• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
So you nerfed the buildings already huh? ;) Or was it an error in text in the original post. Now it's 10 FP for the serpent and 5 FP for the divine shrine (was 12 and 6)

Meanwhile we have a 40 FP Panda Shrine advertised in the new event to make the 10 FP serpent head seem underwhelming before this even hits live. Sure the temple's FP boost will work with the OP event building, but it hardly seemed like people were enthused with the permanent rewards before they became immediately outdated :p
That was an issue in the announcement. While writing the stats for the buildings we had a Forgotten Temple in the city ^^

Last edited:

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
after getting all portraits the fragments then will be at 100% ?
or will the portrait reward be replaced by something else ?
After you received it, it will be replaced by the same other item making it a 100% chance.

and another question:
does the Forgotten Temple need a road connection ?
No, all limited buildings don't require a road connection.

and about the The Feathered Serpent
can it be build more than once ?
does that one need road ?
Of course you can build as many as you want. There is no direct function in the game to limit how many of one building you can place (except us limiting how many rewards you get, but this is not the case here)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
??? portraits again ??? why? sorry I am not able to understand that statement correctly.
Is it a typo, "some other item"?
As in a specific portrait will only take away your "fragments" from an encounter once. After you win it it'll be 100% of the fragments (the same item that's the other 90%)

nice2haveu

Baronet
As in a specific portrait will only take away your "fragments" from an encounter once. After you win it it'll be 100% of the fragments (the same item that's the other 90%)
But it's not like GBG, I cannot play the encounter again in the same week. And if it is for next week GEx, same portrait will be presented and same for every upcoming weeks of GEx. Not a very interesting choice of reward to finish an encounter every week:oops:.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
But it's not like GBG, I cannot play the encounter again in the same week. And if it is for next week GEx, same portrait will be presented and same for every upcoming weeks of GEx. Not a very interesting choice of reward to finish an encounter every week:oops:.
As in you win that portrait one week, that portrait's no longer there next week. Instead of the 90% fragments, 10% ****ty portrait, you'll have 100% fragments on that encounter from then on. So it only ever costs you fragments once.

Boo...

Baronet
Temporary buildings are not interesting - they then need to be stored or removed.
GE5 will not be available to players in low eras - their main goal in the guild is to pump attack and defense for battles and great buildings for the treasury.
Inno does everything to prevent guilds from accepting players from lower eras.

Teak

Steward
Let’s be real - gex 5 and it’s current balancing is great - let me tell you why ;)

1| You can finally compensate for that one missing guild member, who’s ill - but so can your opposing guild. However, I don’t expect the urgency to complete level 5 every week; once a month sounds reasonable
2| We finally get a midterm feature we can‘t klick through and forget at launch: we have to adopt to the new meta. And if we’re honest, the role of defense was kinda telegraphed by the event buildings and the pvp arena (yea we can discuss it’s importance and viability of its rewards XD). But battlegrounds was quite similar: we started with 500/500 attack and now some of us are at 2500/2500. guess we have to eat the frog for now and adapt our priorities within events and the overall city planing ;)
3| unsustainable play styles are finally penalized: players who simply dumpster their goods into the guild for Highscore points, or didn’t care about goods at all, are forced to change their habits.

As already mentioned, I‘m looking forward to a feature I did not already play through before it even started ;)

Last edited:

Flo0Fil2L0

Merchant
Funnily enough every time something is too hard/bad, this theory comes up. If something is to good, it is either simply accepted or hated.

I can promise you, the intend is not to make it seem they listen, it is just testing and looking what works. Obviously the stats are too high and I hope the Game Designers see that as well and adjust it. Remember: They are also just humans and do make mistakes. However as we saw in recent events they do a lot of rebalancing for events especially before bringing it to live, all based on data and feedback and they will probably do the same here.
Why start the test phase with such high % ?
To cause an uproar on the forum ?
The developers don't know the effects of % defense and attack in the game ?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
they just forgot to tell the guy who is responsible for balancing that they are taking defense boost and not attacking :D
Or alternatively the guy who's responsible for balancing has unlimited access to past buildings to put together a suitable layout purpose-driven for GE5 without regards to whether that's a layout that a) someone would want and b) is reasonable to put together time-wise.

on (b), One of the issues with the balance-point as it is right now is SAJM players are getting dropped in the water after not building it at all. The balance point might be something that's "reasonable to achieve in 2 years of play" that you're likely to take before you get to SAJM. But I don't think anyone that's in SAJM now is looking to spend the next 2 years getting the defending army stats they "expect". They probably have to aim shorter than they'd like for SAJM, and then try to catch up in SAT a little, and then the age after that maybe it can start accelerating as we'll have had a couple years of events to get it if we want it. It's also plausible we'll have more access to things like Phantom Tower by then that give defense without sacrificing offence to do it.

I built what I could for attack for defending army on my beta city and will be trying to fight what i can of it using defender pots tomorrow. But my beta city is only in AF, and GE5 starts at 255% instead of the > 400% in SAJM. Thing is my live SA-or-near-it cities probably can't do more than my beta AF city for "defending army attack now!" from inventory trash even if I wanted to.

and on (a), it just takes too much space for something that I only desire for 1 feature until such time there's enough phantom tower-like buildings that give me defense by accident. So it's almost certainly negotiate or skip for the high age cities.

Devilsangel

Baronet
They should call it a "Golden level" and take it out of the championship. After that whatever bonuses they leave or change will not affect the previous year's of GE play and how players viewed/participated in GE

SirAlucard

Steward
One problem with the balancing could also be, that they looked at the top 1% players and their values for offense and forgot, that we have one less GB for the defense. We have the Terracotta Army, Zeus Statue, Cathedral of Aachen and Castel del Monte for the offense, but just the Terracotta Army, Saint Basil's Cathedral and Deal Castle for the defense. If each of these buildings is at level 90, that means the defense is already 70% lower than the offense. Taking this into account, the 3 defensive GBG provide 200% on level 90, a value that's high, but not for everyone easily achievable. Then we need to take into account, that many event buildings in the past either provided only defense for the defending army and not always also offense. IMO, the values in the GEX5 should be halfed, it still be a challenge, but then it would be achievable for everyone, even new players after some preparations. Same for the amount of goods, 10k-18k each week, for a few buildings, that can only assambled after 4 weeks is way too high, if these values would be also halfed, it would still be expensive and would take a hugh chunk of goods out of the game, but it would not ruin every player and their city. And most importantly, it wouldn't force the players to rebuild their whole city.

Boo...

Baronet
They should call it a "Golden level" and take it out of the championship. After that whatever bonuses they leave or change will not affect the previous year's of GE play and how players viewed/participated in GE
They should call it "we don't need new players". It's getting harder and harder for new players to get started.

Atokirina

Squire
So you nerfed the buildings already huh? ;) Or was it an error in text in the original post. Now it's 10 FP for the serpent and 5 FP for the divine shrine (was 12 and 6)

Meanwhile we have a 40 FP Panda Shrine advertised in the new event to make the 10 FP serpent head seem underwhelming before this even hits live. Sure the temple's FP boost will work with the OP event building, but it hardly seemed like people were enthused with the permanent rewards before they became immediately outdated :p
Exactly.

They nerfed expedition buildings that didn't really need nerfing imo, now I really hope they can change the Panda building too.