• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Juber's gbg suggestions

Yekk

Regent
That makes no sense, so you can't fight if you don't have the whales? What do they do? Taking a sector halve and let the other halve for the rest of the guild to fight? Or is no one allowed to fight before they start? Or they allow you to take the first sector with full attrition and wait till they have camps?

Lousy chess players???? Not every new or recent player start with an arch level 180,alca level 100 and over 1500% attack bonus. Those players are not lousy or lazy at all and do maybe 30 or 40 fights a day , but are forced to wait every two seasons to do some fights when two fighting clubs control the map and switch with each other and leave sectors at 159/160.

You are being offensive now... The system works except for you huh? You want to hurt Diamond which works just fine for over 1/2 the guilds so you can get a win... Better, if you can't matchup, to have a system where your founder is allowed to keep your guild in diamond light or platinum. Blowing up what works just because you can't match up is bad... As I said much earlier your way and Juber's kills GBG, WILL LOSE PLAYERS...may kill the game.

Last edited:
There are, perhaps a dozen players on this Forum and another dozen on the US Forum (not to mention the other servers) that are contributing to the debate about how to fix the problems (real or not) in GBG. I find it amusing that this debate has raged on since the inception of GBG without reaching consensus. Meanwhile, the "silent majority", the vast number of players that simply "chew and swallow", go about their gameplay without complaint. No wonder that INNO has not engaged in this discussion. The silent majority pays the bills without complaint and, from what I've come to understand, most Forum members claim to be F2P. Of course INNO is not motivated to modify GBG - they have no reason to.

jovada

Regent
What you describe is disgusting. I even know that not all of this is fiction and fantasy. Because I've seen it. But imagine it happens otherwise. "Whales" spend their time, nerves and diamonds so others can come at a convenient time and do their 30-40 fights without straining. If you are unlucky, it does not mean that there is no such thing.

I see it in many guilds , whales often wait that lesser guildmates take the first sector with full attrition and only start when they can put camps , and you really are talking nonsens if you say that it's thank to them that others can do their 30 or 40 fights, i never saw a whale stop when there are 5 camps to fight without attrition so lesser members can do their 30 or 40 fights.

They're not lousy or lazy, maybe. They are just not ready to make an effort to play with the "whales" on an equal footing. It's a game, after all. And the effort should not be excessive. But the "whales" were not born like that either. They just did something that your "chess players" are not ready for. Then tell me, will it be fair if your not lazy and not lousy players get effortlessly what the whales have been working on for several years?

"Why break what works just to appease a lousy chess player..." is what Yekk said. And you are completely missing the point. We never said that whales are not allowed to fight only to make it more attractive so more people can enjoy GbG.

Yekk

Regent
I see it in many guilds , whales often wait that lesser guildmates take the first sector with full attrition and only start when they can put camps , and you really are talking nonsens if you say that it's thank to them that others can do their 30 or 40 fights, i never saw a whale stop when there are 5 camps to fight without attrition so lesser members can do their 30 or 40 fights.

"Why break what works just to appease a lousy chess player..." is what Yekk said. And you are completely missing the point. We never said that whales are not allowed to fight only to make it more attractive so more people can enjoy GbG.

That happens in poorly ran guilds... My guild requires that the time when locks are to come off be announced to the guild. That sniping AF tiles is not allowed. Players set their alarms to be on.

This league we got one other guild that actually wants to be in the 1K leagues. The other 6 would either want the under 1K league or platinum. Those 6 would excel if allowed such. My request of founders having control on that is easy to code, would fix that problem, does not break what does work, stops guilds tanking leagues ( they no longer have to do so). Has no down sides...

CrashBoom

Legend
maybe whales help a few "noobs" from their guilds to a few more fights

but at the same time they prevent a least 50 times more players from other guild to get their battles because 2 whale guilds swap sectors all day

so whales are not a good thing
they are a bad thing

o_O

Yekk

Regent
There are, perhaps a dozen players on this Forum and another dozen on the US Forum (not to mention the other servers) that are contributing to the debate about how to fix the problems (real or not) in GBG. I find it amusing that this debate has raged on since the inception of GBG without reaching consensus. Meanwhile, the "silent majority", the vast number of players that simply "chew and swallow", go about their gameplay without complaint. No wonder that INNO has not engaged in this discussion. The silent majority pays the bills without complaint and, from what I've come to understand, most Forum members claim to be F2P. Of course INNO is not motivated to modify GBG - they have no reason to.

The debate goes on within the guilds. I liked your analogy using baseball. It is best to keep fixes simple.

Owl II

Emperor
So do whales interfere with your enjoyment? Or is it still unwillingness to make extra efforts to catch up with whales? I'm not "talking nonsense." I implement this nonsense. I gathered a team of beginners and raised a "whale" out of them. While you are asking for free SC at HQ here
He said it right. Everyone who wants to play has adapted for a long time.

