• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

It was an @Owl II idea. I would argue that you don't use traps in D1K at all. Mainly because all of the key sectors (R1-3 on Volcano, R1-4 on Waterfall) usually get swapped and traps can't discriminate between partners and the "rest". The SC/WT change will probably result in a need to change tactics but, to what extent remains unclear. I still would not think traps will get much use.

-Alin-

Emperor
Q: "What changed from the previous rounds in GuildBattlegrounds...?"
A:The guilds!

Same 3k fights, same 120+ attrition, same way of changing sectors with all guilds from the map without deleting camps and without any coordination, play, dump atrition on 56%, 66.6%, cya tonorrow guys!

Same 3k fights, same 120+ attrition, same way of changing sectors with all guilds from the map without deleting camps and without any coordination, play, dump atrition on 56%, 66.6%, cya tonorrow guys!
The rewards were what, about 3K goods, 750 diamonds, 4.6K FPs, and some other stuff? Not bad for 10 minutes per day for 11 days. Not like before but better than not having GBG at all.

Pass Go

Squire
I do NOT like the change - it doesn't impact the big guilds much since they can spread the attrition out to many players. but small guilds are negatively affected by the attrition being applied to only a handful of members, instead of 60* members. Maybe it would help if the GBG maps were set up so similar sized guilds were matched up with each other instead of with one or more much larger guilds

1BFA

Viceroy
Is the donkey/horse dead yet?

Feel like Inno most likely has already made up their mind, one way or other.

Most folks on this thread most likely have made up their mind long time ago.

We just keep going back and forth on the same thing...over and over and over again...

This thread reminds me of the quote "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Time for Inno to dish out some details on what they think...this is getting really boring and waste of everyone's time.

Beta King

Viceroy
Is the donkey/horse dead yet?

Feel like Inno most likely has already made up their mind, one way or other.

Most folks on this thread most likely have made up their mind long time ago.

We just keep going back and forth on the same thing...over and over and over again...

This thread reminds me of the quote "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Time for Inno to dish out some details on what they think...this is getting really boring and waste of everyone's time.
Just 4-5 more beta seasons and we see about making a decision.

-Emperor-

Farmer
Last edited:

Fenix

Viceroy
None of the participants should change the positions already taken.
But changing the subject, I happen to notice the appearance on the fields of unknown or less frequent guilds. The funny thing is that I also stopped seeing guilds that used to cooperate together and that used to always appear in the fields all the time.

blueskydwg

Steward
I had my highest fights ever this past season; once again more than 3 times as many as the 5 seasons before the change.
I had no problem finding fights with 3 or more SC support, and I ended with an average attrition rate of 56.9%
I spent no more than 15 minutes either at the beginning of the day or near reset to get my average of 167 fights per day.
My rewards included 2,620 fps, 400 diamonds, 9,200 goods, and I finished the season with 237 more troops than I started with.

My prior season totals were not limited by lack of trying - the limit was if I didn't happen to get on just as tiles opened, then I was limited to fights with either no, or at most one SC support in the beach area.

This is not a jab at my more advanced guild mates; they do exactly what I would do (and sometimes do in my live city) if I was a whale in Beta.

Will this change help others? Or am I unique? Don't know.

And what I'd really like to see is comments from guilds that do well in diamond lite but struggle in full diamond. Have they had an easier time getting fights and rewards, or are they just as restricted as before.

Nessie

Baronet
"Flogging a Dead horse" ....175 pages lol

All of us, or at least many of us hopefully soon learn what InnoGames' bad intentions are - if the game is not abandoned beforehand, as has already happened in many cases

Last edited:
All of us, or at least many of us hopefully soon learn what InnoGames' bad intentions are
Anyone that took the time to read the announcement already knows what INNO's intentions are relative to the SC/WT change.
if the game is not abandoned beforehand, as has already happened in many cases
Players quitting the game is hardly a new thing, it happens every day. I am not aware of any player that has quit over anticipation of this change going live. Regardless, if some have quit over it, their departure has absolutely zero impact on my continued enjoyment of the game. I hope that they find something more to their liking.

jovada

Regent
I have a feeling that this announcement will be in force for another 2 years.. lol
On beta, in principle, the balance of power has not changed because of this change.. the big guilds still own the entire map and just wait for hours until the little ones can take something away from them...So Inno can do this nonsense for a long time..
Why should the balance of power change ??? A strong guild will always win from a weaker guild that's only normal.
But what we experience now is that the spoiling gameplay of swapping and leaving flags 159/160 dissapeares due to the 'nerf' of 0 attrition.
And read the announcement of @Juber well, maybe this will not be the only change , but i guess for developpers this is also extra work between their deadlines for events etc.... and we don't know if there are 50 or 5 developpers.

And what I'd really like to see is comments from guilds that do well in diamond lite but struggle in full diamond. Have they had an easier time getting fights and rewards, or are they just as restricted as before.

As a guild playing often yoyo between diamond light and diamond 1k i can only confirm that smaller guilds can do more fights now ( of course if they want to fight)

Mysty 5

Farmer
Traps probably won't be necessary because GbG will go the way of GE. Get a few hits in everyday and otherwise ignore it as the ROI is gone (bye-bye babysitting).

...Swap partners? ROFL.... what's the point?
The rewards in Battlegrounds are nice but not the reason I play, The most fun in battlegrounds, are the races and strategy when you have to fight to stay on the map. If it goes the way of GE then it loses the whole point of playing and should be renamed "Farminggrounds"

Owl II

Emperor

May I ask how many fights your guild has done in total, compared to the previous season on the waterfall map? We got 9k less(47274 vs 56177)