• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Vs. Guild Improvements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

sirblu

Baronet
Please leave any feedback for Guild Vs. Guild Improvements here in this thread.
You can find all the details here.
Will someone please explain to me what exactly "Point Farming Profitability" is and how it works as I don't play in GVG much but I am trying to figure out what INNO is trying to fix here?
Thanks

1BFA

Viceroy
Will someone please explain to me what exactly "Point Farming Profitability" is and how it works as I don't play in GVG much but I am trying to figure out what INNO is trying to fix here?
Thanks

Some folks like to top the PVP towers, and best way to top PVP towers is to do lot of fights which GVG offers. So the more fights you can do better, in addition to that if you are fighting against champions you get more points. So some so called "point farmer" setup a tile full (8 sets )of champions or 1camp and 7 rouges and then they drop it and retake it. Thereby making a ton of points... Another aspect to this is more fights you do it also bumps your overall ranking points.

1BFA

Viceroy
Thank You Brute Force - so why is this a bad thing?

main thing probably is it is unfair to mobile players as they don't have access to GVG.

Also it is really candy fighting your own troops not really real troops.

sirblu

Baronet
Some folks like to top the PVP towers, and best way to top PVP towers is to do lot of fights which GVG offers. So the more fights you can do better, in addition to that if you are fighting against champions you get more points. So some so called "point farmer" setup a tile full (8 sets )of champions or 1camp and 7 rouges and then they drop it and retake it. Thereby making a ton of points... Another aspect to this is more fights you do it also bumps your overall ranking points.
Also, aren't Champions from the EMA? So why are they worth more points?

1BFA

Viceroy
Also, aren't Champions from the EMA? So why are they worth more points?

Champion is a special unit that is available in all ages and in each age killing a champion gives you more points then killing any other unit of that age. What folks are essentially doing is setting up a sector that they know what the army is and they have the attack power to beat it easily, thereby kindof farming points easily...

sirblu

Baronet
Champion is a special unit that is available in all ages and in each age killing a champion gives you more points then killing any other unit of that age. What folks are essentially doing is setting up a sector that they know what the army is and they have the attack power to beat it easily, thereby kindof farming points easily...
Ok, but if points are received when the owner/farmer releases the sector then how is INNO fixing this by replacing the units after the sector is released?
Would they not have to do that b-4 the sector is released?

So some so called "point farmer" setup a tile full (8 sets )of champions or 1camp and 7 rouges and then they drop it and retake it.
How do you fight/conquer a sector you already own?

1BFA

Viceroy
Ok, but if points are received when the owner/farmer releases the sector then how is INNO fixing this by replacing the units after the sector is released?
Would they not have to do that b-4 the sector is released?

So some so called "point farmer" setup a tile full (8 sets )of champions or 1camp and 7 rouges and then they drop it and retake it.
How do you fight/conquer a sector you already own?

Noo..

What the folks are doing is

1. Take a sector
2. Fill it with all (8 sets) champs or 1 champ 7r
3. Release the tile
4. After recalc take the tile back ...(this is when they are making points....see my first reply...fights = points, more points = more points...killing champs = even more points)
5. Go back to step 2

Inno's current fix.

In step 3, when someone releases a tile, game will replace the units with random units of that age*. In step 4 now it will be harder to take back the tile, also since he will NOT fighting all champs/1champ 7r he will end up getting less points.

* According the proposed change, in AA map when a tile is release it will replaced with the highest age troops (Which I guess now will be SAM troops)

Hope that is clear :)

Last edited:

sirblu

Baronet
Noo..

What the folks are doing is

1. Take a sector
2. Fill it with all (8 sets) champs or 1 champ 7r
3. Release the tile
4. After recalc take the tile back ...(this is when they are making points....see my first reply...fights = points, more points = more points...killing champs = even more points)
5. Go back to step 2

Inno's current fix.

In step 3, when someone releases a tile, game will replace the units with random units of that age*. In step 4 now it will be harder to take back the tile, also since he will NOT fighting all champs/1champ 7r he will end up getting less points.

* According the proposed change, in AA map when a tile is release it will replaced with the highest age troops (Which I guess now will be SAM troops)

Hope that is clear :)
GOT IT Thank you so much

Ok so let me see if I have this right:
1. I find a sector I know I can beat and I conquer it.
2. I then fill the 8 DA slots with Champs, Rogues or both.
3. I release the sector thereby opening it up to be re-conquered.
4. I reconquer the sector thereby "farming" the points for beating my own troops.

INNO is attempting to fix this by replacing my DA's after I release it and b-4 I can reconquer the sector.
In the AA map - they will be replaced by MARS units and therefore almost impossible to reconquer unless I have MARS Units

So INNO would have to insert a script(Programming) to replace all DA Units at each recalc and this will happen every 4 hours.

Do I have this correct now?

1BFA

Viceroy
GOT IT Thank you so much

Ok so let me see if I have this right:
1. I find a sector I know I can beat and I conquer it.
2. I then fill the 8 DA slots with Champs, Rogues or both.
3. I release the sector thereby opening it up to be re-conquered.
4. I reconquer the sector thereby "farming" the points for beating my own troops.

