• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

Lindsay

Merchant
Thank you, next. I'd better wait for the 6th level :D:D:D

What if I collected 200 in the first month and I don't built this temple. Then I collect another 200 next month. Does it mean I can built two temples at the same time if I have 400 pieces it total?

Devilsangel

Baronet
Changes are nice, making use of useless buildings and stats is probably nice for someone to, but not at the expense of previous features that were and still are essential to the game
If those stats are what they want us to beat, means we have to fully erase our city and pack it up with Tactician's, that being said the previous 4 levels will become unbeatable with the attack stats we just destroyed for just the last level.
Changes should be reasonable. This one isn't. And placing it to be counted towards the championship is just another mistake.

-Alin-

Emperor
Thank you, next. I'd better wait for the 6th level :D:D:D

What if I collected 200 in the first month and I don't built this temple. Then I collect another 200 next month. Does it mean I can built two temples at the same time if I have 400 pieces it total?
yes, you can build them whenever you want.

Final summary

I completed the fifth level of the GE.
It is not possible to conduct combat due to the extremely high attack and defense percentages, therefore negotiation remains the only viable option.
The cost of goods and diamonds is very high and unprofitable, but that's not the most important thing.
It turns out that in order to be able to collect all the fragments to assemble a building it is necessary to pass level five at least four times. But that's the minimum, because surely at some point the game will give avatars rather than fragments.
The main and most important building, the Forgotten Temple, has a 28-day lifespan, which basically means that if a player wants to have it in the city, they don't have to stop playing. It also means something else - a player can only have one such building, which is absolutely insufficient given the bonus percentages.
Apart from that, the other special buildings are completely uninteresting because the Great Ritual Flame gives you 7% while the regular Ritual Flame gives you 8%... I personally don't find the logic.

In fact, what's the point of playing the fifth level?
It doesn't give anything that contributes to the development of the city and the progress of the individual player.
I note in passing that, despite the disproportionate costs relative to the gain, the contribution to the General Ranking is almost nil, or if not nil, then certainly negligible.

I get the impression that in discussing the creation of this new fifth tier, things have been done self-servingly and out of the overall context of the game, which is surprising to say the least.

In my estimation, the innovation is not good, it is self-serving, it appears unprofitable to the player, it does not contribute in any way to the development of the city, and it is disproportionately expensive.
If a player is stubborn and keeps playing against all odds, he will end up broke.
In this regard, I have already warned the guild that I will not participate in the future.

I had high hopes and was looking forward to the appearance, but the disappointment is huge.

-Alin-

Emperor
are you for real? so +40% fp then??? Ok. I'm in. :D
I mean it doesnt matter when you build them, either one per month, or all of them at once, You get the same ammount of forge points with that 20%, either alone or stacked 10 of them for 200%.

Demeter7

Squire
Question for those who are able to get to level 5...
Is this going to be worth unlocking for a small guild where 1/2 are higher level players, some are medium, and a few are newer players?
It sounds like some guilds are not going to be able to enjoy this new level at all.

here my bonus on live

index.php

gives enough good for negotating every week :D

true. I already can negotiate without burning my old pile of goods (on live)
i make each week enough for level 5. so only using goods of the last 7 days :D

View attachment 9136

as you can calculate (that age is running less than 1 year on live)
makes over 4k per week for the upper 4 and 7k of the one I produce in the colony

so that top player can finish it already every week when it goes live :D
<-----
Nice. So I'll guess they bring the new age soon(TM)

Gedrog

Squire
Returning Victorious from GE level 5 I am in IA but I don't think I will be able to maintain this I spent about 300 diamonds to complete the last two encounters to revive my fallen comrades and 89 X 30% (Boost packages) did not know you could stack them will do it again next week and take more detailed stats butta nooo

My Baseline A/D for defending army in Beta
A251
D251

After building temples and activating many boosts
A/D Great Warrior Temple offers 120% this varies at each encounter
A 251 +120% X2 = 491%
D 3022 +120%X2 = 3262%
Used 89 +30% Defence boosts

Final Big stone army had the following attack and defence
1375%

@ the rate you are burning up goods and defender boost it may steer smaller Guilds away from opening this level

Very few event buildings I have encountered in the last year offered any significant attack and defence even now the Forgotten Temple building looks stupidly underpowered to be able to provide significant boosts although I did like the buildings like the Great Warrior Temple that added 120% bonus at the final stone which increases your ability some

Forgotten Temple
  • 40% attack and defense for attacking army
  • 50% attack and defense for defending army
  • 20% Forge Points collection boost

Last edited:
here my bonus on live

index.php

gives enough good for negotating every week :D

true. I already can negotiate without burning my old pile of goods (on live)
i make each week enough for level 5. so only using goods of the last 7 days :D

