• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Owl II

Emperor
Be afraid of your desires, it tend to be executed(C). I'm already waiting for this nerf in the living worlds. I want to see the consequences

Finkadel

Marquis
I do not understand the logic. It is like saying rich people have to drive VW's so they can drive around cramped up like poor people, or worse take the bus. Your claim is for taking away the incentive for personal success. And believe it or not, a game needs revenue to survive. If someone is not actively participating in the acquisition of diamonds, they are a freeloader running on free stuff. (not you personally, just the idea of fairness) Think of Diamond buyers as Super-Chats on social media.
That was sarcasm, Sir, thank you very much...

Owl II

Emperor
I just saw a system message in the game with an offer to share my impressions. Ok. Now that the season is over, I think that:
1) The game takes much less time from an ordinary player(like)
2) The game takes more time from the leaders(dislike)
3) Nerf of camps did not force weak guilds to play more actively(dislike)
4) Nerf of camps have reduced rewards for strong players(don't care)
5) Nerf of camps did not affect the match of guilds in the leagues in any way(great dislike)

I don't know what you wanted to see on sleepy beta. This is an analogue of the platinum league in the living worlds in terms of intensity. You won't understand how this will affect the diamond league until you start it live. Ready to kill GBG in diamond league? Go

sirblu

Baronet
Like I stated before "The inbalance IS NOT with the bldgs but with the way Guilds are thrown together". In my other world we are in the 4th season in GbG.
And for the 4th time we are beached by the larger guilds and are not allowed to even take one sector. Maybe you should match Guilds up by the number of members they have and not by this ridiculous point schedule. OR - put more space in between to advance to a higher league. And while I understand that there are small Guilds who are just as or more powerful than a larger Guild, I think this is the exception and not the rule. To constantly pit the small guilds that have 20-30 members against large Guilds that have 50-80 members is really unfair to the smaller guilds. They constantly are beached and not allowed to even play because the large guilds take control of the map within an hour of a new season starting. While this change will slow down the farming it will not address the unbalance issue. The larger guilds will still beach the smaller ones making it impossible for them to play.
Perhaps adding an option of not advanceing to a higher level would go a long way in helping GbG become more balanced so everyone can play.
Plus it would stop the constant bouncing back and forth between levels. There are Guilds who, because of their numbers are not competetive in the diamond league but if they have a good season in the Platinum league are then tossed back into the Diamond league when they really belong in Platinum.
And this is true for all the levels not just the high-end ones.

King Flush

Marquis
If 30 minutes is not enough to satisfy the craving, there's PvP where the fights are nearly unlimited for end-game players. Also, start a new city?
you don't get it, how does PVP satisfy the tactical side and comradery that GBG caters for? PVP like GE when you're at a certain level there is no skill involved, it's not about needing to fill our time playing the game, christ there's much better things that I ought to be doing and will if the only real fun element of the game is taken away.

sirblu

Baronet
I have a suggestion...

group guild according amount of "battles and negotiation" when GBG end

group into several groups who makes tons of battles ( strong good GBG )
say Group A 30k ...diamond league
say Group B 20K
say Group C, D, E, F ...etc

when a new GBG start, choose 6 from Group A and 2 from Group B
if u are good, you will remain in group A when GBG end
there will have a lot of interaction between

weaker guild who do not have sufficient battles will drop in group
facing similar group
then they can have more battles as the competitor are similar
That's is pretty much the same as using the 1000 max point schedule. If the entire map is controled by the 2 huge guilds within an hour of the season opening and they beach all the smaller guilds and do not let them play then the smaller guilds will still not get in the battles to allow them to progress.
That is exactly what is happening now with the 1000 point limit . I still say to match up the guilds by the number of members and not by battles nor points.

drax

Merchant
Pathfinder
According to a message I got....
Battleground Changes:

Now that the season is over, please tell us what you thought about the changes done in the feedback thread in our forum. We are excited to hear what you thought!

What changes? not really interested in Battleground and only look at it occasionally for quests => x win battles.

Hope these thoughts excite you as much battleground excites me

Owl II

Emperor
According to a message I got....
Battleground Changes:

Now that the season is over, please tell us what you thought about the changes done in the feedback thread in our forum. We are excited to hear what you thought!

What changes? not really interested in Battleground and only look at it occasionally for quests => x win battles.

Hope these thoughts excite you as much battleground excites me
Here is the most positive and informative review:D

plotus

Farmer
There are no "crying small guilds". None of the small guilds could care less about this change, they don't build SCs. It is only the top 3-5% of guilds that build SCs. Balancing is a good idea but NEVER balance by bringing the best down, it's like communism, take away the incentives for the best and you bring everything down. However, leaving GBG only for elites is also a bad idea, it does not trickle down. Inno should look at ways to make GBG more attractive to platinum and gold league guilds. If the rewards in platinum were as good as diamond then more guilds would take part. Why should a fight in platinum be worth less than one in diamond? In GE every encounter is worth the same no matter your point score / ranking, why should GBG be any different.

