• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

Nessie

Baronet
@beelzebob666: this would be a VERY BAD situation since we were playing against a TOP-GUILD that is playing FAIR and in accordance with the game rules of InnoGames as everybody knows :) ;)
...means we'd never reach more than second place...

Last edited:

DeletedUser10047

@beelzebob666: this would be a VERY BAD situation since we were playing against a TOP-GUILD that is playing FAIR and in accordance with the game rules of InnoGames as everybody knows :) ;):rolleyes:
...means we'd never reach more than second place...
With 30 guilds in gold league now, it isn't likely that you will see the exact same matchups from season to season. And any top guilds that keep winning big will get promoted to the next higher league and then you won't see them anymore at all - until your guild gets promoted.

DeletedUser9734

On the live servers I'm in a 7 person guild. Right now in a 75 person guild we were getting 1 point for a successful battle and 2 pts for a negotiation. Does anyone know if this point system is the same for a guild with very few members? Or does it scale?

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Does anyone know if this point system is the same for a guild with very few members? Or does it scale?
it should be the same for everyone (on Beta I play alone and I had the same numbers) - no size scaling is intended at all according to what I heard from Inno. The only scaling thing is the number of progress points per province in the different leagues

DeletedUser9734

If that is true, then a guild with very few members can capture only a few provinces every day, 2 provinces at the most. They'd never get to the top of the hill.

DeletedUser10047

If that is true, then a guild with very few members can capture only a few provinces every day, 2 provinces at the most. They'd never get to the top of the hill.
Once the leagues get sorted (which may take a few seasons), that small guild will only be matched against other guilds with equal performance. If you mean that a small guild has no chance to get to diamond league, then that is most likely correct.

DeletedUser9734

I would like to suggest that they imitate GE and put similar size guilds on the battlefield and that they scale the point system, otherwise this is not going to work for smaller guilds and there will be no participation from most of them.

DeletedUser9734

Once the leagues get sorted (which may take a few seasons), that small guild will only be matched against other guilds with equal performance. If you mean that a small guild has no chance to get to diamond league, then that is most likely correct.
For me it's about the fun element of GBG, making it to the top of the hill etc.

DeletedUser5106

Hi,
Do victory points earned on the battlefield count towards guild ranking?
If so, what is the relationship between victory points and guild prestige?

DeletedUser9719

So the prestige per league seems to be:

Bronze 450 (Edit: at least for Bronze Rank 3)

[EDIT: below are assumptions based on bad data... prestige might be defined by more than just the league...]
Silver: 900 (pretty sure)
Gold: 1800 ~ 2200 (1800 when extrapolating from Bronze/Silver; 2200 when comparing yesterdays and todays prestige values)
Platinum: 3600 ~ 4200 (3600 when extrapolating from Bronze/Silver; 4200 when comparing yesterdays and todays prestige values)
Diamond: 7200 (pure guess)

Can anybody confirm?

I do not look for any explanation
read my question
hello
I do not see any ranking, nor the points that make up classification
I look forward to Thursday to see if there are rankings and if the results change
otherwise, no investment will be of interest as it is not rewarded

DeletedUser10047

I would like to suggest that they imitate GE and put similar size guilds on the battlefield and that they scale the point system, otherwise this is not going to work for smaller guilds and there will be no participation from most of them.
What is the difference between being matched with guilds of equal size versus being matched with guilds of equal performance?

Owl II

Emperor
Because it wasn't explicitly mentioned in the announcement but I saw some chat reports of "guild power is not there" -> the guild power and prestige do not appear in the game right away with the finishing of the battleground, but with the next guild power calculation. This matches the time of the GvG recalculations.

As one happened a couple minutes ago, the guild power and prestige from the Battlegrounds season will now be reflected in the game as well.
It s great. What do prestige points depend on? On The League? On place in the League, or Victory points?

Last edited:

DeletedUser9666

Just a thought:

Maybe this "lovely island" could have some treasures listed in each province description, that would incentivize individual players? Particularly those in lower leagues. For example, Something comparable to Crow Nest rewards (including diamonds) plus 2-25 unattached rogues to replenish troops. With % chance to win during each battle, while guaranteed all if whole province conquered?

That said...

Did not Inno say back in June that GBG would have similar weight on guild rankings as GvG?

I believe GvG accounts for more than 80% of the total ranking for some top guilds. The remaining 20% comes from guild level obtained through GE, HoF and possibly other activities (I do not recall now). At least that's my limited understanding how it works.

I may be wrong but I do not think GBG affects final rankings like GvG. I think it is more like GE, that adds relatively little...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10047

I may be wrong but I do not think GBG affects final rankings like GvG. I think it is more like GE, that adds relatively little...
But there are no guilds in Diamond league yet. I would expect that a guild would have to be at the top of diamond league to get the same prestige as a top guild in GvG.

DeletedUser9734

What is the difference between being matched with guilds of equal size versus being matched with guilds of equal performance?
By matching similar size guilds, they can then also scale the point system. So for example, a battleground with guilds that have only 10 members, the point system could scale to 5 pts per battle etc.

Rusje

Steward
Why would a single person be equeal to a 50+ player guild. I see no logic at all...

If you are alone and you want to win in diamond, you'll have to go in a big guild...

DeletedUser10047

By matching similar size guilds, they can then also scale the point system. So for example, a battleground with guilds that have only 10 members, the point system could scale to 5 pts per battle etc.
Points (or advancements) per encounter doesn't need to scale, as the number of advancements needed to conquer a province scales - by league.

DeletedUser10047

It's a very big difference - see my post today 2.51 PM
That post is referring to being matched against guilds of unequal ability/performance, not size.

Take two guilds, each with 5 members. In one guild all the members are in SAM with high level GBs and each member is capable of doing 60+ encounters in Battlegrounds. In the other guild, the most advanced member is in LMA and capable of doing 25-30 encounters in Battlegrounds.

Is it fair that these two guilds get matched just because they are the same size?

I don't see why anyone would have an issue being matched against guilds that have the same performance level.

DeletedUser9734

That post is referring to being matched against guilds of unequal ability/performance, not size.

Take two guilds, each with 5 members. In one guild all the members are in SAM with high level GBs and each member is capable of doing 60+ encounters in Battlegrounds. In the other guild, the most advanced member is in LMA and capable of doing 25-30 encounters in Battlegrounds.

Is it fair that these two guilds get matched just because they are the same size?

I don't see why anyone would have an issue being matched against guilds that have the same performance level.
Size matters