• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Guild Battleground

Owl II

Emperor
OMG ... it doesn't matter how the guilds allocated by League. You either can (and want) to farm in GBG, or you can't. And if you want, you'll find a way. Because the majority of players do it. Only singles are dissatisfied. Take a poll and we'll see it

The Lady Ann

Baronet
Any reasons given?

no that was it, just a huge red do not suggest slapped on it, poll removed, thread closed they say they want you to format a suggestion properly and when you do instead of just leaving it to see if the community think it would be a mini step in a good direction or not, all discussion is smothered

Owl II

Emperor
Of course, something needs to change in GBG if we want it to be a team game. But tell me, how are you going to measure who is first and who is second? Who is third, and who is tenth? What marks do you want to use for this?

Owl II

Emperor
84 guilds in Diamond League are in my world now. More than 40 of them have 1000 LP. How will you rank these 40+ guilds so you can use your ingenious group allocation system?

The Lady Ann

Baronet
this is my idea days and days of thought and tweaking it before I shared it only to be slapped down in 2 seconds

Proposal:

New upper level for GbG - Tungsten

Another level of GbG the Guild League points range would be raised so Tungsten would start at 1500 this would hopefully move all the ‘top’ guilds up together

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else?

Yes, nothing similar appears to have been suggested

Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? No

Reason: - the ‘top’ guilds are not matched together very often which can lead to long and boring seasons in a feature which should be fast paced and dynamic,

it could be fast paced and dynamic if the matchmaking/guild points system had kept pace with the way guilds have developed strategies for this feature.
At the moment all guilds have to do to gain Diamond status is gain points every season, so more and more guilds are arriving in Diamond only to bounce straight back down, I feel this is demoralizing to them

Details:

A new higher level of Guild Battle grounds - for guilds with points over 1500
advances required to conquer a sector 220

Platinum would now cover guilds with points from 651 - 1000
Diamond league would now cover guilds with points from 1001 - 1499
Tungsten 1500+
With a view to an additional league being added in the future Cobalt for 2000+

Visual Aids: colour change for the battleground league icon and GbG entry building bigger

Balance: stops some guilds from becoming demoralized due to feeling they are going nowhere fast when they are consistently facing one of the top 6 guilds

Abuse Prevention: can not be abused due to the fact this would be an additional higher league in order to prevent the ‘abuse’ of lower level guilds by the ‘top’ guilds

Also the GB can not be abused by restricting the availability of the blueprints

Summary: Guild Battle fields would benefit from a shake up among the ‘top’ guilds matching them more often with each other

My reward system would look like this, every fight or negotiation has a chance to reward

FP’s - 12
Goods - total 80 - 40 for player + 40 guild goods
Units - 8
Large attack bonus
Diamonds - 30

The final rewards would include Guild Prestige not Guild Power
And BP’s for a new Guild Goods & Guild Prestige Great Building

1st place 60 guild points, 6000 guild prestige & 6 BP’s
2nd place 40 guild points, 5000 guild prestige & 5 BP’s
3rd place 20 guild points, 4000 guild prestige & 4 BP’s
4th place 10 guild points, 3000 guild prestige & 3 BP’s
5th place - 20 guild points, 2000 guild prestige & 2 BP’s
6th place -100 guild points, 1000 guild prestige & 1 BP’s

Bottom guild will also be demoted for 1 season regardless of points

this along with the points discrepancy is to give a team in last place a real incentive to push, not just to sit on their hands thinking ‘oh well next time’ as this league is about fighting for your place as it gives extra rewards available from nowhere else

I would give prestige for this league not guild power due to the fact GvG is not available on mobile which puts guilds with mainly mobile players at a disadvantage

Great building size would be on par with the Observatory so 3x3
stats would start at - goods 3 prestige 10 and would follow the trajectory of the Observatory

Great building rewards for building participation would give a greater emphasis on forge point’s and would never give more than 1 blueprint so as to keep it rare, BP’s can not be found from aiding other players

With this adjustment I would also raise SoH to level 10

Level 9 would give 90 guild goods
Level 10 would give 120 guild goods and 8 fp’s

New Great Building all age

BP’s only available from GbG and a single bp when helping to level this building regardless of its level

his is my idea days and days of thought and tweaking it before I shared it only to be slapped down in 2 seconds
At the end it proposes a new All age GB, that is a DSNL element. If removed and just proposes a new league level for guilds with 1500+ LP then it should go through the idea discussion/debate process.

