• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Infinite load in battles [55244]

DeletedUser10039

i don't use champions and i have the issue.

Edit: I found out it was because the enemy army had a InD Champion in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amy Steele

Regent
Hi @rockos, for me the battle (GE) loads fine with 1 Champion in my army. Are you using more than 1 Champion? Also, does the battle load fine for you with no Champion in your army?

DeletedUser10197

I spent all attempts in GE, so I experimented with Continent Map. With 1 or 2 Champions the battle won't load. Without Champions the battle loads just fine.

DeletedUser10039

I used multiple combos of troops to test it.

1. Auto battle works ok
2. Manual battle on GE/Daily quests fails.

DeletedUser8336

It seems like it's the Champions that's the problem.
I always use Champions and couldn't load any battle scenario. Then I tried a battle without any Champions and the battle scenario loaded just fine. I tried different amount of Champions but every time a Champion is present (no matter the amount) the battle scenario won't load.

DeletedUser7669

I never use champions in attack and the problem still happens once every few battles.

Cleitomachus

Marquis
The endless loading happens regularely, but not with all battles. Therefor reproducing the issue can be difficult, because it happens right after the attack command, loadin the battle field, but not always. Clearing the cache does not help, restarting the browser does not help, restarting the computer does not help. The only thing that helps to leave the endless loading is stop FoE and restart. Then you get the option to retreat. At least you can play then, but the battle (that did not even start) is lost.

The same things apply also to me.

DeletedUser7669

It seems like it's the Champions that's the problem.
I always use Champions and couldn't load any battle scenario. Then I tried a battle without any Champions and the battle scenario loaded just fine. I tried different amount of Champions but every time a Champion is present (no matter the amount) the battle scenario won't load.
After doing some testing, I think too the champions could be the problem. Even though I do not use them myself to attack, I can see from the info I keep that the endless loading occures when my opponent has champions in his/her defending army.

Cleitomachus

Marquis
After doing some testing, I think too the champions could be the problem. Even though I do not use them myself to attack, I can see from the info I keep that the endless loading occures when my opponent has champions in his/her defending army.

This may be true, because in the Guild Expedition, although I do not use champions, there is between the opponent units 1 champion, so I can not go ahead, with the known problem, losing all the attempts...

Last edited:

DeletedUser8336

I can confirm the above statement. Only when both attacker and defender have no Champion, can the battle scenario be loaded.

hddk

Steward
I confirm.

HMA, Daily Challenge, 1 Champion+7 Rogues and I can't load battle in manual mode. I've changed Champion for Knight and it's OK.

DeletedUser8701

I've got the same issue with infinie loading of a fight, Modern Age, I can not say, wheather it is a champion or not used by the opponent, as the screen stops loading before I can see the map. I use agents and mechanized infantry at the moment. Retreating is of no good for my statistics but the only solution to be able to continue playing...

DeletedUser10198

Cada vez que intento luchar en el mapa del continente se congela y tengo que salar del juego, y no tengo forma de poder luchar.

Translation (Amy Steele): Every time I try to fight on the map of the continent, it freezes and I have to get out of the game, and I have no way to fight.

Amy Steele

Regent
For those of you with access to a mobile device you can complete affected battles in either our Android or iOS version as these are unaffected

DeletedUser9394

Industrial Age, same issue with infinite loading - Champion & 7 Rogues cannot load, changing out the Champion for any other troop allows manual fight - bringing back the Champion causes it to stop loading once more.

Amy Steele

Regent
Thanks all! We can now confirm this issue for Champions in most eras. If you are attempting to fight with units other than Champions and are unable to load any battles (not just some battles - this may be caused by a Champion in the defending army) please let us know!

DeletedUser9394

Industrial Age, same issue with infinite loading - Champion & 7 Rogues cannot load, changing out the Champion for any other troop allows manual fight - bringing back the Champion causes it to stop loading once more. Playing on PC with Windows 10

DeletedUser10199

i'm in industrial age and my champions from my champions retreat (industrial age) always get infinite load when i go in manual battle in daily quests on continent map or vs other players with any other soldiers. But my other soldiers alone works fine even with unattached champion from previus colonial age.