• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Fenix

Viceroy
The ugly truth: GBG is all about personal gain, and very indirectly makes a contribution to the guide.

I'm one of the players who does 8/9k battles (2k this season), have I won less? yes, I earned less, but even so I made more profit than all members earn in some guilds, some that could be totally blocked by us (me and others who have the same power).
Even within my guild there were members who claimed in the past that we caught everything, and when they tried to do battles they had nothing for hours (and they are right).
I think these changes make sense, the system has to create brakes for us, giving space for other players (even those of the own guild), to be able to do much more than what they were doing.

I am oce again sorry INNO your 3 camps to me and listen please are a total scam unwillingly . Asc much as the 66.5% is a great move How many will complain its more like 35% lol. Not one time have 3 camp fights ever ever stayed bellow 36-48% are you hesitant to release how many of us cross world have complained? do the 66.6 and maker it 66.6 not a lottery per 100k fight samples neglecting how upset 1 player is doing 320 3 cmp fights and almost alway gets over 100 attrition always the same has abuone else complained be forward and honest before you 66.6% implement and make sure 66.6 is 66.6% not 100k sample but per 100 fights????? I have voted yes love the fairplay hate your always failing in making thesec odds be the odds publised.

jovada

Regent
instead of striving for greatness, we are being asked to settle for mediocrity; the FOE version of the old grade school trope: give those who can't fight extra "chancies" by penalizing those who can fight.
Woaw and me thinking GbG was turned into mediocrity before only inspiring a handfull of players that want to click all day long to exploit the game for the tons of fp and diamonds they can farm and so they can brag " hé i clicked all day long i'm rank 63 now" making you not stronger or better then he who is maybe rank 203 but can beat you easily.

What i saw was that on the map there were more guilds having sectors now, of course this was only 1 season and on beta and further testing must be done.

All those guilds claiming we invested a lot you are not the only , all guilds do that except those who really don't care.
I hear always our guildmembers this and our guildmembers that (they will not grow, they will stop playing and more nonsens)
The fact is that 99% of those guilds that yell the most it is only 3 or 4 people of that guild that does 90% of all the fights to exploit the maximum and the others are there to take the startingsectors with full attrition for them (if they don't use a second account for that purpose haha)
All those players who manage to do 15.000+ fights in a season is only because they use their other guildmembers for the sectors with 0 and 1 camp, and only wait to jump in at 0 attrition to exploit a maximum because it's pure math you can't do so many fights otherwise.

Maybe now you will have to involve more guildmates if you wish to control a map and really do some guildwork.
And maybe now we will see some real GbG guild against guilds and not guild with guild only to exploit the map.

And yelling we will not spend diamonds anymore innogames will loose money??
I saw the example of NinjAlin he had 26x25 diamonds, i don't know if he payed 13 camps or not, i showed an other example where i bought 3 camps and received 8x25 making a profit of 50.
Face it you still will use camps and buy them because if you don't you will do even less fights, of course you can say i wait 2h till they are ready but you are to afraid that an other guildmate will use them when they are ready, or you will set a timer to make sure you can use them, because hé that's the mentality.

Conclusion: i hope GbG will be turned in greatness making it real challenges and not the mediocrity it was turned in before where only endless clicking counts.

Last edited:
Don't you think it makes sense to ask for feedback after experiencing a whole season with the changes? I think it does.
I'm not sure if anyones opinions changed at all. People who weren't playing gbg didn't get affected, and players who got capped felt the cap. I haven't read every single reply, but I havent seen any that said, "thanks to this cap, my guild placed #1-3 in gbg when we couldn't before!"

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'm not sure if anyones opinions changed at all. People who weren't playing gbg didn't get affected, and players who got capped felt the cap. I haven't read every single reply, but I havent seen any that said, "thanks to this cap, my guild placed #1-3 in gbg when we couldn't before!"
Why would you expect that result or that that was the intention? The stronger guilds will still be stronger of course.

