• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

jovada

Regent
@DEADP00L

You forgot that i mentioned that a new world can never compete with with other worlds in GE ( No guildtreasury, not enough att/def and goods individual) so where is the challenge if you encounter guilds from new world.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
You forgot that i mentioned that a new world can never compete with with other worlds in GE ( No guildtreasury, not enough att/def and goods individual) so where is the challenge if you encounter guilds from new world.
Generally I meet 6 to 7 other guilds and never all of them from a recent world.
Old system or new, this problem has always existed but I have never seen anyone report it.
So with all due respect to your often thoughtful interventions, this is more of an inappropriate excuse.
As Emmanuel Pinda said: "If you want to do something, either you find a way or you find excuses."

No idea what question you are answering, but not the one I posted above. "Why you keep downplaying the AD nerf due to GE1-4?"

One cannot get the same selling the kit that they could selling the building they used to get before. I LOVE that the junk was removed, so no idea how addressing that answers my question.

But now in order to get the same AD compensation I used to get for a building I received from GE I'd have to generate it from a kit then place it in my city, use a store building thing, and then sell it to the AD in order to get original value for it. That's the nerf I'm talking about.

Personally I can't stand fragments, but that wasn't what I was asking.
For example, a GE Level 1 selection kit (containing the choice of a Face of the Ancient, a Gate of the Sun God, or their respective upgrade kits) sells for 680 in the AD. More than the 410 offered for the GoSG or FoA but less than the 1,080 offered for the upgrade kits. What's easy to overlook is that players won a heck of a lot more of the regular buildings than the upgrade kits. Right now, I have 36 FoAs and 12 GoSGs in inventory but none of their upgrade kits. I can't remember selling the upgrades in the AD but I sell the regular buildings frequently. I can't say for certain, but my guess is that the earnings from selling the kits will be the same as selling the regular items was before the changes to GE.

jovada

Regent
Generally I meet 6 to 7 other guilds and never all of them from a recent world
On the Dutch server there are only 7 worlds , so every week there is a big chance to encounter one from the new world

And viewing from the new world you always encounter guilds stronger then you from the other worlds

Last edited:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I understand better then your intervention.
On the FR and DE servers, there are 23 worlds each.
So in the end you are right, we do not share the same type of experience.

Innogames let's go launches two more levels in the forest in the guild expedition with the defending armies.I want it to be rebalanced and put in a building that gives only attack and defense for the defending army and that is permanent. Because these fragments will take at least 6 months to have A simple building. So I support creating two more levels in the expedition focused on the defending army and the third level being on an icy mountain like the Himalayas where you challenge both armies Attack and defense for the attacking and defending armies and so create 120 guild expedition fights and 8 levels. With a building giving Attack and Defense to the defending army and its fragments that can't stay out or a build who gives advanced tactics. I want to see more challenges like this. With this also increase the level of Guild Power to level 150.Giving these new levels. Advanced tactics (50%) giving 10% for every 10 levels reached.

Last edited:
Innogames let's go launches two more levels in the forest in the guild expedition with the defending armies.I want it to be rebalanced and put in a building that gives only attack and defense for the defending army and that is permanent. Because these fragments will take at least 6 months to have A simple building. So I support creating two more levels in the expedition focused on the defending army and the third level being on an icy mountain like the Himalayas where you challenge both armies Attack and defense for the attacking and defending armies and so create 120 guild expedition fights and 8 levels. With a building giving Attack and Defense to the defending army and its fragments that can't stay out or a build who gives advanced tactics. I want to see more challenges like this. With this also increase the level of Guild Power to level 150.Giving these new levels. Advanced tactics (50%) giving 10% for every 10 levels reached.
How about they just change the challenge castles to a minigame that makes you use your brain like the aztecs minesweeper game or egyptian fights with alternate units that can only survive the jungles and doesn't have any bonus.

CrashBoom

Legend
COME ON INNO REACT NOW AND ADAPT THIS TO SOMETHING OF INTEREST or we will STOP DOING EG !!
come on Inno change the % or I will negotiate level 5 forever o_O

No one have a youth fountain anymore
I won 2 yesterday with my ToR in my main world
directly sold them to the dealer

dealer.jpg
there are 2 more small things on the right (7 dealer slots) if someone is calculating and think the result would be a little bit too high

CrashBoom

Legend
Have a lose of more than 4000 diamonds per year from GE due the changes is enough to ask for the old rewards of level 1 to 4.
actually: you don't lose those diamonds
you just don't win them anymore

