• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Japanese arriving in FOE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser7703

If you watch the live q&a a couple of things are confirmed:

Japanese will be the next settlement
Coming soon to beta (no indication of how long soon is though)
Japanese play through will be shorter than Vikings
Less play throughs to get main reward (shinto temple) maxed

qaccy

Emperor
Less plays to get it maxed, but it still has the same number of levels as Yggdrasil. So that probably means the same number of upgrades, with fewer emissary rewards (if any). Maybe it's just a straight shot, 10 clears to get the building+9 upgrades for it? Wonder what acquiring Dojo fragments will look like compared to Vikings as well.

DeletedUser9977

Yes, spoilers show.
Pics have been up in a earlier post. But I'm still wondering if those are for an event rather than the japanese settlement... Looks more like it anyway. With upgrades and such for different kind of buildings. So... is it a japanese event coming soon as well??

DeletedUser8090

why, two kinds of buildings, two kinds of upgrades, just like ygg and runestone.
it looks exactly identical to vikings...

Beta-OD

Squire
You can also see japanese listed when you scroll to the right before starting Vikings to see the other settlements you could start if they were implemented yet.

It is listed there now, even on regular worlds. I just finished one a settlement and there it was.

DeletedUser9977

@NewEmess All of the URLs for the various images (including the Shinto Temple and Timeless Dojo) confirm that they're tied to a Japanese settlement rather than an event.
I see... :)
It was the images of those smaller things, bowls etc, that made me wonder. But of course, they must be like the axes etc for the vikings. Things you produce.

DeletedUser9541

Is there any news about how soon one or both new settlements will become available?

DeletedUser9541

Fifteen events in the "Timeless Dojo" would fit with the sumo sand ring floor, since there are 15 bouts in each of the six tournaments each year in Japan. I hope a Japanese avatar is released for completing settlements.

DeletedUser7703

I really hope we don't see the Japanese in the next month. So it gives Inno a chance to reflect on the impact of their changes to the vikings. Particularly % of people taking part up to settlement #15 and number of people taking part after they have their Yggdrasil maxed.

DeletedUser8362

since they changed it i simply ignore the setelment

You are not alone...

Tho I'd play a new one until I max out whatever the Yggdrasil equivalent is...

But I'd be playing it with a shrug of resignation rather than a leap of joy...

The rewards are:

Shinto temple, lvl 9 3x4
Coins
25% supply boost
When motivated
50 goods
12 FP
Supplies

Dojo 3x3, lvl 5
Coins
When motivated
1 random unit