• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

GwenGwen

Merchant
Hello everybody, I'm french so mainly I read the french sites.

About the forgotten Temple:
I read "To assemble the Forgotten Temple, you will need shards which you can earn from every large encounter on the map (every 4 encounters). The number of shards you can earn will increase towards the end of the expedition. If you still complete the Guild Expedition at level 5, you can receive a new Forgotten Temple after those 28 days."

I read 'To assemble the Forgotten Temple, you will need shards which you can earn from every large encounter on the map (every 4 encounters). The number of shards you can earn will increase towards the end of the expedition. If you complete Level 5 of the Guild Expedition, you will be able to build the Forgotten Temple every time."

Which is very different, a minimum week versus 28 days!!!!!
What is the exact version and why different versions are running on the web on official and/or trustworthy sites. ?

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Winning because others don’t play…not sure it is something to be proud of ;)
When you don't play in GbG, it's because inno has allowed that systematically in the diamond league, there are only 2 very strong guilds with 6 who will be spectators for 2 weeks.
When we're not playing GvG, it's because 95% of my members are playing from a tablet.

So when some people boycott GE and we win, we haven't done anything against them and Inno allows us to fight against each other on equal terms. I'm not going to sympathize because players can't do the new challenge, they even refuse to try to change their city or their management to improve and they restrict themselves to coming to cry on the forum.

I repeat it in case you haven't seen my previous message ever in FUT, with 94/124% blue, with a very high orangery, the use of the kraken at the right time and a return to basics by fighting in manual, without potion, I fight until 11/16 on level 5. I'm not saying that the remaining 5 encounters will be easy to overcome but it remains a good challenge for the months to come.

Comment of one of my guildmate, "what is the interest of doing the EG3 to get 50 fragments/800 of reduction of youth fountain at the end".
No one have a youth fountain anymore, what the fuzz about geting 50/800 of a trick to reduce it !!!!

COME ON INNO REACT NOW AND ADAPT THIS TO SOMETHING OF INTEREST or we will STOP DOING EG !!
Lots of players have Wishing Wells and Fountains of Youth in their city.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
What is the exact version and why different versions are running on the web on official and/or trustworthy sites. ?
This one :
https://forum.fr.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/changements-apport%C3%A9s-%C3%A0-lexp%C3%A9dition-de-guilde.136637/ I read "To assemble the Forgotten Temple, you will need shards which you can earn from every large encounter on the map (every 4 encounters). The number of shards you can earn will increase towards the end of the expedition. If you still complete the Guild Expedition at level 5, you can receive a new Forgotten Temple after those 28 days."
If you do the full level 5 every week after 28 days you will have enough fragments for the complete forgotten temple which will remain for 28 days, the time to regain enough fragments to replace it with a new one.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I kinda agree with this. The reason I don't particularly like Keen Eye isn't so much for its effect on battles, but because units are limited to only two abilities (apparently) and with Keen Eye getting a permanent spot now, that means each new age of units is basically forced to be a copy of the last because there's no room for new or interesting combinations anymore. No Stealth with Reactive Armor, no Contact! with Rapid Deployment, none of the stuff that made each new age really feel different when it came to combat.

Now it's just every fast unit has Flying, and then each other unit gets one randomly assigned ability out of Blast, Stealth, Reactive Armor, Force Field, Contact! and Heat. Makes it kinda boring to me on a fundamental level.
I think Keen Eye was interesting for Mars. And probably fine that it repeated in asteroid belt. But by now it's past time to come up with a new "ability of the age" of sufficient magnitude to change the flavor of combat again (i.e. without us just using our old Keen Eye units).

I don't think it's an especially big problem that units are limited to 1 ability - typically it's 1 ability that defines the unit anyways (i.e. other than the hover tank, which unit do you feel needs *both* abilities to be good - or is one ability good, and the other one just some + stats in the right situation that doesn't scale with boost). Are gliders a more interesting Flyer because they have Swarm? Not really, they have poor defense and it's just a flat bonus anyways, you basically are best off ignoring it exists.