:rolleyes:

and for people who don't understand the difference between: lose / don't win
let's say I have 1000 €
if I lose 100 € then I would have 900 €
if I don't win 100 € then I still have 1000 €

GwenGwen

Merchant
and for people who don't understand the difference between: lose / don't win
let's say I have 1000 €
if I lose 100 € then I would have 900 €
if I don't win 100 € then I still have 1000 €
This is how currencies die when you can no longer lose them because you can no longer win them. A bit like the old currencies of Europe replaced by the euro. They belong to the antiquarian now.

because I don't find that we lose in the first 4 levels of the GE!
I made a comparison table, before and after, it is clear that we lost the victory towers, the medal packs, gold and furnitures, and fountain (understandable as for the diamonds) but we have enormously gained in Goods, FP and troops.
With all due respect Deadpool, but you forget to mention before we had a big chance to win a Cultural Building, a House, a Production building, a decoration, even one that you "normally" need to buy with Diamonds ! I liked that because if you just going up an Era, winning a brand new building of your new reached Era is kinda fun !
That the victory towers and medal packs disappeared is not that big to complain about ... although I clearly remember how happy I was as a beginner to win medals ...but to be honest, also Events can give a lot of medals and investing in GB's of course ... but in the beginning all is more than welcome !
(and I can say I've started a "New Game" in FoE more than 10 times - but also deleted a lot afterwards after a certain time ... LOL !)

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
but you forget to mention before we had a big chance to win a Cultural Building, a House, a Production building, a decoration, even one that you "normally" need to buy with Diamonds !
So maybe my vision is distorted but it was only buildings that were systematically sold, even at the beginning of the era.
Few are those who ask them especially that some need a double road and that the quests generally require either age or a little more than the previous age.

For the victory towers that you think the newcomers enjoyed, I think that was very bad information given by Inno.
You earn much more by contributing on GB rather than with victory towers, even level 2. And any beginner especially needs GB plans that he will never have with these towers.
It is therefore for me a bad habit / information to give to any beginner.

And what about the beginner who was doing the first 2 levels of GE who used to be able to win an kit face improvement every week without having a face? Now with the fragments, he will be able to manage his winnings according to his needs and more according to a randomness which can be very unfavorable.
Any mechanism that removes randomness is a real breakthrough for me.
On the FR forum, we regularly compare incidents that bring in event "money". It is very common for several of us to win a hundred, while over the same period, some players (very often the same ones) will win 100 times more. It's not fair when there is competition with a league that often grants an extra building kit. In short, I prefer fewer but more predictable gains to finally establish a long-term strategy and not subject to randomness.
Especially since the general randomness is balanced on the mass of players but not on the duration of the same player.

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Completely agree regarding the attack boosts the enemy "attacker" has. However, negotiations (while boring for many or "to" time consuming) become a much preferred method thanks to the huge production from the colony. Easy to get 900 goods a day from there -> 6300/wk. Couple that with several event buildings focused on attack with current and previous age goods and that becomes the easier route without having to give up any city space for city defense stats.

Still think attacking with defense boosts is ridiculous.
I'm well aware that traders getting significantly buffed by colonies. While fighters getting massively punished for entering the space ages. I think the escalating leen eye ability could be exploited though. By investing heavier in defence% for attacking armies. While allowing keen eye compensating the lower att%. As defence% could counteract keen eye. Ironically this can be faster achieved in GE5. Though I haven't tested this yet. As it to work I estimate keen eye have to escalate to app. 50-60% to be reliable enough to exploit the skill.
Another approach for the space ages I consider is much like you've described. Personally I call it a opportunity fighter playstyle. Having more balanced military buffs and fighting when convenient but leaning heavier towards neg.

That been said, I feel it's still overall a shameful skill. Serving no other purpose than causing extra damage in the hopes of higher diamond spending on healing/reviving. As someone else also said, it takes a skill slot. Effectively blocking new and interesting skill combinations. On top that it makes space ages really undesirable for some. As it means dealing with keen eye while fighting. Particularly putting space age players ad a disadvantage in GE5 if they like to fight. While buffing negotiations for them.

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
Is @Juber get paid to remain silent to 1mo & 84 pages of complaints ?
There was an announcement after the first week: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...on-guild-expedition-level-5-difficulty.16119/
There were balancing changes due to player feedback: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...vel-5-difficulty-and-level-1-4-rewards.16151/

This thread is not a discussion, it is for feedback to be gathered and forwarded.
And the feature has been released to all worlds for over a week now, so the feedback will be gathered mostly there.