• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

TARS

Merchant
That's the idea. I just checked my city. I can remove two pieces of road and get my SAJM boosts down to around 900/700. I'm already beyond 95 attrition today so I'll try to remember to give it a try after reset.
Ok, I'll also separate the buildings from the roads that I get close to 900/600% and try double wave fights around attrition 95.
Then we will see if the theory is correct :D
I think not but hope dies at last:p
I will give an update in the evening.

AllamHRK

Baronet
Ok, I'll also separate the buildings from the roads that I get close to 900/600% and try double wave fights around attrition 95.
Then we will see if the theory is correct :D
I think not but hope dies at last:p
I will give an update in the evening.
Forget it man, factor of 4.1? Serious?

Do these people lie and not even feel ashamed? What they don't do to boost their ego....

Want a realistic factor? 1.5

That is, to pass a 3.934% fight (1.967/1.967) you'll need something around 2.620% scaled as close to equilibrium as possible (1.310/.1310).

We can be more optimistic and consider a good margin of error of 0.5 with a factor of 2 at best. That is, you would need to have at least half of the opponent's attack power, in this case something around 2,000% (1,000/1,000).

My last test was a while ago, I had a maximum attrition of 136 (6080%).
Currently I have 2723/1837 on my live world, perhaps a couple more will go now.

So that does mean for the GE5 - I need 2.2/3.3 (by1967%) = 900/600%
ok, then I have estimated well:cool:

Thanks for the quick support:)

...and indeed, the previous ages are easier :eek:
However my "theory" seems to work, with 198/224 defense (by adding the 30% fortification), I managed to fight until castle n°77 which had 751/751 :

751 / 4.11 = 183% close to my 198.
4.11 being the ratio I get with my max attrition.
So. I put it to a test. SAJM city with regular boosts of 2639/1724 and a L123 AO and can manually fight to 128 attrition. I disconnected roads to bring the boosts down to 908/761 and auto-battled in GBG with 2 Harpoons/8 Rogues. I started losing units at 42 attrition and started losing battles at 60. I probably could have manually battled to 70 but put an end to the test. The ratio of attrition boost to player boost might work in FE but it doesn't seem to apply to SAJM. I may try again with boosts somewhere around 1500/1000 to see what happens. There's no way that 900/600 is going to handle SAJM GE80.

Last edited:

Kronan

Viceroy
@Pericles the Lion - seems like you're experiencing the "paying a curvilinear, higher-era penalty", which gets more painful the higher you go (and SAJM is at the top). It's the same penalty that becomes a game lesson early on, mostly in the Iron age, when people think the 3 war GBs all @ 10 (giving 30% A/D boost each = to 90 A/D% boost ) will do the trick for everything.

But the boost is a %, on the Iron Age warrior's small base values, so 90% doesn't do the trick at all. It takes hundreds of % to make IA warriors consistently effective.

I have a feeling the attempt to algorithmitize this will be harder and need much more investigation. I don't think it's linear.

But - it's a good start for you to get some data points on a math theory of what a representative curve of values/era - will take.

YOU have a perfect testbed (and the knowledge how to do this...) to test a few high boost % configs and see what they look like.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
The worst of Inno's omissions regarding this level 5 is that few players are able to do everything in combat only.
We all understood that we will need a few weeks to improve and get there.
Meanwhile, for those who finish, they must do so by negotiating which consumes a lot of goods but especially those of the previous era.
But we don't have, apart from the market which isn't very efficient or fast, any possibility of degrading by age the buildings that we have almost all upgraded because the game imposed it on us.
This is what saddens me, having more or less imposed on us to have special buildings of our age and henceforth imposing on us consumption of goods from the previous era.
Wouldn't there be, urgently, an action to be taken on the part of Inno in order to prevent that a majority of players (apart from those of the last age who have had a year to make substantial stocks) who make level 5 stop for lack of means?

Kono

Merchant
Does anyone know if statistics on GE scores by world are available somewhere? Would be interesting to know how many guilds participated in level 5 (by server and world).

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I personally have no need for it,
but introduction of a one down kit and a general downgrade kit as a daily special or something,
would not wreck the balance of the game, I suppose.
I am not affected by this problem but by discussing with you I hope to find a solution for my members who will inevitably be.
I had stupidly thought that a Star Gazer might be a solution, but its production, even at a high level, cannot cover the expenses of a week.

Kronan

Viceroy
@zookeepers - yes agree. A 1 DOWN kit might help those that moved higher with little thought. Not sure Inno's a fan of fixing those errors for people, but earning a 1-DOWN kit might make more people participate in the venues Inno's building now.

In the financial world, a BOND LADDER can be designed to migrate capital loss and interest-rate risk. It's a concept that should be investigated by each person playing this game for the same concept - but instead of yield and loss mitigation, it would focus on goods balancing for needs in the game for ERA of goods required to be successful in the game.

