• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

TARS

Merchant
I like the new gbg balancing at first glance.
Let's see how it works in the next few days.

But what I can already say now:
I see both sides like this. I'm in a strong guild in my main world (server DE) and here on Beta in a quite average guild. The base camps are a good attempt to make it easier for weaker guilds to jump on the map but actually the strong guilds benefit from the high costs because they will hardly have to build them because they will get on the map anyway with or without support and this goes even so far that I often don't know where our starting place is :)
So the strong guilds don't need that anymore once they are on the map but the weaker guilds must definitely spend the high costs for the base camps to get the chance at all.

So my suggestion: You can make the base camps cheaper because it doesn't matter for strong guilds but it does for weak guilds :cool:

Last edited:

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
I tried 2 barracks, it does nothing, 1 attrition every fight. 3 hour build time or 125 diamonds for fortified is too much and too long. It has now become a true diamond battlegrounds. I do like some of the ideas, but some make no sense and hurt the game. Then consider how weak Titan troops are, it really sucks
I would suggest going for the cheaper options then. :)
Also, even though they reduce the chance to gain attrition, they will never completely remove it, meaning you can be unlucky and still get a couple back to back.

Pass Go

Squire
I see Inno is still not matching up guilds by number of members - our little 4 person guild is up against a 70+ person guild and a 40+ person guild, along with some other small guilds. If guild size can be matched up in GE, why not in GBG ?

Kaidi

Farmer
I see Inno is still not matching up guilds by number of members - our little 4 person guild is up against a 70+ person guild and a 40+ person guild, along with some other small guilds. If guild size can be matched up in GE, why not in GBG ?
GE can pick from all worlds from a particular country. Not every individual world has tons of guilds to choose from. U.S. Carthage only has 29 Diamond guilds. They range from 15 members to 80 members.

And GE doesn't have leagues, so much, much bigger pool of people all the way around.

Aerendil

Squire
Question on the Championship:
Brace yourselves for the all-new Guild Battleground Championship! For eight Battleground seasons, your Guild will compete with other Guilds for truly unique prizes, at first – for Diamond Guilds. To check the current Championship duration and the current Diamond League prize, click on this symbol on the top right of your screen in the Guild Battlegrounds:
Are the guilds mixed during the championship? Or are we playing 8 conseceutive GBG with the same oppennents?
The 1000 Kits for won championships and also the counter won championships irritates me.

Can we please mix the guilds in GBG in every other GBG as before? Playing 8 GBG with your archenemy who doesnt cooperate or with too weak guilds is hell

Yekk

Regent
Question on the Championship:

Are the guilds mixed during the championship? Or are we playing 8 conseceutive GBG with the same oppennents?
The 1000 Kits for won championships and also the counter won championships irritates me.

Can we please mix the guilds in GBG in every other GBG as before? Playing 8 GBG with your archenemy who doesnt cooperate or with too weak guilds is hell
different opponents each league, it could not be the same as some drop down and others move up

Aerendil

Squire
different opponents each league, it could not be the same as some drop down and others move up
Your answer sounds logical to me, but who is the winner of the championship then? If all winners compete in one GBG, the championship would end after 2-3 GBG? @Juber can you help?

mintbunnies

Farmer
I think 75k is a fair price for the building on the homebase. You build it once and can use ist for 11 days with all benefits.
A Fortified Guild Command Post cost about 7k goods and is normaly useable for only a short period.
small guilds which cannot afford this have not to play the diamond league
I didn't say it wasn't a fair price. I said it benefited larger guilds and was cost prohibitive for smaller guilds. The point is not if it is fair or not, it is just another advantage to the larger guilds to jump out into the main map. The complaint was that GBG was already too easy for larger guilds, this is just adding to that problem. My main world we can pay this, but it isn't necessarily the case that all guilds can upfront the cost. Especially if guilds are unlucky about which goods gets selected.

Consider the goal is to make GBG balanced and allow smaller guilds a chance to compete. What is the best way to make this happen? Is the solution to give larger guilds an additional advantage? This is not counting the championship prize which is only for the largest guilds.

