• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Challenges await you!

The other problem in IA is that some neighboor might not have reasearched the required tech, so they cannot be attacked at all.
There should be time to attack the same people twice.

I don't know how it is, but in my age, the bottom half of the neighboor have low defenses, some with no army set (and one with just one spearfighter).
60 fights are duable. Just maybe in not under 24 hours in every era.

wwwoodchuck

Merchant
:rolleyes:

48 hours = 48 attempts
+ 8 at the start
+ some from reward chests

with luck: no medals. or
only be a few thousands medal for the rest if the whole 2 days are used

I did all yesterday (Titan) and it costed me less than 2 million medals
Yes, using all the timed or time available GE chances is an option. For me, this turns FoE into a chore or job rather than a fun, leisure activity. I would have to mark the time some will open and make sure to be back where I am available to play. Every 8 hours means I need to be available to play the game, granted for a brief time, 3 times a day. As with tracking which opponents in the neighborhood are beatable, it is not an activity that everyone playing would find enjoyable. Have a spreadsheet or notepad out. Do a battle, write name and if defeatable, onto the next. Write name, if defeatable, onto the next…

And yes, if I do not have the time, I do not get the rewards for this activity. All well and good, and I agree. But how many activities are requiring the user to log in more than once a day, at timed intervals, to play. More activities are being added which require this. The user ends up scheduling their day around when they need to open the game to perform an activity. This is already a daily chore, to log in each day at a certain time to collect, or have items pillaged from the city. The latest timed activity being added is the QI Settlement, at every 10 hours.

And yes again. Not everyone has to do all activities, and I agree here also. But how many activities can the user leave out before the game becomes logging to collect and logging off. At that point FoE becomes a job or daily chore, not an enjoyable leisure activity. More and more activities are depending on performing other activities. The latest will be QI. In order to be able to battle you will need the military bonuses from GE 5 and QI reward buildings. And sure, not everyone is required to battle, people can donate goods, coins or supplies. But this requires them to be on at those timed intervals to collect that second city to participate in this part of the game.

I might enjoy or not enjoy GbG. Many Guilds have a minimum requirement. This means I will need to be on at a certain time when sectors are open. The higher ranked a Guild is, the more limited that time becomes. It is posted on the threads here that sectors open and are filled in 15 seconds. That means for a user to get their minimums in, they need to be there before each sector opens to get part of that 15 seconds.

I agree Rival is not a required part of the game, it can be left out like any other part. But to finish it will take arranging ones day around performing the challenges. Being available when more GE attempts open to negotiate or attack. Being available to collect productions and start others and so on. And for some users, even if they would have liked to complete it and been available to complete it, they are prevented by not being of high enough age. In my recollection, the game has provided options in past challenges or questlines for this, the “Or” alternatives. If no “Or” is possible, as in the case of already completing GE, the challenge or quest auto completes. Or, the user is left frustrated. Having these rewards dangled in front, yet unable to achieve them.

For other than the hard core gamer, FoE is becoming more of a chore than a game. My life is filled with I NEED to be here or there, I NEED to do this or that. I look for a game that is available when I have time to enjoy it. I do not mind the daily log in to collect the city. Once a day is fine as I can tailor that to my schedule, it is not a fixed time like GbG opening. It is adding more and more activities like the Rivals that is turning me off to the game. It is making Events longer and requiring logging in each day, multiple times a day. It is adding activities that I am unable to accomplish, even if I would like to. It is making what was an very enjoyable, relaxing game, very complicated and complex. Each day I log in, there is a list of activities I need to perform, and that list grow longer and longer. Will I be getting a W-2* from the Game this year?

A ‘W-2’ is a United Stated tax form that an employer send to each employee once a year to show their earnings and deductions for their hours worked.

