• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

lady hilde

Farmer
when the gg,s were put back in points years ago.
and the gvg was adjusted so that hq could only be moved once per 24 hours you could only take a sector once a day and the champion could no longer tap there was also murder and fire screamed and by whom? the same people who now have their candy taken away again.
they don't want to understand that with 0 percent damage, tapping like a zombie all day just isn't supposed to be.
But if that's your day experience, it hurts just as much.

those who say I'll stop foe then go right away and don't ruin the game with your complaining about everything find another hobby

also i can do less fights but will not complain about that because i know is not real
so I vote 100 percent for this change anyway

Owl II

Emperor
Glad we can agreed. The guild I am in at live is small, lay back guild with some activities from time to time in GbG for fun. From my experience we can handle ourselves in most Gold league seasons. Platinum is just a league too high for us. We can survive in that league for some time before being pushed back down to gold, where we belong. I'm sure that's the faith of any similar guild. Like you've described but then with platinum and diamond.
Personally I'm lacking the knowledge and experience with making a functional ranking system to solve that issue. I've however seen a promising suggestion to rank guilds by their capabilities, rather their level succes in past seasons what we have now and can observe what's it leading up to.
I strongly agreed that it's disappointing to say the least that Inno only fixing SC's as part of a rebalance. As it most likely won't have a very significant impact beyond farming GbG and guilds/players heavily relaying on 0 to low attrition battles. Personally I would've also liked a bigger pack of changes for GbG but who knows. Perhaps they're behind the scenes working on it and just decided that as GbG is as important as is, must be fixed in steps. As it could've been otherwise been changing too radically and fast for the players to adapt and accept the changes. Perhaps a rebalance act is in the making for the ranking system too, I don't know. Since the last time they've done that is a long time ago due to complains about facing the same guilds over and over.
The fact is, they have already allowed excessive farming. And no nerf will cancel tons of FP and millions of fights that have been done. Just as they have already allowed rewards ofevents with redundant characteristics. And that they stopped improving the characteristics of buildings in new events does not negate the that they broke the fragile balance of buildings. GB is now just joke. GB is just a place to dispose of the FP, except maybe the arc. But Arc is needed only in order to farm the FP. It's very funny to see how the players are still leveling Cape to get a collection of FP the next day by 1 FP more than today. And all this is happening against the background of the arc-180 which brings thousands of FP per day. So what's the point of this game now?

Curious what would happen to GBG dynamics if instead of nerfing siege camps they changed sorting from League > LP > Random to League > LP > Guild Size > Random.

If they changed sorting in this way, they should also change LP distribution based on the biggest guild on the map (70+ stays the same, 60-70 10% reduction, 50-60 20% reduction and so on).

Thunderdome

Emperor
With this in mind our Guild on the live server are starting to put measures in place for when the inevitable drops on us so well done Inno.
Junior fighters are now being told there is no more free ride they will now have a required minimum number of fights to complete on a daily basis and we're also now imposing high minimum requirements for new recruits.
We will cease with our policy of searching out new junior fighters helping them nurture there fledgling cities and instead go on the hunt for established players poaching them if need be to ensure as a collective we've more than enough firepower to overcome this incoming nerf. In discussion with several other Guilds it would appear we're not the only ones implementing this or similar policies so as I said well done Inno you were warned.
Inno, you may want to look at this statement here. Reminds me of when we first started this debate into this travesty on what's going to happen.
Juniors are going to be hit hard by this, tighter Guild restriction, less fights and therefore less forge points to accelerate there growth.
And I (or we) will probably see more players put to the "curb" as time goes on with this change in place. I've already started to "half" some fights to attrition because of main troop losses as I had changed my 'traz output to compensate as using my lone hover takes diamonds to heal, something I was buying. I'm in TE.
The root cause of your issue you have been told time and time again sort out your abysmal match up process and team up like with like, while your at it stop the BOTS and fighters using overage troops that negate any attrition anyway.
Just about everyone had said this even before the change. Inno's LP system needed some overhauling as it let a lot of guilds onto the Diamond League. If all guilds are doing the "same" performance in both pre/post change, then the SC nerf isn't the solution for such. Those guilds will still remain in Diamond regardless.
why do every beginner or average player think he must be in a diamond guild ?
It's more like a "ego" kind of thing. Being part of a top guild will make anyone special these days.

