• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

Kronan

Viceroy
It's only one data point for GE in the Future Era but @MooingCat estimates that 10K goods are about what it will take to nego all 16 encounters. He hasn't broken the 10K down into TE and FE but 10K per GE season might be sustainable with a high level CF and a Star Gazer. As it stands now, battling all 16 is out of the question for all but a few players.

Spot on, @Pericles the Lion, it has a very EXCLUSIONARY design now, and that's going to remain mostly true irrespective of if they lower the cost threshold for what it takes to continuously do this each week.

LastWarrior

Regent
OK I'll be different I luv it lol
Work it out, save goods now fight a few neg the rest np.
It will be a problem on Space age Titan but not too bad now.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
It's only one data point for GE in the Future Era but @MooingCat estimates that 10K goods are about what it will take to nego all 16 encounters. He hasn't broken the 10K down into TE and FE but 10K per GE season might be sustainable with a high level CF and a Star Gazer. As it stands now, battling all 16 is out of the question for all but a few players.

Goods TypeStart AmountEnd AmountGoods Used
TE: Nutrition Research18327411091
TE: Papercrete18797221157
TE: Preservatives1529710819
TE: Smart Materials15085021006
TE: Translucent Concrete971398573
FE: Algae22761602674
FE: Biogeochemical Data20421106936
FE: Nanoparticles20037631240
FE: Purified Water222311201103
FE: Superconductors22819181363

Total: 4646 TE | 5316 FE

I used FoE Helper's suggestions, did not have save current age option enabled.

Adrienne

Farmer
So, hot take, I actually really like this. GE 5 should be extremely difficult and costly for us now. Why? Several reasons:
  1. Most don't have tons of defense boosts in their cities. This promotes more city diversity and opens up new avenues for defense boosts to actually be desirable.
  2. Making GE 5 so hard means that it won't be a feature that gets added and is immediately forgotten. To complete it, you will have to work really hard, or build your city around completing it!
  3. This helps balance the rewards and makes it so that, once again, you have to work hard to get them instead of just immediately getting tons of fragments and buildings as soon as GE 5 starts.
Don't you see? GE 5 finally gives this game potential to start moving away from buildings that give only attack boosts. It gives traders more of a reason to produce goods. It makes the game so much less linear and introduces more potential ways to build your city. In fact, I would go so far as to say we need more features like GE 5 introduced over time that take advantage of defense boosts and goods more than they do now. It's healthy for the game to have a feature that doesn't cater to the current meta.

Now, should the final boost for the army in SAJM be 2569%? Probably not. The values themselves will have to be tweaked, but not too far. I think ~1500% in same would be fair, and a lot less for lower ages. But for the first time in a while, I actually feel positive about this feature. Inno could release the next event with a building that gives defense boosts and no attack boosts, and guess what? It would actually be a viable option.

tl; dr, the first feature I've been wholeheartedly excited for in a while. Good job Inno. You did it.

This forum reminds me of a garden of stones, toxic stones! They are immovable! They've sunk into the ground! They do not want to move and develop!
It is clear that the stats of the defense army are overestimated, and they need to be fixed, to collect defense in Jupiter in order to resist 2569 is possible only by breaking the floor of the city!
But I don't understand the cry of some people, they think that top content should be available to everyone on auto attack! There is not enough goods, so put more goods buildings, and do not focus only on GbG! Now you have to pay more attention to the balance of the city!
On a real server, I have enough goods with a margin to pass GE5, every week
I like the concept of INNO, it breaks the tired principles of the game, it refreshes it
Yes! .. A lot shaken out of their comfort zone and not liking it one bit .. I agree that tweaks are needed, but after all, beta is for testing developments in the game so we shouldn't expect everything to be 'just right' straight away.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
My guild on a French server obtained 291 gold cups during its 297 weeks of existence (i.e. 5 years and 8 months) of which 90% with a result of 133.3
Capture d’écran 2023-03-16 160928.png

This level 5 will never be opened, too expensive in guild cash for the only 2 or 3 members able to get there. It is a fact !

So what went through the heads of the developers to have chosen the % of defenses and so many difficulties to win only fragments?

Without ever opening level 5 or changing the way we play, we will continue to accumulate gold cups while finishing 2nd 1 or 2 times a year if we come across guilds that attempt level 5 after all their members have finished level 4.

So no contribution to the game, just additional risk of bugs given the quality of work of the computer scientists.

Since its beta, I am still feeling like they added defense boost in new GE5 level for testing something completely different.
Hope, it won't meet the live server like this. On what basis they introduce one feature which can be used by less crowd in the game as per the difficulty and mechanics.

Goods TypeStart AmountEnd AmountGoods Used
TE: Nutrition Research18327411091
TE: Papercrete18797221157
TE: Preservatives1529710819
TE: Smart Materials15085021006
TE: Translucent Concrete971398573
FE: Algae22761602674
FE: Biogeochemical Data20421106936
FE: Nanoparticles20037631240
FE: Purified Water222311201103
FE: Superconductors22819181363

Total: 4646 TE | 5316 FE

I used FoE Helper's suggestions, did not have save current age option enabled.
I love you Man! This is great stuff. Presuming that the 47%/53% goods ratio holds for all eras and that the average amount of goods scales up with Age, this presents yet another challenge. I suspect that, for many of us, producing current age goods is not a problem. Producing previous era goods is another thing though. My main city is SAJM and it currently produces about 2000 SAJM goods per day but only 500 SAV goods. I just might be able to manage if I build a Star Gazer. It will become easier when Titan rolls out because I won't age up my Sleigh Builders. Anyway, there may be a light at the end of the tunnel for advanced players. Thanks again.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Yeah I think the new meta will be to keep most goods producing buildings previous age, relying on other sources like quests, GBG, GE, colony, etc for current age goods.

Tempestas

Squire
One additional point to consider is the impact on GvG. Many guilds depend on player donations of goods to be able to fight in GvG. Now if those players need more than 10k goods/week, donations will drop significantly. I would not be surprised if GvG active guilds never even open GE level 5.
I like this thought. I mean, why should a few guilds be in the top of everything? While I do hope that Inno tweaks this because it is a bit extreme, I personally think having something that is so hard to do that many in the highest guilds will choose not to do it is a good thing. It gives room for other kinds of guilds and players to advance without being carbon copies of how everyone else does a thing. I'm actually really enjoying that this shakes things up.

Claus20

Merchant
The one who had the idea of using the defense army at level 5 - GE, I believe, he/she joined the INNO developer team yesterday. This created a discontinuity in the game mode, it is like a nut in the wall, to change the game mode at level 5. If you wanted to involve the defense army in the game, you had to introduce a new separate EG, which must use only the defense army from level 1 to level 4 or 5.
It's crazy to keep GE level 5 like that.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Because you think adding a GB that would give 160% blue swords and shields at level 80 would offset the 2,500% you'll fight at the end of level 5?

Do you sincerely think that players will modify their city to succeed in 16 fights per week to the detriment of their possibilities in GbG, GvG, first 4 levels of GE, events, daily challenges, pvp arena and campaign map?