Yes, using all the timed or time available GE chances is an option. For me, this turns FoE into a chore or job rather than a fun, leisure activity. I would have to mark the time some will open and make sure to be back where I am available to play. Every 8 hours means I need to be available to play the game, granted for a brief time, 3 times a day. As with tracking which opponents in the neighborhood are beatable, it is not an activity that everyone playing would find enjoyable. Have a spreadsheet or notepad out. Do a battle, write name and if defeatable, onto the next. Write name, if defeatable, onto the next…

And yes, if I do not have the time, I do not get the rewards for this activity. All well and good, and I agree. But how many activities are requiring the user to log in more than once a day, at timed intervals, to play. More activities are being added which require this. The user ends up scheduling their day around when they need to open the game to perform an activity. This is already a daily chore, to log in each day at a certain time to collect, or have items pillaged from the city. The latest timed activity being added is the QI Settlement, at every 10 hours.

And yes again. Not everyone has to do all activities, and I agree here also. But how many activities can the user leave out before the game becomes logging to collect and logging off. At that point FoE becomes a job or daily chore, not an enjoyable leisure activity. More and more activities are depending on performing other activities. The latest will be QI. In order to be able to battle you will need the military bonuses from GE 5 and QI reward buildings. And sure, not everyone is required to battle, people can donate goods, coins or supplies. But this requires them to be on at those timed intervals to collect that second city to participate in this part of the game.

I might enjoy or not enjoy GbG. Many Guilds have a minimum requirement. This means I will need to be on at a certain time when sectors are open. The higher ranked a Guild is, the more limited that time becomes. It is posted on the threads here that sectors open and are filled in 15 seconds. That means for a user to get their minimums in, they need to be there before each sector opens to get part of that 15 seconds.

I agree Rival is not a required part of the game, it can be left out like any other part. But to finish it will take arranging ones day around performing the challenges. Being available when more GE attempts open to negotiate or attack. Being available to collect productions and start others and so on. And for some users, even if they would have liked to complete it and been available to complete it, they are prevented by not being of high enough age. In my recollection, the game has provided options in past challenges or questlines for this, the “Or” alternatives. If no “Or” is possible, as in the case of already completing GE, the challenge or quest auto completes. Or, the user is left frustrated. Having these rewards dangled in front, yet unable to achieve them.

For other than the hard core gamer, FoE is becoming more of a chore than a game. My life is filled with I NEED to be here or there, I NEED to do this or that. I look for a game that is available when I have time to enjoy it. I do not mind the daily log in to collect the city. Once a day is fine as I can tailor that to my schedule, it is not a fixed time like GbG opening. It is adding more and more activities like the Rivals that is turning me off to the game. It is making Events longer and requiring logging in each day, multiple times a day. It is adding activities that I am unable to accomplish, even if I would like to. It is making what was an very enjoyable, relaxing game, very complicated and complex. Each day I log in, there is a list of activities I need to perform, and that list grow longer and longer. Will I be getting a W-2* from the Game this year?

A ‘W-2’ is a United Stated tax form that an employer send to each employee once a year to show their earnings and deductions for their hours worked.
You do not need to be in every 8 hours to finish GE4 in 48 hours. You need only if you want to spend a minimum amount of medals.
If you don't have the time, you can compensate by spending medals. How many depend on how much time you do have for it. If you log in once a day it's a lot, if you can log in twice it goes down a lot.

At least since winter event 2022 EVERY quests that required AD had an alternative (I had a city in IA since then, so I'm checking it). This is the first time in more than a year that no alternative was given.
But the requirement is low enough that if you are camping for a long time, you are not in the testing group and you can get AD open with economics in EMA (and 2+4+6= 6 x 2 hours exchange with a new AD).
If you are in the testing with late settlement and late AD, Inno clearly want you to move on. Either comply or leave (deleting the city should appear on Inno metrics!).

If you do not have the time to dedicate, or just don't want to dedicate the requested time, complaining is probably uselss. Company cannot judge how many customers have this issue by forum complains. Forum complain are auto selected and not representative. We in the forum or discord are a vocal minority ;).
The only way a company can judge this is by metrics like: daily login*, amount spend, number of paying customers.
If you want Inno to listen you need to vote with you wallet (and/or your login).

* Even non f2p customer login are usually included in such metrics.

wwwoodchuck

Merchant
You do not need to be in every 8 hours to finish GE4 in 48 hours. You need only if you want to spend a minimum amount of medals.
If you don't have the time, you can compensate by spending medals. How many depend on how much time you do have for it. If you log in once a day it's a lot, if you can log in twice it goes down a lot.