I also disagree strongly with the notion that Keen Eye favors the AI (not that you stated that, but it seems to be a common objection). Keen Eye allows the weaker side to reach a bit further. And as the player has control of the unit matchups (usually), I find it favors the player more often than not.

I also think it's time for some new abilities in general (beyond just changing the "flavor of the age"). Other than Keen Eye, Oceanic Future was the last time they tried making new unit abilities. (Incidentally at least 1 of those abilities, Frenzy, deserves another kick at the can on a unit that can more ably get into position to use it - it's so neat, but an Octopod is so slow that it's unlikely to be in position to use it before the fight is effectively over).

esoterism

Squire
I repeat it in case you haven't seen my previous message ever in FUT, with 94/124% blue, with a very high orangery, the use of the kraken at the right time and a return to basics by fighting in manual, without potion, I fight until 11/16 on level 5. I'm not saying that the remaining 5 encounters will be easy to overcome but it remains a good challenge for the months to come.
Even if this true, the issue is that before doing that you have done 4 level of EG where you only win crap fragment of combo stufff esotericly called 1, 2, 3 and 4 !!! that goes directly into the trash bin.! That is PATHETIC INNO !!!! REACT INNO and ADAPT IT to somethig CLEVER !!!

How can I be happy to win "20 fragments of Selection Pack Guild Expediction Pack Level 4", that is totally ridiculous. I would even prefer wiinning nothing instead of that crap.

Last edited:
Even if this true, the issue is that before doing that you have done 4 level of EG where you only win crap fragment of combo stufff esotericly called 1, 2, 3 and 4 !!! that goes directly into the trash bin.! That is PATHETIC INNO !!!! REACT INNO and ADAPT IT to somethig CLEVER !!!

How can I be happy to win "20 fragments of Selection Pack Guild Expediction Pack Level 4", that is totally ridiculous. I would even prefer wiinning nothing instead of that crap.
But, if you complete L4, the fragments are sufficient to assemble a complete item. Last week, I won a Face of the Ancient, a Ritual Flame, a Terrace Farm, and a Tribal Square. About the same as before. All went to the AD, just as before. I only collected 60 diamonds (down from an average of 162 before) which is a pain but I'll live with it. I didn't keep track but I think that I collected more coins/supplies/FPs than before - not that I need them. For me, L1-L4 was a bore and still is. L5 is an exciting new challenge to overcome.

esoterism

Squire
But, if you complete L4, the fragments are sufficient to assemble a complete item. Last week, I won a Face of the Ancient, a Ritual Flame, a Terrace Farm, and a Tribal Square. About the same as before. All went to the AD, just as before. I only collected 60 diamonds (down from an average of 162 before) which is a pain but I'll live with it. I didn't keep track but I think that I collected more coins/supplies/FPs than before - not that I need them. For me, L1-L4 was a bore and still is. L5 is an exciting new challenge to overcome.
Explain it to my guildmate that find it ridiculous and refuse to do EG, because it became crap.
It it is the same revert to previous version.

I do want to play Forge of Empires, not to Fragments of an Empire.

Last edited:

mcbluefire

Baronet
Space ages are imo the worse to be in for GE5. Simple because of keen eye but also the higher hostile buffs encountered in GE5.

Completely agree regarding the attack boosts the enemy "attacker" has. However, negotiations (while boring for many or "to" time consuming) become a much preferred method thanks to the huge production from the colony. Easy to get 900 goods a day from there -> 6300/wk. Couple that with several event buildings focused on attack with current and previous age goods and that becomes the easier route without having to give up any city space for city defense stats.

Still think attacking with defense boosts is ridiculous.

