• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Challenges await you!

Seems like this rival reward are very good. Do we get a full silver vineyar (9), pyramid (10) and laboratory (8) + santa's?

We need 27 kits for the full level + 3 silver (milestones) and 3 golden (in the end of the questline?)

Last edited:
The Antique Dealer is not available until High Middle Ages. That leaves BA, IA and EMA out for at least this Rival. Along with the new ‘Rushing’ lower ages research update, it would appear that camping in the lower ages to build a strong city is no longer a viable strategy?
Mine AD in the only city I have camping in IA says: Economics from EMA.

2 antique dealer and I am Iron Age, hmm, no other option, hmm NO BUENO
The next quest says 4 AD + donation to guild. So even if you age up you still might nead AD twice to get all 4 item exchange. And at a guess the next one (and last one) says 6 or 8

Last edited:

wwwoodchuck

Merchant
“Quell the Unrest” is spend 150 FP. That is a tall order for a young IA city and could take two collections, it is nothing for a Titan city. Should there be some age scaling in the Challenges?

“Quell the Unrest” is spend 150 FP. That is a tall order for a young IA city and could take two collections, it is nothing for a Titan city. Should there be some age scaling in the Challenges?
None of the rival quests are for a young city. Most require to finish GE4.
But they were quite easy for a IA city you had for a long time

wwwoodchuck

Merchant
None of the rival quests are for a young city. Most require to finish GE4.
But they were quite easy for a IA city you had for a long time
Ahh. Thank you.

Interesting strategy: Frustrate the newer players who do not have developed cities.

Playing as if this was my first city, I am already at a standstill. I currently have one Challenge with 4 negotiate Encounters (Was 6 negotiations) and one for fight 6 encounters open. That is 10 hours to complete these Challenges. The spend 150 FP I will need to wait until tomorrow’s collection (24 Hours) and I am waiting on 15, 4-hour collections. That will take 12 hours unless I plant more production buildings. I am currently on Challenge 8. Three hours into the Rival and I am at a complete standstill in my 34 day old city.

Looking around my Hood, I do not see anyone in IA with 15 Production buildings. I see some with 6 production buildings, many 4 production buildings and a few with only Event buildings.

As a newer user, I am stuck looking at very desirable rewards that I do not stand a chance at receiving. I can spend Medals which I am trying to gather for expansions, on rushed chances in GE. And I can sell buildings to put in more production buildings so I can complete the 15, 4-hour productions. Both of those options would be using scarce resources for the visible rewards. With more Challenges coming, will they get even more difficult?

With the increased power of the newer event buildings, the lower levels of event buildings have been severely lacking in benefits. I can put in a Level 5 Winter Wonderland Pyramid. At 4x4 it has 2 FP, 316 Population (no happiness), 2,800 Supplies and 1% attack boost. I am sitting here l@@king at the benefits of the full Level 10 Pyramid, and mine, which is half way there, has way less than 50% of the total benefits. 22% Red attack boost and 23% blue attack boost at level 10, at level 5 I have 1% red. 10 FP and 13 goods at level 10, I get 2 FP and zero goods.

-Alin-

Emperor
The best rival so far.
Manageable without diamonds.
You need to recruit units, GE might help+inventory units kits.
And several supply rush kits, or 150 smiths in your city to do all quests.

For 3 fully levelled main buildings, is great, also that last building which is very good in stats.

Ahh. Thank you.

Interesting strategy: Frustrate the newer players who do not have developed cities.

Playing as if this was my first city, I am already at a standstill. I currently have one Challenge with 4 negotiate Encounters (Was 6 negotiations) and one for fight 6 encounters open. That is 10 hours to complete these Challenges. The spend 150 FP I will need to wait until tomorrow’s collection (24 Hours) and I am waiting on 15, 4-hour collections. That will take 12 hours unless I plant more production buildings. I am currently on Challenge 8. Three hours into the Rival and I am at a complete standstill in my 34 day old city.

Looking around my Hood, I do not see anyone in IA with 15 Production buildings. I see some with 6 production buildings, many 4 production buildings and a few with only Event buildings.

As a newer user, I am stuck looking at very desirable rewards that I do not stand a chance at receiving. I can spend Medals which I am trying to gather for expansions, on rushed chances in GE. And I can sell buildings to put in more production buildings so I can complete the 15, 4-hour productions. Both of those options would be using scarce resources for the visible rewards. With more Challenges coming, will they get even more difficult?

With the increased power of the newer event buildings, the lower levels of event buildings have been severely lacking in benefits. I can put in a Level 5 Winter Wonderland Pyramid. At 4x4 it has 2 FP, 316 Population (no happiness), 2,800 Supplies and 1% attack boost. I am sitting here l@@king at the benefits of the full Level 10 Pyramid, and mine, which is half way there, has way less than 50% of the total benefits. 22% Red attack boost and 23% blue attack boost at level 10, at level 5 I have 1% red. 10 FP and 13 goods at level 10, I get 2 FP and zero goods.
Someone who finished the questline wrote that the last AD is 6.
Also there are multiple (alegedly) 24 hour production with the last one requiring 30 time 24 hours production

CrashBoom

Legend
lol 3 full event buildings in a 2 day rival
wineyard, laboratory and pyramid complete with silver & gold

and the winter calendar (not unique anymore) building: santas spectacular showtime

wwwoodchuck

Merchant
Someone who finished the questline wrote that the last AD is 6.
Also there are multiple (alegedly) 24 hour production with the last one requiring 30 time 24 hours production
Thank you again.

I do not have the AD open, so the Challenges skipped that. The 30, 24- hour productions are a game stopper for me and my young city. i have no supply rushes yet. A city that could certainly use at least one of those buildings, is likely not to get a full one.

The Quests used to be scaled by age.
Example:

"Win some (4 - 10) battles without losing OR Donate some (50 - 430) goods to the guild treasury"

Expecting a young IA city to be able to complete the same Quests/Challenges as a Titan city is asking a bit much from users.

The Quests used to be scaled by age.
The donate goods still scale by age. But the value are inflated because of all the building that give ton of guild goods, including Laboratory.
I'm in CA and it asked for 650 goods twice.

My 2 month old city on live should be able to handle all the quest, but I might strugle with the production one. AD is not a big deal if you age up.
Hopefully this is realeased to live after St. Patrick, so I have one more month to prepare, even if St. Patrick is the worst for speading up production.

Spending forge point is not a big deal if you are working on an Arc. You can spend on a 1.9x thread and get most back even if you have just a level 10 Arc. Buy forge point (10 + 20) is a bigger problem if the city is brand new or the event you played didn't have special building with big coins production (even previous year event building are good for that as long as you manage to get them fully level).

Last edited:
It does block - it asks to exchange items in Antique Dealer. :(
An IA city (or EMA without AD) can still do 29 out of 32 quests.
You are missing on 2 Autumn Vineyard Selection Kit, 1 Vibrant Autumn Vineyard Golden Upgrade Kit (the building can produce those if needed) and the last milestone Santa's Spectacular Showtime

You should still get one fully level Pyramid and one Laboratory.