• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

MATR

Squire
Can't sell guild battle grounds statue kit in AD, now must build soh or rtv then store to sell. Old SOH kit can sell in AD. I don't need 25 SOH so I am always selling some, This makes it more difficult and expensive to sell, of all the junk I got Store Building is in short supply. I guess I shouldn't care as there is seldom anything in the AD I ever want to buy. I think in my main world I have more than 7M trade coins, 1.7M on beta, started buying junk with happiness to complete quests

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
If they wanted to stop farming why didn't they just limit the daily number of fights each player can do? They could have capped it at 1000, 800 or 600 fights per player without reinventing the wheel. No one would be able to get 20-25k per season which was ridiculous on its own but 6-10k fights which seems acceptable?
It's probably because they wanna keep a soft-cap from attrition. Through some exploitation, ahum "strategy" with SC attrition was (almost entirely) bypassed. Effectively removing the cap for some. I think they wanna address this. While also continue to sell the "solution" for the "problem" attrition poses.
Attrition poses a soft-cap for everyone. With %:att_def_attacker: sold during events with event buildings, this soft-cap can be raised at a personal level and motivates players to continuously invest. To squeezing out that little bit higher attrition level for those few extra fights. Same goes with the GbG buildings. All designed to gain an advantage over competitors. It seems the rewards and ranking are an attempt to make guilds compete with each other and giving them goals resulting into conflict. At least it seems to be the intention.

In short, it's quite simple. The changes are aimed to discourage farming, making attrition relevant again, making event buildings sold valuable for players, to be able to maintain profitability. While also trying to motivate guilds to fight each other for ranking and special buildings.

Tempestas

Squire
This is the problem I am having with this. Playing FOE is not my paid job. That means "no I do not have time to spend ridiculous numbers of hours on it" (and I already have been, there are not more to give) add to "GBG is a bit boring already." I'm okay that some guilds are better than my guild. But from the point of view of teaching other players how to make decisions, this is a mess. GBG already has the problem of taking up too many hours a day and auto-battling being boring. Now you have made it so complicated that I'm ready to give up. I don't have time for figure out all this. Its already too much work and you have made it worse. I'm sure there are probably good things you have done, but this is a crappy mess that I don't want even to begin to think about. Go away.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Regarding building costs in a small-guild setting:

1692983520257.png

For a guild of 10, a well-levelled arc, observatory, and hydra each should be enough to safely afford the big building in HQ every season (you might get unlucky when someone just enters an age where you haven't built up the treasury yet. But that should fix itself before long because with the numbers in green, you're making 5 times the average number of goods needed for that building as a guild). You could replace the hydra with a level 80 AI core or atomium if hydra goods are a problem (which is fair).

For a guild of 1, the highlighted yellow numbers would probably be desired adds and would enable affording it on average every season (again might miss a season early because of luck), but none of this is anything too unreasonable to ask of yourself.

The 3 tiers of buildings also allows guild leadership to manage which treasury goods are spent outside of HQ. Running low on one good? Surely one of the 6 available attrition reduction buildings in the sector doesn't need it - making it likely you can build that up this season in case you need it for the HQ building next one.

Last edited:

GwenGwen

Merchant
P.Lease, may I know pore about the tower of champions,
We can have just one tower of champions like a GM or more towers od champions like a statue of honor? Because we win it with fragments.

-Alin-

Emperor
P.Lease, may I know pore about the tower of champions,
We can have just one tower of champions like a GM or more towers od champions like a statue of honor? Because we win it with fragments.

We can win more of them, but it's pretty slow, You need 6 GbG rounds to get a level 2 tower of champions, You need 6k fragments, 3000 Fragments for each level, and You get 1000 after You got the first place in the diamond league round.
And according to the announcement, after the tournament is done there will be a different prize, so this leads to a different building instead of the Tower of champions.

Yekk

Regent
Regarding building costs in a small-guild setting:

View attachment 10058

For a guild of 10, a well-levelled arc, observatory, and hydra each should be enough to safely afford the big building in HQ every season (you might get unlucky when someone just enters an age where you haven't built up the treasury yet. But that should fix itself before long because with the numbers in green, you're making 5 times the average number of goods needed for that building as a guild). You could replace the hydra with a level 80 AI core or atomium if hydra goods are a problem (which is fair).

For a guild of 1, the highlighted yellow numbers would probably be desired adds and would enable affording it on average every season (again might miss a season early because of luck), but none of this is anything too unreasonable to ask of yourself.

The 3 tiers of buildings also allows guild leadership to manage which treasury goods are spent outside of HQ. Running low on one good? Surely one of the 6 available attrition reduction buildings in the sector doesn't need it - making it likely you can build that up this season in case you need it for the HQ building next one.
A level 55 hydra will need a bit over 500,000 goods to get to that point and a bit over 5 billion coins. I would not include it in your calcs.