View attachment 9136

as you can calculate (that age is running less than 1 year on live)
makes over 4k per week for the upper 4 and 7k of the one I produce in the colony

so that top player can finish it already every week when it goes live :D
<-----
Yeah, let's all lift our Chateaus to 210 so we can negotiate L5. :cool:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Perhaps the devs are arrogant enough to assume that we're sinking in all our life savings and sacrificing all our buildings for phantom towers, "balancing" GE5 with such exceptional outlier black swan scenario. As long that's the case it's a hard skip for me. Reasonable beatable yet challenging buffs would be around 300%-1.200% final encounter from AI-SAJM. Anywhere above that, is not.
The lost temple is just not strong enough to justify it, neither is the serpent. When I thought the devs knew what they were doing from the spoilers, I've been gravely wrong; they don't. If they assume all of us to spend blindly into phantom towers until there's nothing but phantom towers. Surprisingly most people rather stay alive, by buying food, maintaining vehicles for their livelihood, providing for their families and paying the bills, rather than sacrificing all their life savings into a virtual game for a "reward" that is only a bit more efficient than event buildings which can be obtained for free anyways.
Guys, can you please remember that level 5 it supposed to be extremely.difficult and a common iron age player should never be able to complete that level?!

And can you please remember it must be difficult even for end game players to represent a real challenge?!

I am not saying that the stats of enemy armies or the amount of goods are ok but even nerfed, those numbers should still being high!
Theirs is a big difference between a challenge/difficult thing and the impossible. Practically it's impossible to beat 1.000-2.500%+ buffed armies with city defence. That's why most players are upset and dissatisfied. The argument to fully invest into city defence doesn't work either. Don't forget that you still need to beat GE4 before you can get into GE5 to begin with. Good luck with that with barely any buff, when it's all defence buffs.
Please prove me wrong here with practical examples in which the real "challenge" is not the literal practical impossible.

-Alin-

Emperor
as @Xiphos asked me about the 1080p variant of my video, it is already 1080p, was waiting for youtube to complete the checking and rendering for it, that was long ago.

Also Mooingcat will have a fully video of GEV anyway, with voice and all You need, so I recommend to watch that one, mine was just to help people get some ideas of costs of the guild expedition.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
So, hot take, I actually really like this. GE 5 should be extremely difficult and costly for us now. Why? Several reasons:
  1. Most don't have tons of defense boosts in their cities. This promotes more city diversity and opens up new avenues for defense boosts to actually be desirable.
  2. Making GE 5 so hard means that it won't be a feature that gets added and is immediately forgotten. To complete it, you will have to work really hard, or build your city around completing it!
  3. This helps balance the rewards and makes it so that, once again, you have to work hard to get them instead of just immediately getting tons of fragments and buildings as soon as GE 5 starts.
Don't you see? GE 5 finally gives this game potential to start moving away from buildings that give only attack boosts. It gives traders more of a reason to produce goods. It makes the game so much less linear and introduces more potential ways to build your city. In fact, I would go so far as to say we need more features like GE 5 introduced over time that take advantage of defense boosts and goods more than they do now. It's healthy for the game to have a feature that doesn't cater to the current meta.

Now, should the final boost for the army in SAJM be 2569%? Probably not. The values themselves will have to be tweaked, but not too far. I think ~1500% in same would be fair, and a lot less for lower ages. But for the first time in a while, I actually feel positive about this feature. Inno could release the next event with a building that gives defense boosts and no attack boosts, and guess what? It would actually be a viable option.

tl; dr, the first feature I've been wholeheartedly excited for in a while. Good job Inno. You did it.
At 2500% or even 1500% as the baseline for "good enough", no a defense-only option in the next event would not feel "viable". Because there's more or less a hard cutoff of whether you have enough defense for any of it to be of value or not. Values on that scale are too punishing to be worth city space. That first encounter needs to drop to say ~200% so that "some" defense investment is of "some" value to get you close enough that "more" defense investment as an incremental option is not entirely unappealing.

Looking at the numbers from ninjalin's run, I will have *zero* temptation to build buildings on the basis of defense in my advanced cities. It's ok for that to be an option (to continue ignoring defense). It shouldn't seem so obviously the correct one though.

I will agree that I think the goods cost as others have discussed is "fine". It's challenging, but I think totally doable - maybe not on my beta city - but certainly on many of my live ones.

that is easier than beating an enemy with 2569% with your defense boost :D
I agree! However, I'm not about to drop 3M FPs on my L98 CF so I can negotiate my way thru L5 to get frags of a building that provides FPs (don't need), Attacking Army boosts (don't need) and Defending Army boosts (that I won't need with a L205 CF). Can't build Defense boost without compromising Attack boost, can't win L5 fighting, too costly to negotiate. As it stands now, L5 is not on my "to do list"