• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler New Guild Expedition Buildings! (GE Update?)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
if replaying it involves a decent cost, it might be viable, but very unlikely...
We also have yet to see just how hard they'll make difficulty 5 and how many people would really be able to handle a "repeated 5, but even tougher". I think it's fair to wait and see what 5 is before declaring that it should be replayable-but-tougher multiple times in a week.

i.e. if it's got the boost of a 100+ attrition fight by the end with handcrafted armies designed to be harder to beat than the 1.5 wave armies of GBG, that'd probably be a pretty good challenge for everyone such that even the people that *can* beat it at the start will feel satisfied by the initial challenge and be looking to make it better. (While many would scream it's too hard as is).

nice2haveu

Baronet
My guess to be like, Guild leaders going to help guild members on GE5 with the fortification temples to infiltrate the opponents army, kind of slightly similar to GBG siege camp procedure.

Following can be treated like,
1666191874862.png
Donate special goods to treasury to build fortification temples in GE

1666191884952.png
Donate regular goods to treasury to build fortification temples in GE​

1666191865625.png
Infiltrate option available to each guild mates for reducing the selected GE encounter army defence power when fortification temple gets activated
Mini GBG as guild expedition exclusive??? Till now encounter capturing happening as individual performance. Don't need farming culture to capture encounter in GE too, if it does discord will get more users subscribed from FoE, so better to have GE chat introduced for co-op with other guilds. More headaches if it is like that.

nice2haveu

Baronet
We also have yet to see just how hard they'll make difficulty 5 and how many people would really be able to handle a "repeated 5, but even tougher". I think it's fair to wait and see what 5 is before declaring that it should be replayable-but-tougher multiple times in a week.

i.e. if it's got the boost of a 100+ attrition fight by the end with handcrafted armies designed to be harder to beat than the 1.5 wave armies of GBG, that'd probably be a pretty good challenge for everyone such that even the people that *can* beat it at the start will feel satisfied by the initial challenge and be looking to make it better. (While many would scream it's too hard as is).
For sure, it will get screaming from few people if the attrition in 100+, because 100+ attrition is just an army troops killer.

But I wish to see the changes come as not of GE5, since many people won't be able to achieve the feet of GE4 completion itself, how they go for GE5. My expectation is to given like a challenge (guild expedition exclusive) event inside the current guild expedition. Little worried like mini GBG, to conquer few encounters to reach the final big encounter with the guilds allotted. If it not like GBG, happy to have a exclusive expedition from guild week starting itself.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
For sure, it will get screaming from few people if the attrition in 100+, because 100+ attrition is just an army troops killer.

But I wish to see the changes come as not of GE5, since many people won't be able to achieve the feet of GE4 completion itself, how they go for GE5. My expectation is to given like a challenge (guild expedition exclusive) event inside the current guild expedition. Little worried like mini GBG, to conquer few encounters to reach the final big encounter with the guilds allotted. If it not like GBG, happy to have a exclusive expedition from guild week starting itself.
It's fine if GE is a troop killer though, because you're not doing 1000 fights! If the fights are so hard that you walk out with 1 unit, having lost 7, it's not a big deal. Even if all 16(?) GE5 encounters were like that it's only a bit over 100 units a week.

I really do expect GE5 to reset the expectations for a lot of people on what they need to aim for. I think that's part of why we've started to get more power-creeped event buildings again - because a lot of people are going to need to play some catchup if they want to GE5 (including myself in some worlds).

I hope that the apparent offensive fortifications are significant enough to widen the viability of the feature to a more substantial subset of current GE4 players. And expensive enough that players want to remove their dependence on them. I think that'd be the sweet-spot for the feature. I will be supremely disappointed if it comes out in a state where my live server main just goes "oh that's nice, more free stuff" and has nothing new to aim for.

nice2haveu

Baronet
I hope that the apparent offensive fortifications are significant enough to widen the viability of the feature to a more substantial subset of current GE4 players. And expensive enough that players want to remove their dependence on them. I think that'd be the sweet-spot for the feature. I will be supremely disappointed if it comes out in a state where my live server main just goes "oh that's nice, more free stuff" and has nothing new to aim for.
It sounded like a classic businessmen thought process, "Never sacrifice your class to get even with someone who has none. Let them have the gutter. You take the high road"

CrashBoom

Legend
It's fine if GE is a troop killer though, because you're not doing 1000 fights! If the fights are so hard that you walk out with 1 unit, having lost 7, it's not a big deal. Even if all 16(?) GE5 encounters were like that it's only a bit over 100 units a week.
a troop killer for who ?