At least since winter event 2022 EVERY quests that required AD had an alternative (I had a city in IA since then, so I'm checking it). This is the first time in more than a year that no alternative was given.
But the requirement is low enough that if you are camping for a long time, you are not in the testing group and you can get AD open with economics in EMA (and 2+4+6= 6 x 2 hours exchange with a new AD).
If you are in the testing with late settlement and late AD, Inno clearly want you to move on. Either comply or leave (deleting the city should appear on Inno metrics!).

If you do not have the time to dedicate, or just don't want to dedicate the requested time, complaining is probably uselss. Company cannot judge how many customers have this issue by forum complains. Forum complain are auto selected and not representative. We in the forum or discord are a vocal minority ;).
The only way a company can judge this is by metrics like: daily login*, amount spend, number of paying customers.
If you want Inno to listen you need to vote with you wallet (and/or your login).

* Even non f2p customer login are usually included in such metrics.

You do not have to convince me one way or the other of options, I am simply providing feedback for Beta. The company can take it or leave it. I would hope they would like to get a wide variety of viewpoints for consideration in these endeavors. Rather than just hear everything is fine, or everything sucks, some insight as to why, I feel, is valuable information to pass on.

In my view, the company has already decided on their direction, and my providing feedback is of little concern to them, but I feel I had to have my say in support of a game I had enjoyed for many years. Their increased advertising budget, the ads have appeared increasingly heavily on TV and the ads watched in other mobile games, says it all to me.

I have already sent my vote in with my actions and spending in other cities. They will become statistics on the financial spreadsheet.

I started this city in Beta to give friends on production worlds my view of the new addition and how I feel it will affect game play. There was a lot of hope that it would have been a valuable enough 'replacement' for GvG to entice players to continue supporting the game. And yes, I stated 'replacement' as that is how QI was originally billed. The description has morphed over time when it was realized it is nowhere near even a reasonable facsimile to GvG.

I started this city in Beta to give friends on production worlds my view of the new addition and how I feel it will affect game play. There was a lot of hope that it would have been a valuable enough 'replacement' for GvG to entice players to continue supporting the game. And yes, I stated 'replacement' as that is how QI was originally billed. The description has morphed over time when it was realized it is nowhere near even a reasonable facsimile to GvG.
QI was not originally billed as a "replacement" for GvG. This is what the announcement said:

First, after careful analysis and consideration, we decided to shut down the Guild vs. Guild feature. And second, we are happy to introduce its immediate successor — the brand-new Guild Raids!

Many players chose to interpret "successor" as "replacement" but these two words are not synonymous. INNO told us that QI and GvG would "not be necessarily alike".

You do not have to convince me one way or the other of options, I am simply providing feedback for Beta. The company can take it or leave it. I would hope they would like to get a wide variety of viewpoints for consideration in these endeavors. Rather than just hear everything is fine, or everything sucks, some insight as to why, I feel, is valuable information to pass on.

In my view, the company has already decided on their direction, and my providing feedback is of little concern to them, but I feel I had to have my say in support of a game I had enjoyed for many years. Their increased advertising budget, the ads have appeared increasingly heavily on TV and the ads watched in other mobile games, says it all to me.

I have already sent my vote in with my actions and spending in other cities. They will become statistics on the financial spreadsheet.

My point was not to convince you, but to show you that such feedback on the forum is mostly uneless to Inno. They cannot act on it.

Here is an idea of an alternative to AD task that is challanging, still force new cities to progress on tech tree, but reduce the chance of speding diamonds (AD exchange can be espedite with diamonds):

Offer guild donation of NEXT era goods (including for SAT!) at a rate of 1000 per AD attempt. So 2k next era goods, 4k and 6k for the 3 quests.

A new city would probably be unable to do it, and would prefer to move forward in the tech tree.
A city camping in IA for a long time probably can trade for them or already got them from all the next era goods that event give. And since no advancement is being done in this city it doesn't actually hav a use for them like a city that is moving up in the tech tree.

I couldn't think of another alternative where diamond spending was an option that is not already in the other questlines.