jovada

Regent
GB is now just joke. GB is just a place to dispose of the FP, except maybe the arc. But Arc is needed only in order to farm the FP. It's very funny to see how the players are still leveling Cape to get a collection of FP the next day by 1 FP more than today. And all this is happening against the background of the arc-180 which brings thousands of FP per day. So what's the point of this game now?
A level 80 arc gives 1.9 benef recolting fp in GB an arc level 180 gives 2.0 , or people bring it to level 180 also for goods or to outsmart a 1.9 causing him loss, but don't tell me it makes a difference thousands fp a day , to have "thousands " fp difference you have to snipe 10 GB where you have at least 1000 fp (+900 for a level 80 or +1000 for a level 180) return , so 100 levels + costing tons of fp to invest , yes i think some other buildings can catch your eye first.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
@jovada
You forget the case of those who set up their ark at 18 to "help" the little ones in their guild by betting at 1.95! ^^

My ark is 165, I bet without profit with members of my guild but at 1.93 with friends who ask me. I earn an average of 2,000 FP per day this way.
It took before I stocked up 200k FP to meet all the demands and earn that much per day.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
The fact is, they have already allowed excessive farming. And no nerf will cancel tons of FP and millions of fights that have been done. Just as they have already allowed rewards ofevents with redundant characteristics. And that they stopped improving the characteristics of buildings in new events does not negate the that they broke the fragile balance of buildings. GB is now just joke. GB is just a place to dispose of the FP, except maybe the arc. But Arc is needed only in order to farm the FP. It's very funny to see how the players are still leveling Cape to get a collection of FP the next day by 1 FP more than today. And all this is happening against the background of the arc-180 which brings thousands of FP per day. So what's the point of this game now?
GbG has only existed for 2 years. The game itself is 10+ years. Only for 20% of the existence of the game GbG farming has been a thing. Still as I’ve said before, GbG farming can practically be done. It’s just not possible at the scale as before. In which the GbG farming frenzy could be done every 4h for 0 to low attrition. With the rebalance it’s for sure still possible between 20:00-23:59h. Similar to GvG point farming around 20:00h. Just not with as little resources as before, nor at such large scale. As after locking out other guilds for the last time for the day (ideally around 20:00h).
In short GbG farming won’t go anywhere. Unless Inno scraps SC and/or watch towers entirely and/or even removing all GbG rewards. Both imo highly unlikely. As it’s not in Inno’s best interest to do such. Rebalancing the SC won’t stop GbG farming anyways so, I don’t know why you’re so upset.
So, what’s you’re point? GbG farming can still be done, as you’ve said you’re doing fights with attrition anyways pre-rebalance and the only thing the rebalance practically does is chipping down a few % of the SC supported fights. GbG won’t change drastically due to this rebalance compared to the current situation besides purging the pseudo top guilds from diamond league and reducing GbG farming potential.

Owl II

Emperor
GbG has only existed for 2 years. The game itself is 10+ years. Only for 20% of the existence of the game GbG farming has been a thing. Still as I’ve said before, GbG farming can practically be done. It’s just not possible at the scale as before. In which the GbG farming frenzy could be done every 4h for 0 to low attrition. With the rebalance it’s for sure still possible between 20:00-23:59h. Similar to GvG point farming around 20:00h. Just not with as little resources as before, nor at such large scale. As after locking out other guilds for the last time for the day (ideally around 20:00h).
In short GbG farming won’t go anywhere. Unless Inno scraps SC and/or watch towers entirely and/or even removing all GbG rewards. Both imo highly unlikely. As it’s not in Inno’s best interest to do such. Rebalancing the SC won’t stop GbG farming anyways so, I don’t know why you’re so upset.
So, what’s you’re point? GbG farming can still be done, as you’ve said you’re doing fights with attrition anyways pre-rebalance and the only thing the rebalance practically does is chipping down a few % of the SC supported fights. GbG won’t change drastically due to this rebalance compared to the current situation besides purging the pseudo top guilds from diamond league and reducing GbG farming potential.
Maybe because it doesn't change anything? The point in farm? Wow, thanks. Then what was the point before nerf? I don't know if you remember the heated debate about the PVP arena. The players were told the same thing there: "You don't have to play if you don't like it." And one guy wrote: "The fact is that everyone was waiting for some interesting gameplay. But now there is no hope that it will ever appear." I was waiting for the problems and shortcomings of GBG to be fixed. But now I see that the PVP arena has been slipped to us again.