That said, there is a lot I am liking about this map. I do like the camp on the homebase even tho I disagree about the price. I like how all sectors have building slots. I do like the option between post and barrack gives an addition option for the treasury. The cost to finish a build for diamonds seems fine to me and is relative to the attrition benefit.

But I am still saying making the homebase cheaper will add more balance to the game. It will give smaller guilds a starting point to jump from, and keep larger guilds on their toes. the homebase won't help larger guilds as much since they will have ample buildings in the center rings. But a camp on your homebase for a smaller guild is a big deal.

Yekk

Regent
Your answer sounds logical to me, but who is the winner of the championship then? If all winners compete in one GBG, the championship would end after 2-3 GBG? @Juber can you help?
The guild who stays on top most. Many guilds may get the level one building which takes 3 wins in the 8 different leagues. I do not think it is possible to get a level 2 until the next championship as that would cost 6000 fragments of the championship tower. 3000 would go to the level one one and only 8000 are possible in 8 leagues. Juber has stated leagues will remain random on who is in them

Aerendil

Squire
I didn't say it wasn't a fair price. I said it benefited larger guilds and was cost prohibitive for smaller guilds. The point is not if it is fair or not, it is just another advantage to the larger guilds to jump out into the main map. The complaint was that GBG was already too easy for larger guilds, this is just adding to that problem. My main world we can pay this, but it isn't necessarily the case that all guilds can upfront the cost. Especially if guilds are unlucky about which goods gets selected.
Quite contrary, the Buildings in Home sectors help smaller guilds with the attrition reduction more.
The attrition reduction only help larger guilds for the first sector
When you win the GBG anyway there is no need to build the VP booster, in contested GBG you probably need it because its gamechanging

But for smaller guilds: Place 1 big 80% and you are set for the rest of the GBG and can start with -80% every time on your home sector, that helps

I agree with you: the VP increase is not neccessary and the price in goods should be cheaper (not the rushing costs).
In cooperations first place is often decided by who takes most outlying sectors. With a 100% increase its an obligation to build it at sthe start.
And the you have have the stupid effect of 3 randomly picked goods.

Remove the VP Bonus on Buildings in starting sector

Given that the championship is currently only available in diamond league a couple of things I'm not certain on: what happens if you join diamond league part way through a championship and what happens if you have one bad matchup and end up demoted to platinum for a single round then return to diamond the time after? Does it only count your time in diamond over the full championship, or do you get removed if you don't manage to stay in diamond throughout?

More than this however, I worry that the current approach to the Tower of Champions. For reference, I'm in one of the many mid-range guilds that stay at 1000 LP 90% of the time and normally finish 3rd or 4th but never 1st or 2nd. On the rare occasions when we get a really bad match up and get demoted down to the lower part of diamond league (925 - 975 LP) we will pretty much always dominate that map and get put back up to 1000 LP for the next week.

The Tower of Champions then says: "The challenge to get the Tower of Champions is truly not easy. Win at least three Diamond League Battlegrounds in a Championship to get enough Fragments to unlock level one of the brand new Tower of Champions. Win SIX Battlegrounds in a Championship to unlock level 2!". If we stay at 1000 LP we'll get no wins in at all, however, I could reasonably easily stage it so that one week we finish 6th and get pushed down to the lower half of diamond, then the next week we'll win the map and go back to 1000 LP. Repeat that over 8 weeks and get 4 diamond league wins and the level 1 building.

I feel like that isn't how it's meant to work and much as I like the fact that we'd get access to the building it just doesn't seem quite as worthy an approach as actually winning in the 1000 LP bracket. It could of course be amusing to watch the battle of the middle ground guilds to land in 6th place while avoiding either dropping to 7th or ending up in the top 4. It's already a good place to land for the amount of farming you can do in that lower bracket, but this just makes it even more pointed that that's the better part of diamond to sit in.