CDmark

Baronet
I saw a post early concerning the random rewards we get when making advances. Can we get a breakdown with amounts and % chances and not make it seem like these numbers are like nuclear codes.

% chance for a reward after attack or nego (are they the same?)

reward items and % chance of getting each reward item including diamonds

Will the maps be different reward items?

I see Inno is still not matching up guilds by number of members - our little 4 person guild is up against a 70+ person guild and a 40+ person guild, along with some other small guilds. If guild size can be matched up in GE, why not in GBG ?
Recruit more players or don't move up by winning.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
A level 55 hydra will need a bit over 500,000 goods to get to that point and a bit over 5 billion coins. I would not include it in your calcs.
So then use the atomium or ai core at 80 instead as i mentioned as an alternative.

I included the hydra because it's something I personally will be building anyways for the military boost where AI core or Atomium only enter consideration if I need another goods building.

angelgail

Baronet
i like that it show attri,amount i cant really tell here if it will help us or not ,but i reading yall feed back on it
an playing it

Astrid

Baronet
The changes are not bad, actually the gbg is now how it should have been from the beginning. However, since most of us are used to farming, I see many players just quit. Attrition ? Let's be honest, there is such a small difference between attack bonus 2000 compared to attack bonus 3000... only few more fights... please understand Inno that it's not worth it. Higher attrition levels after 80 are way too punishing. Why invest in 4000 attack when I can go only... well maybe 10-15 more attrition compared to 2500 attack ? Also, some still don't know, but levelling Arctic Orangery above 180 is way more important than all the 3 new Titan buildings combined at 50.

And now we return to the diamonds problem. They were reduced by over 50% in the guild expedition and now with the lack of farming and by what players say about the diamond reward chance to appear being cut in half, it basically means that the last reliable source of decent diamond grabbing is gone. It was the only thing that kept motivating me playing gbg. I have lots of forge points and I keep producing titan goods with my CF that I sell for even more forge points. So for me, it's just not worth it anymore to do anything else than selling goods and collecting my city on a daily basis.

-Sushi-

Farmer
Better develop GVG instead. Its more fun. A permanent game where guilds step in on a daily basis if they want. Of course with larger maps, covering all ages ...etc. Maybe 2 rounds per day. All guilds in one match as GVG.

Not this 24/7 GBG crap with creepy matchmaking.

Thanks

TARS

Merchant
It's probably because they wanna keep a soft-cap from attrition. Through some exploitation, ahum "strategy" with SC attrition was (almost entirely) bypassed. Effectively removing the cap for some. I think they wanna address this. While also continue to sell the "solution" for the "problem" attrition poses.
Attrition poses a soft-cap for everyone. With %:att_def_attacker: sold during events with event buildings, this soft-cap can be raised at a personal level and motivates players to continuously invest. To squeezing out that little bit higher attrition level for those few extra fights. Same goes with the GbG buildings. All designed to gain an advantage over competitors. It seems the rewards and ranking are an attempt to make guilds compete with each other and giving them goals resulting into conflict. At least it seems to be the intention.

In short, it's quite simple. The changes are aimed to discourage farming, making attrition relevant again, making event buildings sold valuable for players, to be able to maintain profitability. While also trying to motivate guilds to fight each other for ranking and special buildings.

I'm agree with you. I think that was the plan from the beginning when gbg came out, there were also traps and other buildings to compete with each other but the guilds quickly figured out that they play as a team and let each other's support to switch every 4 hours to achieve the maximum fp and other stuff.
Now they want to sensitively correct this without upsetting the players too much.

If I interpret the icon correctly, the new victory Tower will provide blue combat values:att_def_defender: for the guild battle, but so far I have not seen any place where these values are required? Will there be any other changes?

CrashBoom

Legend
If I interpret the icon correctly, the new victory Tower will provide blue combat values:att_def_defender: for the guild battle, but so far I have not seen any place where these values are required? Will there be any other changes?
announcement (at the bottom in the spoiler)

Were you about to ask us about the Defending army boosts for Guild Battlegrounds? Good spot! They are indeed not in use. Right now...

so you have to wait at least 16 weeks until this championship is over

Panthera

Merchant
Good morning
I find the jokes of the developers more and more in bad taste

wanting to decrease the maximum value of attrition and impose it on us for 9 months to end up proposing buildings and increasing it considerably.

Boo...

Baronet
When accruing goods for the construction of buildings, none of the guild statistics are used. Nothing!!!
The guild does not have a single person in Jupiter, but the goods for construction are required!
There is no connection with the number of players in eras. None!
I counted all the goods on the map, in all sectors for all buildings. There is no connection to the guild.
Where did the developers get the numbers for the distribution of goods? Oh, I'm giving the answer - they wrote a random number script. Probably one script for all cases.

Boo...

Baronet
I also now know how the cost of construction appeared.
They decided to make 70 slots, and the total construction cost should end with three zeros.
It is very funny!
Снимок экрана 2023-08-26 145203.jpg