• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

bornempire

Steward
It's unplayable for those who don't have a bonus in city defense (this is the case for most players) and it's a ruin in goods if everything has to be negotiated...
A rebalancing is necessary !
Nobody who took GBG serious in the past 2 years will have an army that can beat 2000 % bonus with defensive bonus. Even if you sell all your winners plaza's you can't make it. This whole GE V is pointless for most players. Only a way for the top 50 players to waste 10 thousand goods weekly to get that GE80 but no team result anymore.

jtrucker

Baronet
Another suggestion - dunno if it was here already, sorry, didn't read full 14 pages of comments...

Tavern boosts should be rebalanced:
a) each ATT and DEF boost should always apply to Both armies, now when we actually need both armies (virtually for the first time in this game)...
b) The time of DEF boost should be reduced. To have the tavern locked up for 3 days after applying "only" 30% DEF boost is completely unreasonable.
c) Also the % should be reconsidered, at least on the DEF side.
d) I wanted to write here that there should be (more expensive) boost of both ATT + DEF, but that actually is possible for 50 diamonds. Which MIGHT be reasonable, if there was a CHANCE to win the diamonds in the 5th level. Since there probably isn't, well... but OK, inno needs to get the money from us somehow. So at least a-c please....

zookeepers

Marquis
Need of Defensive boost for the defenders, it is fine.
We have the ritual frame. The upgrades are quite rare, but even in L1, it gives 8%/building at max, 4%/tile.
Maybe many of us have already sold them to the AD, but hey, you can eventually collect them again.
2000% Defence boost may seem tremendous, but actually it is not.

About the Attack boost for the defenders, we can almost do nothing.
Yes, there is the tacticians tower, but 2% per kit is a process way too slow. It will take years.
They gave us chance to get some new buildings with attack boost for the defenders,
but everything is fragmented and is impossible to collect in numbers.
At least they have to let us have any chance to stack up attack boost for the defenders,
that is not fragmented nor devided in tiers (tile ratio could be low, like 3%/tile but shouldn't be a single tile tower).

And so, I just think... why in hell does the enemy troop have to have the same attack and defence bonus?
If they had something like 2500% attack / 1200% defense like usual player's army,
It should have been still with possibility to handle.

Conclusion,
GE5 is not a lively content from the very beginning of this feature,
in means of reviving the defender troop boost.
Everyone who desire would just go through by negotiating and would never even try to take use of the defenders.

Sonny

Farmer
The GE V has to be difficult as if you guys will make it easy , after few months we will have again guilds full of 80 people that compete to finish GE in 36 hours , we need something challenging for top cities for those who spent years to develop their cities and great buildings , a GE "user friendly" that 98 % of cities can complete it's pointless to introduce in the game , event building are gonna be better and better , ge building are better now , GE V will become easier and easier to complete by the time pass but for now it has to be difficult , it has to be something that we work on to achieve , if you guys want a user friendly GE V that you can complete extremly easy with a city built 2 weeks ago free to play what's the point of doing it ? Beside , we need something that only veterans experienced players can achieve , we need challenge for big power cities , right now there is none at all ... everything is sooo super easy , we have redundant goods as we get over 4000 a day from the space colony and buildings inside our city.

zookeepers

Marquis
The GE V has to be difficult as if you guys will make it easy , after few months we will have again guilds full of 80 people that compete to finish GE in 36 hours , we need something challenging for top cities for those who spent years to develop their cities and great buildings , a GE "user friendly" that 98 % of cities can complete it's pointless to introduce in the game , event building are gonna be better and better , ge building are better now , GE V will become easier and easier to complete by the time pass but for now it has to be difficult , it has to be something that we work on to achieve , if you guys want a user friendly GE V that you can complete extremly easy with a city built 2 weeks ago free to play what's the point of doing it ? Beside , we need something that only veterans experienced players can achieve , we need challenge for big power cities , right now there is none at all ... everything is sooo super easy , we have redundant goods as we get over 4000 a day from the space colony and buildings inside our city.

No, it is not difficult at all!
You can just NEGO, NEGO, NEGO to the end. Costly, but very easy.

I'm just feeling sad because the attempt to do something for the defensive army
is ending up in a complete failure...

Fighting (defending) through GE5 will never be easy, because we are completly lacking source of attack bonus for the defensive troops.

Astrid

Baronet
I know 1 player, who has 815% city def. :p
There are few players on my main world that have over 2000% city defence, maybe even 3000%. But they don't have enough attack for city defence and will obviously get beaten fair and square by the GE5 "invaders" lol.

Look, I don't mind at all that in GE5 you defend, not attack, actually I like the concept quite a lot, I am willing to change my city to be able to reach about 700 attack / 1000 city defence and that should be more than enough to beat GE5. It needs to be something REACHABLE to beat the expedition, if you have for example 10 x tactician towers level 2 in your city they need to be WORTH something. 40% attack for defence army needs to have some MEANING and IMPACT, the way it is now everything in the game that adds city defence is just worthless.

