• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Arch1e

Marquis
CrashBoom, you are definitely an expert in ALL areas.
But I would like a competent answer, and not something that I can read myself.
There is nothing in the GBG news about the championship winner. There we are talking about ratings.
His is a competent answer. The winner is the guild with top rank. You can’t have several.

CrashBoom

Legend
Will fragments of Tower of Champions fall in the next championship?

Got some more news, the mentioned tower in main thread seems to be indeed the next (new) championship reward, by the name, very original, a Royal Tower of Champions.
reward_icon_selection_kit_royal_tower_of_champions-82cdeaad8.png

reward_icon_selection_kit_royal_tower_of_champions
reward_icon_upgrade_kit_GBGWatchtower2023C2-26f21cba3.png

reward_icon_upgrade_kit_GBGWatchtower2023C2

Let's see what happens with 5 victories after the start of the next championship.
I think you can brag for three days, then it will be 0.

I don't understand the meaning of your post.
Having 5 victories in the next championship would be amazing because you would have the coveted and exclusive lvl 2 tower. Speaking of which, on Thursday the next championship starts and we still haven't seen the stats of the new tower.

What to do with the old fragments? Will they ever fall again, or will it be impossible to assemble the tower?
Right now it is impossible to assemble the tower. That will lead to dissatisfaction for some players. How will you feel after 4 championships where you fail to assemble the main tower each time? That will be frustrating, all these fragments and nothing to do with them. But that's the whole point of something being exclusive. If everybody has it, it does not have any value and is no prize.
It's too soon for Inno to now promise a way to get all the fragments. I don't believe they should do that because it would devalue the tower. But in the far future? Maybe we'll get selection kits for the first 4 towers or so. By that time the towers will not be as good anymore.

Last edited:

lekond

Steward
As I see, the most effective strategy:
1. Before championship create new guild with 10-20 active players
2. For 6 seasons you have not strange guilds on GbG, you have a lot of points
3. After last season you have 175*6>1000 LPs and you may win.

The strangest guilds have GbG with strangest guilds, they have less points and may be not have 6 victories

ArklurBeta

Baronet
...and you may win.
And...win what exactly? :D
After 3 months, if the guild did well, they might be the #1 guild for a short period of time, and...that's all.
No fragments for the championship building (or just some), very limited rewards from GBG.

Is it something for fun a group of people pull off? Yeah...as of now, it seems that could be possible, but calling it an effective strategy? 'nah.

It's an interesting idea, but no one is really going to bother trying it for real. I went through the Guild ranking list and the only guild that comes close to achieving this is the guild Fighters United. They have 5 victories, a respectable 3.5 million points and have 963 division points. If they had ended with 1000 division points they would be the fifth highest ranking guild on the server. Still not number one.

But since they were founded in August 2023 and started out in bronze league they have no fragments for the tower of champions.

CrashBoom

Legend
1. Before championship create new guild with 10-20 active players
2. For 6 seasons you have not strange guilds on GbG, you have a lot of points
3. After last season you have 175*6>1000 LPs and you may win.

The strangest guilds have GbG with strangest guilds, they have less points and may be not have 6 victories
or you wait 4 season and then join a lower guild which already has 4 easy wins and help them to get 2 more ;)

LastWarrior

Regent
Does the guild that wins the championship get anything for acheiving first place, or is it just 1 in the win column?

Last edited:

Demeter7

Squire
@Juber Is it correct that guild rankings reset at the beginning of each new 6 season Championship?
... based on the announcement:
"The ranks will be based firstly on League Points your Guild currently has, secondly on the amount of Battleground victories in the current Championship, thirdly on total Victory Points accumulated in the current Championship, and lastly on the Guild Level."

Also, what were all of the criteria in the old guild ranking? It was not only based on GvG. It was based on other things like guild Prestige. Does Prestige mean nothing now?

Thank you.

Also, what were all of the criteria in the old guild ranking? It was not only based on GvG. It was based on other things like guild Prestige. Does Prestige mean nothing now?
That is correct. It is about to mean nothing. As Juber just announced that the GVG ranking will be deleted on mobile this means that only PC players will be able to see the GVG ranking. And what is the point of Prestige points if no one can see the rankings (except for a dwindling group)? Nothing.

Demeter7

Squire
That is correct. It is about to mean nothing. As Juber just announced that the GVG ranking will be deleted on mobile this means that only PC players will be able to see the GVG ranking. And what is the point of Prestige points if no one can see the rankings (except for a dwindling group)? Nothing.
Kind of depressing.
Guild Prestige means nothing, which means that GE scores mean nothing.
GBG rank resets every 6 seasons.
What encouragement is there any longer to build up a guild?

This game is deteriorating badly.