• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Owl II

Emperor
Here's the summary of your problem with GS : P1 264K OP, 1739/hr P2 210K OP, 1887/hr P3 10K OP, 0/hr. NL world E , 2023-01-10 23:27.

2 guilds of players who can farm FP and whatever else for 10 days consecutive because they cover each other's back, 6 guilds of players who get ***NOTHING AT ALL***.

(BTW this is diamonds+ and the P3 guild with 0/hr has been in diamonds+ for months consecutive)
Here's the summary of your problem with 0 OP/hr: I receive a message from a guild of the same quantity ppl as ours, and they have twice as many GE cups in total as we have: "We are young and developing guild. We don't want to fight with you. Let's be friends." There is a third guild in the group, which is stronger than us and these "young" ones. Then this "young" guild throws us into the HQ at night, taking advantage that everything is out of control. Holidays and all that, no one wants to sit in the game. The next morning we going back. And guess who will have 0 OP until the end of the season. :)
DO SOMETHIING ABOUT IT OR GET DUMPED.
No one but yourself will do it for you

Last edited:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
You should put any suggestions in the hidden thread so Inno can review.
Inno examines only what he wants!

Example with chancelog 1.248:
he finds us a bug on the number of EG attempts that I've never heard of but he leaves for 2 years the bug of the flags in GbG which remain despite the guild no longer having adjacent sectors.

The GbGs are like everything else, inno doesn't care about our opinions, it programs as it sees fit, we invent new things without ever taking into account the suggestions requested by several communities for several months or even years.
Have you noticed that since the suggestion sprint (in May 2021 if I remember correctly) no real suggestions have been integrated, as requested by the community?

I don't think that would resolve the issue. With that change, we would just be back to being a rich guild is more important than being a strong fighting guild.

No matter how you spin any possible concepts or turn any discussion and arguments upside down, GBG can never be anything other than FP farming where the bigger, stronger and richer guilds are on the top and generate more FP (and maybe dias) than the smaller, poorer and weaker guilds.

But thats not a bad thing at all, because GBG is fun and rewarding.

GBG is what it is. Because it was designed that way.

This is what you guys must understand.

The only thing that they can do is either

a) nerf it in a good way
b) nerf it in a bad way
c) leave it as it is

With their nerf concept they chose the bad way, because itll make all those LB obsolete that produce guild goods and itll force people to throw in so many fights per day and be over with it.

My suggestion (erase all buildings when a sector changes ownership) would at least make all guild goods producing LB more important, and would increase diamond spending. And it would still NOT hardcap the fights per day.

If you guys want a real competitive guild vs guild environment, GBG can not be it. Inno would have to design something completely fresh.

what im trying to say is: everybody (including Inno) must first get real about what GBG is and what GBG cannot be, and THEN discuss how it can be improved and find fresh ideas, else the discussion is doomed to fail from the start, as is their fail-attempt to „improve“ GBG.

Owl II

Emperor
what im trying to say is: everybody (including Inno) must first get real about what GBG is and what GBG cannot be, and THEN discuss how it can be improved and find fresh ideas, else the discussion is doomed to fail from the start, as is their fail-attempt to „improve“ GBG.
But GBG is designed for сompetitions between guilds initially! Unreasonable personal rewards and the lack of incentive to fight for the championship for guilds spoiled this. And nerf camps will not fix either one or the other

Last edited:
But GBG is designed for сompetitions between guilds initially! Only unreasonable personal rewards and the lack of incentive to fight for the championship for guilds spoiled this. And nerf camps will not fix either one or the other

why cant they just scrap that pc-only GVG thing (never played it myself) and instead implement some new and real guild vs guild challenge (for mobile AND pc) where only the ranking wields rewards, while the fights themselves wouldnt.

Or maybe, i have once made the suggestion below, it could also serve as a good dia sink, tavernsilver sink, and as a replacement to GVG as well

(ofc it got rejected, and also surely not perfectly thought out, but something like this could be a good guild v guild challenge):

Tavern-Expansion: The gladiator games

1. What is this?

a) The basic concept

The gladiator Games would be a challenge between guilds, including its own league system.

Gladiators would be hired in the tavern with tavern silver.
And tavern silver could be bought with … yes DIAMONDS!

There would be different types of gladiators that could be hired. A player can hire as many gladiators as they want, as long they have enough tavern silver.

