• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

There's one guild on our world where there is pretty good evidence that they either scripted and/or used the exploit at GBG start and when they got behind on flagging sectors (I've seen video that was consistent with use of the exploit). The player who was doing this has basically quit playing on our world and so that guild has slowed down considerably.
Doesn't address the question of why this alleged cheater was tolerated by his/her fellow guildmates. I'm not saying that cheating doesn't happen. Gamers are not perfect. If illicit shortcuts can be found, I have no doubt that some knuckleheads will try to exploit them. I'm just saying that I don't think that cheating is as pervasive as some believe.

Doesn't address the question of why this alleged cheater was tolerated by his/her fellow guildmates. I'm not saying that cheating doesn't happen. Gamers are not perfect. If illicit shortcuts can be found, I have no doubt that some knuckleheads will try to exploit them. I'm just saying that I don't think that cheating is as pervasive as some believe.
Depends on the world. On our world cheating in GBG and GvG is limited to a very small pool of players. Alts are very common though. The social climate of our world discourages scripting to any great extent though. In that case, my guess is that the guild mates tolerated it because it gave them position for GBG negotiations, and kept them from falling too far behind their swap partner.

mcbluefire

Baronet
Depends on the world. On our world cheating in GBG and GvG is limited to a very small pool of players. Alts are very common though. The social climate of our world discourages scripting to any great extent though. In that case, my guess is that the guild mates tolerated it because it gave them position for GBG negotiations, and kept them from falling too far behind their swap partner.

I get the issue that "bots" or other work-a-rounds are used, but unless the player using it has enough attack boost to overcome 150 attrition, they are not going to be able to carry a guild out of home and across the map.

While in GbG I don't see an easy case for getting 100+ hits on a sector with a bot when the more likely explanation is 20 players hitting every few seconds.

For those using any cheats to get in tons of hits and only on free sectors... they are messing over their own guildmates even more than the opponents of the guild.

I get the issue that "bots" or other work-a-rounds are used, but unless the player using it has enough attack boost to overcome 150 attrition, they are not going to be able to carry a guild out of home and across the map.

While in GbG I don't see an easy case for getting 100+ hits on a sector with a bot when the more likely explanation is 20 players hitting every few seconds.

For those using any cheats to get in tons of hits and only on free sectors... they are messing over their own guildmates even more than the opponents of the guild.
That particular player was suspected to have multiple alts in the guild so when one ran out of attrition they just moved to the next alt.

That particular player was suspected to have multiple alts in the guild so when one ran out of attrition they just moved to the next alt.
Except that this is a violation of INNO's rules how does this harm the other guilds? One player playing five alts will be 5x slower than five players each playing a single account. As a cheat, alts might be good for pushing goods/fps from one city to another but in GBG I don't see how they make sense.

Except that this is a violation of INNO's rules how does this harm the other guilds? One player playing five alts will be 5x slower than five players each playing a single account. As a cheat, alts might be good for pushing goods/fps from one city to another but in GBG I don't see how they make sense.
That player having 5 alts has many more fights available in Nerfed GBG.... More Fights = More Rewards/Sectors

That player having 5 alts has many more fights available in Nerfed GBG.... More Fights = More Rewards/Sectors
Illogical. The person playing the 5 alts will get more fights and collect more rewards but the fights, and the rewards, will be spread across five cities, not aggregated. From an opposing guild's perspective, one person playing five slots is preferable to five players each playing a single account because the alts will be slower because there is only one person controlling them.

Illogical. The person playing the 5 alts will get more fights and collect more rewards but the fights, and the rewards, will be spread across five cities, not aggregated. From an opposing guild's perspective, one person playing five slots is preferable to five players each playing a single account because the alts will be slower because there is only one person controlling them.
How this affects other guilds is that this player can cheat more because they can spread the attrition over more accounts. This is especially true in a fighting season where this player can use cheats to win races.

Beta King

Viceroy
Aren't we all so glad that this idea has been permanently tabled as far as live servers are concerned at least! Collective sigh of relief! Now we wait until something better can be suggested and tried...

joyfulrider

Squire
Aren't we all so glad that this idea has been permanently tabled as far as live servers are concerned at least! Collective sigh of relief! Now we wait until something better can be suggested and tried...
Almost a year full of discussions and not able to conclude on one final suggestion, there's nothing to be feel glad. Same worries, same enjoyments continues for the players as long as some common approach puts an end to this repeated discussions and game approach.

Beta King

Viceroy
Almost a year full of discussions and not able to conclude on one final suggestion, there's nothing to be feel glad. Same worries, same enjoyments continues for the players as long as some common approach puts an end to this repeated discussions and game approach.
Well the good part is that it has been thoroughly tested in beta and deemed not viable in its current form so it will not go to live as it is but on the other hand does seem to be a great addition for beta so it will forever live on beta which is ok because beta was created for testing new material not an additional live server for people to play that don't want to pay for diamonds so its like a deterrent for those players that never intended on providing helpful feedback only wanting to play with free diamonds.

nice2haveu

Baronet
not an additional live server for people to play that don't want to pay for diamonds so its like a deterrent for those players that never intended on providing helpful feedback only wanting to play with free diamonds.
Beta is for testing the functionality, there is no degree/status to maintain with players using diamonds. Any new functionality should cover entire audience, irrespective of players using diamonds or not. No one is paying salary to test the functionality, so people play with free diamonds or paying money for diamonds are not to be questioned or considered here. Helpful feedbacks are most welcome irrespective of which kind of players giving it.

Beta King

Viceroy
Beta is for testing the functionality, there is no degree/status to maintain with players using diamonds. Any new functionality should cover entire audience, irrespective of players using diamonds or not. No one is paying salary to test the functionality, so people play with free diamonds or paying money for diamonds are not to be questioned or considered here. Helpful feedbacks are most welcome irrespective of which kind of players giving it.
But the diamonds are the payment for players to do beta testing right? I did see some complaints in the forum where beta players also have to pay real cash to unlock the "premium tier" of event prizes even in beta so im guessing this is to only keep the income since i think there are players that dont play on live servers only in beta cause you get more for free.

nice2haveu

Baronet
But the diamonds are the payment for players to do beta testing right? I did see some complaints in the forum where beta players also have to pay real cash to unlock the "premium tier" of event prizes even in beta so im guessing this is to only keep the income since i think there are players that dont play on live servers only in beta cause you get more for free.
If beta players not spending money to purchase premium tier, then the functionality of purchase the premium pass is not tested in beta and directly given to live servers. No one forcing anyone to play and beta and live server together, though many still wish to do so.

If you are in beta, you are early customer of handling live server features in the game. That's all. Here diamond/money etc doesn't have any worth. If you pay money and play the game, company must be very happy that customers supporting company's growth and end product. If you are not paying and still playing the game, company still happy to have you as a good customer to support the end product getting released in beta.

Raspa

Merchant
Here is a proposal that should interest Inno:
1 siege camp set up = 50 diam's or 2 hours of waiting
a 2nd siege camp set up = 100 diam's or 2 hours of waiting
a 3rd siege camp set = 150 diam's or 2 hours of waiting
a 4th siege camp set = 200 diam's or 2 hours of waiting
a 5th siege camp set = 250 diam's or 2 hours of waiting
a 6th siege camp set = 300 diam's or 2 hours of waiting
and so on exponential payout.

Here is a proposal that should interest Inno:
1 siege camp set up = 50 diam's or 2 hours of waiting
a 2nd siege camp set up = 100 diam's or 2 hours of waiting
a 3rd siege camp set = 150 diam's or 2 hours of waiting
a 4th siege camp set = 200 diam's or 2 hours of waiting
a 5th siege camp set = 250 diam's or 2 hours of waiting
a 6th siege camp set = 300 diam's or 2 hours of waiting
and so on exponential payout.
you think this will change anything.? or that guilds will not spend this amount of diamonds? ;DD

joyfulrider

Squire
you think this will change anything.? or that guilds will not spend this amount of diamonds? ;DD
50diamond is very cheap. Just add two zeros 5000, 10000, 15000etc would be perfect. Still top guild can do and it's okay to let them spend that much(because they are top guild leaders and they won't say it is too much also). Also, for entire guild to get benefits, who donates that much diamonds can get new title called "Mr.Popular". Somehow we need to credit them and title can let them feel bit of happiness.

50diamond is very cheap. Just add two zeros 5000, 10000, 15000etc would be perfect. Still top guild can do and it's okay to let them spend that much(because they are top guild leaders and they won't say it is too much also). Also, for entire guild to get benefits, who donates that much diamonds can get new title called "Mr.Popular". Somehow we need to credit them and title can let them feel bit of happiness.
I can no longer tell the difference between sarcasm and real belief. Assuming this is the latter, how could this suggestion help the situation? No guilds will spend 5000+ diamonds rushing siege camps. Swapping guilds will just build the SCs and not rush them. They will be ready, and waiting, for the next swap. Sure, players will rack up more attrition during the day but not as much as with the nerf. This suggestion does not address INNO's concern about zero attrition but will make it even harder for the smaller guilds.

joyfulrider

Squire
I can no longer tell the difference between sarcasm and real belief. Assuming this is the latter, how could this suggestion help the situation? No guilds will spend 5000+ diamonds rushing siege camps. Swapping guilds will just build the SCs and not rush them. They will be ready, and waiting, for the next swap. Sure, players will rack up more attrition during the day but not as much as with the nerf. This suggestion does not address INNO's concern about zero attrition but will make it even harder for the smaller guilds.
No guilds...very true. But, can say no for any suggestion, without giving another suggestion is the worrying part. Mr.popular title which I mentioned was the classic example of being sarcastic for guilds can easily go with diamonds. Even I did the mistake of giving unreliable comment which doesn't match for all.