Last edited:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator

Before I had on certain encounters a 25% chance of winning a victory tower, 25% of winning a ritual flame, 25% of winning a ritual flame improvement and 25% of winning medals.
There I have a 1/4 fragment of having a kit that will let me choose what I need that won't be the same as another player.
In this sense the fragments do not decrease the gain, but make it more targeted at my request.
On the other hand, when you already have too much, nothing can satisfy such a player, he can only complain without understanding that by giving too much, you get tired of a game more quickly.

In all objectivity, did you identify what you earned before the update of the first 4 levels of the GE and the earnings afterwards?
Other than diamonds, which we are all aware of, what reward was better before?
What do you think the fragments caused us to lose?

And please don't talk to me about the items that you quickly resell at the antique dealer when you must be overflowing with antique pieces because the interesting offers are so rare.

mcbluefire

Baronet
@DEADP00L Why you keep downplaying the AD nerf due to GE1-4? Yeah, they weren't amazing offers, but every little last building going through gives you more buying power in the system, right?

It's not the big offers that bring in the millions of trade coins and the thousands of gemstones, it's the thousands of daily trades with the little buildings we used to get from GE every week. Granted we'll still get direct sell crap from TOR prizes.

It was a nerf to that ability and that's a valid complaint...no use telling people it's not a thing.

Out of curiosity what's your trade coins/gems at on your main world? 6.3M/4.4K here. Yeah, I buy stuff and occasionally join in a bid war.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Why you keep downplaying the AD nerf due to GE1-4?
because I don't find that we lose in the first 4 levels of the GE!
I made a comparison table, before and after, it is clear that we lost the victory towers, the medal packs, gold and furnitures, and fountain (understandable as for the diamonds) but we have enormously gained in Goods, FP and troops.
Even the fragments, so decried, seem to me more pleasant.
I can choose each week between placing an Elder Face or Elder Face Upgrade Kit or Sun Gate or Sun Gate Upgrade Kit. Whereas before I could earn one of these upgrades every week with the random instead of the faces of the elders that serve me during the events.
And for any player who made the 4 levels, he is certain to win 100/100 of the fragments of the kit level 1, 2 and 3.
Example if you are against the fragments, instead of winning 10 in the 4th encounter + 15 in the 8th + 25 in the 12th + 50 in the 61st (that is a total of 100) you would have screamed less if there was no had nothing at the 4th, 8th and 12th meeting to have a complete kit at the 61st?
Be serious !
Instead of complaining without analyzing, it would be more useful to make a real comparison before / after instead of crying without understanding. (I'm not saying this for you)

mcbluefire

Baronet
Worst part of this crumbling Forgotten Temple, is that you have to complete GE lvl V every week once you get hooked.. Take a vacation, miss a week, and you're behind again.. 28 days \ 4 weeks is a little too tight !..
Yeah, but really is 20% more FP collection per day really addictive (not really 20% since it doesn't boost a building with less than 3FP production)? Not saying it's not nice and all, but for me even at 200 more per day I can definitely find different avenues to bring that in with much less cost.

The 40% attack boost and 50% defense boost are great per square - but same question .... are they worth the cost? Not in my opinion...but then I'm doing GE80 every week for now anyway....cause why not?

deralyan

Farmer
Hands-down, the stupidest "update" to ever hit Inno. You've made it completely unattractive to the "young" players because you've taken away the rewards that help them progress. You've removed diamonds and medals, both things that "older" players are looking for.
My beta guild is refusing to do L5.
GE has now been rendered so unattractive that it's not worth doing for any level of player. I was already fighting boredom but nerfing the diamonds has made it so that it's going to take that much longer to pick up expansions. This is probably a game-killer for me.

