• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Great Building Alcatraz

• Thread starter DeletedUser3678
  • Start date

DeletedUser3678

Which update comes Alcatraz, and what can it do???

DeletedUser

At least 70 (a week) at level 10. You can't "gain" any unattached units unless you expect us not to lose more than around 4 units a day/hood run (or 4 x the number of barracks you aim to build...)
btw, that gives me another question: If you have 2 of the same barracks, do you get double the chances for that unit?

50/week should be plenty. I lose 3-5 a day; most of those would still likely be 'attached' units, so I'd still be gaining a lot. I would have set the happiness higher (maybe 9900 at level 10? (actually I would have swapped the coins from Frontenac with the happiness boost)), but at 8 units/day it's still ridiculously powerful.

I thought I saw somewhere that yes, you get one chance per barracks, though I don't remember where.

DeletedUser2752

I would have set the happiness higher (maybe 9900 at level 10? (actually I would have swapped the coins from Frontenac with the happiness boost))
Exactly, I wouldn't mind the 8 a day with a normal GB happiness boost (compared to Hagia Sophia, I would expect this to be at 12K, but even your 9.9K would suffice)

piohh

Baronet
who say thats you need to get all days units? If u have enough u can replace the barracks with other buildings... and if you need new units u build new barracks...

DeletedUser

Dissidents is how rouges were translated in italian, and yes dissident/rogue coves are taken into account by Alkatraz and it will produce free unattached/independent rogues/dissidents. This answer has been already given.

DeletedUser3585

The Portuguese COMA has publishied today different values of hapiness and bonus units as it will be the final version of Alcatraz.
This are the new values:

Stats

LvL Hapiness Military Units
1 2700 4
2 3100 4
3 3800 5
4 4300 5
5 4800 5
6 5500 6
7 6000 6
8 6600 6
9 7100 7
10 8600 8

Can someone please confirm the happiness for Alcatraz? The above seems to indicate that happiness bonus increased from the initial stats while the military bonus decreased

BestWarrior

Baronet
It looks like they've changed the number of military units given each 24 hours, according to the values above, but the hapiness doesn't match, because i've compared with a GB in lvl 6, and it gives 3600 hapiness and not 5500 like it's writen and announced in the forum PT.

DeletedUser

Meh... :(

Alcatraz is *huge*, its unit production got lowered, but the happiness is still very low??

Isn't the GBs supposed to be powerfull?

EDIT:

Can't we just make it simple:

LevelUnitsHappiness

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Why u calling it "HUGE"? 10 units per day? On 70 sq building? On every military building u can produce 6 unit per day... Instead of Alcatraz u can build 3 military buildings...
Units are things to get used - not to collecting....
In my opinion 18 on 10th lvl should be enough, not too much not 10....

DeletedUser

On a military building you can /hold/ 4 units, 5 if you spend diamonds. With Alcatraz you can hold infinite units, without spending coin, supplies, or population. Even the 3 per day for level 1 is incredibly powerful if you are judicious with your units.

DeletedUser

but you do spend space. Until it reaches level 6, I wouldn't consider buying it if I'm an active PvP'r

1 conscription office (20 squares) plus population to run it (2 high-rises, 18 squares), culture to keep them happy (2 publishing houses, one polished, 24 squares), and roads to connect them (2 tarmac roads, 8 squares) is the same size as Alcatraz (70 squares). You get the coins from the high-rises, against the extra happiness from Alcatraz.

DeletedUser2752

1 conscription office = up to 6 conscripts a day, but a max of holding 4 units (5 with diamonds) at a time
1 level 5 Alcatraz = 5 random units (you are not guaranteed a specific unit unless you have one barrack) a day, but no maximum limit of units.
Let me emphasis: you are not guaranteed any specific unit. If I don't get my tanks today, I can't battle all my neighbors until tomorrow where I still may not get the chance. Even when I get my tank, I have to try and hold on to it or else I have to wait (at least) another day to get it. (This is why I hate losing rogues in battle :p)
Unless the next age has longer than 4 hour wait times for units, this GB needs a lot of fp for me to think it's worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

On a military building you can /hold/ 4 units, 5 if you spend diamonds. With Alcatraz you can hold infinite units, without spending coin, supplies, or population. Even the 3 per day for level 1 is incredibly powerful if you are judicious with your units.

Who /hold/ing military units instead of using them??? 'ECO players'? Dont joke around. I've got 10 military buildings atm and all of them producting units all time without rest.

DeletedUser

Who /hold/ing military units instead of using them??? 'ECO players'? Dont joke around. I've got 10 military buildings atm and all of them producting units all time without rest.

Then you're not doing very well in combat. I lose 2-3 units a day in PvP, so I can't make more than 2-3 units a day, and I'm using 6-7 barracks' worth.