• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween Event 2021

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Depending on how many kits you get you can also get some great smaller designs:

xvlZsFT.png

16 / 24 / 32 forge points, or 0.8 / 0.89 / 0.94 FP/tile
If you put it that way it can be an somewhat amazing fp-farm. Though I think it'll be challenging to get sufficient and I think maybe some high efficiency harvest fields could bearing it. How did you manage to assemble such an amazing file? I mean I know you're an excel expert but this is next lvl :)

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
If you put it that way it can be an somewhat amazing fp-farm. Though I think it'll be challenging to get sufficient and I think maybe some high efficiency harvest fields could bearing it. How did you manage to assemble such an amazing file? I mean I know you're an excel expert but this is next lvl :)
It's a tool / website I've made called foe-event-set-builder. Can't link but google will work :)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Roughly increasing it with 25%-50% from current values?

If I did anything it'd just be a couple tweaks rather than blanket increases.

i.e. improving the helter skelter that's supposed to be the centerpiece.

Or making one of the teacup or clown town a little better since they're both kinda cringeworthy (which is fine in a set - that's part of their appeal that you have some pieces that are amazingly efficient and other pieces that are just there to prop them up - but there's room on both of those to get better without taking away from the aspect of "i don't really want this building, but it helps the others").

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
As for comparisons to the fall set in FP efficiency... Cat's layouts do pass what you can do with it for FP - though you can get more regular shapes out of it so there's that. And they do give more than just FP.

The fall layout I currently consider the "gold standard" in spammable FP-focused buildings is:

Sunflower Patch-Triplet-Wheatfield-Triplet-Sunflower Patch. Where "Triplet" is a 3x3 stack of Begonia-Scarecrow-Begonia.

it's 3x12 with optimal road solution being along both short sides - so I count it as 3x13 squares due to half-road on each side. It produces 26 FP (5*4+3*2) in those 39 squares or 0.67FP / sq while requiring 9 prizes. It also produces 30 goods and gives 12% Attack and 10% coin boost.

So in comparison even the smallest of Cat's hallowe'en layouts does outperform it in FP efficiency.

hades8840

Squire
As this was my first halloween event was looking forward to the wolf set seen it was in todays special so thought would try I went through all the tickets you get from start till quest 23 then I used diamonds to grab 3 of the 395 ticket sets and used all of the items must of seen a couple dozen pumpkins did not get a single special nada nought ...now on last even I had the special drop lots of times ...seems way off on this event will avoid with my other citys when event hits the live servers

Migiwa

Merchant
As this was my first halloween event was looking forward to the wolf set seen it was in todays special so thought would try I went through all the tickets you get from start till quest 23 then I used diamonds to grab 3 of the 395 ticket sets and used all of the items must of seen a couple dozen pumpkins did not get a single special nada nought ...now on last even I had the special drop lots of times ...seems way off on this event will avoid with my other citys when event hits the live servers
I just came here to see if I was the only one who did not get any daily special. I used every tickets I got to buy 395 packs, bought 500 tickets for 1995 diamonds 2 times and got nothing... Plus I think the pumpkin occurences are really low this year. Halloween is my favorite event, but this year's starts real bad, hope it gets better...

vesgouo

Baronet
I just came here to see if I was the only one who did not get any daily special. I used every tickets I got to buy 395 packs, bought 500 tickets for 1995 diamonds 2 times and got nothing... Plus I think the pumpkin occurences are really low this year. Halloween is my favorite event, but this year's starts real bad, hope it gets better...
I got only one.
Really frustrating

Owl II

Emperor
Perhaps AD will be satisfied at the end of the event. The monumental graveyard in the calendar today . It costs 2160 coins. It's a pity, I did all the quests yesterday and spent tickets for the house of horrors just like other players. The calendar will not be collected if the stickers will are found less often

Last edited:

jtrucker

Baronet
Dunno if this is bug or intention, but
First day -> First sticker -> Second slot in calendar ??
Paying or collecting the joker should not be required if you play daily but apparently it is, or did I miss something??

If it is due to Earth time zones, that is still wrong. I don't know when exactly it has started, but I was online 15 hours ago and there was no event yet (I play only on PC), so it must have started LESS than 15 hours ago, thus it shouldn't be in second day of the calendar no matter the time zone.

Owl II

Emperor
Dunno if this is bug or intention, but
First day -> First sticker -> Second slot in calendar ??
Paying or collecting the joker should not be required if you play daily but apparently it is, or did I miss something??

If it is due to Earth time zones, that is still wrong. I don't know when exactly it has started, but I was online 15 hours ago and there was no event yet (I play only on PC), so it must have started LESS than 15 hours ago, thus it shouldn't be in second day of the calendar no matter the time zone.
The days changes at midnight to the server time. The second day of the event started 5 hours ago

BritishBoy

Marquis
Same old story with super greedy random :) :) last year I got just 2! Daily specials for WHOLE event currency. I don't want to spend neither diamonds nor my time on such greedy random, screw it!

jtrucker

Baronet
The days changes at midnight to the server time. The second day of the event started 5 hours ago

In that case the start of the event is really stupid. If the day changes at midnight server time, the event should start at midnight server time too. If the event started at (I don't know, just sayin') 8am, the day should switch at 8am - so the game day has actually 24 hours no matter where you live. Especially on beta, which is played world-wide.
But, well, nothing surprises me anymore.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
In that case the start of the event is really stupid. If the day changes at midnight server time, the event should start at midnight server time too. If the event started at (I don't know, just sayin') 8am, the day should switch at 8am - so the game day has actually 24 hours no matter where you live. Especially on beta, which is played world-wide.
But, well, nothing surprises me anymore.

US servers typically have events start at 4:30 am eastern, but day change at midnight eastern. There's not that wide a gap, so noone much complains.

I think it's a beta thing that the first "day" of an event is routinely ~6 hours.

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
I can confirm the feeling of frustration and time wasted. I bought 3 big tool kits, used them up and just found 1 kit for the house of horrors (ok, I didn't count the pumpkins...). The new set isn't just that appealing.

vesgouo

Baronet
I can confirm the feeling of frustration and time wasted. I bought 3 big tool kits, used them up and just found 1 kit for the house of horrors (ok, I didn't count the pumpkins...). The new set isn't just that appealing.
The big star of the event is not the horror circus, but the horror house.
But the feeling of frustration is great when you spend everything you have (and a few more diamonds) and get only 2 or 3 pieces, even avoiding the lamps