• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Yekk

Regent
As was mentioned earlier the awful RNG match-ups are ridiculous.

Four (4) seasons on my main city's world and we've been paired with one of the other top three guilds *3* times in a row now. How does this make sense? How can we not believe that Inno is pairing us because they like the diamond spending?

At the end of season 1 we were the top two guilds.
As would be expected after season 2 and we met one of us dropped a bit down.
The third season and both of us dropped down due to a third guild that was part of the original top 3 taking 1st (kudo's to them).
One guild is now #2 and the other #5. The guilds in third and fourth place are well behind on VP likely have spent much less to be where they are.

Kind of cruddy to have two of the three most competitive guilds in three seasons together out of 6, wouldn't you agree?
On USA worlds the average number of 1K guilds is from the high 20's to low 30's meaning 4-5 1K leagues of 7-8 guilds. A 1 in 4 to 1 in 5 chance of seeing any one permanent 1K guild each league.

Only real way, and by far the best, to adjust that odd is to reduce the number of guilds in a league. If the maximum number in each league was changed to 5 guilds from 8 the number of leagues increases to 6. Meaning in any 1 season you would see any one guild once on average down from 1.5ish a league.

Adrienne

Farmer

Tower of Champions​

Let us start with the most powerful addition – the Tower of Champions! This building is a Championship reward, specific to the Diamond Leagues. Not only that, the new Championship rewards have been designed with rotation in mind, so after every Championship you might see an updated reward and the chance to get the one you wanted might be gone!

So just how many variations of this building are there going to be .. and will they be on rotation or not ..and if so, how often will they be repeated.
The quote above suggests that if you miss getting it in a season then that's it .. gone.
Also, a member of the guild I'm in received a reply from support on this matter stating that 'we'll not get more fragments for the Tower of Champions anymore.' ... Is this true?

So just how many variations of this building are there going to be .. and will they be on rotation or not ..and if so, how often will they be repeated.
The quote above suggests that if you miss getting it in a season then that's it .. gone.
Also, a member of the guild I'm in received a reply from support on this matter stating that 'we'll not get more fragments for the Tower of Champions anymore.' ... Is this true?
I think that you bolded the wrong thing. The key phrase is "designed with rotation in mind". I take this to mean that we will see the Tower of Champions again.

Adrienne

Farmer
I think that you bolded the wrong thing. The key phrase is "designed with rotation in mind". I take this to mean that we will see the Tower of Champions again.
Well, that's how the quote was written .. I didn't 'bold' anything.
Just would be nice to have some clarity about how many different buildings there will be and if rotation is a definite, not just with it in mind

Thunderdome

Emperor
By rotations, we'll get to see the fragments of the building. If it was Inno's intention of not getting any more fragments, there will be a lot of ticked off players out there.

Arch1e

Marquis
By rotations, we'll get to see the fragments of the building. If it was Inno's intention of not getting any more fragments, there will be a lot of ticked off players out there.
Given the speed at which buildings are now getting better and better stats, would you be happy if something you hadn’t gotten now, has a chance of giving you additional frags in at the earliest 3.5 months, so you can maybe gather it then? No guarantees that you will be in a guild that will compete for it. Even if your guild had gotten 6 second places in the current championship, and could do the same in the coming ones, you would not be able to put together level 1 of this building until at the earliest 4 months from now. I personally would prefer to see something better coming around after the current beta building which feels underwhelming already, compared to the one on offer in the current live championship. Can’t surely be the intention to keep rotating these two?

Given the speed at which buildings are now getting better and better stats, would you be happy if something you hadn’t gotten now, has a chance of giving you additional frags in at the earliest 3.5 months, so you can maybe gather it then? No guarantees that you will be in a guild that will compete for it. Even if your guild had gotten 6 second places in the current championship, and could do the same in the coming ones, you would not be able to put together level 1 of this building until at the earliest 4 months from now. I personally would prefer to see something better coming around after the current beta building which feels underwhelming already, compared to the one on offer in the current live championship. Can’t surely be the intention to keep rotating these two?
Yes, I'd be happy even if I had to wait 3.5 months. The ToC is very powerful and, yes the recent event buildings are getting better and better. However, the ToC doesn't need to be better than the latest generation of event building. It just has to be better than the worst building in my city and I have lots that are not close to being as good as the ToC.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Again, it will depend on Inno's intention on wanting to keep these in rotation or just put new buildings with fragments that will sit in inventory that will be clogged. Personally, I wouldn't mind in waiting until the building I wanted would come back in circulation. However, I would be perturbed if Inno makes it a "one and done" kind of deal where I would have to discard the fragments for something that will never come back.

Shelby GT500

Merchant
Devs are exterminating small and medium guilds.
Attributing prizes only to the top three of each session is a huge mistake, as this leads to the flight of players from small and medium-sized guilds to the usual large guilds that dominate the top 3 of each session on a weekly basis. The only way to balance the awarding of prizes is to extend the awarding of prize fragments to all participating guilds.

Devs are exterminating small and medium guilds.
Attributing prizes only to the top three of each session is a huge mistake, as this leads to the flight of players from small and medium-sized guilds to the usual large guilds that dominate the top 3 of each session on a weekly basis. The only way to balance the awarding of prizes is to extend the awarding of prize fragments to all participating guilds.
The Devs aren't targeting small and medium guilds. Large guilds have always held an advantage in GBG. They are able to take sectors faster and hold more longer. Players wanting to reap more benefits from GBG often leave smaller, less successful GBG guilds, in favor of larger guilds. If you want to retain your talent one thing to do is to merge with another like-minded guild. I've seen this happen recently on all five worlds I play (twice it was with guilds that I am in).

Owl II

Emperor
The only way to balance the awarding of prizes is to extend the awarding of prize fragments to all participating guilds.
What's the point of that? If you have ranked below third at least once, you will not collect the full reward. And you will need to take first place in 2 seasons + take second at least 3 times to collect the first level. But you can throw out all your received fragments if you were less successful. Because the prize will change in the next championship and (hopefully) will not return. And if it return, it won't be soon.

Owl II

Emperor
Yes, guilds merge now. This is excellent. But unfortunately this is not a recipe for success :) They need something else besides the number of players. Some important ingredient. Three such guilds are with us in the group this season. Guess what? Boring, girls... Another guild after the merger played with us last season. So many ambitions, so many promises. And .. an honorable second place in the season with a little Owl:( What's wrong with them all?

Last edited:

Douglas 221

Farmer
I like the sentiment here but the truth on my live world is that we have the number 9 ranked guild on the board, they have 5 members and will drop down to low dime league this season. Could probably make 4th overall in the season if they tried since it’s pretty dead, due to several other guilds likewise trying to drop down *even with sectors open and available*, but they fairly obviously don’t want to. Our number 4 and 6 ranked guilds have 12-19 members respectively and are likewise losing their seasons. The best Gbg guilds beside our top 3 are ranked 10,11, 22, 23 and 24 at the moment. So, unless your ‘top 6’ really are the top fighting guilds, it’s better to match guilds randomly across the 1000 lps. I would prefer to see a system where the victories in lower leagues and the lower dime bracket don’t count in 1000 lps, and also a weighted adjustment for number of fights so they don’t count either outside the league they were taken. The current system is only in its fifth season on live but this flaw has been evident since season one so I do hope they will change it.

I’m noting the ‘sectors available’ point above since I have read time and time again that guilds want to play in lower diamond or platinum league so they can get more fights and compete. The truth as I see it is this what they want is to ‘compete’ against weaker guilds. More fights in such seasons for them automatically means they get promoted to 1000 lps, where they don’t want to stay, or take fights. In my mind, the solution to that is that you make the prizes for diamond league even better, harder to get, but you don’t count anything under 1000 lps as diamond. Then there is actually an incentive to stay in it. No frags of the championship building at all for those under 1000.
While I sympathize with you, that number 9 ranked guild still had to fight to gain 1st spots. What you are saying is that 5 member guild has done more than the larger number guilds. In my example those larger 6 guilds who are forced to fight each other will have the 4th 5th and 6th in that season drop to low diamond as well as in your example and could grab a number 1 spot. But what people really want to see happen is a lazy game where the largest guild with the top ranked players always gets number one no matter and the 2nd in line guild then wants to always get number 1 in another map. So how is that showing who is the best?

What I think would be more ideal is if the map selection was based on guild average for the tournament. If you bounce between 1000 and 850 then you should be placed on the next map based on that number. If you average 1000 then you stay in the top group. If your average places you constantly in Platinum then you would end up staying there. But the bouncing up and down does not actually demonstrate who is stronger. Guilds can, as you pointed, be in lower diamond and gain the VP over a season and possible 1st spot but that doesnt mean they are as strong and should not rank as high in the over all numbers. And you are correct an ideal 4th rank guild who is always on a top diamond map with other number 1 and 2 will never gain as high standings in rankings with the current system.
The flaw in your examples is those guilds who constantly get bumped up and down get beached the season the get pushed into the 1000 point diamond level. So they do not wish to be beached all season. Which means they would prefer to remain low diamond to possibly have a chance to gain rewards. So the constant forcing of those guilds to be beached a season and then get to be in the top 2 the next season gets really old. It has nothing to do with them not wanting to compete but they are forced to NOT have the chance often.
Honestly, I was hoping with the changes to GBG (changes happened before I joined Beta) the Highest ranking guilds would be forced onto a single map to prove their skills and not have any of the low diamond guilds who get bounced back and forth on the same map. Move those to a higher league after a few seasons with the same rewards but a new league and allow the guilds who get constantly bounced around between Platinum and Diamond a chance to fight it out. The VP could be higher if put into the higher league to further elevate those larger guilds.

Arch1e

Marquis
While I sympathize with you, that number 9 ranked guild still had to fight to gain 1st spots. What you are saying is that 5 member guild has done more than the larger number guilds. In my example those larger 6 guilds who are forced to fight each other will have the 4th 5th and 6th in that season drop to low diamond as well as in your example and could grab a number 1 spot. But what people really want to see happen is a lazy game where the largest guild with the top ranked players always gets number one no matter and the 2nd in line guild then wants to always get number 1 in another map. So how is that showing who is the best?

What I think would be more ideal is if the map selection was based on guild average for the tournament. If you bounce between 1000 and 850 then you should be placed on the next map based on that number. If you average 1000 then you stay in the top group. If your average places you constantly in Platinum then you would end up staying there. But the bouncing up and down does not actually demonstrate who is stronger. Guilds can, as you pointed, be in lower diamond and gain the VP over a season and possible 1st spot but that doesnt mean they are as strong and should not rank as high in the over all numbers. And you are correct an ideal 4th rank guild who is always on a top diamond map with other number 1 and 2 will never gain as high standings in rankings with the current system.
The flaw in your examples is those guilds who constantly get bumped up and down get beached the season the get pushed into the 1000 point diamond level. So they do not wish to be beached all season. Which means they would prefer to remain low diamond to possibly have a chance to gain rewards. So the constant forcing of those guilds to be beached a season and then get to be in the top 2 the next season gets really old. It has nothing to do with them not wanting to compete but they are forced to NOT have the chance often.
Honestly, I was hoping with the changes to GBG (changes happened before I joined Beta) the Highest ranking guilds would be forced onto a single map to prove their skills and not have any of the low diamond guilds who get bounced back and forth on the same map. Move those to a higher league after a few seasons with the same rewards but a new league and allow the guilds who get constantly bounced around between Platinum and Diamond a chance to fight it out. The VP could be higher if put into the higher league to further elevate those larger guilds.
I can’t obviously disagree that number 9 had to fight, the question is in what league they did (lower league = fewer fights to take sectors in plat, fewer and less active opponents maybe also in lower dime, we don’t know but they may have won there doing what they do in 1000 lp, take a couple of sectors and win because their opposition did even less) and whether that should be rewarded equally to those who actually do compete at the higher level.

I do have an issue with the largest guilds fighting each other, since as we all know, size actually does not equate to power. I have seen guilds larger than mine do less than even those 5 guys in a guild. That is not something that any system can prepare for or address. We all know who the active and competitive Gbg guilds are in our worlds. Seeing some of them ranked in the 20s, because they ended up 2nd-4th on a 1000 lp board consistently, while a guild that can’t compete at all with any of them is ranked higher for having achieved victories over other guilds but not over them, is, I’m sure, going to irk a lot of them too. And the lack of reward for what they do, compared to those less competitive guilds, will eventually also play in.

I agree wholeheartedly about a league where those top 6 can fight it out, how about calling it diamond, limiting it to 8 guilds, and giving the diamond league rewards only to those guilds? No frags of super duper buildings outside that, but give the frags to the top 6 and drop the 2 lowest ones down to platinum, which will likewise only be say 16 guilds, with 2 boards and a win required to get back into diamond. The top rank would be only determined by order in diamond, vp standing in platinum, and there could be an overlaying tier for the championship but not visible. That would encourage competition, and give some sense of rivalry too.

Douglas 221

Farmer
I can’t obviously disagree that number 9 had to fight, the question is in what league they did (lower league = fewer fights to take sectors in plat, fewer and less active opponents maybe also in lower dime, we don’t know but they may have won there doing what they do in 1000 lp, take a couple of sectors and win because their opposition did even less) and whether that should be rewarded equally to those who actually do compete at the higher level.

I do have an issue with the largest guilds fighting each other, since as we all know, size actually does not equate to power. I have seen guilds larger than mine do less than even those 5 guys in a guild. That is not something that any system can prepare for or address. We all know who the active and competitive Gbg guilds are in our worlds. Seeing some of them ranked in the 20s, because they ended up 2nd-4th on a 1000 lp board consistently, while a guild that can’t compete at all with any of them is ranked higher for having achieved victories over other guilds but not over them, is, I’m sure, going to irk a lot of them too. And the lack of reward for what they do, compared to those less competitive guilds, will eventually also play in.

I agree wholeheartedly about a league where those top 6 can fight it out, how about calling it diamond, limiting it to 8 guilds, and giving the diamond league rewards only to those guilds? No frags of super duper buildings outside that, but give the frags to the top 6 and drop the 2 lowest ones down to platinum, which will likewise only be say 16 guilds, with 2 boards and a win required to get back into diamond. The top rank would be only determined by order in diamond, vp standing in platinum, and there could be an overlaying tier for the championship but not visible. That would encourage competition, and give some sense of rivalry too.
Some great points. I do think a guild in a lower league should need to take 1st in two consecutive seasons to advance to the next higher league. I still think there needs to be one more league for say top 6-8 guilds which inorder to get into this advanced league you need to achieve an objective in order to be there. up some of the rewards and only the bottom 2 guilds in 2 seasons gets bumped down. but that means the VP and GBG points need to both be factors. It also means the 1000 point threshold should drastically increase. Diamond league could then be more competitive to get into the new advanced league.

Douglas 221

Farmer
It leaves a bad taste in the mouth to work for some months on a tournament just for all the numbers to get deleted. It'd be nice if the victories of all prior rounds could be kept (and determine the top guild).
I initially thought the same but after I took another look at the idea it is kinda nice to wipe things clear as membership to any guild is always in flux. Sure a core group might remain for many years in a guild but for most guilds membership changes slightly each week. People come and go in the game and why should a guild be forced to live with the failures of the past? Inno already keeps accumulating player points.
Try working for a couple years and many FP working up a Great Building and then delete it.