The two words are synonyms according to Websters.
You are literally correct. They are synonyms.
You are completetly wrong in the sense that the meaning of the two world is symilar they are not the same (like most synonyms). But the important detail is that the world actually used doesn't mean what people use as interpretation of the announcement.

Still a very poor choice for Inno communication.

This morning I thought I couldn't finish the quests because I lost a battle at 16/25. Now I tried the PvP fights and while it cost me many more medals than I would fork over regularly I was able to finish all lines. Unfortunately I've spent about half my "Finish all supply Productions" so I won't do this regularly.

Emberguard

Emperor
You are literally correct. They are synonyms.
You are completetly wrong in the sense that the meaning of the two world is symilar they are not the same (like most synonyms). But the important detail is that the world actually used doesn't mean what people use as interpretation of the announcement.

Still a very poor choice for Inno communication.

It is standard to use the term spiritual successor to describe something in the same vein as what it's replacing. It's not unreasonable for people to think a successor would have similarities when there's a cultural connotation for that precedence outside the game. Maybe that word means something else in Germany, but the word successor does have that connotation outside of Germany

Kronan

Viceroy
My point was not to convince you, but to show you that such feedback on the forum is mostly uneless to Inno. They cannot act on it.

Here is an idea of an alternative to AD task that is challanging, still force new cities to progress on tech tree, but reduce the chance of speding diamonds (AD exchange can be espedite with diamonds):

Offer guild donation of NEXT era goods (including for SAT!) at a rate of 1000 per AD attempt. So 2k next era goods, 4k and 6k for the 3 quests.

A new city would probably be unable to do it, and would prefer to move forward in the tech tree.
A city camping in IA for a long time probably can trade for them or already got them from all the next era goods that event give. And since no advancement is being done in this city it doesn't actually hav a use for them like a city that is moving up in the tech tree.

I couldn't think of another alternative where diamond spending was an option that is not already in the other questlines.

So in other words, they herd us like cattle with incentives to "move along, move along", and not play the game OUR way? Since when do we have an expansive, wide openly designed game with tons of ways to play, and now we're designing methodologies to move people along to higher levels at someone else's pace? Since when?

Yeah - I know "you don't have to do it, it's NOT mandatory", but it smacks of someone or the company trying to be my "puppet master".

We're not puppets... I"m not asking "how high" when they say JUMP.

So thank you - I'm very glad you posted the entire RIVAL list of quests, in time to save some - because it shows how sinister this really is. Without that effort to illuminate as such, many would start down the road to play, and play in good faith, spend in good faith, then get that critical decision to abort the Rival challenge very deep into it - because you get to a point of a MAJOR game decision, and you have to choose to shelve your current game strategy.

Again the, you don't have to do it, it's not mandatory - mantra we've heard can be put in evidence once again, and yes, we could shout that to every point made.

But I won't.

So your efforts to post the Rival challenge quests, and for the community to analyze them collectively - brings out an old adage that comes to mind:

2nd mouse gets the cheese.

That applies here, in spades.

Thanks for not letting me, or others.... be the first mouse.

Last edited:
It is standard to use the term spiritual successor to describe something in the same vein as what it's replacing. It's not unreasonable for people to think a successor would have similarities when there's a cultural connotation for that precedence outside the game. Maybe that word means something else in Germany, but the word successor does have that connotation outside of Germany
Successor: person or thing that succeeds another.
Succeed: come after and take the place of. (one of the meaning of this verb)
Replacement: a person or thing that take the place of another (one of the meaning of the noun).

Neither include the concept that the successor or replacement would be the same of the previous.
Example: A successor of a prime minister can have completely different policies.

Using those words does not mean that the successor or replacement will provide the same gaming experience.
But it would have been better if Inno created a more clear separation between feature that appeal to different playing style and expirience.

Definistion source: Oxford dictionary.

So in other words, they herd us like cattle with incentives to "move along, move along", and not play the game OUR way? Since when do we have an expansive, wide openly designed game with tons of ways to play, and now we're designing methodologies to move people along to higher levels at someone else's pace? Since when?

Yeah - I know "you don't have to do it, it's NOT mandatory", but it smacks of someone or the company trying to be my "puppet master".

