• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Challenges await you!

Yekk

Regent
I ALSO think the two items (Rival, Wildlife event) are conflicting most of the time (@kaluha's point, above), making you decide on what your goals are. Rival in 2 days can unbalance a month long event goal - if you let it.

If you need red stars, you have to wait your time allocation, and unless there are "under the covers" coordination of colors so you're able to progress, it's way too consternating to do both - unless you're lucky.

I've grabbed a few quests, but am not letting Rival prioritize my focus on the event.
I have made a message in my guilds Discord stating just what you said so well. Warning my players that this Rival breaks their event, will leave them unhappy, will take their diamonds to complete and even more diamonds to get back to where they were. I suggest everyone here do the same. Even at this early point. My suggestion to Inno is shelf this Rival and any others like it in the future or lose players...

.Chris

Baronet
Make the "Pop x amount of blocks" a choice between 2 or more colors

AND

Change "Drop x amount of 4/6 :aid:-Chests" of specific colours to counting all chest with (at least) the required Level of Chests, maybe increasing the amount of boxes to still keep it challenging

Also consider increasing the amount of tickets players get from the questline (+1 on every occasion where you have them right now).
Tickets are the most valuable currency in this event; in fact, if you're out of tickets you can't do sh|t with your booster or coins.

That might make the questline doable although it still depends on good RNG.

Last edited:
I have made a message in my guilds Discord stating just what you said so well. Warning my players that this Rival breaks their event, will leave them unhappy, will take their diamonds to complete and even more diamonds to get back to where they were. I suggest everyone here do the same. Even at this early point. My suggestion to Inno is shelf this Rival and any others like it in the future or lose players...
I think it breaks the event the same way the calender at the winter event breaks that event. You can either decide to go for the calendar or for daily prices, it's expensive to go for both. Same here, you can either go for the Rival and skip daily prices or other way round. Maybe I was lucky but I'm 100% sure that I had less luck than is required to finish the calendar without diamonds.
Concurrent goals are pretty standard in any game now so we'll just have to adjust.

Yekk

Regent
I think it breaks the event the same way the calender at the winter event breaks that event. You can either decide to go for the calendar or for daily prices, it's expensive to go for both. Same here, you can either go for the Rival and skip daily prices or other way round. Maybe I was lucky but I'm 100% sure that I had less luck than is required to finish the calendar without diamonds.
Concurrent goals are pretty standard in any game now so we'll just have to adjust.
Problem is what does Rival offer? At least the Calendar has a real prize at its end. Almost every player that starts rival will call "no mas" at some point. Some quest will anger them enough they will stop the quest line. Even players that have prided themselves on finishing everything Inno offers up have stopped early.

CDmark

Baronet
Now showing at a theater near you

RIVAL II - THE REASONABLE QUESTGIVER
After the box office bust, Rival - THE IMPOSSIBLE QUESTGIVER, MGM studios, together with MTG, are bringing us more of the Baron and his quests. The lead actor, Dick Diamond has returned as the evil Baron Alaric Ironsoul but he seems TO HAVE CHANGE HIS QUEST GIVING WAYS.

Quests we better than the first week, I did have to buy 4 tickets and 400 coin, 1250 diamonds.

So, with Rival, it seems to me, it will have a great impact on league status. In the Wildlife event, I could get silver without spending diamonds. Now, I had no choice. I didn't spend diamonds the way I like to spend them which is a consequence of doing Rivals, meaning I may have spent diamonds only on tickets versus getting some coin to finish the Rival quests. I could have saved up coin but then that would have changed how I play the minigame (back to Xiphos point, Rival quests versus playing event normally).

I did notice, the 45, 60 blocks said in level but they were saved when one game finished. Keep it that way or we are back to impossible

Also, giving tickets for rewards makes this doable, don't change it or we are back to the diamond heist

Having 2 colors for 2 - 4 star chests, better, don't change or back to underachieving
Should it be 4 star or more like others commented? Of course I like it better, easier. But making it REASONABLE, not wasting multiple tickets (you may spend a couple boosters), it went from 1 color to 2 colors and 4 chests to 2 chests, it made it better.

Forcing me to spend 65 coin, 2 times, is an easy task to do. Changing the game from 10 moves to 5 moves, is still bothering me and now you make me do it twice, "salt in the wound" applies.

fluffycat

Farmer
This version was a bit better than the first together with wild life. Only finished part of it but could have done better if you let us know in advance that there will be a challenge.
Since I could only do the challenge on PC I had spent tickets while playing on mobile. Had I known there was a challenge I would have saved them until I the evening.
Perhaps this would not be a problem on live servers but if it appears on a day when you don't log in until late you will have less time to finish it.
Better if you have some space in which to start it or at least know about it in advance.

To be honest, I don't care, I'm not going to play it on the live server. The main building apparently can't be played to maximum in the event without using slides and the like. In my opinion, it's all about $ and I'm out if it's done that way. Please see this as my opinion, if you see it the same way that's ok, if you see it differently it's ok for me too. Have a merry Christmas and a happy new year 2024.

I can't tell you that, I haven't played through the tasks in Part 3.
If you have found out something that does not fit, please let us know which tasks do not fit. Then I can adjust them.

fluffycat

Farmer
Perhaps the real challenge is to leave the challenge alone?
I like a difficult challenge but not one that take to much time and/or diamonds.
If it was:
Announced in advance.
No colours missing, suprisingly just the one you need or abundance of colours if you need a four star chest.
Shorter, 30 tasks is to much (the wild life event is to long in itself)

wwwoodchuck

Merchant
2 antique dealer and I am Iron Age, hmm, no other option, hmm NO BUENO
The Antique Dealer is not available until High Middle Ages. That leaves BA, IA and EMA out for at least this Rival. Along with the new ‘Rushing’ lower ages research update, it would appear that camping in the lower ages to build a strong city is no longer a viable strategy?

CDmark

Baronet
The Antique Dealer is not available until High Middle Ages. That leaves BA, IA and EMA out for at least this Rival. Along with the new ‘Rushing’ lower ages research update, it would appear that camping in the lower ages to build a strong city is no longer a viable strategy?
think it is ema