• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Challenges await you!

-Alin-

Emperor
yes

having done level 4 will auto-complete all quest conditions where you have to do/fight/negotiate encounters
Well,. wasn't the case for me ...

I completed the whole GE(including level 5) in 20 minutes after 08:00 server time, after that I noticed the new quesline, none of my quests auto completed.

So this is a bug?
@Juber can You forward this please? I had to do all fights and negotiations, nothing auto completed for me.

So many encounters to solve! I now have to rely on the guild leaders to help me progress in the quest. Unfortunately there are no more than 2 levels available! :unhappy:

Vic.Vicious

Marquis
Well,. wasn't the case for me ...

I completed the whole GE(including level 5) in 20 minutes after 08:00 server time, after that I noticed the new quesline, none of my quests auto completed.

So this is a bug?
@Juber can You forward this please? I had to do all fights and negotiations, nothing auto completed for me.
So you didnt finish the challenges? If you finished, then they auto completed.

Yesterday I missed that the quest is time-limited, today I found out that I have to stop at quest 14 because my guild only has GEx II unlocked.
All in all you can nicely bundle the quests so I think it's not too problematic. Depending on your number of production buildings you can complete all 8h productions, collect 5 and keep the others till quest 15. Same is for the 24 hour productions, finish them once, take 6 for q 23, 6 for q31.

For recruiting the 7 armies I placed a Spearfighter barracks. The biggest problem will really be the number of fights.

I'm really looking forward to trying this on the main servers.

Is there any reason that the forum Beta Feedback, where this thread sits, is not accessible via the standard forum page? It should be under Feedback, but there is only Moderated Feedback or Daily Changelog Feedback as subforums.

I'm nearly finished, just waiting for a couple of new units which should appear aith my traz tomorrow morning.

I do have a feathered serpent, and some fragments of the temple.

It requires :
a. Lots of RT because of the 2 day duration.
b. I had to attack a lot of neighbours to conduct the required number of attacks.
c. Our guild treasury did well.
d. I'm in future era, and this event depleted my "supply rush" stock.

Well balanced, I think.

Fopr my fellow players, for what it is worth:
9. Mass self aid kit (buy 10 fp & complete 6 encounters by negotiation)
10. 25 fragments of fethered serpent statue (recruit 7 units & solve 5 encounters)
11. 4 attempts (spend 100 fp)
12. 75 fragmenst feathered serpent (delete 5 units & solve complex negotiation)
13. 50% supply boost & donate 530 goods to guild treasury
14. 100 fragments of feathered serpent (solve 8 encounters in GE & finish an 8 hour production 10 times
15. Finish special production (solve complex negotiation)
16. GE 3 kit (win 12 battles without losing)
17. store building (solve very complex negotiation)
18. serpent feathers (buy 10 fp & defeat very large army)

20. serpent fins (solve 8 encounters in GE)
21. One up kit (DEfeat very large army & donate 530 goods to guild treasury)
22. Serpoent spikes (complete 8 encoiunters by7 negotiating & finish a 24 hour prod 10 times
23. ? (complete 8 GE negotiaons)
24. finish all goods productions (solve this very complex negotiation)
25. GE4 kit (win 14 battles without loosing)
26. (feathered serpent statue lvl 1 (solve this very complex negotiation
27. renovation kit (buy 20 fp & complete 10 encounters by fighting)
28. 8 attempts (spend 200 fp)
29. Feathered serpant statue upgrade kit (solve this very complex nego & win 16 battles without loosing)
30. Feathered serpent statue chain kit (defeat this very large army)
31 Feathered serpant statue upgrade kit (Finish 24 h prod 6 times & donate 750 goods to treasury)
32. Finish all special production (Recruit 8 units & solve 8 encounters in the GE (level IV is sufficient))

.Chris

Baronet
I hate to say but I'm not impressed.

The rewards would be nice for less developed players but these will most likely not be able to fulfill the quests.
In my main (de21, FE) the rewards are mediocre, might do it there simply 'cause I can. :happiness:

Maybe consider adding a clickable object in the city (similar to Castle System or the Forge plus thingy) that opens a display of those fulfilled Mini-Questlines. That way at least I would do it for the bragging rights ;)

My 2 cents. I like this a lot. Finished it in 30 minutes and reward is great. Bring it on! More! Thank you. And please keep on with good rewards... if they suck, noone will care... full FT in 30 minutes? Great!

nice2haveu

Baronet
Why dev team is mocking all the players after completing this challenge,

"Undeserved triumph"

As a rival, avatar can talk anything, but it is a game and players give time and effort to do make them engage and relax while playing it. Those lines are not satisfying to see.

