• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
... if I understand it correctly:

Conquered sectors get shielded for 4h and you’re able to attack from those as well.

How are you supposed to stop getting steamrolled, if you have a territory established?
Currently there is no way to defend, or do I miss something?

Maybe implement the possibility to fight on an own sector, which would reduce enemies’ progress?
You cannot directly fight for your own sector, you can however attack/negotiate on adjacent enemy sectors. If you acquire their sector and cut off adjacency of owned sectors, then the progress they've made on yours will be lost.

Hi, I want to ask if there is some ranking list or contribution list (like contribution in GE) of players in the guild. I want to see, who participated battle grounds and who not. I did not found anything yet. Thanks.
Not at this time.

Teak

Steward
You cannot directly fight for your own sector, you can however attack/negotiate on adjacent enemy sectors. If you acquire their sector and cut off adjacency of owned sectors, then the progress they've made on yours will be lost.

How am I supposed to do this if their sector is shielded?

DeletedUser8822

You shoudn't be allowed to use units other than from your current age, otherwise attrition won't really limit the amout of attacks you can do per day if your attack value is high enough.

DeletedUser9523

... if I understand it correctly:

Conquered sectors get shielded for 4h and you’re able to attack from those as well.

How are you supposed to stop getting steamrolled, if you have a territory established?
Currently there is no way to defend, or do I miss something?
You can defend by going around the enemy's path and start taking their stuff.
Also keep in mind that an enemy cannot keep pushing for too long. Their members will be at a too high attrition eventually. Theoretically your guild could "save" their attrition levels and strike back once the 4h lock down timers are over.

However, if we see that it's too much of an issue, we might prohibit to attack from a locked down sector. For now we wanted to go with as few rules as possible, as it makes more sense to add stuff, rather than investing precious development time and then removing unnecessary stuff. And also, we wanted to keep the initial feature scope as simple to understand as possible. ;)

Maybe implement the possibility to fight on an own sector, which would reduce enemies’ progress?
We thought of this initially as well, but felt that it may lead to too much "status quo" where there is no visible changes on the map, which would be boring, right? ;)

Teak

Steward
You can defend by going around the enemy's path and start taking their stuff.
Also keep in mind that an enemy cannot keep pushing for too long. Their members will be at a too high attrition eventually. Theoretically your guild could "save" their attrition levels and strike back once the 4h lock down timers are over.

However, if we see that it's too much of an issue, we might prohibit to attack from a locked down sector. For now we wanted to go with as few rules as possible, as it makes more sense to add stuff, rather than investing precious development time and then removing unnecessary stuff. And also, we wanted to keep the initial feature scope as simple to understand as possible. ;)

We thought of this initially as well, but felt that it may lead to too much "status quo" where there is no visible changes on the map, which would be boring, right? ;)

Well well well ;)

I’m currently scouting the beta for our guild and just frame it for the diamond league.
To this state I estimate, that our top 25 will be able to fight round about 60 times a day and then trade 10-20 times without having loses in the production. The small age players ( MA and lower) will be able to trade kind of infinitely, with their chateaus at lvl 100 or above.
So will 2 other guilds on our server as well.

-> how much progress is needed on a sector in diamond to conquer it?

Steamrolling the map twice a day shouldn’t be that hard with this kind of activity.

Another solution might be the sector buildings, which result in a higher attrition for attackers ...

Edit:
I see that this is kind of a first world problem, but it should be addressed- otherwise the activity level requirements and reward ratio would be imba compared to lower activity profile leagues

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
when loading the client
after entering the battlefields and returning to the city
This is not related to Battlegrounds, it's just a matter of loading. You seem to have loaded some buildings before the background itself, I guess maybe the buildings you had cached but not the background. I've tried throttling my network as much as possible and still cannot really reproduce this because:
- With cached content things just load too fast for me so I don't see that state at all.
- With disabled cache first the background loads (green) and then the buildings.

So... Not really a game change or something you can do at will.

DeletedUser8963

Lookin' good Inno! At least from that few fights that I tried (I neglected my beta account so I'm very underpowered there).

Can someone confirm how much attrition goes up after each fight? I saw 0%, 2%... then?

DeletedUser9523

-> how much progress is needed on a sector in diamond to conquer it?