CrashBoom

Legend
whales often wait that lesser guildmates take the first sector with full attrition and only start when they can put camps
and the worst whales are those who don't even pay for camps ( o wait: are that then still whales ?)

they want until other pay and then fight

I remember a few guilds where I was:
when sectors with 2 or 3 camps announced almost nobody did anything
but when there were sectors with 4-5 camps the sector was taken in minutes

Yekk

Regent
maybe whales help a few "noobs" from their guilds to a few more fights

but at the same time they prevent a least 50 times more players from other guild to get their battles because 2 whale guilds swap sectors all day

so whales are not a good thing
they are a bad thing

o_O

Only because the system of where guilds land each league needs a simple fix. Fix where a guild lands so they can compete and the whale guilds play each other.

jovada

Regent
He said it right. Everyone who wants to play has adapted for a long time.

Yes players that are venus and since long have high arc and alca and % attack. So GbG is only for adapted players ? All newbies or recent players have to wait till they can compete with the rest ? Or are they also allowed to enjoy GbG according to their possibilities?

Yekk

Regent
Yes players that are venus and since long have high arc and alca and % attack. So GbG is only for adapted players ? All newbies or recent players have to wait till they can compete with the rest ? Or are they also allowed to enjoy GbG according to their possibilities?

Actually many find IA or CE to be great for GBG. Inno's release of the SoA greatly helped weaker players do some catch up. My beta guild is full of younger players that would love to be in platinum or diamond light every week. They enjoy GBG when we are not in the 1K. Now why do you want to break the 1K anyways...? I am a strong chess player but do no want to change its rules to hurt the world champion. That is what you aim for now. Totally unnecessary if small changes are done

What is a "newbie" player? I started playing in late November 2020. In this crowd I'm probably a "newbie". However, in the beginning I searched the forums for guidance and info then emulated the elite players. Within 6 months my ARC was L80, Traz L65, Triad L65+. A/D 1000+/800+ before reaching CA. I found a spot with a top GBG guild and have rapidly advanced since then. Every player, "newbie" or not, has the same "possibilities". The question is do they have the ambition or do they just want things handed to them?

Owl II

Emperor
You don't need to be in Venus with SC. You don't need to have an over attack with SC. You need only desire and free time to do 7-10 k fights per season. That's what SC are for. I repeat again: we assembled a team of beginners. There are no such whales now who will stop them from farming

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator

There's plenty of people who complain to the people who are involved in the discussion. And there's people who already *have* quit over it. This is not something that only bothers a few people.

There are indeed guilds that are just happy with the status quo - and they're also represented in the discussion by the likes of Yekk and Owl.

As for why Inno doesn't change anything, they've actually stated that before: because it's such a highly used feature they fear that any big change could hurt their bottom line. That while the status quo is less than ideal, they could make things even worse.

Ultimately if they do decide to make changes, it'll be on their game designers to decide what would improve the problem areas, not our specific suggestions - our weight into the decision process is solely expressions of being happy or unhappy with it; which likely takes a backseat to whether their statistics are favorable or not and if the statistics become unfavorable enough then they'll look to the written feedback for "why aren't people happy?" and construct their own solutions. Our suggestions are really only for our own entertainment purposes - they never would (nor should) treat us as junior game designers :p

For the time being those of us who are unhappy can try to find workarounds to find situations that are more appealing to us - hence for instance my observation of how top platinum groups have often turned into a race for the bottom to not go back to diamond. And why other than the 1 world I've mostly been avoiding being in a guild that would wind up in diamond (i neither enjoy farming nor being feed). The process of how these machinations create additional artificial pressure on the system might eventually be what leads to some sort of change as it spreads the discomfort to a wider selection of guilds.

When the system works best is when everyone feels it's in their interest to try their best. Before you have too many guilds sitting in diamond-1000 this holds true generally. When guilds start trying to metagame the system in different ways it becomes a wider problem.

Owl II

Emperor
There are indeed guilds that are just happy with the status quo - and they're also represented in the discussion by the likes of Yekk and Owl.
I didn't say I like it. It's a boring farm for the most part. There are fun seasons in which there is adrenaline, a race or interaction with an interesting partner but very rare. I just found a way to play it now, not wait for the developers to change something. For me and for several dozen players

Just because you are driving a Ferrari doesn't mean you are allowed to forbid other cars to use the highway or tell them to drive same speed or just to disappear. Neither to tell the architects how to build the highway to make it most comfortable for Ferraris. Developers still have to make it comfortable for the majority and this, no matter how much you wish it to be or how much effort you spent to afford it, aren't the Ferrari drivers.
So, since Inno are the architects in this scenario, what you are saying is that we shouldn't be complaining about how Inno created GBG, and should just enjoy the drive while flipping off all the driver's you pass with your Ferrari. Got it! :cool:

Owl II

Emperor
So, since Inno are the architects in this scenario, what you are saying is that we shouldn't be complaining about how Inno created GBG, and should just enjoy the drive while flipping off all the driver's you pass with your Ferrari. Got it! :cool:
A ridiculous analogy. But if we continue, then Ferrari do not drive on country roads, and the highway code restricts not only the maximum, but also the minimum speed on the autobahn

napodavout

Merchant
good morning
I still thought that JUBER's suggestions weren't bad.
the support makes the effort to ask for our opinions, but as usual some want a game adapted to their style of play.
the next time put in place, without discussions.
thank you
bonjour
je continue a pensé que la suggestions de JUBER , ettait pas mauvaise .
le support fait l effort de demandé nos avis , mais comme d habitude certain veullent un jeu adapter a leurs style de jeu .
la prochaine fois mettait en place ,sans discusions .
merci