• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Results after 2 days of testing:
- the GbG map has never been so open, all guilds have at least 3 sectors each.
- my guild has never been stuck in HQ for hours like before.
- the two big guilds run out of steam quite quickly and they do not come to finish their attrition on the external sectors at the end of the day.
- everyone takes pleasure in replaying, no longer being spectators is a joy.
- a guild has set a trap, good for them. it lost resources and slowed down the principle of sector exchange. (finally the traps regain their importance)

I don't feel a big difference in my total number of fights, we very rarely played with more than 3 Camps, but I feel a bigger playability from the 8 guilds present.

I just can't wait to experience it on my live server where there is bigger activity than on this test server (something many seem to have forgotten).

jovada

Regent
Well, then I don't understand you. I don't believe the situation is much better in your main world than anywhere else.
And if you are so much against the big guilds "greed" then why are you in one of them?
I am not in one of the greed guilds but i'm founder/leader of my guild since 2013, i hear shouting "we worked hard to raise buildings and att/def" we do the same , because other then some says here it is still good to raise att/def it's as simple as it is, the more att/def the more attrition you can handle.

Of course we are not stupid and also take our profits with camps when possible, but that does'nt mean i'm opposed to a more fair game so more players can enjoy it and not only the 5% whales (including me)

I proposed a long time ago only one slot in each sector (all sectors also the outside)

Imagine this was implemented from the start, guild would really fight for prestige to be nr1 in the season , big (best) guilds will of course dominate but smaller guilds are always able to counter a little bit. the good fighters just do the same as now , raise att/def to do more fights, they would be happy with the profits of let us say 200 fights a day (because they don't know at that moment of getting endless free fights and rewards), all the buildings matter at that moment and not only camps , you could have more strategy in placing buildings or destroying them and replace with another)

I'm sure there would be no protest if the GbG started this way, maybe the only protest would have been because nobody likes to fight them that traps are to strong,

In one way i understand the yellers, they think more it was a given right to them and now they cut their free profit, but like i said being one of the dinosaurus in foe i want a real gameplay and fun for more then that 5%

And yelling and menace we will quit foe and stop playing? Do you really think that a few whales leaving will destroy foe, i rather think that the other 95% active players that are frustrated because they are put aside will become more active then hahaha.

jmtiago

Farmer
- the two big guilds run out of steam quite quickly and they do not come to finish their attrition on the external sectors at the end of the day.
- a guild has set a trap, good for them. it lost resources and slowed down the principle of sector exchange. (finally the traps regain their importance)

I don't feel a big difference in my total number of fights, we very rarely played with more than 3 Camps, but I feel a bigger playability from the 8 guilds present.

I just can't wait to experience it on my live server where there is bigger activity than on this test server (something many seem to have forgotten).

league ranking ? and size of the guilds ?

Yekk

Viceroy

The map I am on has 7 guilds, is 1K, 4 of the guilds hold 2 tiles or less. Only one has tried to fights its way put. Which is useless as they have only a couple fighters and get att locked at the in tile...The other 3 guilds are all powerhouses and the only change is LESS FIGHTS NOW...
As you said it has not helped your fight total and the big guilds are getting hurt...

jmtiago

Farmer
The map I am on has 7 guilds, is 1K, 4 of the guilds hold 2 tiles or less. Only one has tried to fights its way put. Which is useless as they have only a couple fighters and get att locked at the in tile...The other 3 guilds are all powerhouses and the only change is LESS FIGHTS NOW...
As you said it has not helped your fight total and the big guilds are getting hurt...

yeah but are 85 players that like the changes.... ‍:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

What was shown with the new island map is that it is possible to fundamentally change the rules from round to round. Then the game developers can see which maps/rules create the most participation and which create the most cash. After all it's a business and ultimately the one that generates the most cash is probably the favorite if players too.

So I would like to see a lot of different rounds created. Here are a few suggestions:
1) Free attrition one day round each sector 10,000 advancements

2) 3 day round each sector 3 building slots.

3) normal length base has 2 seige camps, sectors next to base have 2 slots plus a building that acts like 2 traps but the guild who owns base is immune too. Seige camps and traps lose 4% effectiveness each sector more than 3 sectors away from base.

4) normal length only negotiating is allowed

5) normal length buildings have random strengths.

6)lowest ranked guild starts in center with 3 siege camps

7) 1 day all guilds start with random sectors and random buildings.

The point is for people who truly enjoy the game there are many ways that would be fun to do. I suggest that the developers put new rules into different round. I am sure they can see that there is way more activity and way more diamonds spent on the island map than on the volcano map already.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
new_gb10.png

NandodeMC

Merchant
What was shown with the new island map is that it is possible to fundamentally change the rules from round to round. Then the game developers can see which maps/rules create the most participation and which create the most cash. After all it's a business and ultimately the one that generates the most cash is probably the favorite if players too.

So I would like to see a lot of different rounds created. Here are a few suggestions:
1) Free attrition one day round each sector 10,000 advancements

2) 3 day round each sector 3 building slots.

3) normal length base has 2 seige camps, sectors next to base have 2 slots plus a building that acts like 2 traps but the guild who owns base is immune too. Seige camps and traps lose 4% effectiveness each sector more than 3 sectors away from base.

4) normal length only negotiating is allowed

5) normal length buildings have random strengths.

6)lowest ranked guild starts in center with 3 siege camps

7) 1 day all guilds start with random sectors and random buildings.

The point is for people who truly enjoy the game there are many ways that would be fun to do. I suggest that the developers put new rules into different round. I am sure they can see that there is way more activity and way more diamonds spent on the island map than on the volcano map already.
Yeah what about a day with each sector 10 advancements and no lock-down after capturing a sector

PD: That's not how Inno works. Feel free to dream ;)

nobufusa

Farmer

down vote

I don't feel a big difference in my total number of fights, we very rarely played with more than 3 Camps, but I feel a bigger playability from the 8 guilds present. You have never maximized the potential of battleground and you are biased because of it. I hope this works out for you.

nobufusa

Farmer
The only way players benefit now is by knowing the players who spent a lot of time and were here every 4 hours will no longer be able to do so. Burn it all down so we are equal now. That is a failed mentality and a player like that will never be an asset in this game.

It will be interesting to see if you still like it at end of round. Because there won't be incentive to swap sectors. The guilds that control the map will just take all sectors up to smaller guilds bases then put traps there instead of seige camps. Then it will be hard to escape.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
It will be interesting to see if you still like it at end of round. Because there won't be incentive to swap sectors. The guilds that control the map will just take all sectors up to smaller guilds bases then put traps there instead of seige camps. Then it will be hard to escape.
The fights individually still have the same value. And a large guild controlling the map has a lot of members to share fights that if they really shut everyone down they're missing out on quite a bit. 200-300 fights a day is still ~400 FP a day each that you won't get if you shut everyone down and they decide not to struggle.

CrashBoom

Legend
people who put traps in outer sectors (next to other bases) only to punish other players actually deserve this change :rolleyes:

- a guild has set a trap
the top guilds in my world made a gentlemen's agreement to not use traps a long time ago

With 2 sc I took a sector solo and ended up with 77 attrition, probably had a little bit of help here and there with a few battles (maybe did 150) in the 10 mins before recalc, had to neg once or twice because I lost my whole army. Wouldn't do it again, just wanted to see if I could do it.