• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Yes I did say a camp on the home base helps smaller guilds. But what I meant to say was the price basically means smaller guilds cannot buy them. And functionally it means that the only guilds actually buying them are the larger guilds who don't need them as much since they will hold most of the center.

It is a good idea in theory, but a bad idea in practice.

Also for everyone saying that smaller guilds don't deserve to be in diamond, I fully agree. The matchmaking should have been fixed, and this does not address it. But if the goal of the changes is to rebalance GBG then this 75k thing just creates more imbalance not less.
It gives something to build towards. A problem to solve. The amount of goods we making is in the process of going way up (from event creep). If we could already afford everything we want now it'd kill some of the motivation to keep building up. I'm sure in a year or two a well developed small guild will drop the 75k once a season no problem.

RonTeddy

Merchant
It gives something to build towards. A problem to solve. The amount of goods we making is in the process of going way up (from event creep). If we could already afford everything we want now it'd kill some of the motivation to keep building up. I'm sure in a year or two a well developed small guild will drop the 75k once a season no problem.
Who plays the 2 years a **** game? What do you dream at night?

CrashBoom

Legend
I'm sure in a year or two a well developed small guild will drop the 75k once a season no problem.
if they are after 2 years still a small guild they don't deserve those new HQ buildings

if they want those buildings they should have become a big guild in those 2 years

o_O

Who plays the 2 years a **** game? What do you dream at night?
he dreams of terrible small guilds which are still small after 2 years

CrashBoom

Legend
Your answer sounds logical to me, but who is the winner of the championship then? If all winners compete in one GBG, the championship would end after 2-3 GBG? @Juber can you help?
he already helped
The championship does not influence the leagues. The championship is basically a replacement for the current battlegrounds placement rewards. These rewards are no longer based on the map and will change every 8 battlegrounds.

No change there.

League Points are still granted after each season.

and the winner of the championship is the guild which won most LP in the 8 seasons (if a guild starting with 0 LP can manage this automatically that guild because of +50% in the first season)
if more guilds are tied: which won most seasons. most likely also tied (at 8) because if LP is equal how should that be different ?
and then which guild made most victory points during the championship

CrashBoom

Legend
and surprise
their won championship counter in ranking increased by 1
that's all. not more

and in the next championship the ranking will reset (except the won championship column)

CrashBoom

Legend
I think the championship should be an KO tournament
first championship season for all
only the winners will go to a 2nd championship season. all other to a normal GBG rounds (no championship reward building even if they win diamond)
3rd championship seasons: only winners of 2nd season
and a final 4th season --> the winner wins the CHAMPIONSHIP

8^4 = 4096 so that tourmanent would be for a maximum of 4096 guilds

the fragments then should be changed from 1/3 to 1/2 per season so the winner guild will have their building at level 2

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
if they are after 2 years still a small guild they don't deserve those new HQ buildings

if they want those buildings they should have become a big guild in those 2 years
Some small guilds want to stay small guilds ;) Not everyone plays to become part of a big guild.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
but treated like big guilds o_O

a guild which decides to stay small also decides to have less than big guilds :rolleyes:
(less people to aid, less people who help in 1.9, less guild goods for GBG, ....)

so they shouldn't complain if those new GBG are too expensive for them
it was their decission to stay small :rolleyes:
Am I complaining? I said that it's something to work towards being able to afford. I'm pretty sure I could pull it off as a 1-man guild if I wanted given some time to develop.

CrashBoom

Legend
Yes I did say a camp on the home base helps smaller guilds. But what I meant to say was the price basically means smaller guilds cannot buy them. And functionally it means that the only guilds actually buying them are the larger guilds who don't need them as much since they will hold most of the center.
and that is WHY top guilds need the HQ building more than a small guild

let's take 2 guild fighting for championship win (in different battlefields)
a) has all sectors but doesn't build the HQ building
b) has only 60% of the sectors but the highest HQ which gives +100% points for ALL sectors (or even 2 what is according to Juber a bug)

so guild a) MUST have that HQ to get a better result than guild b)
or else guild b) which are having 40% less sectors would get 20% more points

but can a small guild say they MUST have it ??

:rolleyes:

Am I complaining?
not you.

other players from small guilds

mintbunnies

Farmer
and that is WHY top guilds need the HQ building more than a small guild

let's take 2 guild fighting for championship win (in different battlefields)
a) has all sectors but doesn't build the HQ building
b) has only 60% of the sectors but the highest HQ which gives +100% points for ALL sectors (or even 2 what is according to Juber a bug)

so guild a) MUST have that HQ to get a better result than guild b)
or else guild b) which are having 40% less sectors would get 20% more points

but can a small guild say they MUST have it ??

:rolleyes:

not you.

other players from small guilds
I think you are misunderstanding me. We have 80 members in ours and are currently trying not to lock down the other guilds on the map. In fact we built ours but it was a waste of goods.

My point is that the changes were supposed to be for GBG rebalancing. Why introduce a feature that smaller guilds cannot use? If the answer is "well if you work hard for 2 years then you can use this feature too." then why does GBG need to change then?

Does this feature help with GBG rebalancing? It is going in the opposite direction.

Did I say anything about must have it? I did not say this, maybe you are misunderstanding what I am writing. Because you are the one writing that top guilds need this feature. The top 2 guilds need extra camps so they can fight each other more isn't the problem in GBG. This is what already happens.

CrashBoom

Legend
maybe the HQ buildings costs should depend on league
diamond: 75k for best one
and then platinum 60k, gold 40k, silver 20k, bronze 10k

reason is simple:
in highest league guild have (or should have) goods and impact on result (+100%) is significant
on bronze guilds never lose the sectors next to HQ and I doubt their is much battle for place 1 and 2 (so here 10k is already very high)

Why introduce a feature that smaller guilds cannot use?
so smaller guilds can use them
(small = in lower leagues. not a small guild in diamond league)

TARS

Merchant

It is a good idea in theory, but a bad idea in practice.

Also for everyone saying that smaller guilds don't deserve to be in diamond, I fully agree. The matchmaking should have been fixed, and this does not address it. But if the goal of the changes is to rebalance GBG then this 75k thing just creates more imbalance not less.

Exactly, I agree with all of your comments.

CrashBoom

Legend
did someone find allready some pieces of

The Tourney Grounds?​

Yes 28/500

and someone not in diamond league ???

announcement

The Tourney Grounds and the conquest rewards​

While we've only introduced an exclusive building for the Diamond League for now, those of you who haven't made it there yet will not leave empty-handed! For every Battleground battle, you have a chance to receive Fragments of the new limited building – the Tourney Grounds!
according to that the Tourney Grounds isn't diamond only
(in my understanding)

I am currently in platinum league on beta
and after 90 fights still 0