• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

King Flush

Marquis
I don’t think the balancing issue is due to siege camps and attrition, big guilds will still beat smaller guilds even if they don’t get free attrition.

I think the balancing problem is more due to the current league placement. The current GBG placement ranking system allows more guilds to move up/ stay in Diamond 1000 League and not having enough guilds dropping down League. In a Diamond 1000LP group, top 4 guilds will always stay in the 1000LP. Consequently, there will only be more guilds that advance to 1000LP that can’t fight against the top guilds. Balancing would be changing the League Placement reward and have more guilds dropping down so only the top guilds get to stay in the 1000LP.
that is so true and such an easy way to address any issue with some guilds not being able to compete.
Disappointed - hugely. Surprised - not in the least. Aside from wealthy players who simply buy their way through the game, progress is very much matched to effort. Time and again we have seen Inno respond to the bleating of essentially lazy players who are jealous of the benefits gained by those who invest huge amounts of time and effort into their game play. GvG is very much a case in point with numerous changes made to frustrate those who worked very hard at achieving a large number of battles each day. Result, I stopped playing GVG.
Everyone, except the diamond moguls, starts here at the same level. We all have exactly the same opportunities to progress, to develop and implement strategies that we hope will deliver a gaming environment that we enjoy and want to keep playing year after year. To be a top 500 player in any realm takes massive time and effort but success, in addition to rewards brings satisfaction. Some of the changes over recent years have lead me to drop many realms - I used to play in 12 cities - now down to 5. My diamond spend has dropped accordingly. I have never been a "whale" but I used to regularly buy diamond packs to support an enjoyable game experience. Now - not so much. I have to say that if the proposed changes are implemented, it will save my two premier live server guild members a small fortune in diamonds but will also seriously dampen our enthusiasm for GBG.
So Inno, it is up to you - if you want to pander to those who want everything for nothing - go ahead but prepare for a loss of income. Most of us only spend money to enjoy ourselves - take that away and the money stops.
very well said

Owl II

Emperor
Reduce the cost of the siege camps in proportion to how you have reduced their power, and go in peace. No one expects miracles from the current development team anymore. But stop obviously cheating at least.

CrashBoom

Legend
Reduce the cost of the siege camps in proportion to how you have reduced their power, and go in peace. No one expects miracles from the current development team anymore. But stop obviously cheating at least.
how would that work

a siege camp can be the 4th to a neighbor sector but the only one on a different neighbor sector

King Flush

Marquis
there's way too many Diamond league guilds so the disparity between the top guilds and the weaker ones can be great, if the intention is to allow for the weaker guilds to have a better shot in a campaign I'd suggest a new elite league where the top 8 guilds battle it out, Diamond league will be left for the less dominant guilds and all is good in the world, alternatively go with this cap but make attack boosts mean something so that those with the huge stats can fight at MUCH higher attrition levels to make it still worth striving to improve.

I think everyone in the 'for' camp are those that either don't wish or can't put the effort in and just want to be even to those that do, sorry but that's not how life works, like people on min wage begrudging those that have worked hard and got themselves good jobs, you get out of life what you put into it and until now this has been the case with FOE this proposal will change all that.

conqueror9

Regent
I have a suggestion
1, maximum building slot is 2 in a sector
2. central 2 building slot
3. 2nd ring. 1 to 2 (max) building slot, majority 1 building slot
4. 3rd to 4th to etc ... 0 to 1 building slot
5. Keep sc at 24%

test run

if not ok,
reduce sc to 20%

it will greatly increase the diffculties of GBG

CrashBoom

Legend
Was thinking, put a cap of 500-1000 fights in GbG a day for all players according to the league they are in ln. You did this with quests already and leave GbG as it is.
more like 300-400 fights a day

if Inno would want 1000 fights a day they wouldn't cap at 4 camps but at 7 or 8

attrition 150 shouldn't be reached (because then it would be unlimited fights again)
66,6% reduction and less than reaching attrition of 150 would be less than 450 fights

PackCat

Squire
It sounds like alot of People are unhappy with the Change, so nothing new here.
GBG since its introduction is the most commented section in the Forum.
People screaming for a Change and other People arguing with the git gud lines.

Im looking forward to those changes.
Id like to see if it helps the not so active Players get more fights done in GBG.
The last 2 years showed me that it is hard to find the turn off switch for greed.
if i could fight 1000 fights with no attrition, i would.
Resulting in no fights left for whoever will join 10 minutes after me.
Yes im looking forward to it for the benefit of all, not just for me or a few.
Unfortunately, I think you will be sadly mistaken.
It will be easier for the power Guilds to lock weaker Guilds in their base and give more time to manage the map.
My best guess is this will go the way of the Dodo bird and several other ideas INNO has come up with in the last 2 years.
I wish they would listen more to some of the creative ideas coming from its members instead.

Yekk

Regent
And what will you have to do with it?
Unless you are a shareholder at Innogames, that's not your problem!
If the winnings of Innogames are more important to you than your pleasure in playing, you are on the wrong topic!
Inno is owned by a multinational corp... If FoE makes no profits new content will stop. Diamond spending matters. Inno seems to believe this change will bring war back into GBG. The players will make that determination. My guess is that considering how distasteful war was in the first months of GBG most will not participate. It was not fun to be trapped. Guilds just quit fighting

PMM63

Farmer
logo.png

Dear Kings and Queens,
On Thursday, June 30th, the season with the rebalanced Siege Camps and Watch Towers will start.

