• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Fenix

Viceroy
IT TAKES LONGER/MORE EFFORT TO GAIN SAME/SIMILAR REWARDS IN GBG AS IT DOES BY OTHER MEANS, THIS HAS BEEN DEMONSTRATED OVER AND OVER AGAIN, THIS IS FACT!!!
It's not exactly true... give me specific examples of these other means and maybe I can share what I'm saying.

Beta King

Viceroy
If you took a little more time to read my posts you see that i also proposed to bring attrition to 75 or 80, and your reaction only shows that i am 100% correct to condemn farming , see my example above.
Why raise it i say drop it down even further like max 25% reduction or even full time 100% attrition every fight as it will all have the same effect and the lower we can get it the faster we can jump on and burn thru the little attrition real quick and move on to RL. The saying her in Merica is If you're gonna be a bear might as well be a grizzly! If we are going to break it lets really break it!

Last edited:
you say it as if, you said it so that's how it is, NO that's just your interpretation, I for one don't at all agree that it's disproportional and the numbers speak for themselves, said it I don't know how many times - IT TAKES LONGER/MORE EFFORT TO GAIN SAME/SIMILAR REWARDS IN GBG AS IT DOES BY OTHER MEANS, THIS HAS BEEN DEMONSTRATED OVER AND OVER AGAIN, THIS IS FACT!!!
You keep repeating this. What is your point? It sounds like you are saying that the fact it takes more time to earn FPs in GBG than by any other means it can be concluded that players don't do GBG for FPs. That's pure nonsense. Players that are driven by the urge to maximize FP income will use every available opportunity. They will exhaust 1.9 thread opportunities, then exhaust sniping opportunities, then turn their attention to GBG.

King Flush

Marquis
You keep repeating this. What is your point? It sounds like you are saying that the fact it takes more time to earn FPs in GBG than by any other means it can be concluded that players don't do GBG for FPs. That's pure nonsense. Players that are driven by the urge to maximize FP income will use every available opportunity. They will exhaust 1.9 thread opportunities, then exhaust sniping opportunities, then turn their attention to GBG.
of course people play GBG for FP's I'm not denying it, but for sure there is at least a bit more to it than just solely for the rewards at least for many players, where as pretty much everything else is done for nothing but the rewards. My point is exactly as I have said it's not at all disproportionate as Jovada had said and is actually largely proportional to the time spent in creating a city to enable a large amount of fights and the time invested to do the fights. Lets face it, it doesn't take much to be able to do all 64 encounters in GE, you can start sniping as soon as you're in Iron Age, Arc profiteering is proportional to your Arc level but even an Arc around L100 can earn significant amounts if you take a reasonable volume in 1.9 threads, setting up city primarily for FP production can take but a few seconds to collect. So if you don't like the fact some players earn more than you maybe you should ask for these other ways to also be restricted, makes no sense to single out GBG, if it's about having a more even GBG between guilds look at the matchmaking. simples.

mcbluefire

Baronet
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Okay, that one is WAY too much. This is a game. There are literally zero needs being fulfilled here (except maybe interaction with others, which the game provides avenues for but not as the primary function of the game). A better paraphrase would have been "The wants of the many outweigh the wants of the few." However, that is laughable because the "few" in this instance are those willing to do what it takes to be present and capable WHEN required and with WHAT is required to compete in the system. Some of those will not be willing to make the paradigm shift and they'll leave, others will meet the new challenge head on and likely present the new system to nerf. The many moderately active to all-but-inactive players will most likely not have an amazing resurgence of interest in the system (GBG) so I do not see the wants of the "many" being fulfilled.

The reality of that phrase (quoted) is that it's false. No one's needs are any more important than anyone else's needs and wants/desires are just wants and desires. The needs of the one can and are provided by the many for some form of compensation or through friendship. Time is traded for time, skill for skill. favor for favor and sometimes just out of love.

However, one of the best things about this game is there are so many ways to play it and many of us note this regularly here in the forums. Right now one of those ways is potentially going to be destroyed. One group of players is fighting to preserve their play-style (players who enjoy it to varying degrees), while others are dismissing it as greedy overpowered players farming that should have been nerfed long ago. When they come for your playstyle I hope you don't let yourselves be persuaded by a complete lack of substantiated reasons from FOE and those who don't appreciate your playstyle berating you for doing what you needed to in order to be successful in your chosen path and claiming you are the reason other's couldn't do so as well.

Again, the issues with GbG are in Inno's design, not in how it's played and nerfing buildings isn't the answer to making it more enjoyable the majority of players. I have been stating for over a year that GbG destroyed guilds, over stresses players for a pitiful guild power gain, and drove many long time players out of the game all together. At the same time it created bridges between guilds that GvG had made complete enemies, it added something to work together as a team in regardless of platform, and it provided rewards to help new members grow quickly and catch up with long time players. With this "solution" in place I foresee the negatives remaining and the positives removed. I do hope that there will be less stress for players as they'll burn out their attrition quickly and be done for the rest of the day. Unfortunately I am convinced the hit to the community will far outweigh the minor gains provided for some players who couldn't be bothered to show up when needed at least once a day. Hope it's worth it.

Owl II

Emperor
Again, the issues with GbG are in Inno's design, not in how it's played and nerfing buildings isn't the answer to making it more enjoyable the majority of players. I have been stating for over a year that GbG destroyed guilds, over stresses players for a pitiful guild power gain, and drove many long time players out of the game all together. At the same time it created bridges between guilds that GvG had made complete enemies, it added something to work together as a team in regardless of platform, and it provided rewards to help new members grow quickly and catch up with long time players. With this "solution" in place I foresee the negatives remaining and the positives removed. I do hope that there will be less stress for players as they'll burn out their attrition quickly and be done for the rest of the day. Unfortunately I am convinced the hit to the community will far outweigh the minor gains provided for some players who couldn't be bothered to show up when needed at least once a day. Hope it's worth it.
Solution that would suit everyone: redesign the distribution by league. Let everyone play in their own style. Let the tops intercept the tiles 15 seconds after unlocking. Let those who don't want it meditate for days over open tiles to do 20 fights when it's convenient for them. How will the nerf of buildings help this? I don't know. Does anyone have any idea how this should work?

bromtor

Squire
Al the joy gone i sit on a board with 2 strong ones normally the map goes up and down now both can fight till attrib gone so its a joke board no fun at all
take loose take loose take loose and both have the strengt to go on and on normally thats a joke solong rewards just a plain boring GBG.
I will not longer play it.

lacsapgaah

Farmer
Al the joy gone i sit on a board with 2 strong ones normally the map goes up and down now both can fight till attrib gone so its a joke board no fun at all
take loose take loose take loose and both have the strengt to go on and on normally thats a joke solong rewards just a plain boring GBG.
I will not longer play it.
It's great, it will make room for those who have not been able to play until now

sure be a whole lot less entertainment after nerf, I calculate about 5 mins of it, though even that won't be entertainment just the standard 5 mins of farming everyone will be permitted to do
If your game is singularly focused on GBG for success then you may be correct. 5 minutes is an exaggeration but maximizing daily battles for active players will definitely require less time than pre-nerf. So what? Start more cities, get some fresh air, read a book. I'm sure that there are options for entertainment outside of this game.

Beta King

Viceroy
If your game is singularly focused on GBG for success then you may be correct. 5 minutes is an exaggeration but maximizing daily battles for active players will definitely require less time than pre-nerf. So what? Start more cities, get some fresh air, read a book. I'm sure that there are options for entertainment outside of this game.
Or find another game to pass time while waiting for the attrition to reset...

King Flush

Marquis
my game as far as FOE goes has until a month ago been focused on GBG as that's where the enjoyment has been for me but yes you're quite right I will and already have made a big return to RL and it's a far better option, as I've said I welcome the destruction of the game to remove what has been a bit of an addiction for me this last year, prior to FOE I hadn't played video games for over 10 years and once I leave this game will make sure it's longer next time :D

knarre sbeat

Merchant
Lost a bit of interesst in FoE since 1 year ago. Chessboard Meta is so boring, no rewards lure me into it.
Hopefully after the attrition nerf Guilds will start to really work together, i mean every guild on the map, not just 2.
But i dont have high hopes, the greedy ones will find a way to abuse the new meta again, who knows maybe they will work with traps so no one can have their valuable Rewards.
At least its something new, cant wait till it hits live.
Beta server testing is better then nothing, but a real test needs to be on a live server with active guilds.