• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

HunZ95

Squire
You don't get the point. It's not big guild against small guild that matters , that is the same as before, but if they also are countered with traps it will hurt the farmers who can do less fights and they will not be happy then.
This is a very bad attitude. don’t even care if you’re better off or not, the point is, the other player isn’t happy. Envy, envy everywhere, even though the opportunity would be given to everyone ...

GeniePower

Merchant
I don’t think the balancing issue is due to siege camps and attrition, big guilds will still beat smaller guilds even if they don’t get free attrition.

I think the balancing problem is more due to the current league placement. The current GBG placement ranking system allows more guilds to move up/ stay in Diamond 1000 League and not having enough guilds dropping down League. In a Diamond 1000LP group, top 4 guilds will always stay in the 1000LP. Consequently, there will only be more guilds that advance to 1000LP that can’t fight against the top guilds. Balancing would be changing the League Placement reward and have more guilds dropping down so only the top guilds get to stay in the 1000LP.
This. This is the root of the issue. We're in 1000 lp and this season we're with 2 guilds that can't even cap a single sector and 5 that are unable to swap even 1/4 of the map

GeniePower

Merchant
why should people raising their attack when currently 0 attrition already allows them free fights :rolleyes:

just checked the stats (from FoeHelper)
the record on live in my guild in previous GBG seasons: a player made 18.000 fights in one season

if we take 12 days (including the monday at the end) that are 1500 per day average o_O

let's say 300 :p
That really is a guild issue. We monitor candying and do what we can to distribute fights equally in the guild. Everyone needs to help with higher attrition sectors and who doesn't, doesn't have a long stay with us.

jovada

Regent
This is a very bad attitude. don’t even care if you’re better off or not, the point is, the other player isn’t happy. Envy, envy everywhere, even though the opportunity would be given to everyone ...

:DWhite envy, black envy..

Why is it so difficult to read and understand?
It has nothing to do with envy, but was an answer to the quote that big guilds will secure the map within 24h and put traps and decoys on the outer side.
What i was saying is that if they do they can be countered the same way and they will shoot in their own feet because they will suffer with more attrition and do lesser fights.
Second reason they have no interest in doiing that is that they will reduce their playmap to the inner circles that way wich mean also lesser fights.

So the best thing to do is grant smaller guilds their fights and that way they can also take back 4h later each time and not punish themselves.

Owl II

Emperor
It has nothing to do with envy, but was an answer to the quote that big guilds will secure the map within 24h and put traps and decoys on the outer side.
What i was saying is that if they do they can be countered the same way and they will shoot in their own feet because they will suffer with more attrition and do lesser fights.
Second reason they have no interest in doiing that is that they will reduce their playmap to the inner circles that way wich mean also lesser fights.

So the best thing to do is grant smaller guilds their fights and that way they can also take back 4h later each time and not punish themselves.
Perhaps this is as difficult as it is difficult for you to understand that less farm at the top does not automatically mean more farm at you. You still need to go and get it. But you won't go.

When devs made a copy-paste of the volcano map and made waterfalls, they also said that this would increase the competition. As a result, the same guilds who farmed earlier began to farm more. Those who were sitting on the shore continued their beach party. It doesn't matter what the conditions are. It is important that there is no reason for all this. For traps, palaces, speed fights and other attributes of a fight. No one goes to GBG for the first place. Everyone goes for the rewards. And those who are now encourage nerf SC also go to GBG for rewards. But they don't want to make efforts and will not

HunZ95

Squire

the problem is still that the smaller guilds want to get exactly the same as the top guilds, but they don't see behind things, they don't know how much work a top guild can build, keep, manage, organize all gbg, manage treasury, etc ... Only they see that the players are fighting a lot and there are a lot of rewards and they think it’s not fair.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
the problem is still that the smaller guilds want to get exactly the same as the top guilds,
if you're talking about having fun without being spectators for 11 days, yes!
if you're talking about earning that much, no. small guilds all claim the wish to stay in a lower league in order to play.
However, by being at least active, you are systematically propelled into the 1,000 LP league.
And the only solution given is to underplay so as not to be blocked.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
What makes You think guilds will still want to team up and try to swap if they cant do more than 300 fights a day per player and 2 sectors are 320 fights in diamond? :))

If this is going live, it will transform the players thinking similar to the very beggining, when all they did, was to spend atrition in GbG, few goods here and there and that's all for the day, people will lose their enthusiasm just for 200-300 fights a day, and will prefer to sit with the sectors or quit, just because there are 3-4 "hyped players" and ultra active for fps/diamonds in a guild it will not change something too much, just the first swap of sectors in a day :))

Another aspect that will increase hate between guildmates will be the share of atrition at the beggining, I wonder how many will sacrifice for the other players in the guild to use the maximum of 66.6%, everyone will want that :))
But time will tell.

