• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Beta King

Viceroy
no it is only boring in beta forum

feels like the defintion of insanity from Einstein
talking with the same people about the same thing for month but expect different result
I agree maybe we should all not bother doing any boring GBG in beta until it comes to live servers.

So you feel that when this comes to live servers it will make GBG boring but its still necessary? That seems to be a general consensus here even though some are still for it.
The change won't make GBG boring. Except for the opening round every other Thursday GBG is already boring. If anything, the change will make the total GBG experience less boring because optimizing performance under the new rules will require much more creativity and discipline.

Beta King

Viceroy
The change won't make GBG boring. Except for the opening round every other Thursday GBG is already boring. If anything, the change will make the total GBG experience less boring because optimizing performance under the new rules will require much more creativity and discipline.
I agree, for the entire 10 minutes it takes to max out your daily attrition...(Unless you wait around for your guildies to do the bad fights and wait for lowest attrition)

Beta King

Viceroy
^^^most important comment in this whole thread, why would Inno reduce gameplay time for most when the whole idea is to keep people playing so they can gather revenue in other ways like watching ads. Will literally reduce revenue but beta will not show this no matter how long they test it!

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
why would Inno reduce gameplay time for most
When you speak with your feelings rather than with reflection, you can only read such nonsense which discredits you on the rest of your interventions.
Do you really think that on a server of 8,000 players, more than 4,000 will be penalized by this nerf?
I have the feeling that the more players have profited from the abuse of camps, the more their comments are virulent and unfounded for the rest of the community.

Beta King

Viceroy
When you speak with your feelings rather than with reflection, you can only read such nonsense which discredits you on the rest of your interventions.
Do you really think that on a server of 8,000 players, more than 4,000 will be penalized by this nerf?
I have the feeling that the more players have profited from the abuse of camps, the more their comments are virulent and unfounded for the rest of the community.
I truly believe that between how boring it will be and how quickly they attrition out that many who do play daily will stop doing GBG at all and likely many leaders will max out early and quit coordinating things and pushing players to play. The people that are trying to climb ranks will play real quick each day to max out and ultimately will cut many many players time, if you have number that support this will not affect the vast majority of player please enlighten us...

Yekk

Regent
Everyone is penalized by this nerf. A worlds economy lives on FP. From the newest player to the most seasoned the loss of 75% of what was produced will be seen. Everything from swap threads to 190+ threads will slow. Beta already shows that.

AGAIN...only in 1K and not even every 1K league does stuff everyone happen. D-lite sees little problems. Platinum none. But each of those two will see the nerf. This nerf is just cut off one's nose to spite one's face. A over-reaction better fixed in other ways.

CrashBoom

Legend
and even worse
the fighters now have time and the snipping with more than 1.9 in the neighborhood will increase
(yes in the old worlds like mine which exist since 10 years in the highest hoods where the SAJM players are at the end of the tech tree and having Arcs at 130+ there is already sniping with higher than 1.9)

over will be the time where it was possible to snipe 5k in the hood on a good day

Last edited:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
if you have number that support this will not affect the vast majority of player please enlighten us...
Take for example your guild composed of 68 members of which only 8 exceed 20k fights in total.
So you think the top 8 fighters in your home are the majority?
Show me a guild of over 60 members with over half doing 3k CBG fights from nerf and we will finally find a guild that is really penalized.
Otherwise, the most penalized are those who benefited from zero attrition at the expense of other guilds but also at the expense of the majority of their members.
As the saying goes:
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the one most adaptable to change.

Beta King

Viceroy
Take for example your guild composed of 68 members of which only 8 exceed 20k fights in total.
So you think the top 8 fighters in your home are the majority?
Show me a guild of over 60 members with over half doing 3k CBG fights from nerf and we will finally find a guild that is really penalized.
Otherwise, the most penalized are those who benefited from zero attrition at the expense of other guilds but also at the expense of the majority of their members.
As the saying goes:
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the one most adaptable to change.
What/where are you looking to see who in what guilds are doing how many fights per season?

Owl II

Emperor
He wants it to be like GE: everyone went out and weeded their bed. But GBG is not GE. The essence of GBG is in the competition. In weeding as many beds as possible. Nerf will slow down weeding in general, but will not change the essence. GBG will not become GE. Tops will take as many beds as before. It's just that the harvest will ripen less often

He wants it to be like GE: everyone went out and weeded their bed. But GBG is not GE. The essence of GBG is in the competition. In weeding as many beds as possible. Nerf will slow down weeding in general, but will not change the essence. GBG will not become GE. Tops will take as many beds as before. It's just that the harvest will ripen less often
I don't understand this metaphor. If the "harvest" takes longer to "ripen" how can the top guilds take as many "beds" (sectors??) as before? This makes no sense. With zero attrition, in order for a top guild to take the same amount of "beds" as before it will need to have about 50 active strong fighters playing daily and be matched up with at least one other guild with similar strength. Possible but very unlikely.

zookeepers

Marquis
Top guilds will be top guilds whether or not easy farming is possible. But players wishing to play that way will decrease, and eventually, number of top guilds would decrease.

