• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

Tempestas

Squire
Because you think adding a GB that would give 160% blue swords and shields at level 80 would offset the 2,500% you'll fight at the end of level 5?

Do you sincerely think that players will modify their city to succeed in 16 fights per week to the detriment of their possibilities in GbG, GvG, first 4 levels of GE, events, daily challenges, pvp arena and campaign map?
I think different players will choose to do different things. Personally I don't care if everyone completes L5. Everyone doesn't complete L4 either. I do think the Inno needs to modify the specs a bit, but I don't think they should modify them to make the same small group of top players happy because "oh boy, look, something new we can be better at than everyone else." I mean really, do you have to win at everything?

I do totally hate the expires in 28 days thing -- that's a bit extreme. I'd suggest they double that time so that people only need to do GE L5 1/2 the time to replace their building. I hate buildings that expire but this is a reasonable compromise.

Tempestas

Squire
Oh (no one throw tomatoes please, just brainstorming), maybe they should alter all of GE such that it is based on defense. Now I'm going to hide.

The Lady Ann

Baronet
Oh (no one throw tomatoes please, just brainstorming), maybe they should alter all of GE such that it is based on defense. Now I'm going to hide.

think it is way to late in the day for them to do that but I am looking forward to another aspect of the game and the challenge of meeting that challenge but the way it is at the moment the imbalance between the AI and the player is way to high in the AI's favour about a 40-60% reduction would be better

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I think different players will choose to do different things. Personally I don't care if everyone completes L5. Everyone doesn't complete L4 either. I do think the Inno needs to modify the specs a bit, but I don't think they should modify them to make the same small group of top players happy because "oh boy, look, something new we can be better at than everyone else." I mean really, do you have to win at everything?
Our opinions differ somewhat.
I don't think introducing a new element that's only accessible to a tiny fraction of players will be motivating or even fun.
It must remain a game, not a selective competition that will make players want to forget about it and look elsewhere.

I feel like level 5 is like joining an athletics club to train to run the marathon, since it's my pleasure.
And that my trainer, who taught me how to manage my effort to go from 5km to 10km then to 20km, now requires me to run the 100m in less than 10 seconds.
Yet it's still a run, but no longer the same category and therefore no longer the same pleasure.

But my vision of FOE may be skewed...

Last edited:

Proven Legend

Merchant
It is best left alone. The number of players doing/attempting level 4 will be so small that it will not be noticed. If Inno do make changes it will be a move that will pacify the top stronger players/Guilds only and the gap between top and bottom Guilds will be even wider. So please leave it alone or stick together for changes for the good of all players/Guilds.

shad2389

Viceroy
It would realy surprise me if INNO implements this exactly like it is at moment
it would be a waste of devlopers time cause only a realy small % of players from the already small % that complete lvl 4 would do lvl 5 cause their citys are simply not built to go through lvl 5

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
The spoilers made believe in a real novelty for this level.
Some thought we should defend instead of attack.
The development of this novelty would have occupied the developers who would not have worked on Titan.
This is not the case, the idea is simply to use the bonuses built to defend the city when attacking.
It's just a totally illogical idea and only took 20 seconds to realize.
No changes made following feedback from this forum will not make this new feature a good idea.

Such a function, with 5 levels of difficulty planned from its creation, would never have been considered by swinging such absurdity between levels 4 and 5.

FoE looks less and less like a global and balanced game and more and more like a multitude of poorly assembled functions.

The fragments and now more and more temporary buildings that flood us with rewards from all these functions also suffer from this stacking of heterogeneous novelties.

This is probably why most of the latest innovations are struggling to satisfy players.

doughster

Merchant
What to do with all my supplies on Live?! 10G worth. What if instead of goods we could use supplies in GE5? Oh wait - too much of a change I guess. After all, it would only take one shot at the negotiations.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Ok, finished a test run of GE5 in AF. My results/costs/etc:

Fought the first 11. My base stats are 201/101. I chugged a total of 40 30% defender pots. I used fortifications for the last 3 fights I did to boost my attack.

Encounter​
Boost​
Army​
Goods Multiplier​
Goods Options​
Fortification Cost​
Fought With​
MyAtk​
MyDef​
Losses​
Reward​
65​
255​
4F 4R / 4F 4A​
10​
10​
30​
4 Dragon 4 Rogue​
201​
701​
2 Dragons​
10 Greater Ritual Flame Fragments​
66​
269​
4L 4R / 4L 4A​
16​
10​
50​
8 Dragon​
201​
701​
2 Dragons​
5 Divine Skywatch Fragments​
67​
283​
4R 4H / 4H 4A​
20​
10​
60​
6 Plasma 2 Rogue​
201​
701​
1 Plasma​
5 Feathered Serpent Statue Fragments​
68​
298​
2F 2L 2R 2A / 2L 2H 2R 2A​
40​
10​
150​
6 Plasma 2 Behemoth​
201​
701​
None​
5 Temple Fragments​
69​
313​
4L 4R / 4H 4A​
20​
10​
60​
8 Dragon​
201​
1001​
5 Dragons​
5 Feathered Serpent Chain Fragments (90%)​
70​
329​
4F 4R / 4H 4A​
27​
10​
80​
8 Plasma​
201​
1001​
None​
14 Greater Ritual Flame Fragments (90%)​
71​
345​
4F 4R / 4L 4A​
31​
10​
90​
8 Dragon​
201​
1001​
3 Dragons​
Portrait (10%) instead of 5 Feathered Serpent Statue Fragments (90%) (grrr)​
72​
361​
2F 1L 1H 2 R 2 A / 1F 1L 2H 2R 2A​
53​
10​
190​
6 Plasma 2 Behemoth​
201​
1001​
1 Plasma​
5 Temple Fragments​
73​
413​
2R 2H 2C 2A / 2L 2R 2C 2A​
30​
10​
90​
6 Plasma 2 Behemoth​
251​
1301​
1 Plasma​
5 Feathered Serpent Chain Fragments (90%)​
74​
527​
2F 2R 2C 2A / 2R 2H 2C 2A​
38​
10​
110​
8 Plasma​
261​
1301​
3 Plasma​
10 Divine Skywatch Fragments (90%)​
75​
656​
2F 2R 2C 2A / 2L 2R 2C 2A​
42​
10​
120​
6 Plasma 2 Behemoth​
271​
1301​
6 Plasma 1 Behemoth​
15 Feathered Serpent Statue Fragments (90%)​