Three potential solutions:
1. Only wins at 1000 LP count for the purposes of the championship building
2. Diamond league is redefined as being 1000 LP only
3. Stop constructing the match-ups for diamond based on your LPs and instead just make it a random mix of all diamond guilds

bornempire

Steward
Right> Looking on the new GBG ranking system. Who is number one at reset time of first day:
That's the guild 'wildfire'. A guild with only 2 persons, Emyllis & Lady M. In the old ranking system they have position guild ranking: 2835. They must have done something revolutionary today! Congratz!

They play in Copper League. And have not won any tournament. Here a screenshot of their guild.

Let us all give a warm applaud to the designers of this ranking system. Is there already one post who found out why they have 263 League points?

The number 2 ranked guild of all ranked guilds in the new GBG ranking system are: The outsiders! Also 2 players in Copper League. ranked 794 in the old system.

The number 3 ranked today is "Midnight Shift'. Only 1 member, Billboard66. The GVG rank is 1126. According to her guildprofile she has gathered 101 League Points so far. In Copper League. But for the new GBG ranking she gets 263 League Points and is today the number 3 guild of all guilds!

Isn't that great?

CDmark

Baronet
Are you suggesting that 6am in Europe is a good time to start the battles?
Not me suggesting anything, what I read is the game clock revolves around them, in Europe and the rest of the time zones fall in where they do. I prefer a time change, tired of 7AM (CST) starts.

CDmark

Baronet
Overall first impressions it's like INNO decided how can we help the bigger guilds and screw the smaller guilds the most? I know, let's do 75k for a field camp!

While I think a camp on your homebase is a genius idea and something I've considered for a long time, charging 75k is exclusively for the largest guilds. Here's an idea, make the homebase cheap, fair, and equal for all. It doesn't give any one guild an advantage to jump into the map, and it allows the smaller guilds that are locked down into their base always to get a chance for hits.

The only other comment I want to add at this time is can we change those names?
Improvised Guild Command Post (IGCP)
Forward Guild Command Post (FGCP)
Fortified Guild Command Post (FGCP)
At the very least make different acronyms.

Improvised Post
Command Post
Fortified Command Post
Agree completely

Barrack
Improvised Barrack (means a little better, of course costs more)
FORTIFIED Barrack (the Big Tuna, best barrack you can get)

same for GCP

Guild Command Post
Improvised GCP
FORTIFIED GCP

It actually flows better and makes more sense when you add the adjectives "improvised" and "fortified". You can even change improvised to improved.

So, Tommy has an improved barrack. Sally says, "that is great but mine is fortified". So most would read fortified is better than improved and things can read better.

Quite contrary, the Buildings in Home sectors help smaller guilds with the attrition reduction more.
When you win the GBG anyway there is no need to build the VP booster, in contested GBG you probably need it because its gamechanging

But for smaller guilds: Place 1 big 80% and you are set for the rest of the GBG and can start with -80% every time on your home sector, that helps

I agree with you: the VP increase is not neccessary and the price in goods should be cheaper (not the rushing costs).
In cooperations first place is often decided by who takes most outlying sectors. With a 100% increase its an obligation to build it at sthe start.

It does not help the smaller guilds because they have much smaller Treasuries. The basic GFC costs 24K Paper for my guild. That is half of the Paper the guild has collected in 9 years. That is just not a payable amount. Pricing it like any other Siege Camp would actually make it buyable for the smaller, weaker guilds.

mintbunnies

Farmer

Yes I did say a camp on the home base helps smaller guilds. But what I meant to say was the price basically means smaller guilds cannot buy them. And functionally it means that the only guilds actually buying them are the larger guilds who don't need them as much since they will hold most of the center.

It is a good idea in theory, but a bad idea in practice.

Also for everyone saying that smaller guilds don't deserve to be in diamond, I fully agree. The matchmaking should have been fixed, and this does not address it. But if the goal of the changes is to rebalance GBG then this 75k thing just creates more imbalance not less.

MATR

Squire
boost for gbg of forgotten temple doesn't show on my troops in gbg. They show the same stats as GE. 2nd If bldgs now have different stat for different battles, where can I see my stat? Town hall attack bonus looks the same as before, seems like it will need GE stats, GBG stats, and PVP stats.
3rd, What use is the blue defender army boost for GBG from my Forgotten Temple in gbg if no fights use defenders?