• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Do you like the changes done to the Siege Camp and Watchtower?

• Yes

Votes: 34 30.9%
  • No

Votes: 74 67.3%
  • Undecided (please post why)

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Demeter7

Squire
I really, really hope that Inno does something to fix Guild Battlegrounds very, very soon. I don't think that I can play this game for one more month in its current state. GBG is a mess. And we have a player in Houndsmoor who gets away with having dozens of alt accounts, using them to cheat in GvG and otherwise harass and intimidate everyone, believing that he runs the world. All in all this game is not fun anymore!

mcbluefire

Baronet
There is no use leaving a change on beta that is never going to go to live, at least not in it's current state. It makes testing for bugs useless.

nice2haveu

Baronet
GBG balancing ....

Inside GBG Map changes:

If any guild member open the GBG map, only the member's guild name and guild icon should be represented correctly. Other guild names should be given names like Guild 1, Guild 2...etc and common guild battle (or new) icon for all other guilds in the GBG map. Even the guild logs also represents the same pattern. And in guild ranking window also same modification. Once the season gets over, if our guild placed in top 3 position just mention which position we achieved in the resulting window. If no position achieved, just say "better luck next time". Do not display the other top 3 guild names in the final resulting window. Flag and sector colors no changes needed.

Appending the logic suggested by joyfulrider for my suggestion of hiding guild names,
They can hide the names as per their wish, and If they want to reveal any guild names, ask them to spend diamonds in a incremental pattern or real money.

Diamonds:
1st attempt - 6500
2nd attempt - 10000
3rd attempt - 10000
4th attempt - 15000
5th attempt - 15000
6th attempt - 20000
7th attempt - 20000

Real Cash:

Guild name reveal item (something new item Dev's can think of releasing it to ) purchase from forge plus package where the item amount team can decide based on the server location market price and per season only 7 purchase max only possible for that item. When players purchase, guild name revealing done automatically, which guild name is system decision only

Live Servers GBG Match-up Logic:
Make the guild GBG match ups by including same server with different worlds like GE with additional algorithm steps like,
- From every world collect all guild details in the given server where we play GBG.

- Next, calculate the average attacking army 'attack' strength of each guild present in every world.
How? by collecting attacking army attack strength of every member in the guild, find the total attack strength value of all members in the guild and divide it with total members count and round off the value to the nearest number. Final number is the average attack strength of entire guild.

- By doing above step to all guilds, we got all guilds average attack strength from the current server. Now List them in the descending order like highest to lower. There are chances to see duplicates average value to few of the guilds, If that happens descending order gets decided based on the following things,
guild creation date or total members count or total members with higher age/era or just by guild name alphabetical order.

- Now we have the highest to lowest guild listing based on the average attacking army attack strength.
From this, make a partition of 8 guilds starting from top to bottom of the list, and initiate the GBG match-ups for each partition set of 8 guilds.
Only last partition set gets the chance of not having 8 guilds depending on the total guild count from all worlds in the server.

Beta Server Logic:
- Beta server has only one world, so algorithm steps will be limited to guilds available in that world.
- Except multiple world guild mixing concept, remaining live server steps are applicable to the beta server.

Known Facts:
Not picked the attacking army defense strength to get the overall strength. It plays an major role for some guilds in the GBG. If Attack strength zero, having 1000 attacking army defense percentage strength also end-up losing only. So didn't pick the guilds match-ups with attacking army defense strength value. But it is the only secret weapon in this approach for all the guild players doing GBG battles.

Last edited:

Demeter7

Squire
I am seriously considering leaving this game shortly. So are many others. We are discouraged at Inno's lack of caring that GBG is broken. It is no fun for a major portion of your players. We are not going to wait another year to see if MAYBE something is done.

to solve some problems in GBG i suggest the following changes:
1. make the flags from other guilds unvisible
2. remove the traps and fortress
These two changes makes the rebalancing of sc obsolet, avoid a chess plan and the blocks against smaller guilds and brings moore fun

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Please install this nerf on live servers.
Between players who get tired of fighting too much and those who are tired of never being able to fight, stopping too many players affects the survival of many guilds.

slamm

Farmer
I have 4 cities on 4 worlds and have played several years. If GE5 goes live, I'm out. I don't want to spend my time sorting fragments and other busy work; I want to fight and build. I'm already looking for a suitable replacement. And GbG is now part of the problem. Not fun anymore, only the 2 or three strongest guilds participate

Fenix

Viceroy
Just to vent some steam: so they don't apply these changes to the markets (which are fair and necessary), they want to make sure everything is fine, and implement brutal changes at GE, without any kind of care...

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
It's a good time to apply this nerf on live servers, so players will understand the pointlessness of continuing to increase their red % and start eating up space in their city for blue %!

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
If it takes a year of testing to verify that the balance you want is achieved, you really need to review your programming principles.
I'm in favor of this nerf and I think I'll have a lot of patience for it to come to the live servers.