And most important thing, so, Inno, if you want us to bother doing GE5, please give us good rewards, and when I mean good rewards, not just some buildings, give us chances(25%, 50%) to also get diamonds, this way, more and more players will consider going for it and start making changes to their cities and make city defence RELEVANT in the game.

CrashBoom

Legend
after getting all portraits the fragments then will be at 100% ?
or will the portrait reward be replaced by something else ?

and another question:
does the Forgotten Temple need a road connection ?

and about the The Feathered Serpent
can it be build more than once ?
does that one need road ?

Last edited:
I'm reading all these whining about "how terribly difficult and impossible this level 5 is" and I'm thinking to myself: what did you expect? Another farm like GBG? That you would just "swoop in" to this level and bang it just like that?
Level 5 is supposed to be difficult! And it is very good that it is, because on 4 I was already falling asleep, just click, click, click, and the end.
I'm very glad that the new level is challenging, because these challenges in FoE are less and less even for me, not so extremely advanced player at all.
That you have to spend a lot of goods, or rebuild a city? That's a very good thing, too! Don't you get bored with pointless clicking on GE or GBG with 1,000,000% attack bonus?
Too bad there is no "Dislike" button. , I would have some fun watching TOP players click "thumbs down" under my post. :p

Last edited:

Xocolatl

Farmer
It's ok to make GEx5 a challenge, although not everything worth doing is worth overdoing. ;)

I might even enjoy to adapt my city to this challenge. The new buildings are great, but I don't really see the point to throw away my attack values in order to get more defense, only to build up my attack values again with the new buildings.

You have to bring in some additional motivation for players to do that, other than the new buildings. That could for example be diamonds (although I doubt, you'd be willing to go there), or a central role of GEx5 for guild placement in the ranking list, which is equal to GBG or GvG and goes beyond its influence on the guild level.

(Edit: And just to be sure: I'm not referring to moving the diamonds from GEx4 to GEx5. That would be very bad idea.)

Last edited:
Just my two cent to the last 7 or so pages I've read.
1. Campers in Iron Age are probably not expected to play GE5 AND they probably don't care about GE5 anyway. I don't do this but the only reason to camp would be to collect diamonds and without diamond rewards there probably is no reason to play GE5 on IA worlds. And I also doubt there are lots of IA campers in the top guilds.
2. Players that can't finish GE5 a couple of months after start? Who cares? Nobody expects new players to be in SAJM half a year after start so I wouldn't expect GE5 either. If players expect to be in endgame after six months they probably play the wrong game anyway.
3. I think we need more time to understand GE5 fully before we should give it up. Maybe there's a combination of adjusted buffs, dedicated armies for each step, negotiations at some of the more difficult nodes and a good tactics at manual play so that you need only 800%/800% def to beat GE5 regularly. Maybe it'll take much better values if you don't want to change your army in between and do the battles on auto.

Emberguard

Emperor
I'm reading all these whining about "how terribly difficult and impossible this level 5 is" and I'm thinking to myself: what did you expect? Another farm like GBG? That you would just "swoop in" to this level and bang it just like that?

I'm not expecting easy, but the investment also only lasts 28 days. If the main building lasted at least 12 months then it would be a worthwhile investment for the actual rewards gained and not just for the sake of doing it.

If we're fighting through Lvl 5 then the Forgotten Temple only provides 20% of our Forge Points back to play around with. If we're losing anything more than 20% swapping around buildings for defending army boosts then we're running at a deficit

If we're negotiating then it's 32-72k goods to obtain the full building (8-18k x 4)

That's a significant investment for something that expires in 28 days

CrashBoom

Legend
IDEA: (numbers subject to be balanced):
permanent tempel with levels (like GB unlimited). fragments, but one full kit per week if you complete GEx level 5

each level could give 1% FP boost

to balance they values at higher levels (if 1% each level after a few years would be overpowered) there can be different scenarios:
- higher levels increase less
- all level increase same percentage but higher levels need more than 1 upgrade kit (for first 10 levels: 1 kit each level, next 10 levels 2 kits, then 3,4,....)

Emberguard

Emperor
IDEA: (numbers subject to be balanced):
permanent tempel with levels (like GB unlimited). fragments, but one level per week if you complete GEx level 5

each level could give 1% FP boost

to balance they values at higher levels (if 1% each level after a few years would be overpowered) there can be different scenarios:
- higher levels increase less
- all level increase same percentage but higher levels need more than 1 upgrade kit (for first 10 levels: 1 kit each level, next 10 levels 2 kits, then 3,4,....)

And to keep it at the original idea of 1 per city they could make it impossible to build more than one. The additional levels would then be what you're working towards