This is the place to be if you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it with other players.
Please keep in mind that your opinion may differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

We appreciate your feedback!

Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
So that we can pass your feedback on to the developers, the following points would be important to note:
  • Feedback that only contains one sentence like "I can't do maths" is not helpful. Please make sure to include reasons for your opinion.
  • The same goes for positive feedback. We are happy about it of course, but describing what exactly you like is always very helpful!
  • Limit your feedback to the actual content. Feedback like "You should improve X" or feedback that refers to other game content or previous events is not helpful.
  • Use the "Like" button if another player has already reflected your opinion well.

Thank you very much and have fun!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team
You are levelling the game by the lowest common denominator, i.e. the players that don't spend much time here and need to gain some fights when they came. I spend in average, 18 hours a day here. As a consequence, I have lots of fights and a very high score. I also spend lots of diamonds. From now on, if you implement this new rules, what's the point of being here?
Having worked all my life in Marketing, I never saw a Customer Loyalty Action so bad: the players that spend more time here, those who buy more diamonds, and more dedicated to the game, should be penalized, for the interest of the less dedicated. 1 century ago, a guy called Marx tried to implement that, but I think, that in the end, it was proved that the theory was wrong. But we need to consider the positive side of this: killing the only interesting thing of this game, will force me to find another way of spending my time, after 2 years here. My family will be thrilled.
Please spend your time improving GvG interface - it's lousy.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
That you are protesting for a better strategy, I can understand that and invite you to continue.
That you protest for your comfort of play (personal gains), I can also understand it but I remind you that FOE is a collective game not individual.
That you are protesting for the benefits of Innogames, I don't understand your attitude. If they find in 2 or 3 months that they are losing money, they will change on their own. But I doubt the loss is as great as you think. Just look at the aberration of the FOE PLUS offer, which did not suffer the flop everyone expected.

PackCat

Squire
From my experience of playing GBG

There is only 1 and only 1 unfair issue, guild with super few members can go Diamond League, sometimes it make the GBG super quiet
I do suggest, just making 1 or 2 of those "super few member guild" if present in diamond league GBG, they will have _ve point that will drive then away from diamond league

"EQUAL and FAIR" is only exists with both party doing the same thing.
I think the diamond league should be more restrictive and mean something. Maybe only the top 10 Guilds or top 1% of "active" Guilds. Meaning scoring more than 200K+ VP each season. Currently, you always have 1 or 2 good Guilds, and the rest just sit on the sidelines.

The placement system should be season to season, not just score 1st place one season and ride for free the next 3 seasons (6 weeks)
The bottom Guild should drop down to the next league, and the top of the next league can move up.

Example of 10 Guilds in Diamond, could be (2) five Guild competition in a season.
It would guarantee good competition in the Diamond league contests.
The lazy Guilds could just flounder with themselves in lower leagues.

And yes, the poor Guilds piggyback on the good Guilds by hoping & poaching to retain camps if they capture a sector.
Rarely do I see those Guilds spending any of their own resources to make the map better for everyone.

-Alin-

Emperor
The thing that intrigues me the most is this, the biggest guild with the best activity will win the round, they go for middle sectors in front of all guilds, fill the outer sectors with traps, decoys, whatever, fill the other sectors with palaces and voila, they need less than 24 hours out of 11 days to secure the 1st place, no struggle, nothing, just few activity and goods at the beggining then nothing, "winner winner chicken dinner".

Herr Voxner

Merchant
It would be helpful if Inno was completely transparent on what "problem" they are trying to solve or rebalance for. If I understand the problem, I can present better solutions. What idea is driving this need for a rebalance?

• Is it purely rewards problem? (fairness thing)
  • Is it a player health issue? (expectation of time/effort involved is hurting players)
  • Some other issue?

The thing that intrigues me the most is this, the biggest guild with the best activity will win the round, they go for middle sectors in front of all guilds, fill the outer sectors with traps, decoys, whatever, fill the other sectors with palaces and voila, they need less than 24 hours out of 11 days to secure the 1st place, no struggle, nothing, just few activity and goods at the beggining then nothing, "winner winner chicken dinner".
We had a discussion in our guild and if this comes to live servers, the only way to secure #1 is to have as many people as possible when the map begins and rush for the center.

HunZ95

Squire
With this change, they will only mean that active players will spend less time playing the game because there will be no point in logging in. Collection, GVG, GBG, all of this can be done in a few minutes in the evening, and nothing else can be done.
The small / medium guilds can't even fight as much as they do now because they get some traps for the neighboring sectors, and then the current system can be cried back.

It would make more sense to change the league rankings. For example, giving guilds a choice of whether they want to enter the diamond league or stay in the smaller league will fight more but give up the diamond league reward.

The solution is not to penalize active players because they sacrifice more time to play, which only means that the game is extinct and only 5-minute players remain on the servers.