A bond ladder is a portfolio of individual CDs or bonds that mature on different dates and may have different interest profiles. This strategy is designed to provide current income while minimizing exposure to interest rate fluctuations. Instead of buying bonds that are scheduled to mature during the same year, you purchase CDs or bonds that mature at staggered future dates. Spreading out maturity dates can help prevent investors from trying to time the market. Staying disciplined and reinvesting the proceeds from maturing bonds can help investors to ride out interest rate fluctuations.

Most veteran player know to NOT reno or one-up kit all goods buildings as you move higher in level. This has taken on increased importance every year of the last 3 (mostly) as small requirements for previous age goods appeared in gameplay. As well, event buildings and even GBs sprang up to address this problem.

So now, it's extremely important to strategically plan for this in any modern gaming city. The best advice is:
1) Build a goods ladder in your city, embracing the concepts of a bond ladder you would use if you are an income trader/investor in the real world.
2) Don't Reno-kit or One-up kit all event buildings up to current era. Study what you will need for the venues and games you want to play in FoE. Then leave some buildings in the previous eras so you get constant generation (mostly goods required...) to support your game play style and requirements.
3) Plan your moves to higher eras carefully, as there are now important considerations for the goods laddering you've built, and how deep it has to go backward.

Stay efficient in your strategic planning. Don't get caught short for what you need each week, especially if you're going to try to play GE 5. It has an unforgiving set of requirements so study it, and plan forward for it.

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I personally have no need for it,
but introduction of a one down kit and a general downgrade kit as a daily special or something,
would not wreck the balance of the game, I suppose.
It has been proposed and forwarded but shot down by the devs. They claimed it to be counteracting the idea of Forge: advancing continuously. I feel it's outdated but maybe the new devs agreed with players and see a new item to sell.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I find it aberrant this refusal of the developers to demote when they UNNECESSARILY gave us the possibility of earning goods from the next age!
It is clear that they are not playing their game, because it is extremely easy with the market to exchange goods N for goods N+1 but almost impossible in the sense order, even at 1 for 1.

TARS

Merchant
So. I put it to a test. SAJM city with regular boosts of 2639/1724 and a L123 AO and can manually fight to 128 attrition. I disconnected roads to bring the boosts down to 908/761 and auto-battled in GBG with 2 Harpoons/8 Rogues. I started losing units at 42 attrition and started losing battles at 60. I probably could have manually battled to 70 but put an end to the test. The ratio of attrition boost to player boost might work in FE but it doesn't seem to apply to SAJM. I may try again with boosts somewhere around 1500/1000 to see what happens. There's no way that 900/600 is going to handle SAJM GE80.

I agree with you, I came to the same result. 60-70 attrition is possible but 95 no way!
It would have been too nice if you could have deduced that from the maximum attrition.
The main difference between FE and SAJM is probably that the hovertanks have stealthmodus and eliminate all of them one by one.
In SAJM all units have high ranges and usually hit right on the first attempt.
However, I will continue to test where the threshold is, I think 1000/1000 will be unfortunately realistic, but it is possible with the new buildings in the long run:)

I agree with you, I came to the same result. 60-70 attrition is possible but 95 no way!
It would have been too nice if you could have deduced that from the maximum attrition.
The main difference between FE and SAJM is probably that the hovertanks have stealthmodus and eliminate all of them one by one.
In SAJM all units have high ranges and usually hit right on the first attempt.
However, I will continue to test where the threshold is, I think 1000/1000 will be unfortunately realistic, but it is possible with the new buildings in the long run:)
I made another attempt. This time with 1491/1208. I could auto-battle to 90 and manual (barely) to 95. So, it looks like 900/750 will go to about GE74 and 1500/1200 will go to GE80 (with a L125 AO)

TARS

Merchant
I made another attempt. This time with 1491/1208. I could auto-battle to 90 and manual (barely) to 95. So, it looks like 900/750 will go to about GE74 and 1500/1200 will go to GE80 (with a L125 AO)
Oh thanks for testing :D Up to 74 it's actually ok, but up to 80 is pretty tough. Negotiating is sufficient as transitional solution:cool:

Someone earlier gave me the tip to take 8 fast units of being in SAM, so Sentinels. So many thanks for that tip ! It's one of the best units of SAM : it can't be attacked by Sniperbots (artillery) because of Skill "Flying" + (important !!) Fast units may start first !!
I could win encounters 65 till 75. Enc. 76 I've tried 3 times without success. Even with building 2 Fortifications (1: +80% att+def ; 2: all units of enemy get -1 health point - infiltration) + taking defending potions till my def is 780% ,enemy with 776% att+def.
My DA boost at enc 76 (Fortifications and def potions included!): 542 / 780 . < versus > 776% [ difference in attack : 776 - 542 = 234% ]

Conclusion :
1) not a bad improvement comparing with my ver first try were I only could win the first 2 enc, 65 & 66. (I had by that first try 143 att/ 239 def + Fortif.)
2) I can, of course, stack way more defending potions, but then they will be gone fast !
3) It's crystal clear for me that I certainly need a lot more attack boost for DA ! (My SBC & DC give me a total of 78% att + def, so all that can help I use!)
4) I probably need to bring my AO also higher (now Arctic Orangery is L71) ? My Kraken also helped me in a few battles (Kraken L71).

