• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
The skill Keen Eye : IF you got lucky your units using it often in a battle, nice, but even then, with a Keen Eye strike, the defense of enemy is higher, it do not that big damage, probably because my attack boost is too low(?)...
IF you're unlucky, the enemy units Keen Eye strike is killing unit after unit in max 2 turns !!
Keen Eye is nice skill, but the "luck factor" is a bit overwhelming the strategy factor !! That would be (almost) gone if my boost is at least the same as the enemy boost. ;)
I am voluntarily stagnating in the FUTURE (…), without Keen Eye, which turns any fight into a lottery.
The entire keen eye nonsense is the main reason why I regard OF as the highest age available at the moment. Keen eye does not add anything of value but frustrating defeats due to unreasonable high chances of receiving massive amounts of additional damage. This makes in itself every space age up with escalating keen eye worse than the former.
Anyways personally I think the best ages for GE5 are:
Industrial age (with hover tanks + OF artillery)
FE (hover tanks for obvious reasons)
AF (battle fortresses’ impenetrable armour effectively nullify any hostile att%)
OF (good units pool to choose from)

The strongest perks of FE, AF and OF are good units pool and AO support. Industrial age can enjoy very advanced units advantage. Space ages are imo the worse to be in for GE5. Simple because of keen eye but also the higher hostile buffs encountered in GE5.
8 sentinals take everything out till quite high att, manual fight picking the opponents off in order
Curious how they’ll do against 4 steel wardens. My experience with those is that they’re exceptionally difficult to take down. Due to force field and strong defensive specs.

Sinitar

Regent
And may I ask in which Age do you fight? And : do you fight with units of the same Age ?
I'm in SAM :
I've tried in GE 5 the 3 first encounters, manually(!) and could win the first 2, but not the 3rd, which was opponent with 378% att+def and I had 248% att & 422% defense.
I've tried 5 or 6 times manually and with different combo's, but with no success... !
I can say I've learned many about manual battles from different experienced players in FoE between 2016 and now...
The skill Keen Eye : IF you got lucky your units using it often in a battle, nice, but even then, with a Keen Eye strike, the defense of enemy is higher, it do not that big damage, probably because my attack boost is too low(?)...
IF you're unlucky, the enemy units Keen Eye strike is killing unit after unit in max 2 turns !!
Keen Eye is nice skill, but the "luck factor" is a bit overwhelming the strategy factor !! That would be (almost) gone if my boost is at least the same as the enemy boost. ;)
In saab with 335att/755def + fortifications I was able to fight 13/16 encounters so @DEADP00L has right
Some of there I should use sentinels than nail storm/belt
I can share which units I used last week
1# 2 nail storm + 6 rogues
2# 4 belt + 4 rogues
3# 4 belt + 4 rogues
4# 2 nail storm + 2 belt + 4 rogues
5# 4 belt + 4 rogues
6# 2 sentinels + 6 rogues
7# 2 sentinels + 6 rogues
8# 2 nail storm + 2 belt + 4 rogues
9# 4 belt + 4 rogues
10# 4 belt + 2 nail storm + 2 rogues
11# 4 belt + 2 nail storm + 2 rogues
12#4 belt + 4 rogues
13# 4 belt + 1 nail storm + 3 rogues

Last edited:

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Small note:
When we attack we only have 8 units to face 2 waves, the second being without injuries.

Why when we defend it is not the opposite?
We should be entitled to 2 waves of defense, the second intervening if the first is destroyed, and face a single attacking army .....

That would make that stupid "defend" button make sense...

Small note:
When we attack we only have 8 units to face 2 waves, the second being without injuries.

Why when we defend it is not the opposite?
We should be entitled to 2 waves of defense, the second intervening if the first is destroyed, and face a single attacking army .....

That would make that stupid "defend" button make sense...
Probably because we are not really "defending". We're attacking using defender army boosts instead of attacking army boosts.

clown X

Merchant
we are the No1 guild in Greifental and i noticed the interest of the people is close to Zero - the leaders don*t care about the GEX at all - so why should anyone play GEX - waste of time

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Among the players on the FR server who are not against the change of game with level 5, two remarks come up regularly (in addition to reviewing the blue % which are still too substantial):
- the duration of blue shield bonuses in the tavern (24 or 48 or 72h)
- the lack of a "blue swords" bonus in this same tavern.