Then, struggles when facing top guilds never change but possibility of being grouped with them would be reduced.

So, in total, number of frosted seasons would decrease but not going to be zero. In tropical seasons, your fruit never get ripe as before...

This failed beta testing has proven that the same big guilds dominate just as before...
It will be exactly the same if it ever goes to live servers...
What has changed are personal rewards for active players and there are far fewer fps to use for the 1.9's so those have slowed as well...
The other change is that players spend a lot more time living life without this game.... Much less time required....

Beta King

Viceroy
This failed beta testing has proven that the same big guilds dominate just as before...
It will be exactly the same if it ever goes to live servers...
What has changed are personal rewards for active players and there are far fewer fps to use for the 1.9's so those have slowed as well...
The other change is that players spend a lot more time living life without this game.... Much less time required....
This we can all agree will be a welcomed gift from Inno if they move it to live!

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Regardless of how much the GbG farmers desperately try to doomsday cancel the rebalance, I'm sure the impact will be significantly less grim from a more objective point of view:

1.) FoE is an exceedingly good product for Inno, unrivalled even. It's highly unlikely that a major part of the revenue is made from diamond GbG farmers, if they're been outmatched by the real competitive top, it's probably hardly gonna chance a thing to the revenue.
Prove of the great performance of FoE was find by another player and published in this post

2.) 1,X boosts pre-existed from the GbG-farming exploits, they where running perfectly fine in profits made from GB sniping, profitable boosts, etc. using fps from virtually unlimited fps and massively large fp-producing cities the availability of fps remain enormous. The strong pull due to the benefits from 1,X boosts remain the same and as said the large fp reserves ain't going anywhere. Thus making the impact from GbG-farmers' harvests taking a hit very limited

3.) Regardless of this rebalance, the real competitive guilds will remain on top. Not motivated by GbG harvests they'll continue to dominate in 1kD like business as usual. Perhaps with a little more effort none the less they will remain competitive. Much as any other guild motivated by competitiveness rather then profitability for lone wolves in their guild.

4.) A exodus event might happen at a limited scale by the angry GbG farmers who see their "farm" yielding less "harvest." This will be fine but difficult to measure as a regular player. I'm sure Inno has the tools to their disposal to measure this and making the right decisions. As said before GbG farmers may leave but they've probably not spend real money in the game anyways as GbG farming provides them with the diamonds to fund their farming frenzy.

5.) Weak guilds won't be hit. Weak guilds can't afford SC and if they can and managed to get into the top, they've been in the wrong league. Nothing would really change for them, the strong will always be stronger and beating them.

6.) In the end there's probably hardly anything gonna change besides the real competitive top guilds claiming their thrown, af the expense of the phantom "top" guilds who only survive in SC. This is also likely true for GbG farmers. Which they probably correctly see coming and why they try to turn this topic into a echo chamber. In the end from an player's perspective it's impossible to know for sure what the impact will be the grand scale of things, only Inno has acces to the tools and knowledge for this.

As an player we all suffer from confirmation bias as all we know and experience is how we play with like minded people. If we don't like something that might make us quit, our guildies likely feel the same, assuming this to be the "majority" is just a dangerous assumption. Not being able to understanding this and taking it into account, is just leading to discussions like this: emotional and self motivated bias discussions with speculations assumed to be the truth and facts.

King Flush

Marquis
I thought I'd post one more time, I hardly play anymore, the fact that this crazy idea has even been threatened was enough for me to lose interest in the game, regardless of what happens, this level of stupidity has made me believe that the game is set for a downhill spiral and maybe the only hope ahead would be for Inno to have a refresh on their development team.

Now I always said my reasoning for not wanting the nerf was not one from greed, I used to enjoy the tactical side of the game and this would be gone if the nerf was to come in, now I play VERY LITTLE with no intent to ever play like I used to, the nerf would be good for me ie I could join the camp of jealous players who hate that effort = reward, sit back knowing that others wouldn't progress any further than me with my limited play but no that's not how I am, I stand by everything I originally said and all my MANY reasons that I think it is a bad idea remains.

CrashBoom

Legend
yes it is definitely more tactical to switch sectors every 4 hours with (almost) no attriton
compared to thinking where and when to invest the limited fights players now can make

with that nerf will guilds that took the map in the first minutes in past on the first day still do that and get their attrition already high in the morning
or will it actually more tactical to wait and take the sectors later

so with the nerf the tactical side isn't going to finish. it will start :rolleyes: