• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Owl II

Emperor
About this topic...
The volcanic map and the waterfall map is somewhat different.

In the volcanic map, even the strongest guild would find themselves difficult to get out from the 159/160 blockage, even when they are strong enough to win all the racing situations.

When you try escaping from the blockage, you need 2 different routes to the sector in order to
gain control of it. One route is to attack and enforce owner change, the other is to attack right 4 hours after the first to actually capture the sector. You can't use the same route (except when you are attacking from the guild's base) because when the target unlocks, the first route would be taken away by the blocking guilds.

In the volcanic map, 2 routed attack is only possible for 2 of the surrounding sectors in addition to the 3 sectors adjacent to the base. Strong guilds may feel cheated when they are blocked by weaker guilds.

In the waterfall map, 2 routes can be found to the center of the map. And so, blocking strong guilds is rather difficult, and it is necessary to win races to keep the blockage. This means that strength of the guilds is more dominant in this map. Blocking don't look like a cheat any more, but in the realms, nothing really changed because in most of the cases, the blocking guilds are the strongest guilds on the map.
Yes, there could be depth in this primitive gameplay, too. It could be no worse than a GvG. It's just that the players see in it only what is available to their understanding. It's nice to see, however, that someone is not lazy to analyze and compare.

zookeepers

Marquis
It could be no worse than a GvG. It's just that the players see in it only what is available to their understanding.

I see it that GvG is greatly better than GBG at this point. GBG is a winner-take-all system, because winning a sector makes the next fight easier. The guild competition should be a more linear system where a guild with twice power compared to another guild gets twice their points, not 10 fold.

The cons of GvG is that it is only active within particular time of the day (not all players can take part) and that it is not available on mobile apps. So, in total GBG is still the better in my opinion.

kawada

Marquis
first round: 319 dislikes
second round: 130 dislikes

so for more than half of the people against it of round 1 it isn't a problem anymore o_O
For the 1st round, in game notification has been sent out on the day 1 of the voting (or at least at the very beginning of it). For the 2nd round, such a notification has been sent out a few hours ago. A number of supporters seems to be also proportionally lower.

Though , it’s not really clarified that it’s ANOTHER voting until you go to the forum. People might think they’ve already voted

0758EB19-F2BB-4CFD-891B-65AFA1F072EA.jpeg

Last edited:

just daby

Farmer
If this goes to the live servers I think a lot of players will quit. Inno will lose a lot of money from people building camps and using dimes to finish them and people who want to fight.....which is what the game is all about....... will get fed up and regard it as just another thing thats been nerfed. Its already bad enough the amount of negotiating we have to do

Can I ask a question: if the attrition is zero, then why don't you play on the whole map, but only took a small piece for yourself?
There are 52 contestable sectors on the volcano map, 53 on the waterfall. More or less, 1/2 are protected by 5+ building slots, another 1/4 by 3-4, and the remainder by 0-2. I get it that you consider yourself expert in all things GBG but I have never seen 2 guilds swap the entire map. Never. So, by all means, please post a picture of your current GBG map on live so that I can finally see how a "best in class" guild fights in GBG. Until I see evidence to the contrary, I'll believe that your guild is, at most, swapping the inner (zero attrition) rings and leaving the <4SC sectors for others until the last hours before reset. A picture is worth a 1000 words.....prove me wrong.

conqueror9

Regent
This is not relate with hugh guild, middle size or smaller guild issue

If any guild , no matter how big they are, do not battles, they cannot take over the whole map
If any guild, no matter how small they are, other guild do not battles, that small guild still able to take over whole map

If there is no guild come up to battles, your guild occupy whole Map from day 1 to end of GBG, your GUILD even though occupy whole map, your guild is still a LOSER.... a GBG without any more battles, how do call it as GBG...

as I say in other post, we are not afraid u take our sector, what we are afraid, u do not come to get our sector. Each sector u take from us, we have 160 battles back. It simply means we have 160 chances to farm something. Beating other guild is never the main goal of GBG, the goal is
(a) keep or promoto to next league, try not de-promoto, it just means ranking from rank 1 to 4 is sufficient. Ranking 5 to 8 may means your guild downgrade your treasures.
(b) amount of battles (farming) that u can do ...that is why we do not afraid other guild to take sector...u take 1 sector, we have 160 farming back, u take 2, we have 320 ( 160X2) farming back.....

as i also mentioned in other post, it is INNO FAULT
Inno has place less guild-co-operation guild with hugh guild-co-operation guild, those highly co-operation guild carry tons of hits (battles). Even inside their guild, some member do not have any chance to dispose their fully attri.....with this system, those member can discharge more attri only. It do not alter the fate of taking over the whole GBG's Map.

