• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Ongoing Changelog w/c 3rd June

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser9522

Couldn't get an answer on my oficial forum so I am also trying here. Will the quest rewards change during an open run or have I start a new one after the patch hits live to get all 15 fragments?
Yes, it will change. I've gotten the 20 FP twice because Quest 5 was finished before the change and Quest 10 after.

Umbrathor

Baronet
I wrote: This is good, since it means that people who have finished the settlement up until the final Yggdrasil upgrade have 2 finished runestones instead of needing 2 more upgrades. That makes more sense, it allows for us to close the book on the settlement after that.
Right... so you are happy that you got for free something you don't deserve. And you can close the book and skip two extra runs rest of us had to do.
I did all the runs to get my Yggdrasil up to 9, and have 2 runestones - one at five, one at 4. I am doing the first of the two runs needed to upgrade it to 5 now, and am happy that after this change I can close the book on the vikings.

You incorrectly surmised that I had not done the runs yet. I did not get anything for free. I worked for it. People who will start the settlements only after the change will not get anything for free either. They will have to work for it too.

I wrote:
I do not see any reason why they should compensate people who did the settlements first.

Hypocrit, that is all I can say. So our effort should not be recognized but your "freebies" are good because they save you two extra runs!

Hard to argue with this logic...

When I wrote my original comment, I didn't realize that inno is giving the people who, like me, have already done many settlement runs only 3 extra fragments, whereas people who do the runs later will get 6 extra fragments. That seems unfair to me.

Especially if you add to that the effect of switching the 5 and 10 quests done reward (the fp's and goods). It means that people who did the 25fp cycle and no settlements, and will start settlements after the change, are WAY better off than people who started settlements and who are (almost) done with them now.

It makes more sense to reward the players who played the settlements the way it was intended, instead of the people who exploited the 25fp run. I cannot imagine that Inno intends this, and I hope they change this by rewarding 6 fragments per finished settlement instead of 3.

Darth: I hope this explanation solves the misunderstanding.

1BFA

Viceroy
I wrote: This is good, since it means that people who have finished the settlement up until the final Yggdrasil upgrade have 2 finished runestones instead of needing 2 more upgrades. That makes more sense, it allows for us to close the book on the settlement after that.

I did all the runs to get my Yggdrasil up to 9, and have 2 runestones - one at five, one at 4. I am doing the first of the two runs needed to upgrade it to 5 now, and am happy that after this change I can close the book on the vikings.

You incorrectly surmised that I had not done the runs yet. I did not get anything for free. I worked for it. People who will start the settlements only after the change will not get anything for free either. They will have to work for it too.

I wrote:
I do not see any reason why they should compensate people who did the settlements first.

When I wrote my original comment, I didn't realize that inno is giving the people who, like me, have already done many settlement runs only 3 extra fragments, whereas people who do the runs later will get 6 extra fragments. That seems unfair to me.

Especially if you add to that the effect of switching the 5 and 10 quests done reward (the fp's and goods). It means that people who did the 25fp cycle and no settlements, and will start settlements after the change, are WAY better off than people who started settlements and who are (almost) done with them now.

It makes more sense to reward the players who played the settlements the way it was intended, instead of the people who exploited the 25fp run. I cannot imagine that Inno intends this, and I hope they change this by rewarding 6 fragments per finished settlement instead of 3.

Darth: I hope this explanation solves the misunderstanding.

Only players who have "Completed" the settlement gets the fragments. Players who did 25 fps run by "abandoning" the settlement did not "complete" settlement and therefore will not get the 3 fragments.

DeletedUser10047

Only players who have "Completed" the settlement gets the fragments. Players who did 25 fps run by "abandoning" the settlement did not "complete" settlement and therefore will not get the 3 fragments.
The issue at hand is that those who waited and complete the settlements after the change will receive 15 fragments for each settlement completed within the fastest time. Those who did the settlements earlier only received 9 fragments for each completed settlement within the fastest time and are receiving an additional 3 fragments.

The upshot is that those who waited gain an extra 3 fragments per settlement over those who did the settlements early.