Sl8yer

Regent
this is my idea days and days of thought and tweaking it before I shared it only to be slapped down in 2 seconds

Proposal:

New upper level for GbG - Tungsten

Another level of GbG the Guild League points range would be raised so Tungsten would start at 1500 this would hopefully move all the ‘top’ guilds up together

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else?

Yes, nothing similar appears to have been suggested

Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? No

Reason: - the ‘top’ guilds are not matched together very often which can lead to long and boring seasons in a feature which should be fast paced and dynamic,

it could be fast paced and dynamic if the matchmaking/guild points system had kept pace with the way guilds have developed strategies for this feature.
At the moment all guilds have to do to gain Diamond status is gain points every season, so more and more guilds are arriving in Diamond only to bounce straight back down, I feel this is demoralizing to them

Details:

A new higher level of Guild Battle grounds - for guilds with points over 1500
advances required to conquer a sector 220

Platinum would now cover guilds with points from 651 - 1000
Diamond league would now cover guilds with points from 1001 - 1499
Tungsten 1500+
With a view to an additional league being added in the future Cobalt for 2000+

Visual Aids: colour change for the battleground league icon and GbG entry building bigger

Balance: stops some guilds from becoming demoralized due to feeling they are going nowhere fast when they are consistently facing one of the top 6 guilds

Abuse Prevention: can not be abused due to the fact this would be an additional higher league in order to prevent the ‘abuse’ of lower level guilds by the ‘top’ guilds

Also the GB can not be abused by restricting the availability of the blueprints

Summary: Guild Battle fields would benefit from a shake up among the ‘top’ guilds matching them more often with each other

My reward system would look like this, every fight or negotiation has a chance to reward

FP’s - 12
Goods - total 80 - 40 for player + 40 guild goods
Units - 8
Large attack bonus
Diamonds - 30

The final rewards would include Guild Prestige not Guild Power
And BP’s for a new Guild Goods & Guild Prestige Great Building

1st place 60 guild points, 6000 guild prestige & 6 BP’s
2nd place 40 guild points, 5000 guild prestige & 5 BP’s
3rd place 20 guild points, 4000 guild prestige & 4 BP’s
4th place 10 guild points, 3000 guild prestige & 3 BP’s
5th place - 20 guild points, 2000 guild prestige & 2 BP’s
6th place -100 guild points, 1000 guild prestige & 1 BP’s

Bottom guild will also be demoted for 1 season regardless of points

this along with the points discrepancy is to give a team in last place a real incentive to push, not just to sit on their hands thinking ‘oh well next time’ as this league is about fighting for your place as it gives extra rewards available from nowhere else

I would give prestige for this league not guild power due to the fact GvG is not available on mobile which puts guilds with mainly mobile players at a disadvantage

Great building size would be on par with the Observatory so 3x3
stats would start at - goods 3 prestige 10 and would follow the trajectory of the Observatory

Great building rewards for building participation would give a greater emphasis on forge point’s and would never give more than 1 blueprint so as to keep it rare, BP’s can not be found from aiding other players

With this adjustment I would also raise SoH to level 10

Level 9 would give 90 guild goods
Level 10 would give 120 guild goods and 8 fp’s

New Great Building all age

BP’s only available from GbG and a single bp when helping to level this building regardless of its level

And you wonder why that got slapped down?????

In particular, please do not suggest the following ideas, as they will not be implemented:

• Suggestions for new Great Buildings.
  • Ideas to make yourself richer or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and have a element of strategy.

• Better units to fight against other units (i.e. no monster/super units that can sweep all others). New units’ ideas must be balanced with existing ones.

• Better trade ratios (things are supposed to be limited so there is no account feeding).

• Trading of items other than Goods (this is simply too open to abuse, and is potentially a breach of our game rules).

• Rotating buildings to fit in a different shaped space (placing your buildings in optimum positions is part of the game).

• Easier access to Diamonds. Diamonds are rare for a reason.

• Gifting diamonds, buildings, inventory items. The developers are aware that players would like something for this.

• Expansions as rewards. The game is meant to be played with the space available, it is part of the challenge to decide what to put and keep in your city.

• New buildings or items. Buildings and items are decided upon according to a feature, event, era and need to ensure they are balanced within the game.
  • Extreme changes (new battle system, ...)

• New worlds with other game conditions (double speed, no PvP, etc...)

• Removal of features. (such as opting out of PvP)

• Changes to Great Building Bonuses. if there is an issue with a GB that needs balancing this should be discussed in a feedback section rather than as a new idea.

• Bringing GvG to mobile. The developers have stated this will not happen.

• Changes/Additions to GvG.

• Changes to existing rewards.