I would say like on rival challenge completion,
Congratulations, I will meet you again and that time your luck won't be enough!!

GateKeeper

Baronet
I hate to say but I'm not impressed.

The rewards would be nice for less developed players but these will most likely not be able to fulfill the quests.
In my main (de21, FE) the rewards are mediocre, might do it there simply 'cause I can. :happiness:

Maybe consider adding a clickable object in the city (similar to Castle System or the Forge plus thingy) that opens a display of those fulfilled Mini-Questlines. That way at least I would do it for the bragging rights ;)
Yup its just another way to reward players who can't play the game as its designed (GE V).

Next up a GBG EXPRESS PASS, for just $25 or 4000 diamonds, you can buy a EXPRESS PASS to auto secure a GBG sector. Coming soon!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator

"Undeserved triumph"

As a rival, avatar can talk anything, but it is a game and players give time and effort to do make them engage and relax while playing it. Those lines are not satisfying to see.

Congratulations, I will meet you again and that time your luck won't be enough!!
I thought calling it an undeserved triumph was very appropriate and the best part of the feature! :p We got over a month's worth of GE5 loot in 2 days. Plus more. For finishing GE4 and burning some rush items.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator

"Undeserved triumph"

Reminds me of Kartuga. To claim your daily login reward you had to beat with a team another team of players in a competitive game. The teams were randomly assembled. However at no fault of your own, you could suffer defeat streaks. Upon suffering a streak the quest giver didn't mock you but shouted at you. With the quest giver portrayed jumping angrily at you. That was the moment I had enough and gave up entirely on the daily login of that game. This appears to be a softer variant. A bit closer to Xerxis’ invasion on the Dutch Grepolis servers. He was challenging the entire player base. Even sharing screen shots of many incoming attacks. Mocking players that he wasn’t impressed. Even when he was defeated. Mocking the player base light heartedly. It was a one of a kind event.
Either way, I also feel with this type of hard challenge such mockery, words are better off chosen more carefully. Like you’ve described, undeserved triumph undermines the achievement of overcoming the challenge. Where as you’ve suggested it doesn’t but still shows the arrogance of a respectful rival taking their defeat. Brushing it off as luck.

GateKeeper

Baronet
I thought calling it an undeserved triumph was very appropriate and the best part of the feature! :p We got over a month's worth of GE5 loot in 2 days. Plus more. For finishing GE4 and burning some rush items.
LOL i didn't catch that ... "Undeserved triumph" that's brilliant!! So true.

Here's some of the things my guild mates are saying about this:
What do you think of the rival
I don't think this works for lower player

As a lower age player, it seems to demand costly actions that aren't (in my opinion) good for my city development. Also, the time available seems too short. As it stands now, I'm not planning to spend any effort trying to complete it.

I tried to do some. But it took me so long to trade just to get the goods for coa. I barely have anything left. I did not even get to eight. And I had to donate 140 goods for one and another 80 So I gave up

Hopefully it will receive some updates...

I have it but wont be able to finish it in time given.

I was thinking that I would really like it ... I finished 4-5 steps ....
But then I spotted how much time that I had left and realized that only lotsa diamonds would make it possible to complete - its just crazy useless as far as I can tell. Maybe they will devellop it further ...

I made it to task 30 and there is another finish 24 h productions. Spent everything useful already so will wait to see if the diamond cost drops to finish 6 productions.

A lot of fighting and negotiate. Battled against almost all of my neighbours.
I like the serpent and temple statues but expensive to get them from this.
Perhaps a way to make medals useful for higher players when GvG stops?

And here I was playing it for sh*** and giggles. I just saw the timer. 11 hours to get 25 quests done....NOT happening. I just threw in the towel. INNO really must think folks are going to just sit at their computer and do all of this stuff straignt on through. To boot, the reward aint all that. Not for that kind of a time sink. 10 quests? Maybe

Seems like something again that aids the established players. And 30 quests is like all the quick quests on an actual event, which takes a few days to get rhough too. So now we'll have events running all the time. And if you have many worlds, just something extra to take up screen space.

The 24 hour timer ones always kill me. I never set those types of timers...and this event I feel like I first saw it when it was halfway over already...Inno has some tweaking to do here for sure.