As much as some tests should be applied later on the live servers, the GbG nerfs show a total lack of respect for the communities.

Whether you remove this nerf from the beta server (which would sadden me, I'm expecting so much from the live servers) or apply it to the live servers, it's high time to make a decision!

-Alin-

Emperor
If it takes a year of testing to verify that the balance you want is achieved, you really need to review your programming principles.
I'm in favor of this nerf and I think I'll have a lot of patience for it to come to the live servers.

As much as some tests should be applied later on the live servers, the GbG nerfs show a total lack of respect for the communities.

Whether you remove this nerf from the beta server (which would sadden me, I'm expecting so much from the live servers) or apply it to the live servers, it's high time to make a decision!

It seems for now the GbG nerf is removed from beta, but we know some things will be changed again in the near future, and mainly is the required blue stats in GbG too, and some different buildings that will be used in GbG. :def_defender:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
It seems for now the GbG nerf is removed from beta, but we know some things will be changed again in the near future, and mainly is the required blue stats in GbG too, and some different buildings that will be used in GbG. :def_defender:
I saw thank you unlike you who did not notice that my monthly reminder dates from before the announcement of the deletion.

nice2haveu

Baronet
I like this randomness. Unfortunately it will be bypassed very quickly. Top guilds will be creating interguild threads where they coordinate "who is who" pattern and then here we go again.
Interguild threads?? how many guilds and members they will include in it. Also, How they know which guild and members if it is not allowed to view guild details and members detail.

Interguild threads?? how many guilds and members they will include in it. Also, How they know which guild and members if it is not allowed to view guild details and members detail.
Interguild threads are commonplace during a GBG season at the D1K level. Sector swapping guilds frequently establish a thread that includes all of the GBG leaders. At the end of the season everyone leaves the conversation. It is "allowed" to view guild and member details. The GBG Leaderboard provides all of the necessary information.

mcbluefire

Baronet
Folks are great at working around things like this. Very easy to say... alright, our guild is on the south base, we took c3x and are now working on c2T. Other guild: Oh, yeah! See ya there. We are on the north doing blah, blah. First guild: Yep! See you. Alright....let's partner.

mcbluefire

Baronet
I've read all this feedback here. There were some really good ideas. What I don't see listed at all in the ideas were:
A way to easily identify attrition with colors. (Don't get me wrong...this looks kind of cool).
The need for MORE GbG Province Buildings.

But, yet, that's exactly what what has been produced so far. It's too bad the devs+marketing+community managers don't actually convey what's being developed so this community can extrapolate, provide feedback, and provide a general tone of acceptance or "why bother?" I mean who would want to utilize a resource like that? /sigh

Last edited:

nice2haveu

Baronet
Folks are great at working around things like this. Very easy to say... alright, our guild is on the south base, we took c3x and are now working on c2T. Other guild: Oh, yeah! See ya there. We are on the north doing blah, blah. First guild: Yep! See you. Alright....let's partner.
Interguild threads are commonplace during a GBG season at the D1K level. Sector swapping guilds frequently establish a thread that includes all of the GBG leaders. At the end of the season everyone leaves the conversation. It is "allowed" to view guild and member details. The GBG Leaderboard provides all of the necessary information.
All GbG leaders, if one guild says and all other guild will wait for them to hit the sector. You guys believe that will happen like this, every guild irrespective of which guild appear first try to conquer the centre area in GbG map. Also how many guild leaders will they discuss to find the match. Leaderboard won't display the guild and guild member details. It's a complete restriction to block guild related details in the suggestion given but quoted as "allowed". No it should not be allowed. Those GbG leaders are strong enough to do battles in GbG only and not excel in finding the needle in the haystack. Even if they find one guild, they need to find all 8 guilds, it is not so easy to do it. It is only easy by saying in the text message here, but practically it is not an easy one and maintains complete balance.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
All GbG leaders, if one guild says and all other guild will wait for them to hit the sector. You guys believe that will happen like this, every guild irrespective of which guild appear first try to conquer the centre area in GbG map. Also how many guild leaders will they discuss to find the match. Leaderboard won't display the guild and guild member details. It's a complete restriction to block guild related details in the suggestion given but quoted as "allowed". No it should not be allowed. Those GbG leaders are strong enough to do battles in GbG only and not excel in finding the needle in the haystack. Even if they find one guild, they need to find all 8 guilds, it is not so easy to do it. It is only easy by saying in the text message here, but practically it is not an easy one and maintains complete balance.
The permanent-1ks would discuss it with each other. There's not *that* many of them. And if none of your regular buddies are in your group you know which guilds to check next.

Would have to be cross-world to truly obscure the situation.

nice2haveu

Baronet
The permanent-1ks would discuss it with each other. There's not *that* many of them. And if none of your regular buddies are in your group you know which guilds to check next.

Would have to be cross-world to truly obscure the situation.
It's suggested as same server but cross world only. Its like GE algorithm. Have explained the steps also. With this, still easy to do like making the comment means, how can I be convinced.

Status
Not open for further replies.