The question is does the guild that's destined for 6th-8th feel they had a little less pressure on them such that they could do something? i.e. that they can say fight over who got 6th and stuck around in low diamond rather than just accepting who got given 6th by the guilds running the map.

Why would you expect that result or that that was the intention? The stronger guilds will still be stronger of course.

The question is does the guild that's destined for 6th-8th feel they had a little less pressure on them such that they could do something? i.e. that they can say fight over who got 6th and stuck around in low diamond rather than just accepting who got given 6th by the guilds running the map.
That was my justification on "what possible change in feedback would have occured now that didn't come up 80 pages ago" as one of the big reasons people were saying yes to the change, and I haven't seen anyone change their heart on it or any objective benefit for the change.

GateKeeper

Baronet
Great change to attrition. Good start, more to do though.

Next changes:
  1. Lower amount of wins to capture a sector, i.e Diamond 140 points. each league is also fine to reduce by 10-20 wins. This will lower attrition build up as well.
  2. Rid of the "old map", go with new map, and you can still rotate the different rewards types.
  3. and finally on the "new map" you have to re-balance the buildings per sector now, as the media would say... "now more than ever!". This will also help with lesser 66& attrition to be fair for guilds to progress across maps.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
That was my justification on "what possible change in feedback would have occured now that didn't come up 80 pages ago" as one of the big reasons people were saying yes to the change, and I haven't seen anyone change their heart on it or any objective benefit for the change.
Well for changes of heart, I think the best chance would be "I thought I'd hate it, but turns out I don't mind". Or alternatively "I thought it wouldn't be so bad, but it turns out I hate it because _____"

But the problem with finding such feedback is most of the posters here (myself included) are nowhere near the "right spot" to evaluate on beta for what they want on their live realm. (right spot in many ways - city development, guild style, etc).

So there's only a very few of the people in this thread that *can* actually test the changes in a meaningful way. I've enjoyed Ninjalin and jovada's posts about how things actually went for them. But that's a teeny tiny sample size to color one's opinion - and still based on 2nd hand information and speculation of how their experience will apply to you.

The end of this past season could NOT have come fast enough... I'm Very disappointed. Rewards this season were reduced significantly. City growth was slowed. By the end of the first weekend, I simply took a couple days off from GBG. I have this beta and 2 production server cities. I am curtailing my diamond purchases and plans to continue with one production server city until I hear whether this change will be implemented on the production servers and if it is to be taken to production servers, that city will be abandoned. As for the second city, under the same username as the beta, we'll evaluate that one later. I am a primarily a farmer who fights with my guilds when the opponents put up a race. I have now learned that, as a farmer, I am apparently scorned by many - guess it's consistent with RL -- who'da thought????. That's really sad. I have an arc in the 130's... I'd hate to waste all the effort that has gone into buidling that. However, I am finding myself a bit less motivated to play the game at all... To be unable to complete even a single tile between Attrition resets is ABSURD!

Thunderdome

Emperor
Don't you think it makes sense to ask for feedback after experiencing a whole season with the changes? I think it does.
As does getting the full reason why this change was implemented in the first place...

Anyways, I would like to re-iterate my earlier post(s) on a suggestion I was working on in hopes that it will improve GBg. Below is a composite list on each league along with certain SC/WT percent caps:

• Copper League - SC/WT Cap: 100% - Beginner League
• Silver League - SC/WT Cap: 92% - Begin-Intermediate League
• Gold League - SC/WT Cap: 85% - Intermediate League
• Platinum League - SC/WT Cap: 75% - Inter-Expert League
• Diamond League - SC/WT Cap: 66.6% - Expert League

Reason: The current changes affects mostly the medium and small players/guilds much more than it affects the advanced/large players and guilds with its "one size fits all" method. Should these changes be implemented, GBg will be somewhat fun and players will participate more. There is no room for abuse as guilds will have to either play (to get the rewards) or just sit (and not get rewards).

The other two suggestions I had liked are limiting the number of fights to a number per day and having rewards earned after each fight/negotiation.

You do not seem to have understood the current system...