Inno hasn't thought of it or is it under study?

we are the No1 guild in Greifental and i noticed the interest of the people is close to Zero - the leaders don*t care about the GEX at all - so why should anyone play GEX - waste of time
Opinions vary. Some think it's a waste of time. Nothing new. Some also think the PvP, GBG, GvG, Settlements, etc., are wastes of time. Others don't. We get to choose the aspects of the game that we want to play and are free to ignore others. Personally, I plan on playing Level 5. My Guild's leadership has embraced it. If they didn't, I would find a new guild.

Beta567

Baronet
Some players like GvG (not only for the ranking) and would quit the game if GvG were removed.
I don't think anyone would quit the game if GE were removed, instead.
Why?
1. GvG is only available on PC.
2. "some players" which means not even 20% I think maybe 10%?
3. There is a good point above. People "like" it as long as it brings guild points. I'm pretty sure that percentage of people who really like the feature itself closer to 1% maybe.

jovada

Regent
The boycotters will have to get used to not finishing 1st in GE.
The right question will be to see if they maintain their boycott when they are second in GE Or if they will admit that they finished second because of their boycott, not that the first will have been better. ^^
Are you still looking to be first or second ? Who cares ? GbG give far more guildpoints , and the gold or silver or bronze medals in that ranking mean nothing. Example a new world that opens can never compete the first months with guilds from other worlds.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Some players like GvG (not only for the ranking) and would quit the game if GvG were removed.
I don't think anyone would quit the game if GE were removed, instead.
There'd be some quits over GE's removal. Probably at least as many as GvG. While it's less of a sole-focus, it does have *many* more participants.

But notably, the vast majority would probably not care that much about either's removal :p However casual you *think* the average player is, it's probably more serious than they actually are. Look at the bottom of your hood sometime and imagine what the gameplay is for them (and also note that if it's in a higher age this is still not remotely representative because most people never make it that far).

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Are you still looking to be first or second ? Who cares ? GbG give far more guildpoints , and the gold or silver or bronze medals in that ranking mean nothing. Example a new world that opens can never compete the first months with guilds from other worlds.
Yes, we always seek to be first in EG, because it is the only challenge common to the guild where we are dependent on ourselves (each other) without being blocked by another guild (like in GbG) and where we have a common goal that every member can participate in (unlike GvG not accessible on phone).

Does it shock you that there are people who play for gold cups, even if it does not bring any individual or guild bonuses?
Some guilds do not play to get rich but just for the pleasure of playing together. I know this notion may seem crazy, but we are only veterans who do not run after a ranking or excessive bonuses.

Nansoon

Farmer

I take this opportunity to thank in advance all those who will boycott lvl 5, or even all of GE since they will earn less diamonds, this will ensure us more first place in GE which offers nothing, except a great pleasure to do better than others.

Winning because others don’t play…not sure it is something to be proud of ;)
Of course it is not the most important. It has been written many times : the gap between lvl 4 and lvl 5 is huge. Due to mispreparation (most have not built St Basil, Deal,…) but not only. The % are just delirious.
And I am surprised of the short lifetime of beta test.
But well wait and see…if anything new is to be seen :))

qaccy

Emperor
I am voluntarily stagnating in the FUTURE as long as Innogames does not spawn an interesting new era for us, without Keen Eye, which turns any fight into a lottery.
It is true that glider tanks lend themselves perfectly to level 5.
I kinda agree with this. The reason I don't particularly like Keen Eye isn't so much for its effect on battles, but because units are limited to only two abilities (apparently) and with Keen Eye getting a permanent spot now, that means each new age of units is basically forced to be a copy of the last because there's no room for new or interesting combinations anymore. No Stealth with Reactive Armor, no Contact! with Rapid Deployment, none of the stuff that made each new age really feel different when it came to combat.

Now it's just every fast unit has Flying, and then each other unit gets one randomly assigned ability out of Blast, Stealth, Reactive Armor, Force Field, Contact! and Heat. Makes it kinda boring to me on a fundamental level.

esoterism

Squire
Comment of one of my guildmate, "what is the interest of doing the EG3 to get 50 fragments/800 of reduction of youth fountain at the end".
No one have a youth fountain anymore, what the fuzz about geting 50/800 of a trick to reduce it !!!!

COME ON INNO REACT NOW AND ADAPT THIS TO SOMETHING OF INTEREST or we will STOP DOING EG !!