Once a player has hired at least 8 gladiators, he can put them into a team of 8 gladiators and then initiate a fight against the member of an opposing guild.

b) The units

(units can die ofc)

heres a list of possible gladiators that ive thought out (ive not thought them out very thorouhly though, its more a rough example of what types of gladiators could be hired)

Eques: Extremely robust (robustness scales with the player's combat values), heals other friendly gladiators, but cannot deal damage itself. The higher a player's attack power, the more the Eques heals.

Murmillo: Extremely robust, strengthens the attack values of your own gladiators, but cannot deal damage. The more attack power a player has, the higher the bonus granted by the Murmillo. The more Defense Power a player has, the more resilient the Murmillo is.

Agitator: Extremely vulnerable, can stealth in certain terrain, can cause an enemy gladiator to defect. The higher a player's attack power, the higher the chance of capturing an enemy gladiator.

Thraex: Extremely vulnerable, can stealth itself in certain terrain, can detonate itself. The higher a player's attack power, the greater the blast radius and blast damage (you know, gladiator games are not necessarily antique stuff)

Hoplomachus: Extremely vulnerable. Can spot enemy hidden gladiators. The higher a player's defense power, the higher the chance of detecting hidden gladiators. Bonus damage against hidden gladators

Retiarius: can place booby traps. The higher a player's defense power, the more damage booby traps will inflict on the opponent. The Retiarius can also fight, is particularly robust and strong in close combat.

Pontarius: Can disable enemy booby traps, and can also fight. The higher a player's defense power, the higher the chance of detecting and defusing enemy traps.

2. The frame-work

a) league system

Gladiator Games would essentially be fights between the members of guilds, which would be implemented as a league and would start over and over again seasonally. However, guilds could rise and fall in leagues. The gladiator games would be cross-server.

b) Which players can participate?

Anyone who has researched the required technology. I would place the technology for this in the late Middle Ages.

c) How would the framework for gladiator games look like?

Each guild would be put in a group with several other guilds, let's say 10 guilds per group.

The groups would be formed by the total combat strength each guild and by the number of members, i.e. the game would

- just before the start of a league, determine the total combat strength of each player in a guild by adding the combat values of his attacking army and his defending army, it would look like this:

attacking army 1000% attack power
attacking army 500% defense

defending army 150% attack power
defending army 500% defense

Makes a total of 2,150 Total Combat Power

- the total combat strength of each player in a guild would be added up (of course not counting those players who are not yet unlocked for gladiator games) and thus a total combat value of a guild would be determined, for example 30,000 guild total combat power

- This guild would then be pooled with other guilds that have roughly the same overall combat strength and roughly the same number of members.

- if there were no comparable guilds - for example if a small guild has already risen a long way and therefore only stronger and larger guilds are available within the group pool, then this guild would just be put together with stronger and larger guilds.

The same applies the other way around

3. The fights:

In order to initiate a gladiator fight, you would have to provide eight gladiators. Of course you should also provide 8 defending gladiators (similar to your own defense army or the PVP Arena).

If a player does not provide defending gladiators, he would automatically lose a defending battle.

There would be a whole range of different Gladiators, each with their own pros and cons, and only a maximum of two of each type could be fielded, so a team would always consist of at least four different Gladiators.

4. How would the fights go?

a) Units can only be lost when attacking - similar to plundering or the PVP arena.

b) How many league points can be won for a successful attack or a successful defense is calculated by the combat value of both players involved. If you (being the attacker) field a combat value of 5.000 andtje defending player has only 500 points of combat value, you could win only a few points.

d) can you choose the player you attack? Of course not. That would be random. But you can choose the guild whose players you want to attack, see next point.

e) Can you choose the guild whose players you attack? Yes. However, you can only choose the guild. Which player of the target guild you meet is then random.

But each guild can only be attacked a limited number of times per day. The number of players in a guild participating in the duel determines how often the guild can be attacked. If it can no longer be attacked, you have to choose another guild. Until just no more guild can be attacked. In that case you have to wait for the next day.

f) How many attacks can you initiate per day?

That would be similar to the pvp arena.