jovada

Regent
Maybe because it doesn't change anything? The point in farm? Wow, thanks. Then what was the point before nerf? I don't know if you remember the heated debate about the PVP arena. The players were told the same thing there: "You don't have to play if you don't like it." And one guy wrote: "The fact is that everyone was waiting for some interesting gameplay. But now there is no hope that it will ever appear." I was waiting for the problems and shortcomings of GBG to be fixed. But now I see that the PVP arena has been slipped to us again.
PvP is individual , of course it's a joke because there is nothing of "Person versus Person" (since the start i have always the same 20 or 24 AI coming around) but it is there for people who wants to do some additional fights and gain some rewards. I guess inno says it is a surplus for the players who want fights and nothing urgent to spend hours again to make changes.
GbG is not individual, and since the start of it many asked to work on the "problems and shortcomings" in november last year i received an answer on our world from a CM that inno will work on it but for the moment other deadlines, if at that moment it was already known that inno is working on it (or had the plans to work on it) that means that they were thinking of it already several months before november 2021.
Instead of being angry because you loose the farming , you should be happy they finaly are working on it , and maybe the next correction will be matchmaking and maybe they will adjust attrition to 75 or 80 but 0 attrition is not possible anymore (even if it was a myth for some players)
Should not every player want a fair game and with challenges ? ? It reminds me of role playing games in the past where you could download cheats and make your player extremely strong.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Maybe because it doesn't change anything?
If it doesn't change anything, where is all the fuss about?
I was waiting for the problems and shortcomings of GBG to be fixed.
Fixing the situation in which 1 GbG building in particular was/is too good, isn't a fix of one of the shortcomings of GbG? I have the strong feeling that if they gonna putting counters in place against the 4h lock exploit, you'll be surely ways more upset than you're now. Be careful with what you're wishing for. If they give the actual top guilds a reason to want to be the #1 of diamond league consistently, do you really think it'll make the GbG better? I'm unsure as I've noticed and this is no offence at all, to each their own, that grinding rewards in GbG through extensive farming is populair. I can imagine if the actual strongest GbG guilds are more interested in ending first in diamond league consistently, they'll probably won't let their members and/or other guilds farm if it could risk their streak of being #1 of the diamond league.

King Flush

Marquis
A level 80 arc gives 1.9 benef recolting fp in GB an arc level 180 gives 2.0 , or people bring it to level 180 also for goods or to outsmart a 1.9 causing him loss, but don't tell me it makes a difference thousands fp a day , to have "thousands " fp difference you have to snipe 10 GB where you have at least 1000 fp (+900 for a level 80 or +1000 for a level 180) return , so 100 levels + costing tons of fp to invest , yes i think some other buildings can catch your eye first.
A level 180 Arc can VERY easily give you many many thousands of FP's a day and that's without even sniping, before I near on stopped playing I was investing 40k of FP's a day that was without really trying as most of my time was in GBG, 40k investing a day on a L180 Arc gives you 4k profit, if I'd been going all out on investing could easily invest 100k a day so a potential of 10k profit a day, now my Arc isn't L180 because silly me I spent my time also upping attack GB's as thought there was a benefit for GBG clearly post nerf Arc is more out of balance to other GB's than it is currently, but you know this nerf is all about 'balance'!!! even though it messes with the balance of pretty much everything in the game.

