• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler New Guild Expedition Buildings! (GE Update?)

CrashBoom

Legend
we've just wanted a new GE level
we get one

with better prizes
also that (most likely)

new buildings
that too

defense boosts
and there is the problem (which they will avoid)
how can they make it challenging to the top players without making it impossible for the average player to beat it

the real top fighters would have no problem beating 800% or higher defense boost
but average players (let's say those have about 400% or less) can't beat it

too many innovations and changes is not always a good thing.
and just a 5th level were top players auto battle 16 times could be too boring

so now the question I still have:
is the defense boost the boost the players already have (there some also have high values, but not so many players)
or will that boost only be from the fortification(s)
(in the egypt settlement they already removed all city boosts and all players fight with no boosts)

ArklurBeta

Baronet
well, based on your replies and all these spoilers - everything seems too complicated. we've just wanted a new GE level with better prizes. defense boosts, new buildings... omg. too many innovations and changes is not always a good thing.

Disagree. I'm glad Inno puts effort into a new level and won't just redesign the map, boost opponents and rewards further, then call it a day.
Yes, no need to overcomplicate things, but we are only speculating here, we can be right, partly right, or "completely wrong". And of course Inno can/might chance things before it hits Live.

Kinda hope it won't be (too) bad, community tends to grab the pitchforks seconds after the release if they see something very wrong, not a fan of that :p.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
so now the question I still have:
is the defense boost the boost the players already have (there some also have high values, but not so many players)
or will that boost only be from the fortification(s)
(in the egypt settlement they already removed all city boosts and all players fight with no boosts)
While I have no problem with the concept of an unboosted competition being somewhere in game to really show off the units as designed in fair fights, I don't think GE5 is the place (maybe PvP Arena could have been if it were changed in a lot of ways).

There would be a strange discontinuity to "to finish GE4, you must have good enough stats ; but to play GE5 if you get there, you just have to not suck".

CrashBoom

Legend
but to play GE5 if you get there, you just have to not suck".
you call it "not suck"

other would call it: fighting skills

most fighters nowadays just have skills in clicking the autobattle button the whole day with the same 8 units combo because of too much boost

I would prefer a skill feature instead of another "it is a nobrainer if you have enough boost"-feature

That would be reason enough for me to never play it.
why ?

defending would only different in 3 points (assuming that it will be still with manual fighting)
- the boost that is considered
- the direction (attacker from left to right, defender from right to left)
- the attacker moves first (for units with same movement points)

Tahrakaiitoo

Marquis
why ?

defending would only different in 3 points (assuming that it will be still with manual fighting)
- the boost that is considered
- the direction (attacker from left to right, defender from right to left)
- the attacker moves first (for units with same movement points)
Because I dislike fighting, period.
I do GE through negotiations.

CrashBoom

Legend
Because I dislike fighting, period.
I do GE through negotiations.
you still can do that

and you even get help

1666191874862.png
icon_bonus_trade_special_goods:
Require less special goods when negotiating

1666191884952.png
icon_bonus_trade_options
: Some of the negotiation goods options are swapped with previous age goods, or possibly lower the number of options?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Hope so. We'll see once we get more info.
But they can't really just keep increasing the amount of options for negotiations; that would make it unplayable (without diamonds).
Probably true. With negotiating they probably have to go with a bigger multiplier but still not much more than 10 options. (maybe 11 or 12 could be viable with retries)

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Speculation,

Fortifications:

Jaguar temple
(blue)
Defence buff when fighting off a siege (likely similar to GvG siege armies).

Blue is the designated colour in the game for defending armies and their bonuses. The jaguar temple is blue too. Making it somewhat sense that it relates to defence. Besides that new mechanics seem to playing a role with defensive bonuses.

Eagle temple (red)
Attacking bonus buffs when attacking a new encounter, or additional buffs to friendly besieging armies.

Red is the designated colour of attack bonuses. Thus it making sense that it's attack related. Besides that, although unlikely to relate in any way, the eagle mt. Reserve buffs attacking armies.

Warrior temple (green)
Jack of all trades, buffing both friendly besieging/invading armies as friendly defending armies while fighting off a siege army.

Green has no known designation related to armies in FoE. However in Grepolis there's a distinct ranking list known as warriors. While top attacking and defending player rank exist too. The warrior ranking taking both aspects into consideration. Although not a perfect parallel, it makes sense that the warrior temple will be a jack of all trades. Buffing both offensive as defensive armies. While likely giving a smaller bonus for each army compared to their respective dedicated army.

Statues, for each statue it's likely the same for each respective colour. However instead of buffing armies it'll likely assisting for those who prefer negotiations over fighting. It kinda makes sense. A statue to charming those with who you're negotiating, while in temples your armies finding inspiration to keeping their moral high.

All of this is just speculation but I think it makes the most sense. It'll also give a reason to constructing defensive GB's and likewise event buildings. It's just a thought of how the devs maybe attempt to making defensive buffs relevant (again).

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Warrior temple (green)
Jack of all trades, buffing both friendly besieging/invading armies as friendly defending armies while fighting off a siege army.
Imagine a Champion-type troop, present in each age and having the bonus of canceling all the bonuses of the units present on the field.
This unit could not be accumulated via alcatraz or otherwise, just at lv 5 expeditions.
So we would have the choice either not to select this troop and fight as usual, or by using this troop that no bonus would interfere in the fight, neither eyes, nor camouflage, nor riposte, ...

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
On Monday some very interesting code was added to the cache regarding how to solve GE5 encounters. I've updated the main thread with full information (in the "Fortifications" and "Defend Encounters" sections).

Seems like you'll only be able to "Defend" encounters in GE5 (or negotiate), not "Attack". Exactly how that's implemented I don't know. Simplest would probably be to make it a regular fight, but instead of using your attack boosts you use your city defense boosts. Another interesting idea could be to make it like the pvp arena / city defense. You set up a defensive army, that has to fight against the attacking army from the GE5 encounter.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
It would likely also mean our units (for manual battle) will be on the right hand side instead of left
Either that, or perhaps "auto" only, like in city def / pvp arena. I do think a flipped board would be most fun though, and would probably be a bit boring if you can't fight manually.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@MooingCat thanks for the new information. Seems to me it's a good time to stocking up on tacticus towers, Watch fires, trees of patient, levelling TA and seeking buildings with both defensive and offensive buffs. To ensure capabilities to remove... obstacles, we might encounter deeper in the GE jungle.

Emberguard

Emperor
Either that, or perhaps "auto" only, like in city def / pvp arena. I do think a flipped board would be most fun though, and would probably be a bit boring if you can't fight manually.
City Defense already uses a flipped board if you look at the replays.

I agree it'd be more fun to be able to do manual. Especially for Guild Expedition