1BFA

Viceroy
The issue at hand is that those who waited and complete the settlements after the change will receive 15 fragments for each settlement completed within the fastest time. Those who did the settlements earlier only received 9 fragments for each completed settlement within the fastest time and are receiving an additional 3 fragments.

The upshot is that those who waited gain an extra 3 fragments per settlement over those who did the settlements early.

I understand that, however I was responding to Umbrathor's message

"It makes more sense to reward the players who played the settlements the way it was intended, instead of the people who exploited the 25fp run. I cannot imagine that Inno intends this, and I hope they change this by rewarding 6 fragments per finished settlement instead of 3."

DeletedUser

I understand that, however I was responding to Umbrathor's message

"It makes more sense to reward the players who played the settlements the way it was intended, instead of the people who exploited the 25fp run. I cannot imagine that Inno intends this, and I hope they change this by rewarding 6 fragments per finished settlement instead of 3."
So your response made no sense, since @Umbrathorused expression "finished settlements", so he does get the difference.

morderca

Farmer
If Inno in live servers gives only 3 pieces of "runestone set" for completed settlement, not 6, how should it be to be fair, I will just end the game and adventure with INNO games.

DeletedUser

Maybe, but thinks that Inno is gonna give 3 fragments even to players who did 25 fp run.
No, he doesn't. He thinks people who finished settlements earlier, before change, would be punished by doing so, receiving only 3 extra pieces, wheras people who exploited "25 FPs" up till change and NOW will be finishing settlements for rewards and getting extra 6 pieces - will be rewarded by Inno for using settlements in way not intended...

DeletedUser9717

It seems that the Viking settlement has not had the expected success, and that they have to increase in some way the participation of the players to improve the statistics of participation. See:

- Improvement of Igdrasil.
- Increase of runic stones.

But in the end it is an improvement for the players, so it's not bad.

On the other hand, 1 new GE that seemed that very few people were going to build, and with the new update, less still. The other ... criticized from the beginning.

It's okay to listen to the players "halfway" XD

DeletedUser5882

Viking settlement tasks have been changed too!
But apparently they have not thought this through!

The tech tree of Vikings had mostly a logic parallel to the tasks.
Clan house was useful to increase population and the willow tree to increase diplomacy (especially if expansions had been used scarcely)
That way they helped us to complete the final task; 4 cultural goods building + 1200 diplomacy.
(meadhall, at the end of the tech tree has always been been utterly useless)

Now, the final task is something completely different.
Something that renders old willow completely unnecessary!
Even clan house is not that much needed already.

There were some mistakes in the logic of the tech tree before (the last one, meadhall had no use at all except for us being forced to build and delete it for few seconds). But now it seems you have added to those mistakes and the last 3 buildings in tech tree have little to no use for the general settlement strategy! They only exist there to be built for few seconds only!

When quest line is changed, so should the tech tree.
For those buildings to have any real impact on the general settlement strategy, they all three need to be moved somewhere before wool farm.
In fact, the last tech should be wool farm and we should have some time to enjoy the benefits of the mead hall and clan house.

Yeah, keep complaining about mead hall... do you want them to mess it up even more than they did now?

Well whatever, I am not touching Vikings ever again (not after they changed it for no good reason and ripped us off of fragments).

DeletedUser

In fact, the last tech should be wool farm and we should have some time to enjoy the benefits of the mead hall and clan house.
How about enjoying benefits of wool farm? If it was last tech, where would you need it? To produce 10 goods? Now that would be stupid.

DeletedUser9717

I've seen in live servers that the reward for mission 5 has changed because people ussually complete it, take the 25FP and start the settlement again.

Does not this mean that completing the Viking settlement is more of a nuisance than a new feature of the game desired by the players? Many players are not enthusiastic about the idea of doing the same thing repetitively ... and from the company it seems that they want to "force" in some way to do that, which is in summary to improve the statistics of participation of players in the settlement, and the improvement of the rewards are only a trap for cheating the players to do It.

I hope that future changes will be more player-oriented rather than company- oriented.

DeletedUser5882

How about enjoying benefits of wool farm? If it was last tech, where would you need it? To produce 10 goods? Now that would be stupid.

Still nowhere close to being as stupid as just commenting for mocking purposes without having a real contribution!

Last edited by a moderator: