• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Changes could be as easy as a 5 hour added cooldown at midnight without added VP for that time block. A tile that would open in 0:20 minutes becomes 5:20. I am USA which has many time zones. This is short enough to not destroy play but long enough to allow guilds to maximize their forces for the next days fights. Midnight defined as the center time zone of that country
The issue is that it might work for US as an example with multiple time zones but enough countries ain't that wide from their eastern to their western borders to have multiple time zones to make it work. An hard lock is probs not the best solution either but came up with Grepolis since it's also 24/7 open for attacks. With a penalty for night hours to discourage such. Quite similar to the wish for GbG to have something in place to make nightly attacks less likely

Arch1e

Marquis
I don’t think you can discourage nightly attacks, there are players from across the world also on specific market serves, why should they be penalised just because there is a problem with the way the leagues are created and the ranking done? I did think at one point that 6-8h cooldowns for sectors might be a good way forward too, but running out of ideas fast since nothing seems to gain any interest and lots of people see no issue at all.

Arch1e

Marquis
Is Beta seeing the same pattern we are on my live, same guilds facing same guilds, with minor variations, season after season? Out of the more combative ones, my guild has had guild X 4 times, guild Y 3 times in this championship, twice another guild that we shall call Z. Today we at least get guild Q, along with X and Y again. But we have not seen the 2nd or 3rd ranked guilds, let’s call them A and B, once in this championship, by contrast, they have had each other 3 times. The number 4 ranked guild, C, has had any level of competition just twice. Seems very, very similar to the matchmaking bug of a few years ago.

Last edited:
I am not seeing that kind of bad matchmaking on my live server. We are the 4th strongest guild and we have been paired once with the second and third ranked guild on two separate occasions. In the four other seasons we have been paired with weaker guilds. Statistically we have been lucky with our matchmaking.

Arch1e

Marquis
We have had an easier ride than that guild B, certainly, and are on course to win our championship by a wide margin, it will come down to vps. But feels a bit lopsided since we haven’t faced either of the biggest competitors, or even the current 4th and 6th ranked guilds (4th and 5th also in their spots ahead of 6th by virtue of victories in lower leagues or due to no competition, 6th is probably the 4th strongest GbG guild currently in our world). Our X and Y guilds are ranked outside top 20 and have had a torrid time in the matchmaking, they would also have beat number 4 most likely, at the beginning of this championship, but things have shifted hugely over 10 weeks in terms of membership and interest.

RI0T

Farmer
In my main world we got screwed, we are #2 and never faced the #1 guild all season and so we can't beat them if we never face them. As well, it looks like only 2 Guilds total will get TOC level 2. Not a fan.

In my main world we got screwed, we are #2 and never faced the #1 guild all season and so we can't beat them if we never face them. As well, it looks like only 2 Guilds total will get TOC level 2. Not a fan.

If you have three groups in diamond with 1000 league points (consisting of 7 guilds each) then you 2/3 chance of not meeting the #1 guild. The chance of that happening 6 times in a row is 8,78%. This is a rare occurrence.

CrashBoom

Legend
If you have three groups in diamond with 1000 league points (consisting of 7 guilds each)
3 ?
in my main world there are currently 78 guilds with 1000

that makes 10 full groups with 8 guilds (sorry for those 2 guilds with 975 which are put in a 1000 league)

then you 2/3 chance of not meeting the #1 guild.
9/10

The chance of that happening 6 times in a row is 8,78%. This is a rare occurrence.
= 53.1%

more than every 2nd championship

RI0T

Farmer
If you have three groups in diamond with 1000 league points (consisting of 7 guilds each) then you 2/3 chance of not meeting the #1 guild. The chance of that happening 6 times in a row is 8,78%. This is a rare occurrence.
If it is going to be called a Tourney then it should be a Tourney, like any other Tournament known to me it should be #1 vs #8 #2 vs #7 etc. and then at the end the 2 left standing fight for #1. We waited a Looooong time to face the #1 guild and got nothing and players are not happy. We have faced the #4 guild 3 times and the #3 guild 2 times, BORING. It's broken, it's why I registered, to point out a deficiency in the game.

Douglas 221

Farmer
If it is going to be called a Tourney then it should be a Tourney, like any other Tournament known to me it should be #1 vs #8 #2 vs #7 etc. and then at the end the 2 left standing fight for #1. We waited a Looooong time to face the #1 guild and got nothing and players are not happy. We have faced the #4 guild 3 times and the #3 guild 2 times, BORING. It's broken, it's why I registered, to point out a deficiency in the game.

I would like to see more of a tourney set up as well. Everyone frozen in their league from the start of the tourney. Set up a random draw for the first round. Then set it up to have elimination rounds so that it ends up all of the number one guilds for the first so many seasons end up on the same map for the end tourney. It gets really stale being on the same map with the same top ranking guild 3 seasons in a row with some of the same guilds from the last 3 seasons. The last season when all the number ones are on the same map... all the last place guilds could be on the same map so they could have a fun season of low stress to battle it out. All the guilds in between get placed on a map based on victory points and previous ranking so they can battle it out. The constant farming of maps gets old.

Arch1e

Marquis
What’s the maths with 4 boards, 2-3 with 7 and 1-2 with 8? We usually get 29-30 1000 lp guilds in my world.

Thunderdome

Emperor
"Some of the best attacks happen when people are sleeping and are not able to react."

I don't think I would like the penalizing of night hours because that will limit one side of the world from taking any sectors while the other side of the world gets the advantage of no penalty. This is why traps were invented but hardly used.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I don’t think you can discourage nightly attacks, there are players from across the world also on specific market serves, why should they be penalised just because there is a problem with the way the leagues are created and the ranking done? I did think at one point that 6-8h cooldowns for sectors might be a good way forward too, but running out of ideas fast since nothing seems to gain any interest and lots of people see no issue at all.
Because there are those crying for the lack of war times. Than there are war times and they're crying they have to stay up 24/7. To discourage nightly attacks extra attrition could be a thing. Extra attrition during night hours is a soft lock. A hard lock would be extending the protection time from 4h to way more. Which would make the slot exploit even more powerful

RI0T

Farmer
Because there are those crying for the lack of war times. Than there are war times and they're crying they have to stay up 24/7. To discourage nightly attacks extra attrition could be a thing. Extra attrition during night hours is a soft lock. A hard lock would be extending the protection time from 4h to way more. Which would make the slot exploit even more powerful
Either one and I would leave the game since I play at night mainly and so do many others. Sure it is only 10% but I doubt Inno wants to alienate 10% of their customer base.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Either one and I would leave the game since I play at night mainly and so do many others. Sure it is only 10% but I doubt Inno wants to alienate 10% of their customer base.
No. Because there are genuinely people who live in different countries but may play on servers that are mainly active during other times.
Did you guys actually read the context? This ain't about penalising anyone. This is about solving concerns for burnouts of guild leaders. Read this;
I do think on wars maps 11 days is way to long. Wars require leaders be on 24 hours a day for 11 days and guild sizes do not readily allow for that league after league. This leads to guilds using farm strategies to reduce burn out which then leads to another form of apathy.
Perhaps something similar to Grepolis? Where there's a night buff for defenders between set server times. Like from 22:00h till 07:00h night buff. Leading to x2, x3 or x4 attrition when attrition appears
The above is the context. Not penalising anybody. The times I've mentioned were concepts to illustrate the possible framework for the solution.

so do many others. Sure it is only 10% but I doubt Inno wants to alienate 10% of their customer base.
Can you provide data to back this claim up? Like official data provided by Inno that 10% of the active player base is only active during nightly hours?
No. Because there are genuinely people who live in different countries but may play on servers that are mainly active during other times.
Just refer to the context. This has nothing to do with players from other countries, playing by choice at servers from countries with very different time zones.

.Chris

Baronet
Might be a chance to introduce a different kind of building...
  • Increase the length of the lock time by 25/50/100%
  • Reduces the amount of VP a sector generates by 25/50/100%

• Might lead to interesting tactic considerations; do I want the VPs or do I want to keep the Sector secured?
  • Would not be exclusive to any particular time zone

Arch1e

Marquis
Just refer to the context. This has nothing to do with players from other countries, playing by choice at servers from countries with very different time zones.
I did refer to the context. You want attrition gain during the night so leaders don’t have to hang around in the game 24/7. So, let your night crew play the game and lead their own stuff, why should they need to suffer because you have no leaders assigned from their time zones? Or, gasp, give rights to all your members, problem solved. However, for less attention needed overall, I like the thought of longer protection times for sectors. 6 hours would be ideal for me. Even 8 would be fine. Since not all sectors are taken at the same time, it should over time give everyone something to do, like it does now, but with less frequent need to keep checking.

HardWire

Merchant
I would like to see the championship work more like a bracket. Only diamond winners advance into a new championship league. the field narrows until there are only 2 guilds left to fight against each other in the final. Stream that final battle on you tube.
Let everyone place bets. Give the choice to bet diamonds or fps to get more interest in the stream.

BarraG

Farmer
A stated above by others
The GBG league system still not balance to why do we have smaller guilds still siting on the fence while bigger guilds still take the whole map. Changing only one bit of GBG is not going to fix it still needs the other side to be fix the league as between the levels it is to easy keep jumping between Platinum & Diamond. The good old effect of YoYo'ing and or you can end up staying in Diamonds where you should really back down Silver or Gold. How it work is does not really place guilds of the same compacity against each other.
I don't know the answer ... I only thing I think I can bring as an idea is to adjust the guild's League Points as example From +175 for first place down to +50 Last place -50 instead of -175 as now then you are not jumping between level so quickly and you will need to work hard to stay where you are as you be put against guilds that are as more equal to what your guild can do ....