The players in big guilds currently make less profits than the players in 20 member guilds, simply because there are not enough progress points available to fully use up their attrition potential.

Now big guilds finally will make sense again for the personal gain - only the big guild will be able to get to the center and make more fights on low attrition.

The GBG will now finally get closer to what they were intended to be from the get go - "not a 24/7 feature". And the endless farmerama will have an end.

Personally, I would be fine without the cap, or with a higher cap. The gains above 4 camps do not seem too big...

The only thing standing in the way of a proper ranking now are the given LP gains/losses such that guilds do not continue to be on a roller-coaster...
The more players the more battles, the faster the tiles get turned over and become open once again in 4 hours. Whether farming or fighting or both primarily, the total fights with limited capability is now reduced. Smaller guilds mean the turnover of tiles is much less and they sit longer awaiting cap and turnover. Look at the total number of fights and you'll see the difference. And if they don't get turned because they can't fight any more, they are essentially unavailable for play.

GateKeeper

Baronet
Great change to attrition. Good start, more to do though.

Next changes:
  1. Lower amount of wins to capture a sector, i.e Diamond 140 points. each league is also fine to reduce by 10-20 wins. This will lower attrition build up as well.
  2. Rid of the "old map", go with new map, and you can still rotate the different rewards types.
  3. and finally on the "new map" you have to re-balance the buildings per sector now, as the media would say... "now more than ever!". This will also help with lesser 66& attrition to be fair for guilds to progress across maps.

Reason: The current changes affects mostly the medium and small players/guilds much more than it affects the advanced/large players and guilds with its "one size fits all" method. Should these changes be implemented, GBg will be somewhat fun and players will participate more. There is no room for abuse as guilds will have to either play (to get the rewards) or just sit (and not get rewards).

The other two suggestions I had liked are limiting the number of fights to a number per day and having rewards earned after each fight/negotiation.

I like what Thunderdome suggested about the league, not sure how easy that is to develop per league, probably not terribly hard, but I like that idea.

Excellent news.
It was totally absurd to be able to play without attrition.
1 point every 3 fights seems a correct minimum.
WHY was it totally absurd to be able to play without attrition??? If you didn't want this, then why did you only fight in attrition-free camps? How did fighting attrition-free hurt your play??? You want one point every 3 fights? Don't put 4 camps down -- just use two camps and a tower and you've got what you want.

sirblu

Baronet
WHY was it totally absurd to be able to play without attrition??? If you didn't want this, then why did you only fight in attrition-free camps? How did fighting attrition-free hurt your play??? You want one point every 3 fights? Don't put 4 camps down -- just use two camps and a tower and you've got what you want.
Really!!!! There is No attrition in GvG and No attrition in GE!

Yekk

Regent
looks like fully a third want this change, which is pretty high for a change of this nature, and if you take out the first 15-16 pages of comments and any votes that were cast prior to the season even starting, I bet it would be higher. I think this is headed for the live servers.
They want "A" change... not necessarily this one. I put up a long time ago GBG had problems only to be ignored by Inno. I was not alone. I am just guessing but my guess is over 1/2 would have been happier with the lesser nerf of guild founders having the ability to stay in a lesser league. The lower leagues work just fine. Platinum and even D-lite are robust. Only in 1K do guilds have to sit on the sidelines. Guilds that seldom want to be there. They just consider it a 11 day vacation.
What is more important is the last few pages are almost all negative to the change. Players asked in game for their views...

sirblu

Baronet
As does getting the full reason why this change was implemented in the first place...

Anyways, I would like to re-iterate my earlier post(s) on a suggestion I was working on in hopes that it will improve GBg. Below is a composite list on each league along with certain SC/WT percent caps:

I think this is a good idea and if it is added to the suggestions I made earlier you just might achieve the complete re-balancing that you are seeking!

Yekk

Regent

Not feasible. except for 1 man guilds lower leagues do not have the treasuries. you could have 100% in gold but few guilds will build as they can't. Even in Platinum guilds seldom build