We're not puppets... I"m not asking "how high" when they say JUMP.
So thank you - I'm very glad you posted the entire RIVAL list of quests, in time to save some - because it shows how sinister this really is. Without that effort to illuminate as such, many would start down the road to play, and play in good faith, spend in good faith, then get that critical decision to abort the Rival challenge very deep into it - because you get to a point of a MAJOR game decision, and you have to choose to shelve your current game strategy.

Again the, you don't have to do it, it's not mandatory - mantra we've heard can be put in evidence once again, and yes, we could shout that to every point made.

But I won't.

So your efforts to post the Rival challenge quests, and for the community to analyze them collectively - brings out an old adage that comes to mind:

2nd mouse gets the cheese.

That applies here, in spades.

Thanks for not letting me, or others.... be the first mouse.
I just hope they don't announce, before going live, that they made some quest easier without specifying waht they changed.
Like they did for Rival in Wildlife. I dind't try to finish the first round because of the very poor announcement content.

Kronan

Viceroy
I just hope they don't announce, before going live, that they made some quest easier without specifying waht they changed.
Like they did for Rival in Wildlife. I dind't try to finish the first round because of the very poor announcement content.
Gotta give ya a shout out for saving me GOBS of time and game resources - so thanks for that. Very community oriented service that was entirely helpful :)

Namaste

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
There is someone that "equationalizes" the value of the items being pushed in RIVAL with the steps for the gratification of owning them in 2 days of time. These items normally take weeks to acquire - via slogging through an event, setting timers, dropping tiles, or collecting shamrocks.

What if people stopped playing the events for the weeks of time they take..., and just focused on getting stuff in 2 days, via Rival?

Seems like a better deal....

They're offering 3 PREMIER buildings and a GOLD league kicker for 2 days of intense work. Seems like if you were to prepare your city and mind for such an adventure, you'd be onto something....
With an wel established city, it might be an appealing shift of focus. While berry picking events with a more forgiving/relaxed nature for completion. I’m also certain such rivals to be rare occasions. As it’s currently the 1st rival offering such powerful buildings on their entirety. While during events he’s either offering side buildings or valuable event currency + boosters. Exception is the test trial of the rival with GE. Offering a full forgotten temple alongside GE5 buildings.
You’re definitely onto something valid to seriously consider. Spawners can path a way to “retire” from events. While still advancing the city. Although it’s at the expense of potentially more powerful buildings due to power leap.

Thunderdome

Emperor
A real ball kicker! Took 2 Mass Aid and 2 Finish All Special Productions (after spending others for the other ones) in one go (had like 24 same age special production buildings like sunken treasure/sleigh builder that I am not giving up to use outdated buildings like blacksmith when events would call for same age buildings or 1 age previous for productions).
Quest prior to this one was 20 battles without losing

image.png
I nearly had difficulty in keeping up this one. One false move, and it would spell "doom" for me to restart, heh heh. The previous one I was able to get with GE to 64 and then doing the defeat this large army ones).

But seriously, if Rival is going to throw a wrench like that, at least make it where it's reasonable within its own constraints.

A real ball kicker! Took 2 Mass Aid and 2 Finish All Special Productions (after spending others for the other ones) in one go (had like 24 same age special production buildings like sunken treasure/sleigh builder that I am not giving up to use outdated buildings like blacksmith when events would call for same age buildings or 1 age previous for productions).

I nearly had difficulty in keeping up this one. One false move, and it would spell "doom" for me to restart, heh heh. The previous one I was able to get with GE to 64 and then doing the defeat this large army ones).

But seriously, if Rival is going to throw a wrench like that, at least make it where it's reasonable within its own constraints.
Like you I have a lot of special production building, total in beta 24. I was still able to use 1 hour and 2 hours rush on my Sunken Treasure for the 4 hours production (+ waiting 1 hour). In the end I used just one finish supply production + 1 each of 1 hour and 2 hour rush.
Half of my special production building are already on 24 hours production.

For the lot of battles without loosing, I used my neighboors is the early stage of the quest streak, by going to each neigboor city and looking to check they didn't have many high level defending army boost building. One surprised me by having low boost AND 7 next era troops (+ one balista in CA for some reason). But I finish it using GE