I think there will be at least some that still want to do that. Some of the biggest guilds may still be able to flip 5 times a day because of the number of people they have to share the fights - but they will *have to* share the fights amongst their members rather than a few always-on people hogging as much free as they can get, so that's a positive there.

Regardless, the shortcoming will likely be that their swap partners may not be able to keep up to the frequency they desire. So contrary to "traps all around", I expect the strongest guilds will likely be glad for anyone to contribute some to their "stuff to take back" budget and not be trying to slow them down with traps.

Those swap partners may angle for the lockouts to maintain their perfect situation however. And some top guilds may agree to keep their biggest partners happy.

----

From the perspective of being in a small-midsized yoyo guild: Part of our strength *is* our treasury. The root cause of the yoyo for us is that in platinum we might take a day to setup - but once we do we're one of the strongest on the map. While in diamond, we don't have the time/opportunity to setup necessarily and are thus one of the weakest on the map. The skewed effect of free sieges is thus contributing to our rise to 1000 in the first place. Attrition having more meaning in our "easy" season, might move us down a few places and save us from jumping to 1000.

----

From the perspective of an individual player, I'm relieved that my fights/day will be limited - that at some point I'll just be done for the day rather than needing to watch for the next moments to go go go. I'll be less likely to be burned out by intense rounds (i.e. the time I did run 14k fights in a round I pretty much didn't want to GBG for a month afterwards anywhere). I may at some point dip my toe in a high end guild again as well depending on how things go - I didn't enjoy competing with my own guildmates for fights so I'd pretty much help with the first day's setup and then idle for most of the round - maybe kill some of the stuff noone else wanted because it gave attrition.

----

It's hard to tell how exactly the meta will change with 100% certainty - and it'll probably take several seasons to find out at minimum - first seasons being a mix of trying to just do the same thing and overreactions to the changes, then some seasons of attempts to adapt to new realities, and finally seasons of adapting to the adaptations to reach whatever the new steady state is. But this is at least real change of some variety - free fights were far too defining a property.

HunZ95

Squire
no
the small diamond league guilds want to play when they want to play

but they can't because 2 guilds are blocking the whole map
if the changes are introduced, the big guilds will not be able to play when they want and as much as they want because they will be limited to the level of 5-10 minute players per day.
It’s also not fair, it can’t be a good solution to penalize active players.

jovada

Regent
if the changes are introduced, the big guilds will not be able to play when they want and as much as they want because they will be limited to the level of 5-10 minute players per day.
It’s also not fair, it can’t be a good solution to penalize active players.
It can't be a good solution to penalize active players?
I guess you mean active players from big guilds or do you mean that there are no active players in small guilds ?
Ah you mean perhaps that only big guilds may penalize active players from smaller guilds by blocking everything and swap sectors with other guilds and leaving flags 159/160 by exploiting the no attrition with 5 camps ?

GeniePower

Merchant
Do you think there are a lot of guilds present on FOE who are in the situation you are explaining?
Even if there were 5 per world, would that represent a majority of players?
So worrying about a problem encountered by less than 1% of players is more important than the reality experienced by the majority?
Now do that same math for online hours of those players. The 1% probably has more online time combined than the total of the bottom 50%. So who's opinion is more important?

Emberguard

Emperor
Now do that same math for online hours of those players. The 1% probably has more online time combined than the total of the bottom 50%. So who's opinion is more important?
That depends on how people react to the changes.

There are going to be a mix of players who would be equally active if not landlocked, and a mix of players that aren't really effected by landlocking. But fact remains that if landlocked then there's no potential for growth without first getting out of that lock.

What if we tested to refine our remarks instead of criticizing without knowing?
The majority wanted more balance in GbG, it can happen, just see.
On the other hand, the game was made for everyone, not just for a hundred players per world who stuffed themselves and who will have to question themselves.
On my live server, I know a guild that was ravaging everything with players who never exceeded 20 attritions. It will hurt them a lot!
While players who have mounted their attack will be penalized less.
It's not about balance my dear! It's about containing the rewards.

Obviously they didn't do their homework and created a speed farm system without analyzing the consequences. The owner of the game must have ripped his hair out with the reports and said reform this or we will fire you (I can even imagine the scene).

Fortunately, the play to loose game market is in the beginning of its decadence and the play to earn games are in the beginning of their rise. The day will come when games that only have cost will no longer be attractive. I've been playing this game for 10 years and instead of solving problems like fake guilds and multi accounts. The multi accounts only serve to fill in activity reports. This system put an end to what was currently the best, because the bad system of game fights is far from being fun and with the loss of gains, it's back to being more of the same...

King Flush

Marquis

you hit the nail on the head there when you say 'GRANT the smaller guilds their fights' this is what it's all about and why it's wrong things shouldn't be 'granted' but earnt. try harder simple as that, everyone wants a free ride.