Sorry I've just told you :D

Last edited:

King Flush

Marquis
PvP is individual , of course it's a joke because there is nothing of "Person versus Person" (since the start i have always the same 20 or 24 AI coming around) but it is there for people who wants to do some additional fights and gain some rewards. I guess inno says it is a surplus for the players who want fights and nothing urgent to spend hours again to make changes.
GbG is not individual, and since the start of it many asked to work on the "problems and shortcomings" in november last year i received an answer on our world from a CM that inno will work on it but for the moment other deadlines, if at that moment it was already known that inno is working on it (or had the plans to work on it) that means that they were thinking of it already several months before november 2021.
Instead of being angry because you loose the farming , you should be happy they finaly are working on it , and maybe the next correction will be matchmaking and maybe they will adjust attrition to 75 or 80 but 0 attrition is not possible anymore (even if it was a myth for some players)
Should not every player want a fair game and with challenges ? ? It reminds me of role playing games in the past where you could download cheats and make your player extremely strong.
because everyone in the 'for' camp wants to be able to farm, sorry by that I mean they want to be able to farm with zero effort, understand in the 'against' camp you have players that actually enjoy playing GBG and the strategy that goes with it, where it's not all about farming. post nerf robs the game play away from the only fun thing in the game at least for me anyway.

jovada

Regent
A level 180 Arc can VERY easily give you many many thousands of FP's a day
I don't denie it gives fp , i was talking of the difference between a level 80 (1.9) and a level 180 (2.0) if you say you make 4000 fp with your arc level 180 you make 3800 fp with your arc level 80, it's that difference i mean. Ok with 100 levels more you can outsmart a 1.9 and pay 1.95 but on a GB where for example you receive 1000 fp + bonus paying 1.95 you have a profit of 50 fp.

@jovada : daily I have a hundred friends who offer me their P1 where I earn 30 to 50 FP each time, do the math!
This is just an other form of "mindless clicking", "farming", call it as you wish.
What's the difference between clicking all day on GBG and investing FP's to GB's several hundred times a day?

Don't get me wrong I also leveling my Arc and I pretty much do the same just don't understand why are some people hate GBG so much but have no problem with the Arc? To reach Arc 180 take years also, there is a lot effort behind it but also need a lot effort and dedication to build a good GBG guild.
Why are you fine with one of it and hate the other? I don't understand you, really.

King Flush

Marquis
This is just an other form of "mindless clicking", "farming", call it as you wish.
What's the difference between clicking all day on GBG and investing FP's to GB's several hundred times a day?

Don't get me wrong I also leveling my Arc and I pretty much do the same just don't understand why are some people hate GBG so much but have no problem with the Arc? To reach Arc 180 take years also, there is a lot effort behind it but also need a lot effort and dedication to build a good GBG guild.
Why are you fine with one of it and hate the other? I don't understand you, really.
said that from the beginning, don't expect to get a response it's one of those questions the 'for' camp have no answer to.

jovada

Regent
said that from the beginning, don't expect to get a response it's one of those questions the 'for' camp have no answer to.
Maybe because working your arc is individual and you alone are the boss of your arc and what you do with it.

But waiting in GbG to do only the fights with 0 attrition is not a lot of effort and dedication, maybe some of the guildmates have that but i doubt that your guild with for example 60 members receive equal chances to fight with the 0 attrition.

King Flush

Marquis
I don't denie it gives fp , i was talking of the difference between a level 80 (1.9) and a level 180 (2.0) if you say you make 4000 fp with your arc level 180 you make 3800 fp with your arc level 80, it's that difference i mean. Ok with 100 levels more you can outsmart a 1.9 and pay 1.95 but on a GB where for example you receive 1000 fp + bonus paying 1.95 you have a profit of 50 fp.
think something is getting lost in translation, 40k is how much I used to average taking positions on GB's if Arc was L180 that'd be 4k profit, typically that's probably taking about 25ish high (P1 P2) positions so might take me about 5 mins to make that profit. obviously have to keep an eye out for them but still, a hell of a lot less effort than would be required to earn anything remotely close from GBG, I could always have earnt more FP's by concentrating on this rather than GBG but GBG is for the time being more fun.