• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Boo...

Baronet
Our live server is dominated by a guild that has been fighting weak opponents for 4 seasons. They take 1st place with minimal spending.
Some guilds receive two strong opponents. There are fierce battles and huge costs. And some guilds faced the same strong opponents twice...
There's something wrong with random selection.

Arch1e

Marquis
Our live server is dominated by a guild that has been fighting weak opponents for 4 seasons. They take 1st place with minimal spending.
Some guilds receive two strong opponents. There are fierce battles and huge costs. And some guilds faced the same strong opponents twice...
There's something wrong with random selection.
Maybe I also should be more careful what I wish for, we are topping the ranking board, not having faced the two main opponents once. They have faced each other only once as well. So, nobody actually really knows how this will end.

While the ranking may result in weaker guilds occupying some of the top positions the important thing is the end result. I think that most would agree that the Championship winner on the Beta server was the odds-on favorite. Since the leaderboard resets at the beginning of the new season, the finish order of guilds below the #1 spot are not memorialized. Unless someone saved a screenshot, except for the winner, it's all but forgotten. Eventually, even the name of the Guild that finished first will be forgotten only the fact that this guild won a championship (but not which championship, or when). I attached the ranking on my main city's world. If players were polled before the start of the Championship I think that they would have overwhelmingly predicted that the top 5 finishers would be in precisely the order that is shown after the end of season four. Yes, there are a couple of guilds, ranked below #5 that probably do not belong there but, for the purpose of determining the Champion, this fact does not matter. They will not rise to #1 no matter how well they do during the remaining two seasons.

1700487270851.png

Demeter7

Squire
While the ranking may result in weaker guilds occupying some of the top positions the important thing is the end result. I think that most would agree that the Championship winner on the Beta server was the odds-on favorite. Since the leaderboard resets at the beginning of the new season, the finish order of guilds below the #1 spot are not memorialized. Unless someone saved a screenshot, except for the winner, it's all but forgotten. Eventually, even the name of the Guild that finished first will be forgotten only the fact that this guild won a championship (but not which championship, or when). I attached the ranking on my main city's world. If players were polled before the start of the Championship I think that they would have overwhelmingly predicted that the top 5 finishers would be in precisely the order that is shown after the end of season four. Yes, there are a couple of guilds, ranked below #5 that probably do not belong there but, for the purpose of determining the Champion, this fact does not matter. They will not rise to #1 no matter how well they do during the remaining two seasons.

View attachment 10378

The #1 guild is not the only guild in the game. They are not the only one that matters.

The ranking is totally a mess on live servers. Guilds that won 1 season in Platinum and now bumped up to 1K rank higher than guilds that finished #2 or #3 against powerhouse guilds in 1K diamond for all seasons so far.

The #1 guild is not the only guild in the game. They are not the only one that matters.

The ranking is totally a mess on live servers. Guilds that won 1 season in Platinum and now bumped up to 1K rank higher than guilds that finished #2 or #3 against powerhouse guilds in 1K diamond for all seasons so far.
but it is the only place that it matters. THere is no difference if you are second ot 100th. Reward - with "1 in championship wins" is only for one guild. Only first place matters.
Its - either you are first or you are not.

So we can say all guilds are second and only one guild is first.

In the context of the GBG Championship, #1 is all that matters. There is no prize for 2nd place.
So what? Guilds that won in Platinum (or below) got no frags of the Tower while Diamond level guilds that finished #2 or #3 did. Yes, it's entirely possible that the final ranking can have a formerly Platinum guild (finishing in D1000) ranked higher than a D1000 guild with 6 second place finishes but, again, so what? Six second place finishes earns 6000 frags of the Tower whereas one win in Platinum followed by no wins in Diamond results in no frags. Once the Championship season is over nobody will remember the order of finish. The goal, in my opinion, is to win the Championship. Failing that, the next most important thing is to accumulate frags of the Tower. All else is secondary.

Demeter7

Squire
In the context of the GBG Championship, #1 is all that matters. There is no prize for 2nd place.

So what? Guilds that won in Platinum (or below) got no frags of the Tower while Diamond level guilds that finished #2 or #3 did. Yes, it's entirely possible that the final ranking can have a formerly Platinum guild (finishing in D1000) ranked higher than a D1000 guild with 6 second place finishes but, again, so what? Six second place finishes earns 6000 frags of the Tower whereas one win in Platinum followed by no wins in Diamond results in no frags. Once the Championship season is over nobody will remember the order of finish. The goal, in my opinion, is to win the Championship. Failing that, the next most important thing is to accumulate frags of the Tower. All else is secondary.

The point is, why even have a "ranking" then? It is meaningless and gives false information about the strength of guilds.

The point is, why even have a "ranking" then? It is meaningless and gives false information about the strength of guilds.
no it is not false. It is normal. You have award for winning - so you need ranking. Its just to organize everything. show chances, loses, wins etc.