INNO is attempting to fix this by replacing my DA's after I release it and b-4 I can reconquer the sector.
In the AA map - they will be replaced by MARS units and therefore almost impossible to reconquer unless I have MARS Units

So INNO would have to insert a script(Programming) to replace all DA Units at each recalc and this will happen every 4 hours.

Do I have this correct now?

Almost... Yes.. At your step 3 as soon as you release, yeah inno will replace your DA with random DA. So it wont be every 4 hours...it will happen as soon as you release the tile.

DeletedUser10205

Everything is fine and for the better , except 4 hours fall of shield protection . For players all over the world and bugs , make it every 12 hours . twice a day is enough . why every so single ? suddenly from 24h to every 4 hours ?..!

1BFA

Viceroy
Everything is fine and for the better , except 4 hours fall of shield protection . For players all over the world and bugs , make it every 12 hours . twice a day is enough . why every so single ? suddenly from 24h to every 4 hours ?..!

Because the upcoming guild battlegrounds feature shield is also set for 4 hours, all calculations will be easy that way.l

Miepie

Baronet
if point farming is going to get abolished, what about the points that were farmed? those should be removed also then ;)

How? I very much doubt anybody can distinguish points gained from farming and points gained from ordinary fighting.

But this whole idea reminds me of that time when the recalculation time was moved to the morning. I'm suspecting this will be an even greater succes than that was! (Oh wait, that was turned back becouse it turned out to be a ridiculous idea. My advice, don't let it come to that this time and go back to the drawing board to come up with a better idea)

jovada

Regent
Like always the devs make improvements whitout knowing their game.
They will stop farming points, but are creating a new way of farming points, all landing sector will be freed every 4h if they are shielded and on the AA map the sector will be filled auto with SAM armies, so you can farm points by attacking all the landing sectors and never land, and start again 4 hours later

iPenguinPat

Squire
How? I very much doubt anybody can distinguish points gained from farming and points gained from ordinary fighting.

But this whole idea reminds me of that time when the recalculation time was moved to the morning. I'm suspecting this will be an even greater succes than that was! (Oh wait, that was turned back becouse it turned out to be a ridiculous idea. My advice, don't let it come to that this time and go back to the drawing board to come up with a better idea)

Wow, I wasn't around back then. Did that get tested on Beta, or did it go straight to the live servers? How long did it take for them to figure out it was a disaster? I can't imagine these changes sticking as written. At this point, I kind of hope they do keep them exactly as is because it'll show how abusable and poorly thought out these changes are.

A simple way to ease the load on the server/lag issues and allow for participation around the clock:
1) Rolling resets on unprotected tiles. (8 hr min. 12 or 24 would be reasonable too)
2) Add a cooldown on how quickly NPCs can be recaptured by the guild that dropped them. (start with maybe 1hr or 4hr. Will prevent guilds from self-bubbling their front line. and allow others to finally breach the front line.)
* With 4 hr reset, this time should be short to allow guilds to drop behind the front line to retreat/hold ground until reinforcements come. If longer resets, then 8hr or 12hr would work.

That would add strategy to -when- tiles are taken; it would make tiles become unprotected throughout the day/night instead of all at once. Boom, most of the issues there solved.

Farming is more complex to prevent/stop. Nerfing NPCs/R&R helps, and reducing battle points NPCs give could also slow the issue a little. No matter what, guilds can always just trade tiles, and there's no way to stop that without eliminating gvg all together. 4hr resets will just make it easier to farm more.

Getting guilds fighting and maps turning over instead of npc bubbling is probably the best way to reduce blatant farming.

qaccy

Emperor
If GvG battles awarded 0 points, all farming would be completely shut down. By far the simplest solution to prevent farming as there are no loopholes to exploit with it.

DeletedUser10205

Because the upcoming guild battlegrounds feature shield is also set for 4 hours, all calculations will be easy that way.l
is this a serious excuse now ? because of something we havent seen , to cause this mess at GvG every single 4 hours ? so if it was both every 12 hours , (or GvG 12h and this unknown Battlegrounds 4h), would be more difficult to calculate twice a day than 6 times per day ? and Battlegrounds we dont know how will be and if 4 hours is more interesting there . But GvG is not getting more interesting , but every single 4h ruins every serious effort one would do there . a complete mess and loss of any meaning . since gvg counts most to the ranking should be serious things there . twice a day is enough to cut in two the bugs of once a day , to satisfy any fighter all over the world and to a guild focus protecting twice a day . 6 times per day calculations and fall of shields and again from the beginning , is joke .

qaccy

Emperor
Why should most of the GVG players suffer due to some point farmers?

Because honestly, GvG should never have awarded player points in the first place. It's far too abusable even with alternative countermeasures to farming. Are you saying that you only participate in it because you get points out of it? What about doing it to benefit your guild? That's not enough?