84 guilds in Diamond League are in my world now. More than 40 of them have 1000 LP. How will you rank these 40+ guilds so you can use your ingenious group allocation system?
Maybe use the Guild Global rankings.

The 1st 8 guilds in diamond face each other than the next 8 face each other. All the way down than start at the top for platinum, gold, silver, and copper. In Beta there is 18 of the Top20 in diamond currently. That would be 2+ full diamond maps. That way the top guilds will have to battle for the top spots on the servers. Instead of idling at the top spot. Beta top guild has been there for 1491 day. I'm mostly sure it was consecutive days. Next closest guild had 123 #1 days. And a handful at 5 days or less.

Just my 2 cents worth.

CrashBoom

Legend
Maybe use the Guild Global rankings.

The 1st 8 guilds in diamond face each other than the next 8 face each other. All the way down than start at the top for platinum, gold, silver, and copper.
good idea
if guilds have the same amount of LP they are ordered according to the ranking

That way the top guilds will have to battle for the top spots on the servers.
nice joke
all 1000 LP guilds (and that are many) get the same amount prestige for the ranking

so how could that change the battle for the top spot ?
it will still only be decided with GvG. the guild who gets most prestige there will be #1

In Beta there is 18 of the Top20 in diamond currently. That would be 2+ full diamond maps.
would ?

with 18 (or more diamonds. haven't counted them) there ARE currently 3+ diamond maps
(and what does full mean. aren't all leagues full? or are there any empty leagues out there with only 2 guilds fighting each other. or are you already counting leagues with 7 and not 8 guilds to "not full". then 21 diamond guilds wouldn't even fill full leagues. because that would be 3 times 7)

Instead of idling at the top spot.
#1 is idling #1 because nobody is taking that spot from them
at the only place where the others could do that: GvG

Last edited:

Sinitar

Regent
OMG ... it doesn't matter how the guilds allocated by League. You either can (and want) to farm in GBG, or you can't. And if you want, you'll find a way. Because the majority of players do it. Only singles are dissatisfied. Take a poll and we'll see it
Only singles are dissatisfied?I'm a single in beta and it is funny as if you're in big guilds
Yes,I have less chance to reach the diamond league but the platinium league is also good for a beta world when the first objective are the news
With my actual stats (arround 500att/half def and 25 units every day in progressive age),I can remain or in platinium or gold league(depends the opponents)

Owl II

Emperor
Only singles are dissatisfied?I'm a single in beta and it is funny as if you're in big guilds
Yes,I have less chance to reach the diamond league but the platinium league is also good for a beta world when the first objective are the news
With my actual stats (arround 500att/half def and 25 units every day in progressive age),I can remain or in platinium or gold league(depends the opponents)
Not single players. I meant very few people are unhappy. Mostly, players like personal rewards and don't care how does matchmaking across the leagues. If there are goods in the Treasury for siege camps, then everything is amazing

esoterism

Squire
cbg.png
In the allocation of of guild, there is a concept to introduce which is "Pro Gamers Guild" vs. "Familly Guild".
I will explain the difference here :
- Pro Gamers Guild is a guild that is able to take more than 50% of sectors in less than a few minutes (1 to 3).
- Familly Guild is a guild that takes longer to take a sectors.
When more than 1 Pro Gamers Guild is in a League, only these ones are able to play (see pictures) and all others are unable to play. Having as a consequence frustration and down the road terminating accounts.
SO such identification of type of guild should be performed by FOE. And when allocating guilds, Only ONE Pro Gamer guild should be in a league, like seeded place (tête de série) at tennis.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I'm not saying that the principle of the leagues is perfect, I'm telling you "what do you propose?" so that we can debate it and come up with an acceptable suggestion.

You start from a bad initial observation by dividing the guilds into 2 groups (the pros and the families). But within the "Pro" group you have two categories: those which discuss with the small guilds present to exchange a maximum of sectors and those which act as a steamroller. Not only do you have no right to tell them how to play, but also if it is their pleasure as long as they have the cash and the capacity, why would they deny it?

The only observation I can make is that league points were a good start in categorizing guilds according to their activity in GBG. But now it's time to add a second criterion for the diamond league: activity!
Why not go on the number of meetings held before GBG to regroup the guilds within the diamond league?

I like GBG, I also greatly appreciated the fabulous earnings that can be accumulated so easily. But isn't jealousy the problem? Do we not win too many gains, too easily and that this generates these continual complaints?
In GE, the difference between the guilds is even more important but we see less disputes!

In short, I'm not targeting you, but I sincerely think that the complaints against the CBG are only out of jealousy of those who cannot binge as much as they would like!