the players with 1000% attack boost, or even 1500%

or just for the average players with maybe 200 - 300%

I really do expect GE5 to reset the expectations for a lot of people on what they need to aim for.
and I expect the 1000% players will do it on auto without need of the fortifcations :rolleyes:

but wouldn't it be fun if the opponent has not a fix boost but depending on what the player has o_O
so all would fight against an opponent with 200% more than his own boost :D

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
a troop killer for who ?

the players with 1000% attack boost, or even 1500%

or just for the average players with maybe 200 - 300%
In my vision: The 1000s should be suffering for sure - if they can handle it at all ; probably the 1500s should find it somewhat difficult ; maybe the 2000s even should be losing significant troops. I wouldn't mind if 2000% boost was the new "comfortable target" for GE5 in SAJM. It's probably above 99% of the population's current boost and should give something to work towards for a while.

SAJM Diff 4 Already has almost 600% Boost. The 200-300% boost people are already well behind the curve for GE and not a consideration (save for low ages).

I'd also hope for a bigger jump between 4 and 5 in lower difficulties so that high boosted people camping some lower age have suitable challenge as well (though some amount of less boost needed in lower ages still makes sense (since less space ; and less efficient buildings) the likes of max 75% boost in iron age GE4 needs to go *way* up in GE5).

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Also I haven't seen anyone say anything yet, but I'd be incredibly doubtful if we see any diamond rewards in GE5. With the crackdown on wishing well availability, how lucrative GE already is, and the recent push towards monetization, it's pretty unlikely.

I am really curious though as to what exactly will make this super hard level so worthwhile to complete. That chain building and/or level 3 buildings are going to have to be really good for how hard GE5 should be balanced as.

CrashBoom

Legend
it needs a new achievement :rolleyes:

and the desciption of the achievement "very dangerous. I'll go first" needs to be changed
level 4 won't be the "highest expedition difficulty" anymore

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Maybe revisit on the st.basil and deal castle GBs. Since forgot them almost. Only TAs been in the city till now.
deal's still wrong. at 49 squares, it takes way too many levels to catch up (to watchfires and TTs) even if you do want defensive stats :p

st basil would be an instant build if suddenly defense became valuable.

But a hold on TTs, WFs, and RFs until this comes out and we find out "oops, we just accidentally used the wrong color" is probably not unwise ;)

Finkadel

Marquis
Now that would be something very interesting, using defence bonus... I know only one player who matched his defence bonus with attack bonus and we thought he was crazy... :)

I can't wait to see how that would go, I have absolutely no space to start piling up defence bonus... That would make interesting strategy choice... I almost like the idea :)

NoVa

Squire
Spoiler Poster
it needs a new achievement :rolleyes:
On the topic of achievements, there are actually three new ones, and the one for current highest might just end up being adjusted. By the way might be worth adding to the OP *wink wink*.
achievement_icons_impressive_architect-ad15dd954.png

Impressive architect
achievement_icons_impressive_defender-4b1db628c.png

Impressive defender
achievement_icons_impressive_penacho-93c057d07.png

Impressive penacho

Architect might be for: Build X fortifications
Defender might be for: Defend X encounters
Penacho might be for: Finish X fifth level guild expeditions

Fortifications are then almost certaintly individual options, unlike unlocking GE levels or building GBG province buildings, and might share a similar implementation.
image-9.png
just a thought, might not look like this at all

Multiple slots are based on an infotext from here:
GEFL|For this enounter there is at least one empty slot left to build a fortification. Are you sure you want to continue?

They could perhaps make easier solving or defending encounters, as one of the infoscreens (blue defense boosts) and achievement (defender) suggests? Somehow decreasing strength of opponents or buffing a player in some way, will have to see. And if the functionality is similar to the GBG buildings, they may require some time to be built and an option to instantly finish, adding another diamond sink? Just a quick brainstorm, but that could spice up GE races.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
The idea of defense boost being useful in GE is definitely an interesting idea. Depending on what you (and/or your guild) can get from it, it would spice up things regarding what you place in your city. As others mentioned, having some def boost might be necessary, e.g. if it's about winning a race against another guild. Hope we will finally get an announcement about it soon, not later than next week? :)

Lindsay

Merchant
well, based on your replies and all these spoilers - everything seems too complicated. we've just wanted a new GE level with better prizes. defense boosts, new buildings... omg. too many innovations and changes is not always a good thing.