In new GB there are 2 purposes
1. win in diamond - to get new building
2. win championship.

Nothing more really matters. You cant make a ranking that will shot strenght of guild becasue every session is different and depends on other factors - enemies.

You can only show the strongest guild proprly - only if you gurantee that the guild with the same amount of wins will play togheter in last season.

If so, the ranking would perfectly show the strongest guild, cuz those guild would won with second and probably with the third guild.

Arch1e

Marquis
no it is not false. It is normal. You have award for winning - so you need ranking. Its just to organize everything. show chances, loses, wins etc.

2. win championship.

Nothing more really matters. You cant make a ranking that will shot strenght of guild becasue every session is different and depends on other factors - enemies.

You can only show the strongest guild proprly - only if you gurantee that the guild with the same amount of wins will play togheter in last season.

If so, the ranking would perfectly show the strongest guild, cuz those guild would won with second and probably with the third guild.
This Gbg format has 1 award, and that is per season. Then there is winning the championship. That carries no extra prize. What it does carry is bragging rights and a ‘1’ in the last column, no additional ranking for that. *But* soon this is the only ranking the majority of players will see, and around mid December, it will be the only ranking, at least for now. Of course it matters, why else would people have paid any attention to their Gvg based ranking? Or to anyone else’s? Maybe it’s world dependent how much attention was ever paid to that, but my world has had a fair few guilds who did.

Back to prizes - again, how is it ok that you fight and end up 2nd 6 times in 1000 lps league, and don’t even get the level 1 building? When fighting baby dime and winning there only 3 times, something that takes way less effort and will be reality for a few guilds, unless they completely mess up their dropping down in the points, gives you the first level?

I do think there needs to be an adjustment and weighting also of how many battles are done, the league/tier point bracket in which a win and league points were obtained, and potentially also an extra something that you carry with you if you win a championship, be it an extra 100 lps or whatever.

Boo...

Baronet
Does it make sense to highlight second and third places in color?
In the old ratings this made sense, but now?
Screenshot_6.jpg

Ashura Tsunoda

Merchant
Question:
In the announcement I found this today:
Most importantly, we would like to announce a commemorative gift to all of you to mark the end of the GvG legendary run.
When GvG is disabled, all players will find a unique new building in their Inventory -- the Last Province!

There is a discussion now in our guild if that means absolutely all players will get this building (my understanding) or only those that have played GvG before (how others understood it). Can someone answer this for sure?

CrashBoom

Legend
Question:
In the announcement I found this today:
Most importantly, we would like to announce a commemorative gift to all of you to mark the end of the GvG legendary run.
When GvG is disabled, all players will find a unique new building in their Inventory -- the Last Province!

There is a discussion now in our guild if that means absolutely all players will get this building (my understanding) or only those that have played GvG before (how others understood it). Can someone answer this for sure?
;)

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator

View attachment 10378
Perhaps trophies could be rewarded to the top4 guilds of each championship. Similar to GE championships. One champion's cup for each championship won, silver GbG cup for every championship finished 2nd, bronze cup for each finished championship as 3rd and copper cup for each championship finished in 4th place.

At live only 1 super dominant guild got a 4 streak victory, dominating the GBG ranking. Looking up on their profile they've won 54/55 diamond league seasons. The guild in 3rd place is dominating GvG at that world and managed a 3 victory streak in GbG. Their resources might be stretched more thin and could become more focused when GvG is removed. Though they've maintained an impressive victory ratio in diamond: 42/55. The guild claiming 2nd place has also maintained a 3 victory streak and is ahead due to vp. Having an victory ratio in diamond league of: 14/39.
Analysing the top3, it was probable that the current nr1 GbG guild would claim dominance. The 2nd and 3rd place however are a bit surprising. Could also be that it's the luck factor. Despite that, the real champions' guild seems to be unbeatable by anyone for a very long time.

PilgrimDK

Merchant

2. win championship.

Or the one who are willing to use the most Diamonds.

PilgrimDK

Merchant
Fifth round just started and we have still not had a solo round while our two rivals each have had 2 now. They get a pause to fill Up troops, diamonds and energi and They get a free Victory in a ranking where the number of Victories count just as much as points They also get a ton of now.

Those who say that it Will be fair mixing over 6 round so everyone gets the same advantages, you are not correct.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
If your question is whether you'll have extra 3000 frags or not, I'm fairly confident you'll have it, see no reason why the game would refuse to give you the rewards. For now, we still don't know what players will able to do with the frags they can't use, but that still doesn't suggest you won't get it.

Sinitar

Regent
If your question is whether you'll have extra 3000 frags or not, I'm fairly confident you'll have it, see no reason why the game would refuse to give you the rewards. For now, we still don't know what players will able to do with the frags they can't use, but that still doesn't suggest you won't get it.
I mean when the actual Championship is over
So 3k per 1st Diamond League won + 3k additional for reaching 1st in Championship