The season is over but the nightmares will persist... The SC nerf will harm small - medium players and guilds. In past seasons on beta i would average around 2-3,000 fights per season. This season i finished with 1,200 only by maxing my attrition daily and losing tons of troops....
If GBG stays this way i will drop down to about 600 per season as the continual troop losses will quickly become overwhelming... The one upside is that i can now complete daily GBG in under 30 minutes which greatly reduces the time spent on this server...
When these changes roll onto the live servers i will only need to spend two hours a day playing FoE on my two live worlds and this beta server so i will easily get back ten hours a day to spend on other pursuits/games.
Congratulations INNO... With this change You will kill Your most popular game.... Enjoy Your next careers...

mcbluefire

Baronet
I think that you are incorrect and that further testing will prove this. Players will figure out how to maximize rewards following this paradigm shift and GBG will find a new equilibrium. The battles will be fewer, likewise the rewards, and this is INNO's plan. But, if you find that GBG is not sustainable, for you, there's no requirement that you continue to participate in it. INNO doesn't need to kill it.

Please do not presume to know Inno's plan. They have only mentioned that attrition & ~"sustainability and balance for the feature" was their plan, nothing else specific. I don't disagree with your assessment, however, it is too common place that members of this forum put words in our developer's mouths...arguably because the developer's speak through an intermediary without specifics for whatever reasons their company finds it to be necessary. We all know their developer chats on FB are lacking in reasoning for decisions made and the folks brave enough to get in front of the camera obviously have major restrictions on what they can share outside of cute anecdotes about the events.

While you may be correct that some players will figure out how to maximize rewards (aka "how to make obvious the next hole for Inno to slam shut years down the road."), I am betting many more players will join the mindset of the guilds that don't attempt to compete as gone will be their ability to make a dent against guilds that have already established domination in a given season.

I can, however, give you my plan should this nerf come to live. I will login each day, do my daily collections, hit a comfortable attrition rate in GbG. I can do 90, but why take the troop losses? So 70 will be fine. The proponents of this change seem to think we'll always have 4 SCs around every sector, but that's not reality so it's unlikely we'll run 66.6% on every hit. With 70 attrition I'll either get 35 a day (thanks to traps) or upwards of 210 hits if I hit only 4 SC surrounded sectors AND hit the jackpot on RNG. Probability says I'll end up closer to 140-180 fighting advances a day. That's just about one sector. Hilarious. Night crews made up of a few people will not be able to effectively help the guild anymore.... but then it (overnight flipping/defense) probably won't matter to most guilds if this change goes live.

Based on my past actual performance for GbG Reward % that means I'll earn (post nerf with ~140 hits):
~200 Great Elephant fragments
~252 SoH fragments
~4840 FP (< 4 days of city collections for 10 days GbG average effort? Not really worth it.)
~665 Diamonds
a season, which is a major reduction compared to(3750 hits/season):
~525 G.Elephant
~787 SoH
~12,975 FP (this was ~11 days of city collections done in 10 days GbG effort... pretty good deal)
~1800 Diamonds.
What about 10K hits in a season? I have hit just below 10K a few times, but typically am between 1800 and 5K:
~1400 G.Elephant
~2100 SoH
~34600 FP
~4750 diamonds.

Not sure what the issue was with members of a guild working together as a team to help each other obtain rewards like the latter two calculation sets show. It takes a lot of effort to show up enough times to be a person who hits 10K hits in a season. Bunch of alarm setting, a good set of leaders working across guilds, diamonds to quick set SCs, guild goods, and time in game. Maybe, just maybe this nerf is coming to "fix" the "issues" with problems in GbG - lag (mobile and PC), lockups for PC users, unknown errors, etc? If I'm right, guess it's easier to limit players interactions per day than to fix the issues. This season on live I'm at an average of 422 hits per day and I was away most all day Saturday and Sunday.

All in all, my desire to perform in GbG will drop as the RNG will become more obvious and more frustrating and I'll probably knock back to doing just over the guild minimum requirement for GbG. This will free me from needing to do anything after I finish my goal to Arc 180 as I won't need more attack boost

Last edited:

sirblu

Baronet
Here are some suggestions that might help in rebalancing GbG.

1. Delete all buildings and let us test it that way - then add back the bldgs you deem necessary or get rid of them altogether
2. Match Guilds together based on number of Guild members:
1-30 members
31-55 members
56-80 members
3. Put more distance between League levels - especially at the top end.
Copper 0-200
Silver 201-550
Gold 551-900
Platinum 901-1250
Diamond lower 1251-1500
Diamond upper 1500 and greater
4. Add an option to not move up in league for the next season.
5. Look into the lp points awarded for placements and adjust as necessary

Let us test it this way first and then tweak it as necessary to achieve a true balance effect.

Last edited:

LastWarrior

Regent
Well I think the positive feedback for no change is overwhelming.
If you are listening to your players then think of something else to remove like the useless Gvg which 90% of players cannot actually play.
From what I have read through you will lose many phone players if this happens.
So please leave it as it is.
THX

Something had to be done about the endless loot drops of zero attrition fights. No more free fights seems the best option. I also think that this could result in a more competitive than cooperative gbg. By decreasing the value of siege camps, the value of traps and forts go up.