• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Do you like the changes done to the Siege Camp and Watchtower?

• Yes

Votes: 34 30.9%
  • No

Votes: 74 67.3%
  • Undecided (please post why)

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dessire

Regent
Please remember that the main goal of GbG is give guilds another way to achieve the first place in the ranking and members of any guild should play it to make their guilds victorious, not play it to get personal rewards.

Due siege camps, a lot of players have forgotten that and they take care about the number of battles and rewards they can get by doing "unimited" battles thanks to siege camps.

The sense of put an effort to make your guild the number one has been forgotten since a long time ago.

This new update helps that sense be remembered. Any guild vs guild feature should exist to transform your guild in a powerful and respected one, not to get personal rewards, something that has been making players move from one guild to another only to be part of a guild with enough resources to build siege camps.

Please add this amazing update as soon as possible in the live servers please!

Fenix

Viceroy
I really, really have to find this sentence "we want to see the long term effects of this change" a little disturbing. And the effects of allowing the same players and the same guilds do countless of battles, leaving all other players (a lot, a lot of players) fighting for scraps?

ONLY THE CAP IS NEEDED

jtrucker

Baronet
My feedback for you guys... A bit late, I know, but I haven't engaged in battlegrounds before, only recently I tried more. And luckily, I could try all the ways:
I'm in small guild on live, so when we get to diamond league, we get locked out by the large guilds, this particular season on live we cannot get even to the neighboring provinces. It sucks.
Then we (obviously) drop to Platinum league where we have a chance. I even tried to "win the clicking contest" and I took almost the whole map overnight and ended up with ONLY some 11 attrition (having 4-5 camps everywhere). Gosh, my hand, not hand, the whole arm hurt. That's crazy and I did no like it, but I know that many players do this over and over I just wanted to try it so I can actually give the feedback from personal knowledge.
And then I play here on Beta in fairly large guild but with only limited amount of really active players. So I can see how it goes with the modified siege camps.
All after all, here is my 5 cents.
I like it. I like it a lot.
It is much more pleasurable, because nobody locks up the whole map (or two guilds lock up the rest of guilds - that doesn't happen anymore). All single player can take if there is 5 siege camps, is one whole province per 24 hours, not 10 provinces several times a day.
All the people screaming bloody murder now, are just greedy who screw up the game for anyone else. It is much more fair and enjoyable and less time consuming (you simply CANNOT spend that many hours clicking on the map over and over).
If you look up my history, I didn't give that many positive feedback, I felt that many "improvements" were rather for worse, but this particular one, thank you very much.
I can't wait for it to be on live server, yesterday would have been too late already.
Btw I believe 66.6% is just the right amount, 75% (as were suggested here on forum) would be too much IMO.

Hope it helped.

Yekk

Viceroy
This league my guild is up against somewhat even opponents. 2 guilds that should be in platinum and the rest 1K or D-lite. Much more enjoyable league. I still am against your version of the nerf as next league will be back to to many platinum guilds.

Demeter7

Squire
Please, Please, Please implement this change or do something to help us! Many players are getting turned off of GBG. It is no longer fun when we have so many seasons that we can not even get onto the map because 2 or 3 powerhouse guilds keep the whole map locked up swapping every 4 hours. This is seriously a terrible situation. GBG is not fun for most of us.

Demeter7

Squire
Maybe Inno could add up the player points of all players in a guild, and group the guilds on a map in each league accordingly. And also determine the number of guilds on the map by the the total player points. Like 4 per map for guilds with the highest total player points. Then 5, 6, 7, 8 accordingly.
So then the guilds in Diamond league with the highest player points would be playing against each other, and the guilds with the lowest total player points would be playing against each other.

There must be some way so that these powerhouse guilds are not on the same map with very good guilds that deserve to be in Diamond but can not keep up with the powerhouse guilds.

Demeter7

Squire
I don't think that we can wait until next year for Inno to do something about this. Every GBG season, players are getting more and more discouraged. We can't keep going with this situation. Most guilds can not even play the game, because every season 2 guilds control the map, while 6 other guilds are beached.

Demeter7

Squire
I hope that you realize that it is the bully guilds who are trying to bully you into stopping this change, just as they bully the other guilds. They want to keep their "power" to keep other guilds from participating. They are greedy, and they want the map for themselves. Please consider that most of your players are not in these bully guilds, and although we may be the silent majority, we are the ones who suffer.
Something needs to be done, please.

Matto1

Farmer
I wanted to give this change a fair shot before commenting, so this is my first (and will likely be my only) reply on the matter.

The intent of this change was supposedly to stop 'big' guilds from dominating maps over smaller guilds. And even to simply stop some players from farming GBG all day with 4+ SCs touching every tile for free hits. Sadly, in my experience, none of these things are true. I've watched as big guilds continue to dominate. Guilds with 80 members who can fight to 100+ attrition are still stomping small and medium size guilds into dust. Why? Because even with these changes, those guilds can easily control the map all day. Sure, each member gains some attrition, but every other guild is tapped out by midday, leaving the big guild with tons of players with tons of attrition left to continue running rampant, as they see fit. And those players who used to fight all day without gaining attrition? They're still fighting all day. Even at 66% cap, they are still getting hundreds of fights in without issue. The irony is this change adversely affects the smaller and medium sized guilds the most. The rift between them and top guilds has only grown more absurd. For instance, a good friend of mine is in a 9 person guild. They used to participate in Diamond league without issue cause everyone would participate, and once they got a foothold, they had no trouble keeping up. But now, the big guilds just roll them back each night and they spend all their attrition the next morning getting out of their hole, and then have nothing left to hold their position at the end of the day. Before they could work together to rush necessary provinces throughout the day, but with no chance of ever getting consistent free hits, they are reduced to breaking out of their base every morning. Last I heard, a few of them left the guild - either quit the game or joined bigger guilds, I don't know. So essentially this change is working to help prop up the biggest guilds and decimate the smaller guilds. Medium guilds have a slightly better chance, but are still being punished.

