• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Do you like the changes done to the Siege Camp and Watchtower?

• Yes

Votes: 34 30.9%
  • No

Votes: 74 67.3%
  • Undecided (please post why)

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenix

Viceroy
What does he say...
I'm not going to make any comments on what Inno can do to make battlegrounds more effective for more players and more guilds.
This forum is to comment on the change that is being tested - a limit on how much attrition can be reduced.

Once again, in this battlegrounds, I'm getting almost three times as many fights as I averaged in the 7 seasons before the change.
Why is that you might ask? I surmise that it's because now there are fights to be had. Once the heavy hitters in my guild have maxed their attrition, I can easily find fights that have 3 and 4 SC support. I max out around 70 attrition with about 150 fights. I'm quite satisfied with those results.

In my live city, my guild is in diamond lite - and we are sharing the map with two other guilds.
Yesterday I had 1,029 fights. And that placed me as number 31 in the top fighter list in our server. WHAT?
Yep, the top 8 fighters had more than 2,000 each with the top at 2,749

I'm ready for this change to go live. Yes, it will sometimes cut my fights (when we're in diamond lite, or in main diamond and being allowed to share part of the map - that happens about 1 in three times) - but I'm OK with that since it will open the map up for those guilds that want to participate but have been prevented from doing so just because there are no fights to be had.

The extra 700 or so fights I got yesterday will now go to one of three places:
1. Members of my guild who didn't get all they wanted (this is the least likely - I think everyone got all they wanted)
2. Members of other guilds that we blocked from getting fights on tiles
3. Won't be taken, because the other guilds aren't really all that interested.

Based on our map in Beta this season, I'm guessing that number 2 is the most likely.
We have 5 guilds that are actively grabbing tiles this season - usually our guild and one other will control the map - with all the other guilds lucky to have 2 or 3 tiles.

Conclusion: I favor the change -
That may be a bit selfish, since I see it favoring me in Beta and also in live more often than not.
I see it favoring my small but active guild in live when we are in full diamond.
It will reduce the control of the map by my guild in diamond lite - but most of us get bored by day 8 or 9 anyway.
There's only so many mouse clicks you can do.

Yekk

Regent
X1 has changed hands a few times. It has 3 slots but the other guild does not build on it so we do not either. Such a failure Juber but it is your failure...

Yekk

Regent
I do not like the nerf. I believe it was not well thought out. That said I will suggest a few changes. The 66% is to low. The cap does not get guilds to build.

I suggest the base SC go to 30%. Extra SC being multiplicative not by addition to a max of 5.
1 SC is 30%
2 SC would be 51% /players would approximately double their fights over no reduced attrition
3 SC would be 66% /players would approximately triple their fights
4 SC would be 75% /players would approximately quadruple their fights
5 SC would be 83% /players would approximately quintuple their fights with this being the cap.
Traps done the same and to be figured after SC

Max number of fights for a player capable of 100 attrition would be 500. This would entice guilds to build.

But the above does not address guild placement or unfair boards where all the slots are in a small area. Both need to be addressed. There are many suggested solutions for these in the discussion thread.

Gazza07

Farmer
Your going to destroy your own game with these changes, A lot of players that are happy with the game as it was probably don't even bother looking here, you are listening to all the moaners that want every thing for nothing, The changes just cripple every player from gaining any decent benefits from the GBG including low level players, the changes solve nothing and just cripple every one.

just daby

Farmer
My whole guild dislike the new system. Participation is dropping, as is interest in the game. It seems that every good part of the game gets adjusted for the worse. I believe that if this gets to the live servers a lot of people will stop playing

Soleil

Farmer
Bonjour,
J'aimerais connaître la raison de ce changement s'il vous plaît.
Impossible de discuter sans la connaître.
Merci de vos réponses.

If anyone actually reads these feedback - since the nerf on beta I am spending around 10 min a day in FoE GBG and my attrition is maxed. On live server I am in FoE GBG almost all day long trying to keep my attrition low and keep searching fights.

Frankly I will be glad if Inno brings GBG nerf to live, I will finally stop spending so much time in FoE and spend more time in RL or my other games

Kerstin1972

Farmer
I do NOT recommend the Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance. The new system keeps small family guilds being slowed down and large guilds that are strong in battle (strong in members) have an even greater advantage! LG Kerstin72

Fenix

Viceroy
You asked. What does he say...

There is not a single post within this thread where its goals are in line with INNO's, and that is getting our dollars into their pockets. We as a group do not have the data but there is a reason they are making this change...

Anyway, it would be nice if INNO found a way to correct the GBG issues in a way that would encourage the guilds to want to actually battle. The 100/96 AF needs to go, without question.

And, have I already said that the cap is all it takes? Nothing else needed.

SabreHawk

Farmer
Pathfinder
Remember, those who dislike are more prone to respond, while those who like it won't because it does not "gore their ox."

blueskydwg

Steward
Since the change I've been averaging more than 3 times as many battles as the average in the 5 seasons before the change.
This is entirely due to the whales in my guild being forced to leave fights available with strong SC support.
It also seems that more lower level guilds (still in full diamond) are able to take advantage of the open tiles.

Time to move to live servers.

Yekk

Regent
3 strong guilds this league. Little guilds are finding it tough to get out. I expect they will be held to their in tiles more than not. Beta though does not work together. On live we would have them stuffed.

Status
Not open for further replies.