Negotiated the last 5.

Encounter​
Boost​
Army​
Goods Multiplier​
Goods Options​
Fortification Cost​
Goods Consumed​
Diamonds Consumed​
Reward​
76​
801​
2L 1R 2H 2C 1A / 3R 2C 3A​
65​
10​
240​
1170​
15 Temple Fragments​
77​
1021​
1F 1L 1R 1 H 1C 3A / 1F 1L 1R 1H 1C 3A​
40​
10​
110​
640​
15 Feathered Serpent Statue Chain Fragments (90%)​
78​
1277​
1F 1L 3R 1H 1C 1A / 1F 1L 3R 1H 1C 1A​
49​
10​
140​
1176​
10​
15 Divine Skywatch Fragments (90%)​
79​
1574​
1F 1L 4R 1H 1C / 1F 1L 1R 1H 1C 3A​
53​
10​
150​
954​
25 Feathered Serpent Statue Fragments (90%)​
80​
1920​
2R 2H 2C 2A / 2L 2R 2C 2A​
78​
10​
280​
1248​
25 Temple Fragments​

Other than the last 4 fights, it seemed a fair mark for the challenge in this age. I'm mostly concerned about ages higher than this because it doesn't really get easier to get more defending army stats - you just need even more of the same buildings that don't scale. You just would normally spend more time to get there. I think in low-mid ages fighting at least some of it is probably an option.

In terms of cost to negotiate the whole thing, on average those last 5 negotiations took 18.4 selections. applied to all the multipliers I come to 11k goods - so not too far off the 10k that's been floating around.

I agree with someone's earlier statement that the fortifications for negotiation seem like pure waste - costing too much for what they save. I never used any of them, and wouldn't. But I'm not sure how to make them interesting,

Rewardwise, you went *way* too far into the fragments... I got *zero* immediately-usable rewards for finishing GE5 once. That doesn't feel good given the challenge. i.e. if someone dumps 11k goods to do it for the first time and then realizes a) they can't afford to do it again too frequently at that price and b) they got *absolutely nothing for it* until they do it at least 3 more times.

The fragments work good for the things that need to be slow: the temple and the feathered serpent statue. But the other pieces it's not clear how long we're even going to want to *build* and you're trying to make sure we have almost none of them before we reach that point?

My recommendation:
1) Scrap most of the fragments of (greater ritual flame/skywatch/chain element) chests (maybe keep one of each just in case someone really does want them reliably. Don't water that one of each down, let it keep the full 30/120 skywatch, 25/100 chain element fragments, 25/100 greater ritual flame fragments that we got from a combined 2-3 chests.) Every 4 weeks you still get 1 of each.
2) Use the freed up chests to give GE4-style *immediate* rewards. Something to show for having done it *once*. A chance at a *full* divine skywatch, greater ritual flame, or chain element, maybe a big chunk of FP as the "fail".

Last edited:

Tempestas

Squire
"Reward-wise, you went *way* too far into the fragments... I got *zero* immediately-usable rewards for finishing GE5 once. That doesn't feel good given the challenge. i.e. if someone dumps 11k goods to do it for the first time and then realizes a) they can't afford to do it again too frequently at that price and b) they got *absolutely nothing for it* until they do it at least 3 more times."

I think this is a great point and really a lot of what I am hearing. People look at it and go "this is too hard, takes too long, takes too much commitment, why bother." And yet a simple reward that people actually want could make them want to deal with it. But the reward is far away (and short lived and in need of endlessly repeating like washing the dishes) and expensive. I'm for making things challenging, but there needs to be reasonable immediate rewards and really good long term rewards (one's that don't need repeating every 28 days, I mean seriously).

blueskydwg

Steward
Did notice that the defense boosts we got so many of from the Anniversary event are stackable. So I could get about 4,000 defense - but my attack would still be lacking.

Did notice that the defense boosts we got so many of from the Anniversary event are stackable. So I could get about 4,000 defense - but my attack would still be lacking.
Using the bottle boosts is not sustainable. I'm a pack rat and haven't sold any that I have collected. After 2.5 years I have accumulated 37 10%, 71 20% and 129 30%. Going by the info that @xivarmy provided, I will burn through my 30-month-old stash in a couple of GE seasons. I'm going to set up my main city so that I can negotiate all 16 encounters in L5.

Panthera

Merchant
hello
it is bull****
I went from 10 to 16 then 20 then 40 resources by choice on 4 negotiations on 10 possibilities each time
and I'm not even talking about the awards, she's sickening
10/100, 5/120, 5/200 and 5/200
for military-oriented buildings

absolutely neither coherent nor interesting

Last edited: