• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

nice2haveu

Baronet
GvG should be scrapped
Few years back, read somewhere like GvG is kept as a farewell memory of the develope and also complex to modify the details without the developer inputs, it has been decided like no changes in GvG at any situation. Not sure, if it was the original reason.

Also if GvG is removed, from GBG farming/checkers approach why to consider ranking. Ranking meaning will becomes as, which guild made more farming. From old map, checker approach in the middle circle is 4:4, now from the new map is 1:6 ratio of farming. Mostly/Always middle sector gets occupied by top 3 guilds only, which is 1:3 from 1:6. For top guilds, 1:3 is better than 4:4 from the GBG map change, not for the weaker or emerging guilds.

FoE team might have thought like keeping single sector in middle may avoid checkers from all (mostly top experienced) guilds. But guilds, sync up and adapt with the new change to make tight farming than before.

mcbluefire

Baronet
Few years back, read somewhere like GvG is kept as a farewell memory of the develope and also complex to modify the details without the developer inputs, it has been decided like no changes in GvG at any situation. Not sure, if it was the original reason.

Also if GvG is removed, from GBG farming/checkers approach why to consider ranking. Ranking meaning will becomes as, which guild made more farming. From old map, checker approach in the middle circle is 4:4, now from the new map is 1:6 ratio of farming. Mostly/Always middle sector gets occupied by top 3 guilds only, which is 1:3 from 1:6. For top guilds, 1:3 is better than 4:4 from the GBG map change, not for the weaker or emerging guilds.

FoE team might have thought like keeping single sector in middle may avoid checkers from all (mostly top experienced) guilds. But guilds, sync up and adapt with the new change to make tight farming than before.
/salute

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master

Hm, that's the worry part. But FoE for over a decade, why to stick with GvG, GBG and GE only. Why can't they bring something new like "Guild Campaign", an interesting completely new approach to satisfy the people by handling all the issues which are previously discussed. Not able to see something new other than events are always been a disappointing factor in the game.

nice2haveu

Baronet
Hm, that's the worry part. But FoE for over a decade, why to stick with GvG, GBG and GE only. Why can't they bring something new like "Guild Campaign", an interesting completely new approach to satisfy the people by handling all the issues which are previously discussed. Not able to see something new other than events are always been a disappointing factor in the game.
Guild campaign, Guild conquerors, Guild legends like these giving titles are so easy, but satisfying the players with all earlier issues and extra element to make them feel more fun are the challenging effort in bringing something new.

It is difficult to see 100% satisfaction on anything generally. Approximately ~5% crowd will be against to any new thing. To make 95% crowd to satisfy also problem here. No one to blame here. Only time can answer it!!

Beta King

Viceroy
True if they make a new better way to farm all day with more rewards then many people will move away from GBG and then they can nerf it and not many will be upset. Perfect plan i think.

Nick Banned

Merchant
We share your feelings about GBG, so, among other plans, we would like to revisit GBG later this year to introduce more changes that will hopefully help us improve the feature. Because of this, we will keep the current balancing on beta ...

Are you kidding us? 2/3 of the people don't want these changes. For which purpose you start a discussion and several polls?
In my eyes, you give zero f###s on our opinions and votes. Remove these "balancing" asap!

Lindsay

Merchant
If that’s the point of rebalance - to avoid checkers - the easiest way to do so is to make GBG between the FOE worlds. The same as the GE. Guilds won’t be able to communicate between each other. No communication -> no checkers -> no need in this weird rebalancing. Problem solved!

Beta King

Viceroy
If that’s the point of rebalance - to avoid checkers - the easiest way to do so is to make GBG between the FOE worlds. The same as the GE. Guilds won’t be able to communicate between each other. No communication -> no checkers -> no need in this weird rebalancing. Problem solved!
They will still communicate and do checker since many have a city in most of the worlds on the server like i do and if they did it across worlds like GE then leaders would make a city in every world just to communicate the swaps.

nice2haveu

Baronet
I think, you missed few of the feedback comments which are mentioned earlier, added the links for your reference which is on the same context of FoE world's logic and gave a clarification comment how it handles even in discord or other outside platform.

Yekk

Regent
Another thread has been discussing how guilds should be "picked" to make a league. It is off topic there so commenting here.
First, each world needs a listing done after each league showing guild rank in GBG. A simple item. On beta first would go to KYPIAPXOI with 35 firsts in diamond in the last 35 matches. Ranking guilds by how they have fared. Using the number of times in each league and how many wins they have in each makes a basic ranking.
Second add this to each guilds profile with no extra reward.
Third make a rotation of league matches. Some overpowering, some very balanced, and some in between. Guilds play a variety of guilds at, above or slightly below their ability.

I personally think 1K has to many guilds in it in most matches. I would prefer to see 5 guilds in each 1K.
I also think that tile treasury cost should follow rewards. For example but obviously needing fine tuning 1K being at full cost, D-lite at 85%, Platinum at 70%, Gold at 50%, and so forth. One cost for all breaks much of the spirit of how GBG plays. Reward should also be adjusted to which league a guild is in. Guild treasuries filled in the lower leagues as a placing reward as an example. Balance is achieved as low league give players lower FP rewards.

Emberguard

Emperor
whay? joke ammount of honor statue? Some potential?

You are saying about rewards for fighting. Get them away, we dont need them, we are not playing for them. I am talking about rewards at the end for taking place in GB tournament.... Jesus Christ, basic reading skill....
I comprehended what you were saying just fine. If people aren't motivated to move by what's already in end of season rewards, then merely increasing end of season rewards for lower positions will achieve nothing. All increasing the rewards for 7th place will achieve is getting people to try to remain in last. It won't get them to compete, neither will it improve their capabilities to compete.

You say we're not playing for rewards. If that were true then you wouldn't need end of season rewards either, and farming in Guild Battlegrounds wouldn't exist at all

Limit the diamond leauge to only 4 guilds in each session, then only 2 guilds get beached at worst.

Right now I'm in a session where one guild is 100% using bots, had 100 fights on us when we had 15 fights, 15 seconds after the sector opened. Totally blows and everyones just given up.

Limit the diamond leauge to only 4 guilds in each session, then only 2 guilds get beached at worst.

Right now I'm in a session where one guild is 100% using bots, had 100 fights on us when we had 15 fights, 15 seconds after the sector opened. Totally blows and everyones just given up.
With zero attrition, I can auto-battle about 8 fights in 15 seconds, start to finish, no bots or scripts. Many of my guild mates can do likewise. This means that it would take only 13 of us to complete 100 fights in 15 seconds. Where you see cheating, I see a strong guild doing what your guild seems incapable of doing. Just because you cannot do it does not mean that those who can are cheating.

With zero attrition, I can auto-battle about 8 fights in 15 seconds, start to finish, no bots or scripts. Many of my guild mates can do likewise. This means that it would take only 13 of us to complete 100 fights in 15 seconds. Where you see cheating, I see a strong guild doing what your guild seems incapable of doing. Just because you cannot do it does not mean that those who can are cheating.
I know it goes around a lot, I wasn't using a timer so I was guesstimating. Looking into player stats from that guild though would reveal battle amounts and times that only a bot could do. And yanno, doing a fight every half second that you claim does sounds like botting as well so I'm not sure you're helping this case. It takes the human brain 0.2 seconds for a signal to go from brain to finger, and you need to do multiple clicks in different locations....

My guild are a lot of good fighters who, when we gather can go head to head with the best of guilds on the server, but when you're in the 8888 against an unwinnable match then it's very defeating for everyone and that aint good for gbg and that's pretty much why this thread and all other threads complaining about GBG come from. Being pinned against an oponent which is too strong (or weak, or cheating) - to which less guilds per session at least in the top league would vastly alleviate.

I know it goes around a lot, I wasn't using a timer so I was guesstimating. Looking into player stats from that guild though would reveal battle amounts and times that only a bot could do. And yanno, doing a fight every half second that you claim does sounds like botting as well so I'm not sure you're helping this case. It takes the human brain 0.2 seconds for a signal to go from brain to finger, and you need to do multiple clicks in different locations....
I claimed that I can do "about 8 fights in 15 seconds" which is more like one fight every 2 seconds.

I'll tell you why I do not think that cheating, bots or otherwise, is a problem in GBG. Unless every member of the guild is cheating (which would nullify any benefit from cheating) the honest players in the guild would rebel against the cheaters because, it is they who are being harmed by the cheater's misbehavior.

nice2haveu

Baronet
the honest players in the guild would rebel against the cheaters because, it is they who are being harmed by the cheater's misbehavior.
Rebel? Raising alarm or asking question without proof, they can still safeguard by saying the 15seconds answer you gave. Cheaters pretends like pro's and can say the same dialogue "you cannot do means don't blame others are cheating". There is no way to rebel or argue or anything close to it. Finally it will come to a point where, honest player should come out of the guild to keep the honesty.

Few people are thinking farming is fun in the game, few are thinking using bots are fun and some may think not doing both are fun. Only game mechanics and security needs to be in control how every player should play the game. Until then, just move on with what we have is the only possibilities here.

Rebel? Raising alarm or asking question without proof, they can still safeguard by saying the 15seconds answer you gave. Cheaters pretends like pro's and can say the same dialogue "you cannot do means don't blame others are cheating". There is no way to rebel or argue or anything close to it. Finally it will come to a point where, honest player should come out of the guild to keep the honesty.

Few people are thinking farming is fun in the game, few are thinking using bots are fun and some may think not doing both are fun. Only game mechanics and security needs to be in control how every player should play the game. Until then, just move on with what we have is the only possibilities here.
A difference between players in a Guild accusing one of their guild mates of cheating and an outsider accusing that same player of cheating is that the guild mates can see exactly how fast the alleged cheater is fighting. Except for a little bit of hand/eye coordination there is no skill involved in auto-battling. Therefore, players in the same age, with similar attacks boosts, should be able to fight at approximately the same rate. Likewise, players with lower attack boosts should not be able to keep pace with mates that have much higher boosts. Any player that is consistently fighting at a rate faster than could be reasonably explained will stick out like a sore thumb. While I have read countless posts from players describing alleged cheating by non-guildmates I have yet to read a single post authored by a player that is accusing a guildmate. The players with the best access to information on a particular player's behavior are not complaining (afaik).

I claimed that I can do "about 8 fights in 15 seconds" which is more like one fight every 2 seconds.

I'll tell you why I do not think that cheating, bots or otherwise, is a problem in GBG. Unless every member of the guild is cheating (which would nullify any benefit from cheating) the honest players in the guild would rebel against the cheaters because, it is they who are being harmed by the cheater's misbehavior.
There's one guild on our world where there is pretty good evidence that they either scripted and/or used the exploit at GBG start and when they got behind on flagging sectors (I've seen video that was consistent with use of the exploit). The player who was doing this has basically quit playing on our world and so that guild has slowed down considerably.