I feel like you took all of our complaints about GE and somehow, mind-bogglingly so, you've managed to make it WORSE. Roll it back. It was light-years better before.

mcbluefire

Baronet
because I don't find that we lose in the first 4 levels of the GE!
I made a comparison table, before and after, it is clear that we lost the victory towers, the medal packs, gold and furnitures, and fountain (understandable as for the diamonds) but we have enormously gained in Goods, FP and troops.
Even the fragments, so decried, seem to me more pleasant.
I can choose each week between placing an Elder Face or Elder Face Upgrade Kit or Sun Gate or Sun Gate Upgrade Kit. Whereas before I could earn one of these upgrades every week with the random instead of the faces of the elders that serve me during the events.
And for any player who made the 4 levels, he is certain to win 100/100 of the fragments of the kit level 1, 2 and 3.
Example if you are against the fragments, instead of winning 10 in the 4th encounter + 15 in the 8th + 25 in the 12th + 50 in the 61st (that is a total of 100) you would have screamed less if there was no had nothing at the 4th, 8th and 12th meeting to have a complete kit at the 61st?
Be serious !
Instead of complaining without analyzing, it would be more useful to make a real comparison before / after instead of crying without understanding. (I'm not saying this for you)

No idea what question you are answering, but not the one I posted above. "Why you keep downplaying the AD nerf due to GE1-4?"

One cannot get the same selling the kit that they could selling the building they used to get before. I LOVE that the junk was removed, so no idea how addressing that answers my question.

But now in order to get the same AD compensation I used to get for a building I received from GE I'd have to generate it from a kit then place it in my city, use a store building thing, and then sell it to the AD in order to get original value for it. That's the nerf I'm talking about.

Personally I can't stand fragments, but that wasn't what I was asking.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Sorry, I didn't understand what you called nerf in that sense.
Indeed you are losing by selling a kit and even more by asking the building then storing it before reselling it.
But not only does this remain fair because everyone is in the same situation, no one will win more than you to outbid the antique dealer, but I think that like any thoughtful player and with the few truly interesting offers that are offered daily, you must be overflowing with antique coins and gems. So what's the point of having more so that it sleeps in your stocks?

I love the fragments of the level 1 to 4 kits, I'm sure to get THE building I want each week rather than relying on randomness which tires me out on a management game.

Even the fragments of the forgotten temple seem interesting to me but I will have pushed to the extreme.
The first kit of 100 fragments to put the buildings on 28 days of use, then a kit of 25 fragments each week extending the life of the temple by one week.
So it does not change much, except the possibility of anticipating a week of absence and would avoid removing a building that has become decorative to rest the same one.

TARS

Merchant
Keen eye was the reason why I upgraded my defense values for the attacking army.
Attacking alone doesn't work properly when you change to Mars, and it gets worse with each change to the next age.
My AO is currently level 136, which means more than 40% critical hits. That helped me in GE5, but there is a point where even that doesn't help anymore because the city defense still has too less attack power.
I'm in the last age and values on the last platforms are pretty strong.

So you need space for attack/defense of the attacking army. And the same for the city defense. But space is limited in the city and you have to make a compromise. This is probably what Inno wants in GE5. Balancing in the Game.

mcbluefire

Baronet
I love the fragments of the level 1 to 4 kits, I'm sure to get THE building I want each week rather than relying on randomness which tires me out on a management game.

I like the reduction of RNG, absolutely agree there. If they'd just make the kit to where the upgrade or building could be spawned to inventory as well as city then I'd be happy with GE1-4 except for the 50% diamond nerf.

While the forgotten temple is okay, I don't find it exciting even though I'm already doing GE5 every week. I might do like someone suggested and save up 3 of them and get 60% boost for a month as that will affect even 1FP buildings....but then I don't think I have any buildings that produce less than three anymore...so who knows when/if I'll use it? LOL

Explain it to my guildmate that find it ridiculous and refuse to do EG, because it became crap.
It it is the same revert to previous version.

I do want to play Forge of Empires, not to Fragments of an Empire.
I'll pass on your invitation. Even with the reduced rewards I enjoy GE and will continue to play it. You, and your guildmates, can exercise free will and do as you please. It won't affect me one way or the other.