Why you saw fit to make this change regarding the way SCs and WTs perform is beyond me. A simple cap on either hits per day per player, or even better, tiles that can be conquered per day by each guild, would have likely led to a better outcome. It should really be obvious that this was the wrong strategy when you claim there was overwhelming support for a change before you made it, yet every single season this change has been in effect, there's been overwhelming opposition to it. My serious recommendation is that you try something else. If this change comes to live servers, there will likely be anarchy and/or a mass exodus from the game. If nothing else, you will see a massive decrease in diamond expenditures, and we all know what that means.

This is the best idea Inno had since the start of GBG. However, it just lingers here in beta for half a year... RELEASE IT IN THE LIVE SERVERS ALREADY!!
At this moment GBG is a dead product, which definitely doesn't deserve the name "Battleground". You might just as well rename it "Farmingground".
As long as a player can do an unlimited number of fights per day, in each season will exist only two guilds, those who are fastest in agreeing to an alliance. Once this is done, all the other guilds are condemned to do close to nothing the whole season, as the two allied guilds can pin them in their HQs. This, of course, due to the attrition reduction buildings.
In my opinion even the 66.6% cap is too much, it should be substantially less.

My feedback/suggestion is being posted here instead of the main server forums as the main server forums indicate that any suggestion revolving around GbG will be denied immediately, however, my suggestion does not have anything to do with the attempted rebalancing of the watchtower/siege camp issue... My suggestion deals with the goods costs for buildings.

Specifically, In every league, each building costs the same goods total PER building, yet in every league, the rewards are tapered. If Diamond league is used as a benchmark (since it rewards 10 points possible), and Platinum is 7 points, all the way down to 2 points in copper, why can the costs of buildings not be adjusted per league as well?

Benefits: Smaller guilds with less activity and smaller guild treasuries would have more ability to build supporting buildings to allow members to fight/negotiate more, and encourage more activity without straining the guild treasury as much.

Possible risks? None. Larger top guilds won't want to drop down leagues and take fewer fights and smaller rewards just to save on treasury goods, as most top guilds are well established and able to produce enough goods to support the treasury.

Not looking for an increase of rewards or anything, but the ability to have equity across the leagues. Copper, Silver, and Gold league guilds paying Diamond League prices for buildings which they get far less use out of is incredible and should be remedied.

Demeter7

Squire
An idea - Maybe you can have an "opt-in" league for 1000 Diamond level, with only 2-4 guilds per map. Those guilds could then battle each other without locking out all of the other guilds.
The farming in GBG is out of hand, as you know from this test. If it was all battles, then it would be more fair to all. But the farming has turned some guilds into greedy bullies. Let those bullies play with each other, instead of pushing other guilds out of the game.

Yekk

Viceroy
Last league proved the nerf does not stop checkerboarding. My guild is medium strong. We played against a stronger guild, Asgard, that is a bit more hardcore. 2 other guilds were 1K in ability. They held a few tiles. The other 4 were weak and did nothing...They would have been better in a lower league. My guilds fight total was 50K for the season. I extrapolate that 150K fights are easily possible for a real strong full guild in the right matchup. Given that you still have a busted system...

Okey i just understood this thread :D
So
First of all. The ability to fight all day is not a problem - its the value of the top guild. There is nothing bad in ability to play all day. You all should make us players stay as long as we can. More fights>more unit lost>more diamonds for heal etc.
Morover, if the rewards are problem - please take them away. We dont play for them (i am in top polish guild on server E in terms of GB) i know what i am talking.
Many players are farming - ok, they will stop. But top want fight.
Second - The chessboard problem
Its caused only becasue of no point in fighting. My server has few guild that hate each other - we always fight.
But others does not. Lack of prestige points difference is the main problem. Winning or takin 4th place - does not affect ranking. Still getting 1000LPx18

To sum up. As beta shows, nerf does not solve the chessboard problem. The guilds are still doing it, they just use more resources (army lsot and good) The amount of goods and units are ending. GvG is eating it endlesly. W/o reason to foght, chessboards will occur always.

In my opinion, if this comes to live i reall will put traps in front of every small guild - so they will not disturb big boys.
We will exchange in 1,2,3 circle on small map (w/o sector near to otehr guilds- there will be traps so they use all power on one sector and bye bye.
In big map it will be even easier, 1-4 for exchange. rest for traps.
It is sad, it is awful but this nerf will not help the small ones as you wish. Its not the way.
It will only make top guidl suffer more, but we will still be doing chessboards.
Moreover i think that chessboards will be more often to minimalize loses in GB.

Kommodor

Merchant
a game with zero attrition is utopia. I offer for consideration the following version of the continuation of the nerf. the percentage of camps remains as it is 66.6, but we add in the guilds for example 50 level +1%, 70 -+1%, 85 - +1%, 95 -+1%, 100 + 1%, and we also introduce an additional reward as an example fields (statue of the winner (levels 5-10) which, for example, at level 10 gives good FP bonuses to the attack of defense as a terracotta army (+ 10-20%) and also 10-25 fights without increasing attrition and +8.34% to reducing attrition. and the fragments of the statue of the winner are received by the real winners - those guild players who during the season brought 500 or more points on the fields ...

vakini

Squire
Have FoE looked at the use of diamonds before the change and after?
my estimate is that the players dosent ude as mutch diamonds after the rebalance has been introduced

Status
Not open for further replies.