I can imagine
(I) if the 8 most higely guild-co-operation is grouped into 1 GBG, there will have a lot of sector exchange as every member of every 8 guild will always find the chance with sufficient guild member to take sectors from other guild. It is impossible for any 1 guild hold whole map all the time. Any 1 of the other 7 guild is able to take a lot of sectors as they all know "how to play GBG"

(II) if GBG is hold between 8 smaller guild-co-operation guilds. No guild is able to take over whole map as they never have sufficient "look and watch" that stop other guild proceed. Every 4 hour, when the shield is down, no matter what u have build inside that sector, it is open to hit and capture by other guild. That is to say, no one can corner off any guild as there is insufficient guild co-operation, Any guild can able have battles as many as they like. At the begin, it is just guild take sector without owner. Only later, when other guild meet ( possible center ), there will have limited sector exchange...it will more like a GBG TRAINING GROUP

(III) if GBG composed of 8 medium guild-co-operation guild, it is unlikely any guild can do any great damage until they can form joint-venture (next level of GBG ) ...but there may have more than 1 joint-ventures and still perform a lot of battles

GBG require a lot of guild-co-operation. You should never declare "EQUAL" between each other if your guild do not have sufficient guild-co-operation.
For example, a guild with 40 members with hugh degree of guild-co-operation, all 40 member goes to hit, each battles cost 1 attri. It will be 40 member X 160 attri =6400 battles...while a guild with 60 member, but only have 10 members to hit, it will be 10 member X160 = 1600 battles...
how can you say it is equal between 6400 battles ( equal to take over 40 sectors) with 1600 battles ( equal to take over 10 sectors)... it alter means .. if 5 seconds for 1 battles, 10 member to do 16 battles, 160 ( 10x16) battles to take a sector, it will take 80 seconds ( 10 member do 16 sector, each battles take 5 seconds) compare with 40 member to do 4 battles, 160 ( 40x 4) battles to take a sector, it just take 20 seconds ( 40 member do 4 battles , each battles 5 seconds), it mean when both side hiting same sector, more members side take the LEAD.

if Inno can alter the arragement of grouping guild according to their "total ---battles/negotiation", your guild should have super few chance to meet with those guild which is over-whelm other guilds... as all guild inside that GBG are similar in guild co-operation
e.g. Your guild play several hours in GBG will meet with those play several hour, you may end up ...never reach opposite side , while your opposite guild will never reach you too... your guild will have many battles as you like

you feel it is unfair to you as you look like corner off while other occupy whole map, it is becos you are wrongly assign by Inno to a GBG that has many guild have hugh guild- co-operation

But for a hugh guild-co-operation guild, they also feel unfair as for example... the other 7 guild are suppose to take 2 to 3 or more sector from that guild, so they can have 14, 21 or more sector to take back.....but other seems inactive guild...... why INNO assign inactive guild into this GBG with him....those inactive guild is now those guild that complaint to ask for a change, but they never think it is INNO FAULT, they just think it is GBG issue that perform 1600 battles is equal to perform 6400 battles .....

once if INNO can group guilds with similar guild-co-operation together in a GBG, you will also find those 66.6% cap is actually a heavy penalty to those medium to smaller guild-co-operation guild as they cannot enjoy to do more battles with the help of sc as the Map is now fully open to them as the giant (what they call) is no longer with them

King Flush

Marquis
first round: 319 dislikes
second round: 130 dislikes

so for more than half of the people against it of round 1 it isn't a problem anymore o_O
people are probably bored of it all now, some may have already left, some have lost interest in the game already with just the thought that a mindless nerf like this may come in, some like me now want it to come in, not because they think it's good but because it seems more fun to watch the game be destroyed than carrying on as is.

There seems (just my observation) a decisive lack of enthusiasm amongst many guilds and less activity on external 1.9's since this nerf was proposed now you can put it down to being holiday season in my world but seems more than that to me. maybe just the suggestion has already started knocking some nails in the coffin, it has for me at least.

This thread is pointless now all we do is repeat, repeat, still many concerns never got answered but that won't change as there is no answer to them.

Owl II

Emperor
There are 52 contestable sectors on the volcano map, 53 on the waterfall. More or less, 1/2 are protected by 5+ building slots, another 1/4 by 3-4, and the remainder by 0-2. I get it that you consider yourself expert in all things GBG but I have never seen 2 guilds swap the entire map. Never. So, by all means, please post a picture of your current GBG map on live so that I can finally see how a "best in class" guild fights in GBG. Until I see evidence to the contrary, I'll believe that your guild is, at most, swapping the inner (zero attrition) rings and leaving the <4SC sectors for others until the last hours before reset. A picture is worth a 1000 words.....prove me wrong.
:rolleyes:
People can be mistaken. But to mistaken with such tenacity? It is necessary to be especially gifted. Alternatively. I told you we're not playing chess this season. The most lively guild is hostile to us. They understand everything and don't ask for a tough game, although;) Here's a hot screen for you, the paint hasn't cooled down yet. Our map at the moment

:rolleyes:
People can be mistaken. But to mistaken with such tenacity? It is necessary to be especially gifted. Alternatively. I told you we're not playing chess this season. The most lively guild is hostile to us. They understand everything and don't ask for a tough game, although;) Here's a hot screen for you, the paint hasn't cooled down yet. Our map at the moment
You have the temerity to say that I am mistaken and you send a picture that fails to support what you have been claiming. o_O

I'm patient. Do you think that you will be "playing chess" next season? I really want to see the best in action.

Owl II

Emperor
You have the temerity to say that I am mistaken and you send a picture that fails to support what you have been claiming. o_O

I'm patient. Do you think that you will be "playing chess" next season? I really want to see the best in action.
Are you sick? What do you want to see? I showed you a map on which our provinces are under lock not only on the 4th line, but also on the fifth. It's not difficult: the tiles are accompanied by three camps basically. Somewhere there are even four. Blue aren't strong enough to do the same. But they try. They hit the 4th line the same way, in general. Who can know if we will be assigned to a group with a sufficiently strong and loyal opponent next season? I'm not.