• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

Nessie

Baronet
I really would very much appreciate a clear statement from InnoGames to all points and complaints listed here BEFORE the next round starts i.e. in less than 2 days and 20 hours

... how about rewarding us with a considerable amount of Diamonds, many of us worked very hard for GBG and gave you lots of feedback ;)

Last edited:

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
So maybe guilds are not only placed in a GBG based on league but also based on "league progress" @thephantom ?
Not quite sure I understand the question. :) The leagues are one thing (Platinum, Gold, Copper, etc.). The "progress" is another. There were discussions earlier on in the feedback thread, explaining that a guild's success correlates to values which then decide your league. Which is directly what you're discussing here....

...and show a transparent system of advancing/dropping in the leagues(ranks? points? activity? rolling a dice?)
getting an idea what we can plan for next GBG is slightly better than getting suprised at the start...
They were asked about that before, the response was something along the lines of not wanting to display that "league progress" and the mechanics behind, as for not to overwhelm and alienate the players...
Yes, was already answered early on. You basically move up or down a points scale system, from which the leagues are built. This is the post you're referring to:
Your assumption is correct.

For now we felt like we shouldn't complicate things by indicating this value, as then it also needs explanation etc., with the possibility to overcrowd certain interface elements.

But I can tell you that a guild that performs clearly bad or good (i.e. having last or first placement) will climb leagues fairly quickly.
Winning once or twice in Platinum league should usually get you into Diamond league already.

Right now we only have guilds in Copper, Silver and Gold. I am quite certain that after this season we will have the first platinum battlegrounds. ;)

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
On another note, some observations regarding the guild power rewards:

- For comparison: my main guild is a group of about 20 players with mixed ages (Middle Ages - Postmodern) and we get about 100%-120% in the GE and this week we received 8,600 guild power for our efforts. Doing that for two weeks would be 17,200.

- copper league GBG already gives about 40,000 guild power. And I surmise that my guild would be able to play in gold in the long run (which is about 200k guild power).

--> it is very enticing to play the GBG to progress the guild level
--> the only reason to keep playing GE is the personal rewards (especially Diamond rewards in GE4), guild rewards pale in comparison to GBG

--> the lower guild levels lose any meaning as even a single player can get a decent rank in copper GBG and just jump-start a fresh guild to Level 8+ - my guild originally needed about 4 month for that (starting out with a couple players below colonial age).

- I like that the guild power won is pretty much independent of the players age and the contribution of the lower ages feels way more acknowledged than with GE

Last edited:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Not quite sure I understand the question. :)
I just found it suspicious that so many TOP10 guilds all ended up in the same battleground. That is why It sounds plausible that the "league progress" somehow is considered when selecting the guilds for any battleground.

But that was also under the assumption that the pool of guilds in gold was decently sized. If the gold league only was composed of enough guilds for maybe 3 or 4 Battlegrounds, it is naturally quite likely that many top guilds meet each other.

Other than that it can all just be a weird coincidence.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Because it wasn't explicitly mentioned in the announcement but I saw some chat reports of "guild power is not there" -> the guild power and prestige do not appear in the game right away with the finishing of the battleground, but with the next guild power calculation. This matches the time of the GvG recalculations.

As one happened a couple minutes ago, the guild power and prestige from the Battlegrounds season will now be reflected in the game as well.

aragon82

Merchant
long story short: for getting by far the hardest golden-league we get punished with lesser "progress" (also the three others competing with us on a high level)
...so we can make it(very likey) into platinum after the next season(also the three others?), to form an top6-exklusiv platinum league?
some sarcasm is needed here, it seems.

sry Inno, but you really have to evaluate your ranking system once again....or at least spread out the most acitve guilds better when hitting the live servers
this start was pretty harsh and demotivating for many guild-mates(and I guess many other players also)

kaymedic

Marquis
So for instance if a GBG is very close and there is no big difference between first and last (because all were participating a lot), is it also possible that the last guild will stay in the league or will they drop to the lower one?

kaymedic

Marquis
sry Inno, but you really have to evaluate your ranking system once again....or at least spread out the most acitve guilds better when hitting the live servers
this start was pretty harsh and demotivating for many guild-mates(and I guess many other players also)

But wouldn't that be demotivating for all the other guilds? The best guilds should be in the best league. Thats how ranking works normally

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
hello
I do not see any ranking, nor the points that make up classification
I look forward to Thursday to see if there are rankings and if the results change
otherwise, no investment will be of interest as it is not rewarded
So the prestige per league seems to be:

Bronze 450 (Edit: at least for Bronze Rank 3)

[EDIT: below are assumptions based on bad data... prestige might be defined by more than just the league...]
Silver: 900 (pretty sure)
Gold: 1800 ~ 2200 (1800 when extrapolating from Bronze/Silver; 2200 when comparing yesterdays and todays prestige values)
Platinum: 3600 ~ 4200 (3600 when extrapolating from Bronze/Silver; 4200 when comparing yesterdays and todays prestige values)
Diamond: 7200 (pure guess)

Can anybody confirm?