I also "tested" in the past how far I could go in GBG (attrition) and found out ca the same problem :
around 220 a 235% difference in attack boost it's becoming crazy ! I saw a few times that higher attack boost of enemy killed a unit with 1 strike (a Steel Warden (H) with Keen Eye & having a bonus for Fast !)
I always first tried to take out the Steel Wardens at the start of the battle, sure because IF they go on Rocks (and they do because the SAM-battleground map contains mostly a lot of rock fields!), their att+def is even higher !

At first I've tried with 4 Fast + 4 rogues, but I experienced it's sure better to use simply 8 Fast (Sentinels) !
The AI of enemy at GE5 seems to try always taking out FIRST my real units ! All 11 battles I won I only lost 3 rogues and all other lost units are Sentinels (total of ca 30 units killed).

Last edited:

TARS

Merchant
Someone earlier gave me the tip to take 8 fast units of being in SAM, so Sentinels. So many thanks for that tip ! It's one of the best units of SAM : it can't be attacked by Sniperbots (artillery) because of Skill "Flying" + (important !!) Fast units may start first !!
I could win encounters 65 till 75. Enc. 76 I've tried 3 times without success. Even with building 2 Fortifications (1: +80% att+def ; 2: all units of enemy get -1 health point - infiltration) + taking defending potions till my def is 780% ,enemy with 776% att+def.
My DA boost at enc 76 (Fortifications and def potions included!): 542 / 780 . < versus > 776% [ difference in attack : 776 - 542 = 234% ]

Conclusion :
1) not a bad improvement comparing with my ver first try were I only could win the first 2 enc, 65 & 66. (I had by that first try 143 att/ 239 def + Fortif.)
2) I can, of course, stack way more defending potions, but then they will be gone fast !
3) It's crystal clear for me that I certainly need a lot more attack boost for DA ! (My SBC & DC give me a total of 78% att + def, so all that can help I use!)
4) I probably need to bring my AO also higher (now Arctic Orangery is L71) ? My Kraken also helped me in a few battles (Kraken L71).

I also "tested" in the past how far I could go in GBG (attrition) and found out ca the same problem :
around 220 a 235% difference in attack boost it's becoming crazy ! I saw a few times that higher attack boost of enemy killed a unit with 1 strike (a Steel Warden (H) with Keen Eye & having a bonus for Fast !)
I always first tried to take out the Steel Wardens at the start of the battle, sure because IF they go on Rocks (and they do because the SAM-battleground map contains mostly a lot of rock fields!), their att+def is even higher !

At first I've tried with 4 Fast + 4 rogues, but I experienced it's sure better to use simply 8 Fast (Sentinels) !
The AI of enemy at GE5 seems to try always taking out FIRST my real units ! All 11 battles I won I only lost 3 rogues and all other lost units are Sentinels (total of ca 30 units killed).
Mars has been my favorite age :) Fast units must always remain compact, so better always send 8. The sentinels were so cool, you could fight with them very fast, also cool was the attack helicopters in the CE.
I think the worst age for the GE5 is SAJM, I wished I could return to Mars:cool: ... and probably will be even harder on Titan, but I hope not because with the Keen Eye it is already disproportionately hard to the other ageso_O

El-Empecinado

Merchant
Good morning.
I think after 88 pages of beta messages, most negatively criticizing the changes, especially the prizes at all levels.
As well as in the various national servers, Inno is not going to modify anything.
Well, this is at least what suggests the amount of San Basilio and Deal that is being built.
People have already accepted it. We look like lambs on the way to the slaughterhouse, we bellow a lot, but we don't turn around, we continue and continue to slaughter.

Good morning.
I think after 88 pages of beta messages, most negatively criticizing the changes, especially the prizes at all levels.
As well as in the various national servers, Inno is not going to modify anything.
Well, this is at least what suggests the amount of San Basilio and Deal that is being built.
People have already accepted it. We look like lambs on the way to the slaughterhouse, we bellow a lot, but we don't turn around, we continue and continue to slaughter.
An interesting choice of metaphors. I would have said that we look like "explorers" or even "pioneers". The game is evolving, the "cheese" has moved.