One attack would become available per hour. However, you can only stack up to a maximum of three attacks (then you have to attack again if you want to stack more attacks).

you could buy extra attacks with tavern silver or diamonds.

g) could one withdraw from a fight?

sure. But the smaller the difference to the defending player's combat power, the higher the league penalty points that your guild receives for this lost battle.

h) Rewards

they would have to be adequate so that it would be fun to participate in the guild duels.

i) would large guilds be at an advantage compared to small guilds?

i tried to compensate for this on the one hand with the group allocation and on the other hand with the number of maximum attacks that a guild has to endure based on the number of its members. because they can attack more often when they are larger, but they can also be attacked more often.

However, a beta would have to be used to find out how the ratio of the number of players to the maximum number of attacks on a guild would be fair.

Ad hoc, five attacks per day against a guild guild per guild member seems appropriate to me.

ie a guild of 20 members would have to endure a maximum of 100 attacks per day.

but since I can't test that, it's just a purely fictitious number.

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
why cant they just scrap that pc-only GVG thing (never played it myself) and instead implement some new and real guild vs guild challenge (for mobile AND pc) where only the ranking wields rewards, while the fights themselves wouldnt.
Good question. 8 years long or even longer :) I think it's a matter of price. Such things are not cheap. And besides, FOE is a very old game. It was made by several generations of game designers, and at the moment the program code looks like an old patched blanket. It's easier to throw it out and buy a new one. Inno buys new(new games), but for some reason does not want to throw FOE yet :)

Emberguard

Emperor

If they replace it entirely and whatever they come up with isn't deemed superior by the playerbase then you can bet people would just leave. That's likely why they haven't tried to tackle it with anything more than a nerf

I would love a superior version to be introduced as a replacement. But that would also require being on top of any inherent flaws in the balancing. The more power creep gets introduced into the game in general, the more that would compound any problems that aren't resolved. At least with the current versions of GvG / GBG you know what you get

Owl II

Emperor
No need to invent a some new. It's enough just to bring some harmony to these three areas of team gameplay: GvG, GBG, GE. It is necessary enter to correctly all three in the guild ranking. And maybe do something about guild levels. Because bonuses for levels have completely lost their relevance at the moment, except for one thing, recruitment boost. Everything, and the prestige bonus inclusive. 2500 over the years of work of the entire guild looks ridiculous against the background of 18,000 for GBG, which are given to everyone who wants and even those who do not want

Beta King

Viceroy
But GBG is designed for сompetitions between guilds initially! Unreasonable personal rewards and the lack of incentive to fight for the championship for guilds spoiled this. And nerf camps will not fix either one or the other
If they make GBG 50% of the overall data used to rank the guilds and the other 50% can come from player points, GVG, crowns and all the rest that they are using now and spread out the points earned from 1st place to 8th place it might help to get guilds to fight.

Beta King

Viceroy
Good question. 8 years long or even longer :) I think it's a matter of price. Such things are not cheap. And besides, FOE is a very old game. It was made by several generations of game designers, and at the moment the program code looks like an old patched blanket. It's easier to throw it out and buy a new one. Inno buys new(new games), but for some reason does not want to throw FOE yet :)
Too many old people throwing tons of retirement money at it to throw it away!

Emberguard

Emperor
If they make GBG 50% of the overall data used to rank the guilds and the other 50% can come from player points, GVG, crowns and all the rest that they are using now and spread out the points earned from 1st place to 8th place it might help to get guilds to fight.

Sorry not sure I'm following. How would that be different from what we have now?

Beta King

Viceroy
Sorry not sure I'm following. How would that be different from what we have now?
If half of your guilds ranking came from GBG and position 1 and position 2 were substantially different like 1st=20k crowns 2nd=10k crowns 3rd=5k crowns then some people would have a reason to fight again(some could care less where their guild is ranked) then take GVG out of the equations all together.

Beta King

Viceroy
Anyone else finding it amusing that the poll in the moderated thread wasn't reset for the last beta GBG? And from what I could see it's been several season since the poll results were noted publicly.
It can only be assumed that basically nothing said or done in this forum(since we have said everything we could say for both sides)is going to make a difference on the decision made only the astronomical amount of data they are collecting possibly years of data that they will collect is what they are going to base their decision on so if you want to sway their decision then you need to get your guild to show it in their data produced. If you are truly against this nerf then you should probably stop playing GBG in beta and get as many other to stop as well until they make their decision. people getting tired of it and leaving i think will be the only reason for them to drop the nerf so if everyone deals with it and continues to play aka adapt you can consider it as good as moved to live servers at some point in the future.

Last edited: