• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Thunderdome

Emperor
It's great, it will make room for those who have not been able to play until now
And those players will quit GBg out of frustration because of being limited by this gimmick. This is why I don't play any game that uses energy-based cost mechanics; you have to sit and wait until it fills up (hours) just to play again. But, I guess it gives me time to play a few missions with my other half on being zombie killers.

blueskydwg

Steward
sure be a whole lot less entertainment after nerf, I calculate about 5 mins of it, though even that won't be entertainment just the standard 5 mins of farming everyone will be permitted to do
Perhaps if you actually joined a guild in Beta and experienced the change in battlegrounds then your opinion might mean something. Our guild seems to still have lots of activity - perhaps somewhat slower - don't do the every 4 hour change over - but way more than 5 minutes worth.

blueskydwg

Steward
Thnx Inno!!
6 Traps built around my first tile... death sentence for me as a one man guild.
Up yours AND your GbG ;-)
Why would they do that? And what does the change in SC support have to do with that? Even if this change wasn't in progress you would have about the same amount of success of busting out of that. The other guilds in your Platinum league must really have it out for you.

blueskydwg

Steward
my game as far as FOE goes has until a month ago been focused on GBG as that's where the enjoyment has been for me but yes you're quite right I will and already have made a big return to RL and it's a far better option, as I've said I welcome the destruction of the game to remove what has been a bit of an addiction for me this last year, prior to FOE I hadn't played video games for over 10 years and once I leave this game will make sure it's longer next time :D
And again I say - you haven't experience the change yet in Beta because you don't belong to a guild.
Are you this much a chicken little in your live server?
They sky is falling, the sky is falling - LOL

King Flush

Marquis
And again I say - you haven't experience the change yet in Beta because you don't belong to a guild.
Are you this much a chicken little in your live server?
They sky is falling, the sky is falling - LOL
I know precisely the effect of at least 34% attrition per fight thanks, I don't even need a piece of paper to add up 2+2 I can do it all in my head I'm just so darn clever.
How could I even experience it in Beta? with no buildings whatsoever what exactly do you think I'm going to experience?

You are very funny though :D

It's simple math. Larger guilds can spread the attrition out among more people. The smaller guilds are hit harder than the big guilds. As with every change in GbG so far the small guilds are put at a bigger disadvantage. Many good suggestions have been made in the past regarding more even matchups, yet they have all been ignored and again the small guilds are put at an even bigger disadvantage

knarre sbeat

Merchant
It's simple math. Larger guilds can spread the attrition out among more people. The smaller guilds are hit harder than the big guilds. As with every change in GbG so far the small guilds are put at a bigger disadvantage. Many good suggestions have been made in the past regarding more even matchups, yet they have all been ignored and again the small guilds are put at an even bigger disadvantage
But shouldnt it be like that?
The Goal of an GbG orianted Guild should always be 80 member strong.
Yes, if a 80 member Guild is as active
as a 79 member guild, the 80 members have 1 member advantage.^^
Same with 80 against 20 or 25 against 5.
But why should anything changes there? why should smaller guilds get the same as big ones.
Its very hard to keep a Big Guild stable and happy. way harder then small guilds.
Me personally, always would choose the more active GbG Guild, doesnt bother me if there are 80 or 20 members.
But of course GbG is designed for maximum members equal 80.
If you have only 75 members, some of them more active,
some not so active, your just a normal guild.
There anrent many GbG orianted Guilds that have 80 active members, but those who do, should be rewarded for sure and better then a 20 -60 people guild with 40 loging in once a week.

Someone in here had a good idea to make the map larger, that large so no guilds could flip sectors all day without leaving sectors for other guilds.
I like the idea. _Make it so big, after 23 hours there are still sectors claimable for all Guilds, you can never claim all in one day.
That would be nice.
But only 1 of plenty solution offered in this Forum. Wich one to choose?
Now Inno have choosen this Idea. I love this Game and i support Innos ideas.

I play in a smaller guild but active in GbG. im looking forward for the nerf and the challange.
The chessboard meta was just so boring and it was 2 years. imagine any other competitive game keeping a meta 2 years, unimaginable.
So happy at last the change is gonna come.
Also imo the attrition nerf is a really good idea.
It promotes fights for not so active players but gbg oriented guilds still will dominate.

No small guild asked for equal rights but a chance to participate in GbG.
I see that happining with the nerf. GbG oriented Guilds will and should still have an advantage.

Last edited:

senecaone

Farmer
GBG on many servers is dominated by a few hundred players in the top diamond maps. I'm in favor of making changes that improve the game experience for the majority.

reducing the power of camps and towers without also changing traps and decoys will not work, in my considered opinion.

Owl II

Emperor
this thread has turned so toxic, especially beta players bullying players they don't think are on beta or bullying people who're on beta for their experiences

it's fun

I think the whole game will turn in to this turd show very soon, there'll be practically nothing else to do

mods will need a raise
We can predict anything, but this prediction will come true with 100% probability. I'm sure

EaCy

Farmer
The cap minimum should be 80% and/or limit the fights and/or negotiations per day or smaller players will stand no chance.

lacsapgaah

Farmer
GBG on many servers is dominated by a few hundred players in the top diamond maps. I'm in favor of making changes that improve the game experience for the majority.

reducing the power of camps and towers without also changing traps and decoys will not work, in my considered opinion.

What experience do you have on the new battlefield to affirm this? Did you just sign up to preach for your parish?

King Flush

Marquis
What experience do you have on the new battlefield to affirm this? Did you just sign up to preach for your parish?
the lack of intelligence staggers me when I read comments like this, or maybe it's just a poor understanding of mathematics and logic, all the negative effects of the nerf are blatantly obvious, you can all stick your head in the sand and try to dismiss things, deem players views who don't play Beta as irrelevant but will make it all the more sweet to say 'I told you so' after the event, bring it on!

Yekk

Regent

The league my live guild just finished has 200+ just in the top 4 guilds that loved how GBG worked for us. There are 7 other such leagues on my world...Even if those other leagues had slightly lower numbers that equals more than 25% of all active players. I did not include each guilds farmers(nonfighters). If I did that number goes to 40%...

Come back when you have something true to say...

lacsapgaah

Farmer
the lack of intelligence staggers me when I read comments like this, or maybe it's just a poor understanding of mathematics and logic, all the negative effects of the nerf are blatantly obvious, you can all stick your head in the sand and try to dismiss things, deem players views who don't play Beta as irrelevant but will make it all the more sweet to say 'I told you so' after the event, bring it on!
You don't have to be super smart to figure out that greed that drove Inno to impose that nerf.
You can cry all you want, it will be rolling out to live servers soon.
The good players will adapt, the mourners will disappear

A simple solution could just making the basecamp have 2 or 3 camps, so every guild, even the smaller ones, have every chance to get on the map without blowing their attrition on the first sector. If you combine that with an inabbility to build traps, decoys et cetera in front of another guilds base, everyone should be able to get enough out of GBG, More camps at outer rings should bring more action for everyone.

King Flush

Marquis
You don't have to be super smart to figure out that greed that drove Inno to impose that nerf.
You can cry all you want, it will be rolling out to live servers soon.
The good players will adapt, the mourners will disappear
cry I am not, simply setting myself up to be able to laugh at you all when it happens, then we will see who is smart :)
'good players' will adapt, I doubt the game will offer enough for the 'good players' to remain, will be very lacking in depth, they'll likely find something more interesting to do like watching paint dry. sure I can adapt I can get more rewards than I get from GBG by other means but the fact is they are just boring, not saying GBG is currently the most exciting thing but it's the best that FOE offers so rip that out and tell me where the fun is?