The required advances increase by 30 per league, starting at 40 in Copper.
Hence, the required advances in Diamond are 160. In conjunction with province buildings this can even be increased. ;)

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Two neighboring guilds have the same color, it's not practical.
QlMeO3VKP752mMU8KU14A89cOb9KyZGjf0CpjZLEgaIVXYKus8vqZq-29KrfmotfSXBec7gOoyqCkwGhp28H_txRxRVScR0R0l7NWHr8klALy__tQ0hkMxeuV9AoxxDZg0GVTVYD3kfY25aMlWbwaJPHlw0M9i7TsgomsaFYpDQ9-V2SnOmyOkdNM36uJz8K0B9GTvMFCyoJpC5ZIo5u0vMUaNjCEegSlluuX_TFvh5znLmU4K9Oo2Vy9gO1w9-h9HaeGcp6lKXbf6PD1FZJzi00gNSv7EwAF6uZHxG-GtFm58auDoK6krL36LOC9sYD5effM0CQJCyjs5Y0lEQVY9wJXifgV0zpILCfT4H1UUCDa0bOiKzdu2y_toiUT27q6PHkSLNcBS2rnqx9AjnpJauD2BicvjMOk-sgS60P_emzNaaK4KsIs7467Mb9nEHckgS-F6nDQUSXno-VpnxKDDvBZaSkpWnEYAvG1kATzaZfeyUAITPAmImsjwDeq64QFmvYnJRyAXIHv44zqjUbzwwu-9zfYv7kCwIDNDheJe-qcMt3zUs5Ja88JE5BI97EFN4wMOgb8jJd4hvlbgKVnIwPaUI-AK3tgbj8LwHcLSoUC3GaF8Jztk7-DjovrsGCZVyCfibj_CXO2GJXhizO53MR_jNlbs1FoesembJe8lJhEzvz5_E3piLV6ASNmZacfX4hAbOQrmOR7Bj1iFWbzE6p3DwuP5CbI54JTmQCSRE-_8o=w600-h291-no

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
The required advances increase by 30 per league, starting at 40 in Copper.
Hence, the required advances in Diamond are 160. In conjunction with province buildings this can even be increased. ;)
That sounds unbalanced - A guild coming from copper to silver would have an increase of close to 100%, while a guild going to diamond only sees an increase of less than 20%.

you should have a more shallow progression from league to league... e.g. 40-55-80-115-160 - would be roughly 42% increase per league

Essentially it does not really matter, because all guilds have to bring the same efforts, but the incline in the lower leagues might really throw some players off...

zlobnyj bot

Squire
This is not related to Battlegrounds, it's just a matter of loading. You seem to have loaded some buildings before the background itself, I guess maybe the buildings you had cached but not the background. I've tried throttling my network as much as possible and still cannot really reproduce this because:
- With cached content things just load too fast for me so I don't see that state at all.
- With disabled cache first the background loads (green) and then the buildings.

So... Not really a game change or something you can do at will.
A phone as a modem on an edge and a disabled cache in the flash version
I will explain. At one time, when developing a html5 version , the original blue background was replaced with yellow, due to too deep shadows. Now we see the remainder of the old script, most likely, which does not work out the replacement of the background when returning back to the city. But if now there are no problems with shadows, why not return the old background color? If the problems still have a place to be, we observe a clear flaw that needs to be completed))

when leaving a neighbor / card / war card, it changes to yellow back among other things)

Last edited:

Stingy

Squire
Don't like the percentages you have to fight against... Again a miss here! You are taking out the fun of this right away, means that guild players will not continue to do so...

DeletedUser9523

Don't like the percentages you have to fight against... Again a miss here! You are taking out the fun of this right away, means that guild players will not continue to do so...

No player is meant to fight the whole day in Guild Battlegrounds.
Once attrition gets too high, you can continue the next day, as attrition is completely reset at midnight.

zlobnyj bot

Squire
General chat also stops working when entering battlefields, neighbors / whisper tabs do not switch the actual chat when activated. What is still unfinished, one can only guess)
upload_2019-9-26_12-47-42.png

Stingy

Squire
No player is meant to fight the whole day in Guild Battlegrounds.
Once attrition gets too high, you can continue the next day, as attrition is completely reset at midnight.

I do agree with this, but you should try and increase the fun for all kinds of players. This is AGAIN !!! only helping the fighters. The others will leave this part very quickly, as they will not have any fun with this... THAT is what you should do if you want to keep people with the game

Teak

Steward
Is the power gain dependent on the victory points accumulated, or is it a fixed amount per league and placement at the end?

DeletedUser9608

My daily challenge today is to win 6 battles, so I fought the GVG. But this doesn't count toward the battle requirement. Intended or not?