How many Diamond Leagues can there be?
One diamond league.... When the leagues are balanced out after a couple seasons there is supposed to be a 10/25/30/25/10 split between the leagues IIRC.

Last edited:

aragon82

Merchant
But wouldn't that be demotivating for all the other guilds? The best guilds should be in the best league. Thats how ranking works normally

Got it, but what about a tournament where top4 tennis-player eliminate each other before quarter-finals?
Looks wired? Read my post above, thats what happend in our first GBG-season.

kaymedic

Marquis
Got it, but what about a tournament where top4 tennis-player eliminate each other before quarter-finals?

It is not a tournament like tennis, but a league like football (the real one ;)). The best guilds (teams) should play against each other. But i get your point. the best guilds should be placed into diamond league and may be relegated into platinum after a weak round.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
The comparison to a KO match is lacking... also one of the "top4" went up to the next league ;D

The leagues will fill up quite quickly I assume - there have probably been only 2 or 3 different battlegrounds in gold league in the last season. There still are only about 40 guilds (5 Battlegrounds worth) in gold league. That is still far from the envisioned 30% - not to speak of the 25% for platinum and the 10% for diamond... lots of guilds will rank up to gold in the next couple seasons and also lots of guilds will go up to platinum and later diamond - much less guilds will get demoted...

relegated
"demoted" would be the better term here

"relegation" means kind of the opposite - "prevention of ranking up/down" as in soccer, where the third of the lower league and the third from last of the higher league go against each other to decide whether they switch leagues or they stay in their respective leagues...

kaymedic

Marquis
"demoted" would be the better term here

"relegation" means kind of the opposite - "prevention of ranking up/down" as in soccer, where the third of the lower league and the third from last of the higher league go against each other to decide whether they switch leagues or they stay in their respective leagues...

relegation is correct for a league system ;)

Maybe you are reffering to "relegation games" but this term is not used in the correct way. It just means that the winner is not relegated.

DeletedUser10112

So the prestige per league seems to be:
Bronze 450 (definitely)
Silver: 900 (pretty sure)
Gold: 1800 ~ 2200 (1800 when extrapolating from Bronze/Silver; 2200 when comparing yesterdays and todays prestige values)
Platinum: 3600 ~ 4200 (3600 when extrapolating from Bronze/Silver; 4200 when comparing yesterdays and todays prestige values)
Diamond: 7200 (pure guess)
for what i see prestige is given by the number of victory points achivied. not by league classification.
the number 1 guild in my silver league achieved 2200 prestige, while we in second get only 1100.
therefore you need to constantly battle throughout the eleven days of GBG , not just controle your opponent.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
the number 1 guild in my silver league achieved 2200 prestige, while we in second get only 1100.
Hm... might be dependent on the ranking in the last battleground...
EDIT: found very inconsistent data - so there definitely is more than just the league defining the prestige...

silly question, but did you deduct the prestige you get from your guild level and from other sources?

Also: did the other guild maybe rank up to gold?

Last edited:

DeletedUser10112

silly question, but did you deduct the prestige you get from your guild level and from other sources?

Also: did the other guild maybe rank up to gold?

the prestige from guild level is constant , only have to check if they have new sectors on GVG. but i think not. their prestige is pretty constant. and no. they dind't make it to gold legue. that's why leagues are based on VP/hour not league standing.

they controled the 1st place since day one. when they should be agressive an obtain the most VP/hour all the time

Nessie

Baronet
It is not a tournament like tennis, but a league like football (the real one ;)). The best guilds (teams) should play against each other. But i get your point. the best guilds should be placed into diamond league and may be relegated into platinum after a weak round.

That may be so, however I seriously hope this doesn't mean that our guild ALWAYS gets the same guilds as opponents !!!

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
our guild ALWAYS gets the same guilds as opponents !!!
If you are currently in gold, it is very likely that you will meet the same guilds as opponent over and over (probably not every season but most of them) - especially as you will most definitely rank up into the higher leagues shortly and these are still quite empty. Only when at some point the Diamond and Platinum Leagues are beginning to fill up, you can expect to meet different opponents.